Farpoint

Jun 24

Jun 24

DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition Out June 25th

Shuhei Yoshida's Avatar Posted by President, SCE Worldwide Studios

Hi everyone. After a lot of hard work from the team at Evolution Studios, I’m pleased to announce that we are making the Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition available to all PlayStation Plus members starting on Thursday, June 25th.

We’ve spent a long time preparing for this launch after some difficult and unexpected set-backs. To make absolutely certain that all players have the smoothest and most stable experience possible we are going to be duly cautious about how we release the game this time around.

Driveclub on PS4

Starting on Thursday, all PlayStation Plus members can download Driveclub PS Plus Edition and begin playing the offline mode. Also starting Thursday, we will be rolling out online access to the Driveclub PS Plus Edition and will steadily bring more and more players online while continuously ensuring that all game systems are running smoothly. We know that this might be frustrating after your extra wait already, but hope you can understand that we are taking extra precautions to protect your experience when you do get online. We want to make sure we don’t overload the servers as we invite millions of PS Plus members to download the game tomorrow.

We have to take this precaution because Driveclub connectivity is demanding for a multiplayer game, with countless ever-growing social connections across clubs, challenges, multiplayer, and hundreds of thousands of dynamic leaderboards and activity feeds.

Driveclub on PS4Driveclub on PS4

Everybody will have full access to the offline mode of the Driveclub PS Plus Edition while this is happening and we will keep you fully up to speed via driveclub.com with updates on access as we bring everybody online.

Thank you to everyone who has stood by Driveclub during the past year and for everyone who has accepted the extra wait for the PS Plus Edition and the companion app which will come after. The team at Evolution Studios is working incredibly hard to make Driveclub great for you, to get everyone to have fun racing in clubs and continue the evolution of the game with spectacular updates every month. I can’t wait to see all of you enjoying the game online together.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

soundandvision77 said:

June 24th, 7:04 am

Wow, thank you. It will be nice to check out this game. It’s been a long wait, but I’ve had plenty of other stuff to play. Cheers!

MisterAxle said:

June 24th, 8:20 am

Yeah, that’s been my attitude about it, too. As much of a flop as the first launch attempt was, there really has been an abundance of other content available in the mean time. Looking forward to giving it a go. Grabbing all of the free DLC now. =)

AncLEoniX said:

June 24th, 9:43 am

I just wanna clarify a little. I currently have the PS+ edition of Driveclub. It’s pretty fun been playing since yesterday when it was “accidentally” released. Everyone should defiantly check it out. It’s an amazing game at this point. Yet want to clarify that ISO t see anyway to use the free DLC without buying the full edition. Also it’s very limited to what you can do. There is virtually no MP function in this version that I can find. But defiantly check it out cause it’s pretty sweet so far. Glad to see a final release put on it.

yowzagabowza said:

June 24th, 11:16 am

Absolutely PATHETIC job with this plus edition. Every single person involved should be ashamed. Never ever will this game see a single cent from me. And Rusty is a damn liar, and as long as he’s around, Evolution will see none of my money.

Shu, i hope you’re reading the comments. I hope youve BEEN reading them since October. This is NOT acceptable. It made PlayStation a laughing stock. A day one ps4 release game is coming now!?!? WTF! Its this kind of ineptitude that will prevent me from buying games at launch. Its everyone’s fault.

EGGS_ONE said:

June 24th, 12:03 pm

I bought the full game at a reduced price of course. I have to say its really good. Worth a purchase!

HeavyToka said:

June 24th, 3:09 pm

Don’t pay attention to @yowzagabowza’s comment, he complains about everything; so even if this came out when it was supposed to he would still be in here complaining.

PanTheMan16 said:

June 25th, 6:55 am

“A day one ps4 release game is coming now!?!?”

Uh, no. The game came out in October 2014.

bombbreath said:

June 25th, 11:09 am

Its Race day drivers start your engines:-) Enough said. Haters will be haters’ Let’s all enjoy and have some fun summer is a raceing activity. :-) It is now:-)

paulogy said:

June 24th, 7:06 am

Hi Shu! Wow, what a month!

