PlayStation Vue

Jun 03

mighty

Mighty No. 9: Retail Details, Cross-Buy, Pre-order for Retro Hero Mode

Pete Brolly's Avatar Posted by on Jun 03, 2015 // Senior Global Brand Manager, Deep Silver

Hello again PlayStation fans!

We’re back again with a few more Mighty No. 9 details that we know that gamers will be excited to hear. For those of you who are perhaps new to whole Mighty No. 9 discussion, come in, sit down, make yourself comfortable and allow our sparkly new Mighty No. 9 “Beat Them at Their Own Game” gameplay trailer get you up to speed — in glorious 60fps, no less!

Mighty No. 9 | PlayStation.com

So, on to the news! We saw that, let’s just say, more than a few of you have asked about this, so it gives us great pleasure to announce that Mighty No. 9 will support Cross-Buy across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita. What’s cooler than that? Well, how about the fact that Cross-Buy will be available on both the digital versions and the PS4 retail version.

We also have a few more details on the PS4 retail version – in this edition you’ll not only receive the “Ray” DLC which grants you access to the Abandoned Lab stage, a boss battle against new bad-guy Ray, and the ability to then play through the entire game as Ray herself, but we’re also packing in a double-sided poster as well as “The Art of Mighty No. 9”: an art booklet which showcases the sublime artworks and concept arts from our friends at comcept and Inti Creates.

Mighty No. 9

Finally we also wanted to drop some information on a special goody for those that choose to pre-order the title: we’ll be giving you the “Retro Hero Mode”: where Beck will don a retro-inspired suit, complete with 8-bit style pew-pew sound effects and direct access to a rock hard insta-death mode, where any single hit will result in Beck’s destruction. Not for the faint of heart!

Mighty No. 9

While the Retro Hero Mode with the Retro Beck character model & the access to the insane difficulty mode will be the pre-order bonus, the insta-death mode is not exclusive to only those who pre-order: the core game will also contain a slightly different one-hit death mode – one which you’ll be able to unlock by completing a specific, but more on that later!

Mighty No. 9 Signature Edition

Last announcement of the day is an extremely limited Collector’s Edition only for North America. The Mighty No. 9: Signature Edition will include the Launch Edition of the PS4 game as well as an individually numbered 6.5” figurine of Beck complete with 14 points of articulation and three interchangeable faceplates. Packaging on this version will prominently feature a metallic foil signature from legendary creator Keiji Inafune across the front. Oh, and all of that for only $59.99!

That’s all for now — stay tuned for more updates on Mighty No. 9!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Bellalara on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:02 am said:

Cross-Buy on the retail version to? Sweet!

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:09 am said:

Hey guys! Feel free to chime in in the comments below with any questions, I’ll be here answering throughout the day. Thanks again for all the support for Mighty No. 9!

+ Jinxyman on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:03 am said:

Nice!

Colin will you be purchasing the CE for the figure? Hi Greg!

+ paulogy on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:04 am said:

I love it when a game supports three-way cross-buy :-). Glad this is coming to retail, and that cross-buy is STILL supported?! Well done!

Colin (from Kinda Funny) will be most pleased :-)

+ Mercenary09 on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:05 am said:

Cross buy on retail version is sweet! Already pre ordered my copy but I’ll have to switch it to the collectors edition. When will it be up for pre order?

+ FeddeCampo on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:07 am said:

I was already satisfied with the Vita version.Now it’s BOOM! Cross-Buy. Awesome! September will be great :)

+ Mercenary09 on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:14 am said:

I really wish the Colin and Greg stuff would end here. It gets old reading that stuff over and over in the comments on every post.

+ loucetios on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:15 am said:

When/Where can we order the collector’s edition?

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:18 am said:

It should be listed at all retailers as soon as they set it to live on their pages. Hopefully today!

+ Arcticflames on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:16 am said:

Where and when will I be able to pre-order the collector’s edition?

+ Cloud_Squall78 on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:18 am said:

Ryan, I know the release is still a ways off, but do you know if Mighty No. 9 will have a platinum trophy?

Also, where will we be able to preorder the Collector’s Edition?

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:19 am said:

We haven’t released any of the trophy details yet, so stay tuned. As far as the CE info, see above!

+ UltimateI911 on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:19 am said:

As a backer for the KS, do you know if the code we get from the KS will give us the PS4/PS3 and PSVita version? I plan to redeem it on either the PS4 or PSVita, so it would be nice if I didn’t have to pick and get both.

