Horizon Zero Dawn

Jun 24

driveclublead

DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition Out June 25th

Shuhei Yoshida's Avatar Posted by on Jun 24, 2015 // President, SCE Worldwide Studios

Hi everyone. After a lot of hard work from the team at Evolution Studios, I’m pleased to announce that we are making the Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition available to all PlayStation Plus members starting on Thursday, June 25th.

We’ve spent a long time preparing for this launch after some difficult and unexpected set-backs. To make absolutely certain that all players have the smoothest and most stable experience possible we are going to be duly cautious about how we release the game this time around.

Driveclub on PS4

Starting on Thursday, all PlayStation Plus members can download Driveclub PS Plus Edition and begin playing the offline mode. Also starting Thursday, we will be rolling out online access to the Driveclub PS Plus Edition and will steadily bring more and more players online while continuously ensuring that all game systems are running smoothly. We know that this might be frustrating after your extra wait already, but hope you can understand that we are taking extra precautions to protect your experience when you do get online. We want to make sure we don’t overload the servers as we invite millions of PS Plus members to download the game tomorrow.

We have to take this precaution because Driveclub connectivity is demanding for a multiplayer game, with countless ever-growing social connections across clubs, challenges, multiplayer, and hundreds of thousands of dynamic leaderboards and activity feeds.

Driveclub on PS4Driveclub on PS4

Everybody will have full access to the offline mode of the Driveclub PS Plus Edition while this is happening and we will keep you fully up to speed via driveclub.com with updates on access as we bring everybody online.

Thank you to everyone who has stood by Driveclub during the past year and for everyone who has accepted the extra wait for the PS Plus Edition and the companion app which will come after. The team at Evolution Studios is working incredibly hard to make Driveclub great for you, to get everyone to have fun racing in clubs and continue the evolution of the game with spectacular updates every month. I can’t wait to see all of you enjoying the game online together.

165 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ soundandvision77 on June 24th, 2015 at 7:04 am said:

Wow, thank you. It will be nice to check out this game. It’s been a long wait, but I’ve had plenty of other stuff to play. Cheers!

+ MisterAxle on June 24th, 2015 at 8:20 am said:

Yeah, that’s been my attitude about it, too. As much of a flop as the first launch attempt was, there really has been an abundance of other content available in the mean time. Looking forward to giving it a go. Grabbing all of the free DLC now. =)

+ AncLEoniX on June 24th, 2015 at 9:43 am said:

I just wanna clarify a little. I currently have the PS+ edition of Driveclub. It’s pretty fun been playing since yesterday when it was “accidentally” released. Everyone should defiantly check it out. It’s an amazing game at this point. Yet want to clarify that ISO t see anyway to use the free DLC without buying the full edition. Also it’s very limited to what you can do. There is virtually no MP function in this version that I can find. But defiantly check it out cause it’s pretty sweet so far. Glad to see a final release put on it.

+ yowzagabowza on June 24th, 2015 at 11:16 am said:

Absolutely PATHETIC job with this plus edition. Every single person involved should be ashamed. Never ever will this game see a single cent from me. And Rusty is a damn liar, and as long as he’s around, Evolution will see none of my money.

Shu, i hope you’re reading the comments. I hope youve BEEN reading them since October. This is NOT acceptable. It made PlayStation a laughing stock. A day one ps4 release game is coming now!?!? WTF! Its this kind of ineptitude that will prevent me from buying games at launch. Its everyone’s fault.

+ EGGS_ONE on June 24th, 2015 at 12:03 pm said:

I bought the full game at a reduced price of course. I have to say its really good. Worth a purchase!

+ HeavyToka on June 24th, 2015 at 3:09 pm said:

Don’t pay attention to @yowzagabowza’s comment, he complains about everything; so even if this came out when it was supposed to he would still be in here complaining.

+ PanTheMan16 on June 25th, 2015 at 6:55 am said:

“A day one ps4 release game is coming now!?!?”

