Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Jul 14

play2015

PlayStation Store PLAY 2015 Starts Tuesday

Chieh Chen's Avatar Posted by on Jul 14, 2015 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

PlayStation Play 2015

Hi everyone! Sweet summertime is in full swing, and that means it is time for one of our favorite promotions of the year, PlayStation Store PLAY. Kicking off today, our annual summer program features a diverse lineup of new games and special offers.

This year’s PLAY lineup will feature four titles on PS4, including Journey, N++, GALAK-Z, and Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture – all available for pre-order starting today. Even better, PlayStation Plus members will receive a 20-percent discount when pre-ordering PLAY 2015 games.

Full PLAY 2015 Schedule

(PS4)
$15.99 $19.99
8/11 Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture
(PS4)
$15.99 $19.99

*Cross-Buy title

But that’s not all: Pick up two or more PLAY titles through August 18 and receive a PS Store coupon* for 10 percent off an entire cart purchase, via our Game More, Save More offer.

And now, without further ado, let’s dig into the PLAY 2015 lineup:

Journey

Journey

JourneyJourney

Journey for PS4 creates another opportunity for gamers everywhere to play the award-winning title, now in stunning 1080p. Awakening in an unknown world, the player walks, glides, and flies through a vast and awe-inspiring landscape — traveling alone or teaming up with other strangers they meet along the way — while discovering the history of an ancient, mysterious civilization.

N++

N++

N++N++

N++ is a fast-paced, action-packed puzzle-platformer set in the distant future. You play as a ninja — darting through obstacles, narrowly evading a slew of inadvertently homicidal enemy robots, and collecting gold in a minimalist, sci-fi world. You know, traditional ninja stuff. N++ has thousands of hand-crafted levels, each featuring a series of difficult challenges, diabolical traps, and a distinct visual style to nimbly soar through. And if that weren’t enough, there’s also a built-in level editor (plus global level sharing and leaderboards)!

GALAK-Z

GALAK-Z

GALAK-ZGALAK-Z

Classic anime, ’90s spaceship shooters, and precision arcade gameplay collide in GALAK-Z. Shockingly smart enemies work together and track your every move as you hone your skills to pilot your ship in zero gravity. A living and interactive environment serves as the stage for your physics-based death ballet in this hand-drawn homage to anime dreams.

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Everybody's Gone to the RaptureEverybody's Gone to the Rapture

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture transports the player back to the moments leading up to the apocalypse to explore the choices people make when they’re faced with world-shattering events beyond their control. The Chinese Room, the innovative studio behind the award-winning Dear Esther, continues to push the genre of experimental storytelling with this PS4 exclusive.

* Coupon code will be delivered via email, XMB message (PS3), and system message (PS4/PS Vita) on 9/1/15. Redemption period ends 9/30/15, 11:59PM PT.

103 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ DJ_Tomato on July 14th, 2015 at 7:02 am said:

>Nothing for Vita

HAHAHAHAHHA

Thanks Sony

but “nothing for me this week/month”

+ yowzagabowza on July 14th, 2015 at 9:36 am said:

Terrible line up with retarded pricing. Journey is a port, and that is just sad. N++ should cost five bucks since i could probably play it on my phone. Rapture is a walking sim, and the video from a week ago put me to sleep. I dont care enough about galakz to criticize it.
    So, no money from me.

+ AizawaYuuichi on July 15th, 2015 at 1:31 am said:

Nah, yowza, they still got “money” from you. Unless your time is worth nothing, and only good for complaining…

+ DJ_Tomato on July 14th, 2015 at 7:03 am said:

Chieh Chen, please call us when you have Vita stuff on the oven.

+ Xer0Signal on July 14th, 2015 at 7:04 am said:

Pretty incredible lineup. I’ll take each of them, thanks.

+ DJ_Tomato on July 14th, 2015 at 7:05 am said:

Chieh Chen How about bringing Deemo: ~The Last Recital~ into North American Stores? Devs who care about the PS Vita like Rayark are really excited to bring it here, but SCEA gives so much trouble.

+ Xer0Signal on July 14th, 2015 at 7:09 am said:

I love my Vita more than many things in this world, but, us Vita fans need to be realistic. It’s 2015, time to let go.

+ gerneric123 on July 14th, 2015 at 7:11 am said:

@Xer0Signal – What a nonsensical reply. Deemo is already on Vita. It’s already in English. In which universe is it unrealistic to ask for a North American release of that?

+ rotothirteen on July 14th, 2015 at 7:14 am said:

The dozen weabs who still think the Vita has any chance of being a viable platform need to move on, because that dream died for the rest of us years ago.