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:21 am said:

For KS specific questions, please make sure to defer to the backer forums. I think you’ll be fine though.

+ Popbot on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:19 am said:

Quick question regarding the retail version cross-buy
Will the retail version then just come with a digital code for the ps3 and vita versions?
Or will it also come with a “digital copy” of the PS4 version as well?

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:23 am said:

PS4 retail copy will come with a code for the PS3 digital copy, and that will grant entitlement to the PS Vita digital copy when it releases shortly after. PS4 retail owners will not get digital copies for PS4.

+ Jake_Indiman on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:19 am said:

Original Kickstarter backer here. You guys never cease to amaze. I will be buying this collector’s if I can run fast enough! Thank you for the love!

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:26 am said:

<3 <3 <3

+ MindFreak325 on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:19 am said:

Hey Ryan, I want to preorder this game does the digital version also include the Ray DLC or just the retail copy. It isn’t very clear or I must have just overlooked it. I am looking forward to Mighty No. 9

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:24 am said:

Standard digital versions of MN9 do not include the Ray DLC, but it will be available for purchase on the PS Store.

+ Tinye310 on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:21 am said:

Cross buy is awesome! I don’t remember what I chose when I backed >.> haha so this works out!

+ ERMAC420 on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:21 am said:

Is the 59.99 price for that special edition or is it realy the price of the game in general? I don’t need any fancy merch to go with my game i just want to download it and play it but at that price? Seems a little steep for a fund raised game.

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:26 am said:

$59.99 is the price of the Signature Edition :)

+ RyuZX on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:24 am said:

I want the game digitally only but it isn’t clear if doing so misses out on the Ray and Retro Hero dlc. Will we be able to preorder the digital version on PSN for the Retro Hero dlc?

+ KazeEternal on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:27 am said:

I hope this is an available option for Backers. :(

+ jake-d-gamer on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

Is there any chance that the vita edition will get a retail release in the future?

+ pandakids09 on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

Oh my god so much hype! I’ve been waiting for this game for so long now and now its almost here! Will i be able to pre-order the Collector’s Edition over gamestop??

+ zeroiszero on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:39 am said:

i can still buy the ray dlc if i go digital?

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:49 am said:

Yes. Ray DLC will be available for purchase on the PS Store.

+ FurryCurry on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:46 am said:

So just to make this stupidly clear:

Mighty No. 9 basic retail release ($29.99) will include:

– Disc for PS4 version
– Code for PS3 version which will allow crossbuy for Vita version.
– Ray DLC

Collector’s Edition ($59.99) will include the above plus the figurine.

So PS4 retail buyers will not be able to download the game without purchasing it off of PSN? The code for PS3/Vita doesn’t allow for crossbuy on the PS4?

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:52 am said:

You forgot the Retro Hero DLC in the physical versions. (for pre-orders)

The rest of it is correct.

+ Hayades on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:49 am said:

Will the signature edition be available in Canada?

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:54 am said:

Yes, but all quantities for the CE are extremely limited.

+ Blu3bombr on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:52 am said:

Where can I pre order the retail signature edition?

+ Boomtonic on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:52 am said:

Will there be a physical copy for Vita? I hope so

+ Notserp2814 on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:55 am said:

As a PS gamer this is awesome news.

As a backer this is just nothing but defeating news. I can’t help but feel cheated and scammed since this is the MORE than what a backer gets for spending the SAME amount of money as you would if you buy the retail version.

I’m torn and really don’t know how to feel. Mighty No. 9 was my first game to Kickstart, and I think I’ll never do it again.

+ RyuZX on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:55 am said:

I guess I won’t get an answer to my question.

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 9:05 am said:

Digital pre-order is an option we’re exploring. Since it’s not 100% confirmed, that’s why I didn’t answer.

+ Kaznasty- on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:55 am said:

I don’t know much of this game buy ANY game that offers Cross-buy on the retail version is awesome in my book!

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 9:03 am said:

We’re the first non-1st party game to do it. So… that’s why you don’t know any :)

+ TeamGreen615 on June 3rd, 2015 at 8:58 am said:

I was hoping for a retail release on the Vita but I am just happy there will be a digital version. With that being said I think a lot of us would like to know what the file size is. That’s very important information to Vita owners when dealing with our memory space.

@#7 Mercenary09 I agree with you. Getting really old just like the other people who keep talking about all that tall money they are making.