The Last Guardian re-reveal, Final Fantasy VII Remake announce, Shenmue III announce, AND DriveClub PS+ Edition release!? June 2015 is one of the best months ever! I kinda can’t believe it :-D

GunnerFCm said:

June 24th, 7:07 am

Congratulations! It would have been easy to give up with the set-backs, but I’m glad you didn’t, and am looking forward to checking this out soon!

siriusbee said:

June 25th, 5:21 pm

I agree. Been a player since day one, but I’m glad that you’ve stuck with the game thus far. Really hope that once these issues are sorted out, you will continue with the Driveclub franchise/game to take it even further, because despite the troubles, it’s an awesome game.

Ghostwize said:

June 24th, 7:09 am

I look forward to the delay…

Compeau said:

June 24th, 7:09 am

I’m genuinely surprised that after this was delayed for so long, and with all the issues with the game post-release, that Sony didn’t just scrap the PS+ edition and give us the full version over PS+ as an apology.

Squirtbot said:

June 24th, 12:00 pm

I thought the same thing. Figured Sony was going to seal the deal at E3 and just announce DriveClub free for Plus members.

Astroking112 said:

June 25th, 6:55 am

I was genuinely expecting that.

And now we find out that we’re not even getting the PS+ demo yet, since the online is going to be disabled until enough people get off. Why wasn’t this possible back in October, when everyone was asking for the offline component while they waited for online?

War_Machida said:

June 24th, 7:12 am

I was actually planning on selling my ps4 a couple minutes ago, since I don’t have money to buy new games, but this news made me forget about it. Now I’ll have something to play! Thank you, guys. Really.

Amnalehu said:

June 24th, 7:16 am

Play Warframe also. It’s really a great game!

blackiemist88 said:

June 24th, 8:00 am

If u have ps+ u get free games… And if u do t u can’t play this anyways

drd7of14 said:

June 24th, 8:08 am

And try out Planetside 2, that just came out today for PS4, and it’s pretty fun. Free to play!

D34DL1N3R said:

June 24th, 3:51 pm

Subscribe to PS+ and for roughly $3-$4 a month you can have some new games to play on a regular basis.

bombbreath said:

June 25th, 11:14 am

Check out the fee to play section on the PS store. Lots of free games, And being a plus member you get lots of great content’. Don’t ever sell your PS4. It’s entertainment complete.:-)

xCh0z3n-0n3x said:

June 24th, 7:12 am

Thank you guys! really looking forward to my friends getting this since I already own the game. The game is great! i wish none of this happened. But I am always wondering why exactly all this happened. is it because this is your first huge online connected game? and did you guys have to create your own servers or something?

maxcoronel2014 said:

June 24th, 7:14 am

It was a tough start, awkward at times but well, its finally happening. Ill give it a try and plan to judge tha game not because of its delays but for how it plays right now. Thank you for not giving up on this.

Amnalehu said:

June 24th, 7:18 am

I’ve been playing Driveclub since it launched and it is a really great game. I’m glad to see that all of the PS+ members are going to get a chance to experience this gem of a game!

jonnyzombieboy said:

June 24th, 12:41 pm

I honestly agree. I understand everyone’s frustration with the delays, online debacles and so on, but I bought DriveClub the day it came out and I’ve been playing it ever since. Much like the Silent Hill HD Collection on ps3, it had its bugs at the beginning but if you’re patient and give them time to fix them, it’s worth the wait. If anyone wants to join my club, look up my profile or my club (BurnClub) when you get online! Let’s kill it!

PanTheMan16 said:

June 24th, 7:18 am

I won’t be surprised if there are issues with the PS+ edition. Evidently, the word “beta” is completely foreign to Evolution Studios. They could have prevented all of the issues surrounding Driveclub if they had hosted a beta. And not just a limited, private beta that most people never knew about.

ossiecastro5 said:

June 24th, 7:18 am

Congrats on making this available! I am sure many people will appreciate this. I assume work behind the scenes has been tough. Hopefully everything will go well now.

Schpoo said:

June 24th, 7:20 am

I’ll believe it when I see it.

BocaProwler said:

June 24th, 7:21 am

I bought this game (disc) a while back, and I have enjoyed playing it. If memory serves me, the + edition still has the Platinum trophy, so there is plenty of game to play and not too much missing from the standard version.

It is a gorgeous game and I am glad many more will get to enjoy it without having to dish out any extra money.

siriusbee said:

June 25th, 5:24 pm

If you haven’t, be sure to get the Season Pass. It is so worth the money.

sealum01 said:

June 24th, 7:28 am

YES!!!! I have been waiting for this! What a great after-E3 treat!

