PlayStation VR

Apr 16

alienation-lead

The Latest on Alienation

alienation-lead

Mikael Haveri's Avatar Posted by on Apr 16, 2015 // Housemarque

After a long hiatus from the public eye the latest Housemarque title, “Alienation,” is once again ready to see the light of day. Since the reveal at Gamescom 2014 very little information has been leaked about the project and all conspiracies have been squashed. But now we are happy to release the latest batch of samples, straight from the lab, including some new screenshots.

One of the main draw to Alienation from a developer’s perspective is the challenge of creating an excellent multiplayer dynamic. Since the game features three main character classes, plenty of loot, and a ton of weapon customizations, the number of different team setups is astronomical. The first reaction to seeing the gameplay footage might feel a bit like confetti shot from a minigun (we like explosions), but the game actually relies heavily on tactical teamwork amidst of all the chaos.

Alienation on PS4

Our Allied Forces have come across violent specimens ranging from human-like foot soldiers to extraterrestrial flesh mountains, and while they are spreading across all corners of the earth, their focus is clearly to gather at strategic military locations away from populated areas. We’ve met them in all weather conditions and even in the darkest winter nights the hostiles do not relent for a second. The only way to defeat the enemy is with uncanny tactics combined with superior firepower.

Alienation on PS4

Alienation on PS4Alienation on PS4

Customizing your character layouts will give you and your team a distinct advantage over the beasts from beyond. Many soldiers have returned from the field in a body bag after heading out with too much confidence. The run-and-gun strategy will get you a few victories, but it will not win the war. Coordination and building trust with your teammates will ultimately be the difference between life and death. This trial will not be an easy one, but let’s make sure that the slimebags know that they have come to the wrong planet.

Tune in to the different comms channels in the near future for more info on the invaders. The frequency of contact with the hostiles is increasing at an alarming rate and soon we will need to reach out for brothers in arms and strike back on a global scale. In the end, only one species can be on the top of the food chain and I’m damn sure I’ll be having some Alien BBQ for dinner.

38 Comments

+ Sangetsu-II on April 16th, 2015 at 6:44 am said:

Do you guys have a Release Window in mind?

+ Foxx on April 16th, 2015 at 6:45 am said:

This sounds awesome. Housemarque continues to be one of the best and if I dare say, most under appreciated developers in the business today. Can’t wait to see more of this as the year rolls on!

+ Gitaroo on April 16th, 2015 at 6:50 am said:

Release date, that’s all I need.

+ Amnalehu on April 16th, 2015 at 6:58 am said:

Easily one of my most anticipated games. I’m really interested in seeing what secrets this game holds!

+ HuckQ on April 16th, 2015 at 7:01 am said:

Looks brilliant, and knowing Housemarque it will play just as well. But the market is really becoming saturated with top-down perspective shooters… I wish game developers started moving away from that.

+ MrBeens on April 16th, 2015 at 7:06 am said:

So is this a co-op game? Your description really sounds like it here, but it doesn’t ever specify if it’s single player or not….

+ Bellalara on April 16th, 2015 at 7:13 am said:

Looking forward to playing it! Resogun was great :D

+ brambillator on April 16th, 2015 at 7:24 am said:

I’m very excited about this game. Loved all games from Housemarque.

+ Dragonchasers on April 16th, 2015 at 8:00 am said:

Hoping when this comes out someone will review it and compare and contrast it with Helldivers. On paper it sounds pretty similar. Though Housemarque does great work so…. I dunno what to think. Doubt I convince my friends to buy another twin-stick shooter for co-op.

+ yowzagabowza on April 16th, 2015 at 8:01 am said:

I WAS excited. Until you started talking about co op strategy and crap. I was hoping for Dead Nation with lasers and aliens. Oh well, you lost me.

+ Corn-Pillow on April 16th, 2015 at 8:59 am said:

I got every one of your games and I’ll definitely be getting this one too.

+ FeddeCampo on April 16th, 2015 at 9:10 am said:

Aiien BBQ FTW!
Looks awesome guys, no surprise if it’s coming from you :)
Keep up the great work!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on April 16th, 2015 at 9:15 am said:

Wait this is like Dead Nation? Color me interested….

+ EndRant on April 16th, 2015 at 9:44 am said:

@13 same devs

+ EndRant on April 16th, 2015 at 9:52 am said:

Looks amazing guys. what’s the total players that can play at the same time?

+ hyutsume on April 16th, 2015 at 9:57 am said:

Please, show the vita some love ! we all want to see this on the small , but Beautiful screen of vita !