Uh, no. The game came out in October 2014.

+ bombbreath on June 25th, 2015 at 11:09 am said:

Its Race day drivers start your engines:-) Enough said. Haters will be haters’ Let’s all enjoy and have some fun summer is a raceing activity. :-) It is now:-)

+ paulogy on June 24th, 2015 at 7:06 am said:

Hi Shu! Wow, what a month!

The Last Guardian re-reveal, Final Fantasy VII Remake announce, Shenmue III announce, AND DriveClub PS+ Edition release!? June 2015 is one of the best months ever! I kinda can’t believe it :-D

+ GunnerFCm on June 24th, 2015 at 7:07 am said:

Congratulations! It would have been easy to give up with the set-backs, but I’m glad you didn’t, and am looking forward to checking this out soon!

+ siriusbee on June 25th, 2015 at 5:21 pm said:

I agree. Been a player since day one, but I’m glad that you’ve stuck with the game thus far. Really hope that once these issues are sorted out, you will continue with the Driveclub franchise/game to take it even further, because despite the troubles, it’s an awesome game.

+ Ghostwize on June 24th, 2015 at 7:09 am said:

I look forward to the delay…

+ Compeau on June 24th, 2015 at 7:09 am said:

I’m genuinely surprised that after this was delayed for so long, and with all the issues with the game post-release, that Sony didn’t just scrap the PS+ edition and give us the full version over PS+ as an apology.

+ Squirtbot on June 24th, 2015 at 12:00 pm said:

I thought the same thing. Figured Sony was going to seal the deal at E3 and just announce DriveClub free for Plus members.

+ Astroking112 on June 25th, 2015 at 6:55 am said:

I was genuinely expecting that.

And now we find out that we’re not even getting the PS+ demo yet, since the online is going to be disabled until enough people get off. Why wasn’t this possible back in October, when everyone was asking for the offline component while they waited for online?

+ War_Machida on June 24th, 2015 at 7:12 am said:

I was actually planning on selling my ps4 a couple minutes ago, since I don’t have money to buy new games, but this news made me forget about it. Now I’ll have something to play! Thank you, guys. Really.

+ Amnalehu on June 24th, 2015 at 7:16 am said:

Play Warframe also. It’s really a great game!

+ blackiemist88 on June 24th, 2015 at 8:00 am said:

If u have ps+ u get free games… And if u do t u can’t play this anyways

+ drd7of14 on June 24th, 2015 at 8:08 am said:

And try out Planetside 2, that just came out today for PS4, and it’s pretty fun. Free to play!

+ D34DL1N3R on June 24th, 2015 at 3:51 pm said:

Subscribe to PS+ and for roughly $3-$4 a month you can have some new games to play on a regular basis.

+ bombbreath on June 25th, 2015 at 11:14 am said:

Check out the fee to play section on the PS store. Lots of free games, And being a plus member you get lots of great content’. Don’t ever sell your PS4. It’s entertainment complete.:-)

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on June 24th, 2015 at 7:12 am said:

Thank you guys! really looking forward to my friends getting this since I already own the game. The game is great! i wish none of this happened. But I am always wondering why exactly all this happened. is it because this is your first huge online connected game? and did you guys have to create your own servers or something?

+ maxcoronel2014 on June 24th, 2015 at 7:14 am said:

It was a tough start, awkward at times but well, its finally happening. Ill give it a try and plan to judge tha game not because of its delays but for how it plays right now. Thank you for not giving up on this.

+ Amnalehu on June 24th, 2015 at 7:18 am said:

I’ve been playing Driveclub since it launched and it is a really great game. I’m glad to see that all of the PS+ members are going to get a chance to experience this gem of a game!

