Watch Dogs 2

Apr 24

rocketleague2

Rocket League PS4 Closed Beta Starts Today

rocketleague2

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar Posted by on Apr 24, 2015 // Vice President of Marketing, Psyonix

We’ve been a little hush-hush since our last PlayStation.Blog post, but it’s because we’ve been hard at work finishing our PS4 sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, aka Rocket League.

Rocket League

The good news is, that just last week, we officially hit our “Feature Complete” milestone — which means that all the features we intended for the final version of the game are now in and working. From this point forward, our attention will focus on testing and polishing Rocket League as much as we possibly can to ensure that our game is as good as it can be.

Development is in the final stretch, but given that we’re running out of spring months, our target release date is changing to summer 2015. Our number-one priority is bringing you, our fans, a fun, high-quality game and we want to do whatever it takes to make that happen.

…Which brings us to how you can help us achieve that goal — by participating in the Rocket League Closed Beta.

Earlier this week, we began rolling out beta access to select members of our existing Rocket League and Battle-Cars community, but starting TODAY, we want to expand it.

All you have to do to take part is head on over to RocketLeagueGame.com and fill out the form shown on the page. To qualify, you will just need a valid email address and a PSN ID.

Rocket LeagueRocket League

Beta Key supplies ARE LIMITED, so not every applicant will get a key. We recommend submitting your name while you can. If you’re not granted access immediately, that doesn’t mean you’re not in the running — we’ll continue to expand the player count as the Beta moves along. Keep an eye on your inbox for more!

And now, some important notes:

• Server Times will run from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Pacific.
  • Because this test is specifically for matchmaking and server functionality, most final-game features are disabled.
  • Season Mode and Car Customization are not included, only one stadium is available for play.
  • These keys are for North America only.
  • This initial beta phase will end at a date to be determined in early May.

That’s it for now. We hope to see you in the Rocket League beta soon. Thanks again for all of your continued support!

PAGE 1 2

+ RecSpec on April 24th, 2015 at 9:06 am said:

I spent a ton of time playing SARPBC on PS3, can’t wait to play this!

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on April 24th, 2015 at 11:39 am said:

We can’t wait for you to play it either. Let us know what you think!

+ Bellalara on April 24th, 2015 at 9:20 am said:

Looks great! Going to sign up for the beta now :D

+ puyol5xavi on April 24th, 2015 at 9:34 am said:

Can’t wait

+ RedemptionHound on April 24th, 2015 at 9:38 am said:

been playing battle cars for 7 years now, I can’t believe I’ll be able to experience this all over again!

+ Foxx on April 24th, 2015 at 9:39 am said:

Oh man – after the hours put into SARPBC on PS3 and if I may gloat, beating the devs on the first day of Playstation Experience. I can’t wait to get this back in my life :)

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on April 24th, 2015 at 11:46 am said:

We had a blast at that event and we learned a lot from it.

As for kicking our butts…

Uh, no comment.

;)

+ Craazy on April 24th, 2015 at 9:42 am said:

This is and has been my 7 year old’s go to game for some time…….many others have passed on his interest but Rocket Cars is has FAV!

+ rickvargas on April 24th, 2015 at 10:27 am said:

Already downloaded the beta!! can’t wait to try it out when i get home :D (Got the beta early thank to a gameplay stream on Kinda Funny’s twitch channel)

+ gus_xl on April 24th, 2015 at 10:34 am said:

I loved this game on the PS3. It was definitely my favorite for a year or two. Can’t wait to get back into it.

+ JMG24BAD on April 24th, 2015 at 10:40 am said:

I used to play the heck out of sarpbc on ps3.” I must has a beta codes, all the beta codes are belong to us”

+ ElementOfInertia on April 24th, 2015 at 10:40 am said:

Been slingin’ SARB since ’08. I can’t wait to make my mediocre skills to the next level with RL. Yay Psyonix!

+ Corn-Pillow on April 24th, 2015 at 10:50 am said:

I got in! cant wait to get home and play it today. I’ve never heard of the game before until i saw it on Greg and Collin live!