First Planetside 2 and now Driveclub. It has been a fantastic June for PS4 and PS+ players! Thank you!

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

June 24th, 7:32 am

Thank you, glad to see this is finally coming out. One question — will the DLC for the full version of Driveclub be accessible with the PS+ edition? I noticed that there are a bunch of free cars available, so I’m hoping they work with the PS+ version.

AncLEoniX said:

June 24th, 9:56 am

They do not

TwinDad said:

June 24th, 7:34 am

Thank you.

However.

“We’ve spent a long time preparing for this launch after some difficult and unexpected set-backs.”

I’ve spent an equal amount of time waiting, and I’m no longer interested in this game at all. IT is a shame, I really love racing games,and I have found my entertainment elsewhere. So while the PS+ game would have been an extended demo, and likely have gained a full purchase, it has gained nothing due to the delays. I’m sure we both wish they didn’t happen, but they did, and I wish you luck.

vesra said:

June 24th, 2:27 pm

high five. my thoughts exactly, without quite a few colorful expletives.

siriusbee said:

June 25th, 5:29 pm

Give it a shot. Where’s the harm?

MildObstruction said:

June 24th, 7:39 am

Any word on if the retail release saves can be loaded up in the PS+ version?

perrandy said:

June 24th, 7:47 am

dear shu,please improve the internet speeds of the playstation network because most of the times is slower than a turtle.yesterday i was about to download a ps4 demo of 1.9 GB and it was going to take me 5 hrs on a 50 MB connection.on my wireless pc most files that large take minutes to download
sincerely
perrandy

cubbielovr said:

June 24th, 8:46 am

That stinks perrandy. I have a 30MB connection, and I was able to download Batman: Arkham Knight in less than five hours. I have never had a problem with downloading games and movies (when the PS Store is up).

Sammyv17 said:

June 25th, 11:29 am

PSN download speeds are significantly slower than your actual connection sometimes.

saiyanknight87 said:

June 24th, 7:53 am

Thank god! now haters can finally STFU! Sony is fulfilling promises this year much respect! now to see some new features on the PS4 soon i hope!

Tjoeb123 said:

June 24th, 11:31 am

Vita owners still have reasons to be angry at Sony.

vesra said:

June 24th, 2:34 pm

not exactly. this was suppose to be the full game released at ps4 launch for ps+ members. now it’s almost 2 years later and a fluff demo of the full experience. this smacks of fail. add the vita woes and the near useless pstv that has not seen a title update since release and you have the makings of a disaster. there will be tons more of things like this in the near future as well. not a hater, but there is, was and will continue to be fuel for those that are.

MAB196811 said:

June 24th, 4:20 pm

@ Vesra your comment is totally untrue the, PS Plus version was NEVER to be the full game!. It allows the player to do everything needed to get a Platinum but was never going to offer the full range of tracks that the full retail version offers.

Haters going to hate I giess for me it as been 1 of the most enjoyable pick up and play racers in years and with many others getting to taste the game I expect a sales bump. PS the best season pass I ever bought for any game, I and many others hope they do a 2nd season pass!

J-Perez86 said:

June 24th, 8:14 am

wait wait wait….this game is not free for psplus users?

DarthSmurfX said:

June 24th, 8:19 am

Funny. I got mine yesterday. :)

And here’s my full review after one race.

I suck. But dang is it gorgeous!

AncLEoniX said:

June 24th, 9:46 am

Amen to that

punkmusic2009 said:

June 24th, 8:25 am

is this avable for ps3 as while or ps4 and is it free

TeamGreen615 said:

June 24th, 8:42 am

I was looking forward to trying this out back when I purchased my PS4. I have had PS+ for years but due to the underwhelming games on the igc my subscription has not been renewed. Looks like I’m going to miss out on this one but not a big deal. I’ll just pick up the full game somewhere down the road when it’s dirt cheap.

RhonnyK said:

June 24th, 8:43 am

QUESTION:

I had the retail version of the game (But i sold it). The races i had done in that version will be marked as done in PS+ Edition?