+ jonnyzombieboy on June 24th, 2015 at 12:41 pm said:

I honestly agree. I understand everyone’s frustration with the delays, online debacles and so on, but I bought DriveClub the day it came out and I’ve been playing it ever since. Much like the Silent Hill HD Collection on ps3, it had its bugs at the beginning but if you’re patient and give them time to fix them, it’s worth the wait. If anyone wants to join my club, look up my profile or my club (BurnClub) when you get online! Let’s kill it!

+ PanTheMan16 on June 24th, 2015 at 7:18 am said:

I won’t be surprised if there are issues with the PS+ edition. Evidently, the word “beta” is completely foreign to Evolution Studios. They could have prevented all of the issues surrounding Driveclub if they had hosted a beta. And not just a limited, private beta that most people never knew about.

+ ossiecastro5 on June 24th, 2015 at 7:18 am said:

Congrats on making this available! I am sure many people will appreciate this. I assume work behind the scenes has been tough. Hopefully everything will go well now.

+ Schpoo on June 24th, 2015 at 7:20 am said:

I’ll believe it when I see it.

+ inFAMOUS-787 on June 24th, 2015 at 5:21 pm said:

ikr lol

+ BocaProwler on June 24th, 2015 at 7:21 am said:

I bought this game (disc) a while back, and I have enjoyed playing it. If memory serves me, the + edition still has the Platinum trophy, so there is plenty of game to play and not too much missing from the standard version.

It is a gorgeous game and I am glad many more will get to enjoy it without having to dish out any extra money.

+ siriusbee on June 25th, 2015 at 5:24 pm said:

If you haven’t, be sure to get the Season Pass. It is so worth the money.

+ sealum01 on June 24th, 2015 at 7:28 am said:

YES!!!! I have been waiting for this! What a great after-E3 treat!

First Planetside 2 and now Driveclub. It has been a fantastic June for PS4 and PS+ players! Thank you!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on June 24th, 2015 at 7:32 am said:

Thank you, glad to see this is finally coming out. One question — will the DLC for the full version of Driveclub be accessible with the PS+ edition? I noticed that there are a bunch of free cars available, so I’m hoping they work with the PS+ version.

+ AncLEoniX on June 24th, 2015 at 9:56 am said:

They do not

+ TwinDad on June 24th, 2015 at 7:34 am said:

Thank you.

However.

“We’ve spent a long time preparing for this launch after some difficult and unexpected set-backs.”

I’ve spent an equal amount of time waiting, and I’m no longer interested in this game at all. IT is a shame, I really love racing games,and I have found my entertainment elsewhere. So while the PS+ game would have been an extended demo, and likely have gained a full purchase, it has gained nothing due to the delays. I’m sure we both wish they didn’t happen, but they did, and I wish you luck.

+ vesra on June 24th, 2015 at 2:27 pm said:

high five. my thoughts exactly, without quite a few colorful expletives.

+ siriusbee on June 25th, 2015 at 5:29 pm said:

Give it a shot. Where’s the harm?

+ MildObstruction on June 24th, 2015 at 7:39 am said:

Any word on if the retail release saves can be loaded up in the PS+ version?

+ perrandy on June 24th, 2015 at 7:47 am said:

dear shu,please improve the internet speeds of the playstation network because most of the times is slower than a turtle.yesterday i was about to download a ps4 demo of 1.9 GB and it was going to take me 5 hrs on a 50 MB connection.on my wireless pc most files that large take minutes to download
sincerely
perrandy

+ cubbielovr on June 24th, 2015 at 8:46 am said:

That stinks perrandy. I have a 30MB connection, and I was able to download Batman: Arkham Knight in less than five hours. I have never had a problem with downloading games and movies (when the PS Store is up).

+ Sammyv17 on June 25th, 2015 at 11:29 am said:

PSN download speeds are significantly slower than your actual connection sometimes.

+ saiyanknight87 on June 24th, 2015 at 7:53 am said:

Thank god! now haters can finally STFU! Sony is fulfilling promises this year much respect! now to see some new features on the PS4 soon i hope!