+ DRSPEED on April 24th, 2015 at 11:41 am said:

I bought and enjoyed the origunal game on PS3. It’s nice to see a new upgrade to that title and for it to be brought to PS4.

+ MJK13 on April 24th, 2015 at 12:06 pm said:

I hope that amazing intro music is still in the game! Can’t wait to play it!

+ Mordeth89 on April 24th, 2015 at 12:27 pm said:

Seriously, getting all the stars in SARPBC was one of my proudest gaming moments. Can’t wait for this.

+ auron2 on April 24th, 2015 at 1:04 pm said:

Oh man. I can’t wait for this game. Even my friends who don’t play videogames had a blast with the previous one.

+ FMKC02593434 on April 24th, 2015 at 1:37 pm said:

I am so hyped for the Beta! I hope I will still get in because I registered today :)
I played SARPBC hundreds of hours and I am looking forward for the Sequel. I am also very proud to be a part of this community! Maybe I am able to score the First Air Drag in Rocket League like I did in SARPBC! I LOVE YOU GUYS <3

+ SHARINGAN_JP on April 24th, 2015 at 1:44 pm said:

No vita?

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on April 24th, 2015 at 2:33 pm said:

We haven’t announced a Vita-specific version, but Remote Play is definitely supported.

+ SemRumo-USA on April 24th, 2015 at 1:47 pm said:

Sou um Youtuber brasileiro, gostaria muito de ter a oportunidade de jogar e ajudar a divulgar esse novo jogo da série que parece estar incrível! Realmente é com empresas como vocês que conseguimos ver o espírito dos gamers. Parabéns aos desenvolvedores.

+ auron2 on April 24th, 2015 at 2:18 pm said:

Yay, I got the beta! Thanks guys!

+ GooieGreen on April 24th, 2015 at 2:45 pm said:

Hey Jeremy, glad to hear the development team is Feature Complete. Looking forward to playing the final product!

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on April 24th, 2015 at 5:12 pm said:

Thanks you, sir! :)

+ chavez1138 on April 24th, 2015 at 3:04 pm said:

got the beta, can’t wait to get home… to start downloading =P

+ chavez1138 on April 24th, 2015 at 3:04 pm said:

Until when is the Beta playable?

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on April 24th, 2015 at 5:12 pm said:

It’s playable now. Sign-up with the link up there. As I write this, it will be going for several more hours today before recovering for tomorrow!

+ XtortedMemory on April 24th, 2015 at 3:19 pm said:

Sweet, can’t wait to play this. One of my friends just asked me a few days ago If I heard any recent news about this game. Now I just need to tell him to sign up =)

+ swissreaper on April 24th, 2015 at 3:24 pm said:

My Rocket League Beta Key dont work :(

tried it 20 times wont work :/

+ auron2 on April 24th, 2015 at 5:21 pm said:

Loving the beta so far.
I wish you could let us play solo and split-screen against bots when the servers are down. It’s gonna be a bummer having to stop to playing after 1am.

+ Stallone1993 on April 24th, 2015 at 6:15 pm said:

Ahh I’m a huge fan of SARPBC… I hope I can get an early taste of Rocket League!

I can tell from the trailer that this is a day 1 buy for me, but I can’t resist trying it out right now.

+ Gtagentleman on April 24th, 2015 at 7:16 pm said:

I missed it? NOOOOO! I really want a Mario Kart like game on the PS4 and this one looks like tons of fun! I want to play the beta :(

+ Contreras0327 on April 24th, 2015 at 8:51 pm said:

Me la dieron es lo mejor se siente como manejar un carro verdadero

+ BloodOfVengeance on April 24th, 2015 at 9:46 pm said:

I have been waiting for this game FOR-EVER. This was one of my all time favorite games on PS3. Have 100% Trophies! I can’t wait to BETA Test! So AMPPPEEDDDD

+ riddle43 on April 24th, 2015 at 10:07 pm said:

I can’t wait to play this game and review it for the site i blog for :)

+ TcStreets on April 25th, 2015 at 1:40 am said:

I’ve been waiting / anticipating the sequel for sarpbc for almost 6 years…hope to get in on the beta to relive some college memories from the original!