CrusaderForever said:

June 24th, 8:43 am

Such a great game! I already bought this and don’t regret my purchase. It’s the game that keeps on giving and evolving. They really are Evolution Studios! :)

saab01 said:

June 24th, 8:44 am

I played this game back when it first released and I wasn’t able to ever get to play a full online match. Every time it would disconnect or I wouldn’t be able to even find players. The single player is decent but I didn’t feel that it was that amazing for a PS4 exclusive racer. I think i will give this game another shot and see how it plays now since my PS4 is basically collecting dust since I have no fun games to play at the moment.

All I want to know is since i played this game on disc will the digital plus version be compatible with the disc version save file?

Thwip said:

June 24th, 8:46 am

Really smart idea to open it up on a Thursday as opposed to the Tuesday when everyone with their finger on the pulse of PlayStation Store updates would normally expect to get it.

As an aside, I bought the game at launch, was initially frustrated, but am pleased to tell anyone reading that the game has really become something beautiful and is incredibly fun to play; see you online…slowly.

mmitch079 said:

June 24th, 9:00 am

Not to mention all of the people downloading Arkham Knight.

honkayjeezus said:

June 24th, 9:22 am

I rented it, and thought it was pretty terrible. Odd gameplay and a points system that punishes you for when AI screws up.

Just my opinion.

musclednightmare said:

June 24th, 8:53 am

Thank God! So now all these cry babies will stop asking about this stupid game.

jakekoloko001 said:

June 24th, 9:41 am

Lol … just wait for next week when ps plus release the games for July …. !!

Se_7_eN said:

June 24th, 9:05 am

Shuhei I LOVE YOU!

Hunt35D4M said:

June 24th, 9:12 am

Best news from PlayStation so far!

tusunami said:

June 24th, 9:16 am

I wonder at this point do people even still care about this game. I guess we will find out.

LoBridge said:

June 24th, 9:19 am

I have enjoyed Driveclub and the DLC packs. I just wish they would include a difficulty setting – some of the races are brutal, particularly in the rain… After playing Project Cars (great game too) and having the ability to tweak the difficulty to the perfect place for me in each event I would love to see something similar here.

honkayjeezus said:

June 24th, 9:21 am

Guess Sony sold enough retail copies that they are doing this.

Sony – why didn’t you just release an offline version of this last Fall? Besides $?

MisterAxle said:

June 24th, 9:23 am

If I’ve previously had the regular (disc version) of DRIVECLUB and bought the Season Pass, will that content now work with the PS+ Edition of DRIVECLUB?

AncLEoniX said:

June 24th, 9:55 am

Not quite certain on that but I got the free dlc and it is locked on the plus edition

MisterAxle said:

June 24th, 10:14 am

@AncLEoniX: Oh, wow… really? All the cars that I’ve been adding to my library in anticipation of this announcement won’t even be usable to me? If that’s the case, it’s a *really* weak play. Seems more like a separate Demo version than a special PlayStation Plus edition… no online, no DLC access… and two years late for a hamstrung shadow of what should have been a system launch selling point?

AncLEoniX said:

June 24th, 10:34 am

It does seem like it’s more of a demo then a special edition for + members. But all in all its still pretty good. You do unlock trophy a playing the plus version of it like it was the normal edition. But it is a big disappointment from what I was expecting. Basically you have only a few cars unlocked(only 3 for me as of now, unlcoked more but have to have full edtion to use them including the dlc ones), about 8-10 tracks unlocked, and your first sort of tournament event that has maybe 10 different races in it(most of which are on the only tracks you have). Hopefully when the full version releases there will be added features.

MisterAxle said:

June 25th, 2:03 pm

@AncLEoniX: Looks like they’ve updated the PS+ Edition to work with DLC. Are you seeing the same on your PS4?

wynams said:

June 24th, 9:26 am

I only care about the principle of touting a service’s features, and continually failing to deliver.

Pre-emptive shush to anyone raising this being an entitlement issue … if less people were satisfied with crummy service the world would be a much, much better place.

I personally am not renewing my PS + sub over broken promises such as this.

vesra said:

June 24th, 2:42 pm

you are so very correct. whenever i dine out and my eatery of choice is out of what i want. i leave. everytime this has happened, the employees are so incredibly at a loss. even have had managers apporach me as i was leaving to see if there was anything they could do to get my business. my response, “you do not have what i came for so, no. you lost my business.” if more people understood that they don’t have to settle, the world would be a better place and businesses would be better as a result.