+ Tjoeb123 on June 24th, 2015 at 11:31 am said:

Vita owners still have reasons to be angry at Sony.

+ vesra on June 24th, 2015 at 2:34 pm said:

not exactly. this was suppose to be the full game released at ps4 launch for ps+ members. now it’s almost 2 years later and a fluff demo of the full experience. this smacks of fail. add the vita woes and the near useless pstv that has not seen a title update since release and you have the makings of a disaster. there will be tons more of things like this in the near future as well. not a hater, but there is, was and will continue to be fuel for those that are.

+ MAB196811 on June 24th, 2015 at 4:20 pm said:

@ Vesra your comment is totally untrue the, PS Plus version was NEVER to be the full game!. It allows the player to do everything needed to get a Platinum but was never going to offer the full range of tracks that the full retail version offers.

Haters going to hate I giess for me it as been 1 of the most enjoyable pick up and play racers in years and with many others getting to taste the game I expect a sales bump. PS the best season pass I ever bought for any game, I and many others hope they do a 2nd season pass!

+ J-Perez86 on June 24th, 2015 at 8:14 am said:

wait wait wait….this game is not free for psplus users?

+ DarthSmurfX on June 24th, 2015 at 8:19 am said:

Funny. I got mine yesterday. :)

And here’s my full review after one race.

I suck. But dang is it gorgeous!

+ AncLEoniX on June 24th, 2015 at 9:46 am said:

Amen to that

+ punkmusic2009 on June 24th, 2015 at 8:25 am said:

is this avable for ps3 as while or ps4 and is it free

+ TeamGreen615 on June 24th, 2015 at 8:42 am said:

I was looking forward to trying this out back when I purchased my PS4. I have had PS+ for years but due to the underwhelming games on the igc my subscription has not been renewed. Looks like I’m going to miss out on this one but not a big deal. I’ll just pick up the full game somewhere down the road when it’s dirt cheap.

+ RhonnyK on June 24th, 2015 at 8:43 am said:

QUESTION:

I had the retail version of the game (But i sold it). The races i had done in that version will be marked as done in PS+ Edition?

+ CrusaderForever on June 24th, 2015 at 8:43 am said:

Such a great game! I already bought this and don’t regret my purchase. It’s the game that keeps on giving and evolving. They really are Evolution Studios! :)

+ saab01 on June 24th, 2015 at 8:44 am said:

I played this game back when it first released and I wasn’t able to ever get to play a full online match. Every time it would disconnect or I wouldn’t be able to even find players. The single player is decent but I didn’t feel that it was that amazing for a PS4 exclusive racer. I think i will give this game another shot and see how it plays now since my PS4 is basically collecting dust since I have no fun games to play at the moment.

All I want to know is since i played this game on disc will the digital plus version be compatible with the disc version save file?

+ Thwip on June 24th, 2015 at 8:46 am said:

Really smart idea to open it up on a Thursday as opposed to the Tuesday when everyone with their finger on the pulse of PlayStation Store updates would normally expect to get it.

As an aside, I bought the game at launch, was initially frustrated, but am pleased to tell anyone reading that the game has really become something beautiful and is incredibly fun to play; see you online…slowly.

+ mmitch079 on June 24th, 2015 at 9:00 am said:

Not to mention all of the people downloading Arkham Knight.

+ honkayjeezus on June 24th, 2015 at 9:22 am said:

I rented it, and thought it was pretty terrible. Odd gameplay and a points system that punishes you for when AI screws up.

Just my opinion.

+ musclednightmare on June 24th, 2015 at 8:53 am said:

Thank God! So now all these cry babies will stop asking about this stupid game.

+ jakekoloko001 on June 24th, 2015 at 9:41 am said:

Lol … just wait for next week when ps plus release the games for July …. !!

+ Se_7_eN on June 24th, 2015 at 9:05 am said:

Shuhei I LOVE YOU!