+ SeanStrange on July 14th, 2015 at 9:14 am said:

@rotothirteen Preach it bro, all these weebs think the Vita is still a thing when it bit the dust ages ago. The only thing that comes onto that handheld is cannon fodder, run of the mil JRPGs that keep getting spewed out from the same exact companies.

+ Hakumen__ on July 14th, 2015 at 10:13 am said:

@rotothirteen & SeanStrange: Speak for yourselves, I’ve got a PS4, PS4 and PS Vita, and the later is the one I’ve msot games for (mainly physical) and the one use the most for gaming.

There’s many games coming to PS Vita in the upcoming weeks and months and it’s an embarrasment that none could be included in this sale. I’m definitely skipping on this “sale”.

+ Vyprstryke on July 14th, 2015 at 7:07 am said:

Put me down for each one =)

+ Winscar_Shinobi on July 14th, 2015 at 7:08 am said:

The real question is, since journey is cross buy, since i have it on ps3, does grabbing it on ps4 for free count as a game purchased for the promo?

+ smoothboarder540 on July 14th, 2015 at 7:21 am said:

It definitely should count since we did pay for the game.

+ BlankShell on July 14th, 2015 at 10:09 am said:

This is what I’d like to know too. It’d be nice, but I could see them not doing it. But I’m certainly interested in Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture regardless, especially at that price…

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on July 14th, 2015 at 11:25 am said:

Based on how the PS Store works, I doubt it. If you’ve already purchased the game for PS3, pre-ordering will be impossible. Once the game drops, purchasing it will be impossible since you already bought it for PS3 and it’s cross-buy.

If history is any judge, there will simply be a “download” option which will not count as a purchase.

…but we’ll see.

+ Peerinward on July 14th, 2015 at 3:00 pm said:

There’s an obvious difference between downloading a cross-buy version of a PS3 game released years ago, and actually purchasing it during the promotion. I would assume that this promotion is only applicable to this year — not any other year, when this particular promo didn’t even exist.

+ gerneric123 on July 14th, 2015 at 7:10 am said:

Journey to a Galak-Z where Sony has sent all the Vita games to the Rapture … N++

+ elchorno on July 14th, 2015 at 11:10 am said:

Genius, pure genius!

+ drd7of14 on July 14th, 2015 at 11:45 am said:

Hah…I love it! I could see N++ doing well in sales to get that VITA port, as

@Mare Sheppard shared with us on his reply to @Agerneric123 on http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/14/n-launches-on-ps4-july-28th/

“The good news is, if it sells well enough on PS4, we hope to be able to port N++ to Vita — we love the Vita and think it would be awesome to play N++ on it!”

I think Journey and GALAK-Z would also be two awesome additions to the VITA library. Journey is quite a beautiful experience, one which I will enter again on the PS4, and GALAK-Z definitely fondled my curiosity. I’ll keep it on my radar. Here’s to hoping our sales of N++ help it jump onto the VITA!

+ Amnalehu on July 14th, 2015 at 7:17 am said:

This is the best PLAY line-up so far! I will be getting all 4 titles!

+ smoothboarder540 on July 14th, 2015 at 7:18 am said:

The pricing is a but ridiculous. You try and act like we are getting such a great deal by receiving 20 percent off, yet we are still paying more than we would have not too long ago. If the standard price for a full game isn’t increasing, neither should the price of these smaller downloadable games.

+ gerneric123 on July 14th, 2015 at 7:19 am said:

With DLC the price of the average boxed game has increased.

+ smoothboarder540 on July 14th, 2015 at 7:26 am said:

That depends. You’re right about a game like Destiny. However I always try to avoid games like that. However, just because a game has DLC, it doesn’t mean that the devs are reducing the content that comes on the standard version of the game.

+ PrimeroIncognito on July 14th, 2015 at 7:13 pm said:

A: Inflation.

B: What?

A: Development costs.

B: Oh… Retail games?

A: The ceiling was set high on purpose to allow for the inevitable ebbs and flows in the economy. Financial preventative maintenance.

B: Bu.. bu.. I don’t get it.

A: Of course you don’t. That’s why you talk so much.

+ FifthDream on July 14th, 2015 at 7:21 am said:

I’ve already been planning to get two of these, and i’m considering the others. Great lineup.

+ Curse7781 on July 14th, 2015 at 7:21 am said:

Does the 10% coupon apply to preorders? Or just games currently released In cart?

