The Last Guardian

Jun 15

Call of Duty Black Ops III

Call of Duty: Black Ops III PS4 Multiplayer Beta Details

Call of Duty Black Ops III

Adam Boyes's Avatar Posted by on Jun 15, 2015 // VP Publisher Relations, SCEA

Hello, PlayStation fans! I’ve been writing this blog from the conference back stage, and I’m so glad I can finally talk about the next Call of Duty. Everyone here at PlayStation couldn’t be more thrilled about tonight’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 news and what it means for the PlayStation Nation.

It’s hard to describe, but there’s something about Black Ops 2 multiplayer that made the game really special for me. I got the same feeling when I tried Black Ops 3, so I can’t tell you how excited I am that folks at E3 this week are getting hands-on with playable multiplayer on the show floor.

In case you missed it, here’s the Black Ops 3 Multiplayer reveal trailer that we just showed at our conference.

If you’re not here at E3, you won’t have to wait until launch, because we revealed that PS4 owners who pre-order get first dibs on the multiplayer Beta coming in August. I know it’s hard sometimes watching everyone going to E3 and checking out these games early, so we wanted to make sure the PlayStation Nation get some of that same love.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III

And for the fans who want more and want it sooner, starting with Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 downloadable map packs will be playable first on PlayStation.

That’s all for now! If campaign mode is more up your alley, keep an eye out for a blog and new trailer from my friends at Treyarch later tonight.

+ paulogy on June 15th, 2015 at 7:36 pm said:

Awesome show, Adam! Truly one for the history books. Absolutely incredible! I’m grinning ear to ear :-D

+ suckin_blood on June 15th, 2015 at 7:37 pm said:

The XBOX fan are now pissed

+ HEY-ITS-SHAWN on June 17th, 2015 at 5:45 pm said:

they probably are mad but playstation has a better game line up tho ive played xbox but im now going to get into playstation

+ Mobius2525 on June 15th, 2015 at 7:38 pm said:

Glad to hear Call of Duty found a new home on PS4.

+ HOJU99 on June 15th, 2015 at 7:44 pm said:

How long is the DLC exclusivity?

+ VDubPDX82 on June 15th, 2015 at 7:48 pm said:

They have not said they just said first on PlayStation other platforms at a later date.

+ VDubPDX82 on June 15th, 2015 at 7:48 pm said:

So Glad to hear this super unexpected. Xbox players will NOT be happy.

+ Frodomec on June 15th, 2015 at 7:54 pm said:

R.I.P Ps Vita.

+ dizeeStL on June 15th, 2015 at 7:54 pm said:

So glad you wasted tons of cash on this garbage franchise instead of giving us a TRUE socom or socom1/2 HD.

call of duty needs to die already. bring back classic SOCOM.

+ IAtmxs on June 16th, 2015 at 8:29 pm said:

I will pray for you young child

+ LUPO_2038 on June 15th, 2015 at 8:41 pm said:

Ahhhhhhhhh we got it! how is the exclusive going to work? Are we getting it a month early?….

+ LUPO_2038 on June 15th, 2015 at 8:47 pm said:

call of duty exclusive for Ps4!!!!!! Xbox one are you mad… right noww.. cuz we not!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ps4

+ IAtmxs on June 16th, 2015 at 8:28 pm said:

It’s not exclusive to PS4 lmao

+ Hakumen__ on June 15th, 2015 at 9:44 pm said:

Where are the PS Vita games? :(

+ killer_ouf on June 16th, 2015 at 1:58 am said:

About the multiplayer reveal trailer, who made the music?

+ NatalyasRevenge on June 19th, 2015 at 9:00 pm said:

His name is yelawolf look him up on YouTube

+ Kt-izM on June 16th, 2015 at 5:39 am said:

OK I saw someone blow up to pieces. That’s great finally was waw type gore. Is this official? Lol i hated how it wasn’t like waw. More realistic.

+ P1_Game_Freak on June 16th, 2015 at 7:33 am said:

I agree that the show was awesome, but I think there are more pissed off ps4 gamers than there are xbox gamers. yeah, we ps4 gamers will get the black ops 3 packs first, but xbox got backward compatability……..that alone tells me that microsoft won the e3 battle, which sucks. I’ve been all about nothing but playstation since the ps1 original release.

+ NatalyasRevenge on June 19th, 2015 at 9:01 pm said:

So let me get this right ……you think Microsoft won because they gave gamers a way to play years upon years of old games….shows what you know

+ saab01 on June 16th, 2015 at 9:55 am said:

Funny how map packs will now be first on Playstation since in my eyes COD is a dieing game. Other games are getting better while COD is just the same old same old. I wish this happened back in 07 when COD 4 was one of the best games to have with owning your PS3. Now now in 2015 when the franchise is going under.

+ Renan_Acid on June 16th, 2015 at 11:35 am said:

I was so pissed when Andrew House said you guys we’re making a partnership with Activi$ion on an excellent franchise (or something like that), and instead of it being a new Crash Bandicoot or Spyro, it was this crap. Listen to your fans, Sony! Look at the rating for this blog post, no one wants this. Leave CoD to Xbox, that’s where the dudebro gamers are, and give us some actually creative games.

+ IAtmxs on June 16th, 2015 at 8:19 pm said:

I agree 100% leave CoD to Xbox. I don’t want to have to transfer to Sony’s ****** system

+ dillon_the_beast on June 21st, 2015 at 10:31 am said:

Xbox doesnt want COD anymore they are the one that stopped the contract and im glad its on the ps4. it runs better on the ps4 then xbox so stop your crying and deal with it, it’s life.

+ CraZyKiLLa416 on June 16th, 2015 at 12:48 pm said:

Thank you playstation been a cod fan for years this right here will make the game get even better sorry xbox fans

+ IAtmxs on June 16th, 2015 at 8:17 pm said:

It will not make it better

+ IAtmxs on June 16th, 2015 at 8:17 pm said:

I would be less mad if the play station controllers weren’t complete ****. I really hope this doesn’t mean competitive Call of Duty transfers to Playstation now. Help us all God. We all know it wouldn’t end well.

+ Lesula on June 16th, 2015 at 10:03 pm said:

It’s about time sony, call of duty is awesome. Also I love Destiny, this expansion looking good. Oh yeah, can’t wait for Uncharted 4, i absolutely loved the previous three installments, especially uncharted 2 & 3, they revolutionized my gaming experience.

+ gxheydon on June 17th, 2015 at 11:57 pm said:

Holy s***. Music to my ears can’t f****** wait for this :)

+ rontboneb on June 18th, 2015 at 2:31 pm said:

yo expect all of ps3 players to buy this game when it comes out yet we can play the beta ? I will bet you will sell a lot for ps3 then ps4 dont seem fair to us? ks ron

+ stoneyguy on June 19th, 2015 at 10:31 pm said:

While I wish we could just end this advance DLC hoopla, I’m glad that it’s at least in our favor this time.

+ RG-X-SP4RKL3z on June 20th, 2015 at 7:36 am said:

I think xbox and playstation should get dlc/map packs at the same time to stop console war arguments :/

+ Your_Despicable0 on July 9th, 2015 at 12:27 am said:

I was wondering is the beta only going to be for the bundle addition or what?