+ Hunt35D4M on June 24th, 2015 at 9:12 am said:

Best news from PlayStation so far!

+ tusunami on June 24th, 2015 at 9:16 am said:

I wonder at this point do people even still care about this game. I guess we will find out.

+ LoBridge on June 24th, 2015 at 9:19 am said:

I have enjoyed Driveclub and the DLC packs. I just wish they would include a difficulty setting – some of the races are brutal, particularly in the rain… After playing Project Cars (great game too) and having the ability to tweak the difficulty to the perfect place for me in each event I would love to see something similar here.

+ honkayjeezus on June 24th, 2015 at 9:21 am said:

Guess Sony sold enough retail copies that they are doing this.

Sony – why didn’t you just release an offline version of this last Fall? Besides $?

+ MisterAxle on June 24th, 2015 at 9:23 am said:

If I’ve previously had the regular (disc version) of DRIVECLUB and bought the Season Pass, will that content now work with the PS+ Edition of DRIVECLUB?

+ AncLEoniX on June 24th, 2015 at 9:55 am said:

Not quite certain on that but I got the free dlc and it is locked on the plus edition

+ MisterAxle on June 24th, 2015 at 10:14 am said:

@AncLEoniX: Oh, wow… really? All the cars that I’ve been adding to my library in anticipation of this announcement won’t even be usable to me? If that’s the case, it’s a *really* weak play. Seems more like a separate Demo version than a special PlayStation Plus edition… no online, no DLC access… and two years late for a hamstrung shadow of what should have been a system launch selling point?

+ AncLEoniX on June 24th, 2015 at 10:34 am said:

It does seem like it’s more of a demo then a special edition for + members. But all in all its still pretty good. You do unlock trophy a playing the plus version of it like it was the normal edition. But it is a big disappointment from what I was expecting. Basically you have only a few cars unlocked(only 3 for me as of now, unlcoked more but have to have full edtion to use them including the dlc ones), about 8-10 tracks unlocked, and your first sort of tournament event that has maybe 10 different races in it(most of which are on the only tracks you have). Hopefully when the full version releases there will be added features.

+ MisterAxle on June 25th, 2015 at 2:03 pm said:

@AncLEoniX: Looks like they’ve updated the PS+ Edition to work with DLC. Are you seeing the same on your PS4?

+ wynams on June 24th, 2015 at 9:26 am said:

I only care about the principle of touting a service’s features, and continually failing to deliver.

Pre-emptive shush to anyone raising this being an entitlement issue … if less people were satisfied with crummy service the world would be a much, much better place.

I personally am not renewing my PS + sub over broken promises such as this.

+ vesra on June 24th, 2015 at 2:42 pm said:

you are so very correct. whenever i dine out and my eatery of choice is out of what i want. i leave. everytime this has happened, the employees are so incredibly at a loss. even have had managers apporach me as i was leaving to see if there was anything they could do to get my business. my response, “you do not have what i came for so, no. you lost my business.” if more people understood that they don’t have to settle, the world would be a better place and businesses would be better as a result.

+ WolfyHopeless on June 24th, 2015 at 7:01 pm said:

I was equally pissed and upset Driveclub was an utter flop, but I chalk that up to it’s actual developer, which was Evolution. It didn’t really kill my overall enjoyment of the Playstation. I’m not satisfied with Evolution’s performance, I’ll be hard pressed to support them, but I’m not gonna trash the whole system for someone dropping the ball.

+ megacarlos on June 24th, 2015 at 9:41 am said:

love this game ive passed all the dlc tracks and waiting for july dcl I just wish there was more incentive for playing online how about a elimination race mod like motorstorm

+ DZORMAGEN on June 24th, 2015 at 9:46 am said:

Just wanted to come here and say hi to Shu! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

+ MrDaBucket on June 24th, 2015 at 10:06 am said:

This is awesome!

Glad I can finally play the game without being afraid of missing PS+ benefits.