+ IvanBeek on April 25th, 2015 at 3:49 am said:

Me and my mate at uni smashed the original for two years until ps4! I haven’t received an email yet, please allow us all mighty gods of rocket powered mightiness.

+ ZodTheRipper on April 25th, 2015 at 8:32 am said:

Loving the beta, me and my friends can’t wait for the full game! Please make sure to support the game after launch with lots of new content! :)

+ xGaMeRx1227 on April 25th, 2015 at 9:53 am said:

Im trying to sign up it saying my email invalid what do I do I really want this beta

+ tankrgh on April 25th, 2015 at 11:05 am said:

I’ve been playing sarp for 4 years and it was my favorite game of all time. I really hope I get the beta key to get back into the action and beat Snake, Demic, Lachinio, and even some of the devs again. Watch out guys the U.S. marine’s tank is coming into play. :)

+ D34DL1N3R on April 25th, 2015 at 11:22 am said:

Tried to sign up and when I submit my info it just says “Keyword Required” in red letters. Ummmm…. if I had a keyword there’s not even a place to enter it. LoL.

+ BloodOfVengeance on April 25th, 2015 at 2:15 pm said:

First Game On. (7 – 1) 5 Goals by Me! Welcome Back the Best Game EVER!

+ JGfan24 on April 25th, 2015 at 4:51 pm said:

I’m in the closed beta Awesome thanks guys

+ JGfan24 on April 25th, 2015 at 5:47 pm said:

I’m in the closed beta Awesome thanks guys when will full game come out

+ Haggisthemanly on April 25th, 2015 at 6:27 pm said:

Played a few matches today, I can’t wait to pay whatever the full game will be. Can we share gameplay on facebook and the like?

+ DanSD on April 25th, 2015 at 7:05 pm said:

I heard, last year, a sequel was in progress, but hadn’t come across any solid information. I’m stoked it’s happening. The beta feels very much like the original, but seems smoother, and looks much, much prettier. The “lobby” is also a nice touch. You guys must include the original theme song in this game, even if only as an Easter egg.

My beta experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvVp7aZhvmU

That 6:25 save/goal.. Damn.
And that 7:20 save.. so elegant (nevermind how I set the goal shot up against us.. for the second time).

+ thegodofgreen on April 25th, 2015 at 10:19 pm said:

servers just went down as scheduled, the game is somewhat fast paced. easy to pick up hard to master, easily a family / friend party type game that can have a serious side good fun wish there was 4 v 4. the connection was smooth, no one in the 3v3 had a ping over 70

+ Roguerts on April 25th, 2015 at 10:21 pm said:

Whatever you guys do with this game…. just make sure it has a super awesome intro song like SUPERSONIC ACROBATIC ROCKET-POWERED BATTLE-CARS did…… cause it needs that!

+ MakaiOokami on April 26th, 2015 at 12:42 am said:

When did the game drop to $3?

Man if I knew that I would have been pestering my friends to buy it!

+ dizzi800 on April 26th, 2015 at 1:25 pm said:

Most people seem to be getting their beta keys within a couple of hours… I signed up yesterday and – nothing.

Is it just lagging behind the (reported) average? Or are you excluding Canada from North America?

+ cool_trainer on April 26th, 2015 at 11:58 pm said:

BEYOND!

+ SilverSpg on April 27th, 2015 at 10:13 am said:

I don’t remember being this bad at the original game, but it’s fun!
Apologies to my teammates.

+ GGCAN on April 27th, 2015 at 11:05 am said:

Got an invite to the Beta this past weekend and gotta say I’m loving this game !

Day one purchase.

+ Aika_Algiz on April 27th, 2015 at 4:17 pm said:

Nice!! The first game is osooom!

+ JDsmoovness on April 28th, 2015 at 12:49 pm said:

My son loves this game!! Reminds me of Atv off-road fury 2 ice hockey matches!!!

PAGE 1 2