+ tusunami on April 16th, 2015 at 10:14 am said:

@HuckQ there are so make FPS,sports games,racing games,fighting games etc. Every year so the twin stick games are not saturated. And besides it does’t stop people from buying these other games in different genres that come out.

+ Tomoprime on April 16th, 2015 at 10:36 am said:

Helldivers 2?

+ death_nation100 on April 16th, 2015 at 11:24 am said:

Hell yeah ! Same developers! Welcome back guys!!!

+ Ethereal on April 16th, 2015 at 12:43 pm said:

Everything released from these devs has been nothing short of spectacular. Looking forward to more information! Keep up the good work!

+ Welmosca on April 16th, 2015 at 12:59 pm said:

Oh its great to hear more about Alienation,can’t wait to see more information about it…and hopefully some new gameplay.Housemarque you guys are truly bosses…you’re the best PSN devs hands down…its a shame that just a few people see that.

+ xClayMeow on April 16th, 2015 at 1:46 pm said:

Hope there’s a possibility of this coming to Vita! You guys haven’t disappointed on the Vita front in the past, so fingers crossed!

+ JKar275 on April 16th, 2015 at 1:57 pm said:

a) Can you confirm whether or not this game will have an online co-op mode?

b) Will we have the option to disable “friendly fire”?

c) Will there be a demo/free trial of this game?

d) What is the release window?

+ HaxE3Demo on April 16th, 2015 at 2:59 pm said:

2018 release

+ Seluhir on April 16th, 2015 at 3:17 pm said:

1) All this talk of ‘team tactics’ makes me fear this game will not be friendly to the solo gamer. Which would be sad because I love your stuff but don’t often have people to play with.

2) “We like explosions” should be your company tagline. It’d sell games, I promise.

+ dkarlowicz10 on April 16th, 2015 at 3:55 pm said:

Please bring it to Vita. Also, Outland would be nice to play on the Vita as well.

+ SarshelYam on April 16th, 2015 at 5:51 pm said:

@Dragonchasers…it would be more accurate to say Helldivers is like Deadnation, Housemarque’s top-down game that seems the spiritual predecessor to Alienation.

+ AgentX on April 16th, 2015 at 6:01 pm said:

Looks great! Housemarque has consistently brought out some very high quality games for the PlayStation systems, so I’ll be eagerly watching the progress on this game as well.

+ supvic on April 16th, 2015 at 9:34 pm said:

Stereoscopic 3D? Don’t let us down after SS Ultra, the bar has been set.

+ SpooNManX on April 16th, 2015 at 10:52 pm said:

Just be sure and include Stereoscopic 3D support, and then patch for Morpheus when that comes out and I’ll be happy.

+ crsn891 on April 17th, 2015 at 8:03 am said:

I really can’t wait to play this game. I hope it comes soon!

+ cusman on April 17th, 2015 at 10:37 am said:

I need to see some gameplay, not just explosions, but gameplay that shows off this tactical depth being referenced

+ Insomnia999 on April 17th, 2015 at 10:42 am said:

Need gameplay footage and a release date!

+ plaztiksyke on April 17th, 2015 at 10:50 am said:

hm, doesn’t looks like the lighting is still last-gen like Dead Nation was. still, we loved playing co-op on Dead Nation on PS3, PS4, and Vita.

will this game support 3DTVs? lots of people were baffled where Dead Nation on PS4 didn’t support stereo 3D, given that Trine 2, Zen Pinball, and several other last-gen ports all looked AMAZING in stereo 3D.

+ deadbolt85 on April 17th, 2015 at 1:26 pm said:

Will there be a Vita version in the works as well? HouseMarque’s games are perfect for on the go gaming.

+ TheTrainJob on April 17th, 2015 at 2:06 pm said:

I hope this game is very similar to Dead Nation, as that is one of my all time favorites. I got the platinum on both the PS3/4 versions of that game. One of the few hardcore action games my wife actually enjoyed playing coop with me. She put in the hours to get pretty good at DN, which really says something about how enjoyable it was. I really hope this is a spiritual successor.

+ Knightfyre on April 18th, 2015 at 7:14 am said:

You can easily access your preferred power options.

+ vackume on April 27th, 2015 at 7:30 pm said:

Looks really good, if a little too similar feeling to Helldivers (maybe with more action and less tactics). I assume it’s PS4 only, but see no confirmation. Still haven’t got one. Oh well.