+ zekececil14 on June 24th, 2015 at 10:13 am said:

I wish I could start downloading now so it is unlocked tomorrow. :/

+ Matrix_Lion on June 24th, 2015 at 11:23 am said:

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bull. For those ten seconds or less, I’m free.

+ LambBread on June 24th, 2015 at 11:34 am said:

Thanks Shu, we love you!!
Can’t wait to try it.

+ Uncle_Ruckus1995 on June 24th, 2015 at 11:38 am said:

this game wasnt very good

+ pudgenet on June 24th, 2015 at 11:43 am said:

Not to be a jerk, but now that I have Project CARS, and it supports my Fanatec GT3RSV2 wheel and Driveclub does not …

Meh.

+ D-Squad3 on June 24th, 2015 at 12:15 pm said:

Sweet, I finally get to try this game!

+ Welmosca on June 24th, 2015 at 1:18 pm said:

Nice to see the Plus Edition finally being released.
I bought the game back in february and boy I do not regret it…its the 3rd best racing game I’ve ever seen.The handling is quite different from other racing games and it takes some time to get used to it depending on skill….but after you learn the handling you definitely start to enjoy the game.I never thought I would like it so much…got all the stars in the Tour and bought the season and lemme say this,its probably the best season pass out there.Also you can’t go wrong with those insane graphics,I spend a lot of time on photo mode,amazing soundtrack and the UI is perfect I just love it.
I love almost everything about Driveclub,minus the stupid penalties for cornering and crashes,sometimes you get punished when the AI crashes on you which is ridiculous.Anyway kudos to Evolution wanna say congratulations for the fantastic job with Driveclub and the great support they’ve been showing for the game.

I know Sony did a big mistake with Driveclub’s launch both the full game and the Plus Edition and yes its a huge shame but I definitely recommend you guys to download and try it out….if you like racing games you oughta love Driveclub.

+ Thwip on June 24th, 2015 at 2:10 pm said:

Couldn’t agree more about the Season’s Pass; easily the best deal for one I have seen.

+ bombbreath on June 25th, 2015 at 11:22 am said:

Thank you for all the positive feed back, You are truly a great PlayStation family member. Your love for the only stand alone entertainment system on the planet is clear.:-) Thank you from your customer ambassador to the PSN Gregory S. Napier PSN I’d: bombbreath

+ wesj36 on June 24th, 2015 at 1:21 pm said:

And why couldn’t they have given us the offline portion in the beginning?

+ wesj36 on June 24th, 2015 at 1:22 pm said:

You know…back in October

+ ZeeK730 on June 24th, 2015 at 1:56 pm said:

how can a game that doesn’t work 100% be a great game? playstation plus is a bs service that offers some indie kiddy games. PS Plus goes down once a month for at least 6 hours or maybe a few days because you guys don’t know what the hell is actually going on. Every E3 you guys show us games that don’t come out until 2-3 years later and all you do is talk.

+ WolfyHopeless on June 24th, 2015 at 7:03 pm said:

I love all your incorrect and childish arguments. Man, you really have mastered this whole “objective opinion” thing.

+ july161986 on June 24th, 2015 at 2:13 pm said:

can someone please clear something up with me. so this ps plus version of driveclub for offline is the full game?

+ cusman on June 25th, 2015 at 5:45 am said:

It is all gameplay modes, but not all cars / tracks. It is what they originally intended for the PS4 launch, only 1.5 years later.

+ KoldStrejke on June 24th, 2015 at 2:32 pm said:

I have to agree, the game “is trash”. The AI is Bad, AI Rubber banding is rampant. I’d play it if the AI was any good, but its not. Even though it is what I wanted NFS to be. the style of NFS it don’t have.

+ True_Gamer-27 on June 24th, 2015 at 3:14 pm said:

The PS + Edition of Sriveclub is NOT FREE, so its not for Everyone that has a PS Plus subscription.

PAGE 1 2 3