+ pablikenemi on June 3rd, 2015 at 9:04 am said:

Sounds good,Thanks for support Ps Vita !!

+ FurryCurry on June 3rd, 2015 at 9:20 am said:

What retailers will be offering the Collector’s Edition? Specifics would be nice. ^_^

+ psyXcho on June 3rd, 2015 at 9:21 am said:

is the retail a physical disc or a code pack in (or both for cross buy)?

+ SlyCooperFan100 on June 3rd, 2015 at 9:44 am said:

@Ryan Avery (#28) No you’re not. Rogue Legacy, Shovel Knight…

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 10:22 am said:

Sorry, I was referring to retail games.

+ Souledge94 on June 3rd, 2015 at 9:45 am said:

Imma get the sig edition,but the sites havent freaking put it up :(.

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 1:39 pm said:

We’re live now! Check the links I posted above.

+ jcthomas00 on June 3rd, 2015 at 9:46 am said:

Reasonably priced at $29.99, with cross-buy support for vita and few pre-order perks? You guys made it super easy for me to press the pre-order button. Maybe other games should take notice…

+ djsaiyan on June 3rd, 2015 at 9:47 am said:

Okay so just so we’re 100% clear

How do I get this stuff if I backed you for a rather large amount of money on Kickstarter

+ MegaRayIII on June 3rd, 2015 at 9:48 am said:

Is the Vita version a 3ds port or a PS3 port?
P.S please dont make the Vita version come too late.

+ djsaiyan on June 3rd, 2015 at 9:55 am said:

Like is that art book and poster going out to everyone with a physical rewards tier?

Do Kickstarter backers get the Ray and Retro DLC by default?

Is there going to be an option for us to get ahold of the statue?

Help me out here.

+ MaDogNik96 on June 3rd, 2015 at 9:57 am said:

Is it me, or does the “Retro Hero” DLC character look like one of the Humans from Resogun? I don’t know. What do you think, Colin and Greg?

+ TimelessScribble on June 3rd, 2015 at 10:06 am said:

when will we be able to pre-order the collector’s version?
also would we pre-order it here or at a store?

+ LiquidKarnivore on June 3rd, 2015 at 10:22 am said:

Just called Gamestop they have no clue about the signature edition. I need it!

+ tusunami on June 3rd, 2015 at 10:30 am said:

What I would like to know is Amazon getting the signature edition as well?

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 10:41 am said:

Yes, they will.

+ luvtoseek on June 3rd, 2015 at 10:32 am said:

ctrl f Colin / Greg

ZERO Results found in Developer/Publisher Blog Post.

[insert: whoareyoueventalkingto.gif] to these immature PSN members.

I like Kindafunny too but GROW UP people. IF the KF crew were here then there’s an Actual conversation, otherwise you’re detracting from the author of the article. Don’t make KF an Internet troll.

Buying the Vita version, thanks for the info Ryan!

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 10:41 am said:

Happy to help! <3

+ oversevethousand on June 3rd, 2015 at 10:32 am said:

How does one actually get the Collector’s Edition, and when will the Vita version get a release date?

+ Souledge94 on June 3rd, 2015 at 10:52 am said:

@44
Through the stores. The thing is they have yet to put it up. All of us are waiting as well lol.

+ Aeolus426 on June 3rd, 2015 at 10:52 am said:

Does the ps3 get teh signature edition?
i dont want to buy a ps4 game since i dont have a ps4…….

+ death_nation100 on June 3rd, 2015 at 11:12 am said:

They look like toys to me. Don’t get me wrong I do love Mega Man but this is a new Installment I even enjoyed playing through Shovel Knight it was strikingly similar ..

+ B91212- on June 3rd, 2015 at 11:19 am said:

Looking forward to this, thanks once again for the Vita support. Looks a great fit for the old ‘legacy’ unit that is the PS Vita!

+ Digital_Doom on June 3rd, 2015 at 11:23 am said:

Oh man I really want that figurine! Where can we purchase it? I don’t see it at any retailer sites yet!

+ snarls200 on June 3rd, 2015 at 11:24 am said:

death_nation100: this is not Mega Man. Capcom owns Mega Man. Though this was created by the same guy who created Mega Man

+ Rokumad on June 3rd, 2015 at 11:26 am said:

Will the Hero DLC be available for european preorder ?
Because Amazon doesn’t mention it.

+ Ryan Avery on June 3rd, 2015 at 11:45 am said:

All retailers are in the process of updating their product descriptions.

PAGE 1 2 3