+ GunnerFCm on July 15th, 2015 at 5:20 am said:

In the past when they’ve done similar promotions, pre-orders were excluded…

+ Patsrule0316 on July 14th, 2015 at 7:22 am said:

Wow! I am buying 3 of the 4. Galak-Z has been super high on my most anticipated list for a long time. Everybody Has Gone to the Rapture looks really interesting, and I have heard way too many good things about Journey that I just have to experience it for myself. All 3 combined for under $45, plus a 10% coupon (Don’t know if I will get to use it or not, but you never know.)

This is the best summer games promotion lineup for any console in years!

+ dkarlowicz10 on July 14th, 2015 at 7:29 am said:

Isn’t Galak-z also coming to Vita?

+ Patsrule0316 on July 14th, 2015 at 7:32 am said:

@ dkarlowicz10, 17-Bit announced yesterday that they were canceling the Vita version. Paraphrasing, they said the physics and animation were too much for the Vita to handle the way they wanted.

+ dkarlowicz10 on July 14th, 2015 at 5:34 pm said:

“the physics and animation were too much for the Vita to handle”. That is the worst excuse. Come on, Vita can totally handle this game.

+ Dezmixbe on July 20th, 2015 at 5:38 am said:

Dude, have you seen this game? This is not just Asteroids clone. Take a look at the crazy dynamic **** they try to do in this thing:

We’re talking about dozens of ships, and hundreds of projectiles at any one time, all with dynamic lighting, modeled on real physics. Trying to get to run while maintaining the framerate necessary for high speed combat would have been a nightmare.

I love the Vita as much as anyone, but I am not at all surprised they decided not to release a half-assed product on that thing. At least it looks like they gave it a honest shot. Too many developers don’t seem to understand or don’t care and just stop supporting once they port something over, and it turns into a trainwreck with hitchy framerate and horrible load times.

+ sealum01 on July 14th, 2015 at 7:30 am said:

Holy @#$! Excuse my expletives, but those prices are too good to be true, especially with the PSPlus discount! I will definitely be picking up Journey Day 1, as well as Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture — two games that I’m pining for. Galak-Z Looks amazing as well, but it will have to wait!

I’m overwhelmed by amazing games to play!

+ paulogy on July 14th, 2015 at 7:30 am said:

Great deals on what appear to be four excellent titles. Really looking forward to Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, in particular :-).

For those wanting to take advantage of the 10% off code, note that the rules indicate the code “must be redeemed at checkout and discounted transaction completed by September 30, 2015 at 11:59pm PT”. I kinda recall a shorter window last time, so this is pretty cool.

+ ProdijusX on July 14th, 2015 at 7:32 am said:

finlay GalakZ!! was wondering if it was ever going to come out. This is good news

+ fudgenasty21 on July 14th, 2015 at 7:45 am said:

#BetterPSN

+ Rapturesassassin on July 14th, 2015 at 7:52 am said:

#BetterInternetConnection

+ PrimeroIncognito on July 14th, 2015 at 7:16 pm said:

#BetterInfrastructure

+ cusman on July 14th, 2015 at 7:47 am said:

Does it count as part of buy 2 if I already have Journey because I had bought it on PS3 long time ago?

Hmm, what would I use that 10% coupon on? I know Gauntlet is on my list to pre-order, but what else can I pile in there?

+ DJ_Tomato on July 14th, 2015 at 7:48 am said:

#BetterPSN

+ Rapturesassassin on July 14th, 2015 at 7:53 am said:

#BetterInternetConnection

+ Ricen-Beans on July 14th, 2015 at 7:50 am said:

I’ll be buying at least two of these titles.
So I get my 10% discount code Sept 1st but I have to use it by Sept 30th??

Am I reading that right??

+ Rapturesassassin on July 14th, 2015 at 7:51 am said:

I want 3 out of 4 listed and i was ready to pay full price but now i dont thanks sony :)
#BetterInternetconnection to all the #BetterPSN people :)

+ startazz on July 14th, 2015 at 11:22 am said:

Do a little more research before you try to come off like you know what your talking about as far as the hash tag PSN goes,it has nothing to do with internet connection,smh.

+ ZichiroARG on July 14th, 2015 at 3:35 pm said:

Tell me, are you stupid? What the hell does Internet connection have to do with the hastag betterpsn? Have you even seen the better psn.com web site? Im guessing you dont have a free king club what you are talking about so before being so stupid ilusión high and mighty do a little reserva and You’ll see what it stands for before bashing your own cofrades kid.

+ ZichiroARG on July 14th, 2015 at 3:42 pm said:

God dam autorrect!

Tell me, are you stupid? What the hell does Internet connection have to do with the hashtag betterpsn? Have you even seen the betterpsn.com website? Im guessing you dont have a freaking clue what you are talking about, so before being so stupidily high and mighty do a little research and you’ll see what it stands for before bashing your own comrades kid.