WolfyHopeless said:

June 24th, 7:01 pm

I was equally pissed and upset Driveclub was an utter flop, but I chalk that up to it’s actual developer, which was Evolution. It didn’t really kill my overall enjoyment of the Playstation. I’m not satisfied with Evolution’s performance, I’ll be hard pressed to support them, but I’m not gonna trash the whole system for someone dropping the ball.

megacarlos said:

June 24th, 9:41 am

love this game ive passed all the dlc tracks and waiting for july dcl I just wish there was more incentive for playing online how about a elimination race mod like motorstorm

DZORMAGEN said:

June 24th, 9:46 am

Just wanted to come here and say hi to Shu! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

MrDaBucket said:

June 24th, 10:06 am

This is awesome!

Glad I can finally play the game without being afraid of missing PS+ benefits.

zekececil14 said:

June 24th, 10:13 am

I wish I could start downloading now so it is unlocked tomorrow. :/

Matrix_Lion said:

June 24th, 11:23 am

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bull. For those ten seconds or less, I’m free.

LambBread said:

June 24th, 11:34 am

Thanks Shu, we love you!!
Can’t wait to try it.

Uncle_Ruckus1995 said:

June 24th, 11:38 am

this game wasnt very good

pudgenet said:

June 24th, 11:43 am

Not to be a jerk, but now that I have Project CARS, and it supports my Fanatec GT3RSV2 wheel and Driveclub does not …

Meh.

D-Squad3 said:

June 24th, 12:15 pm

Sweet, I finally get to try this game!

Welmosca said:

June 24th, 1:18 pm

Nice to see the Plus Edition finally being released.
I bought the game back in february and boy I do not regret it…its the 3rd best racing game I’ve ever seen.The handling is quite different from other racing games and it takes some time to get used to it depending on skill….but after you learn the handling you definitely start to enjoy the game.I never thought I would like it so much…got all the stars in the Tour and bought the season and lemme say this,its probably the best season pass out there.Also you can’t go wrong with those insane graphics,I spend a lot of time on photo mode,amazing soundtrack and the UI is perfect I just love it.
I love almost everything about Driveclub,minus the stupid penalties for cornering and crashes,sometimes you get punished when the AI crashes on you which is ridiculous.Anyway kudos to Evolution wanna say congratulations for the fantastic job with Driveclub and the great support they’ve been showing for the game.

I know Sony did a big mistake with Driveclub’s launch both the full game and the Plus Edition and yes its a huge shame but I definitely recommend you guys to download and try it out….if you like racing games you oughta love Driveclub.

Thwip said:

June 24th, 2:10 pm

Couldn’t agree more about the Season’s Pass; easily the best deal for one I have seen.

bombbreath said:

June 25th, 11:22 am

Thank you for all the positive feed back, You are truly a great PlayStation family member. Your love for the only stand alone entertainment system on the planet is clear.:-) Thank you from your customer ambassador to the PSN Gregory S. Napier PSN I’d: bombbreath

wesj36 said:

June 24th, 1:21 pm

And why couldn’t they have given us the offline portion in the beginning?

wesj36 said:

June 24th, 1:22 pm

You know…back in October

ZeeK730 said:

June 24th, 1:56 pm

how can a game that doesn’t work 100% be a great game? playstation plus is a bs service that offers some indie kiddy games. PS Plus goes down once a month for at least 6 hours or maybe a few days because you guys don’t know what the hell is actually going on. Every E3 you guys show us games that don’t come out until 2-3 years later and all you do is talk.

WolfyHopeless said:

June 24th, 7:03 pm

I love all your incorrect and childish arguments. Man, you really have mastered this whole “objective opinion” thing.

july161986 said:

June 24th, 2:13 pm

can someone please clear something up with me. so this ps plus version of driveclub for offline is the full game?

cusman said:

June 25th, 5:45 am

It is all gameplay modes, but not all cars / tracks. It is what they originally intended for the PS4 launch, only 1.5 years later.

KoldStrejke said:

June 24th, 2:32 pm

I have to agree, the game “is trash”. The AI is Bad, AI Rubber banding is rampant. I’d play it if the AI was any good, but its not. Even though it is what I wanted NFS to be. the style of NFS it don’t have.

True_Gamer-27 said:

June 24th, 3:14 pm

The PS + Edition of Sriveclub is NOT FREE, so its not for Everyone that has a PS Plus subscription.

PAGE 1 2 3