+ saab01 on July 14th, 2015 at 7:58 am said:

Everyone has gone to the rapture looks to me to be the best game. I might pick it up but not sure if it would be good to drop money on the game when I will play it once than never touch it again. Also the same with Journey its a cool game but not really worth while to spend money to play it once and never again.

+ ein_nineteenth on July 14th, 2015 at 8:53 am said:

Never judge a game on how it looks.
    That’s how we got into this mess.

+ Thundercleese_83 on July 14th, 2015 at 8:08 am said:

N++ is not on Vita!? It’s the only place I want to play this game.

+ Thillhouse on July 14th, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

I believe that it’s coming later since Metanet is a small team and wanted to get this version out first.

+ NS-4701 on July 14th, 2015 at 8:16 am said:

Nice!
I already own Journey from PS3, but I’ve been looking forward to Everybody Has Gone to Rapture. Guess I’ll get GalaxZ too.

+ evylwyzyrd on July 14th, 2015 at 8:18 am said:

I’ve never participated in the PLAY promotion and I never leave comments on posts like this but I felt like I had to chime in and thank you guys as this is a no-brainer of a deal. Saving a decent chunk of change on games that I had already planned on purchasing can’t be beat.

Even though I have played through Journey several times on PS3, I’m beyond excited for the PS4 version and its buttery 60fps.

+ ein_nineteenth on July 14th, 2015 at 8:50 am said:

2011 was the “best”, since you couldn’t get them anywhere else cheaper.
    2012 was iffy, since CS:Go was obviously better on Steam, everything else was also on the PC for far less.
    2013 was terribad.
    2014 was laughably garbage since, as you said; all the games ended up on Plus AND were cheaper if you got the PC versions.
    2015 is just bad.

Can’t wait to see what 2016 holds for loyal Playstation Customers. : (

+ duke301 on July 14th, 2015 at 8:24 am said:

Yeah, no thanks. The past few years, pretty much every title that was a part of Play has ended up being free as a part of the instant game collection, often times within a few months. With the exception of Journey, which I already bought for the PS3, I’ll just wait until these games are free and play them then. I have plenty there to keep me busy in the meantime.

+ Monterossa on July 14th, 2015 at 8:28 am said:

No Vita, No Buy.

+ Hakumen__ on July 14th, 2015 at 10:16 am said:

Same here!

+ PrimeroIncognito on July 14th, 2015 at 7:19 pm said:

I bet that half the people who say this don’t actually stick to it.

+ Thillhouse on July 14th, 2015 at 8:33 am said:

Awesome lineup. I’ll be getting all four, though will be free thanks to Cross Buy.

+ ein_nineteenth on July 14th, 2015 at 8:46 am said:

The last time PLAY was interesting was in 2011. What happened guys?

+ Seluhir on July 14th, 2015 at 9:01 am said:

I kind of wish Journey weren’t a part of this since I expect that those of who have it already won’t be eligible to use it towards the discount… but oh well, still a good lineup.

+ CrusaderForever on July 14th, 2015 at 9:07 am said:

YES!!! So excited that Galak-Z has a release date! What a great day! Galak-Z and Everybody’s Gone to Rapture will be mine. I will then use that 10% cart coupon on Mad Max, Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection and AC Syndicate. I hope there isn’t some weird rule in play that doesn’t let us use the 10% coupon on preorders.

+ CrusaderForever on July 14th, 2015 at 9:11 am said:

Oh yeah, thanks for the PS+ discounts! That is an added bonus!

+ Moofboy on July 14th, 2015 at 9:09 am said:

No vita, no sale. Also, pretty lame that the Journey port is part of this.

+ Tenma1216 on July 14th, 2015 at 9:15 am said:

NO VITA, NO SALE! Galak-Z for vita please!!!

+ Patsrule0316 on July 14th, 2015 at 9:30 am said:

They tried to make it for vita…it wasn’t meeting their quality standards. It is not like they didn’t want to do it.

+ ElektroDragon on July 14th, 2015 at 9:24 am said:

Might be the WORST Play lineup ever. Come on guys, two remakes we’ve had on PS3 for ages, a cheesy Japanese shooter, and the only POSSIBLY interesting game, Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture… as long as its not ruined by any religious dogma.

+ TJF588 on July 14th, 2015 at 9:25 am said:

Say, any’a these pre-[purchase]s come with dashboard(?) themes? I’ll definitely lock in Journey…again, but being PS4-less, not sure I’d wanna drop the dough when I’ll not be playing ’em any time soon. N++’ll be on my radar, though, and I’ve caught rumblings over EGTTR.

+ Patsrule0316 on July 14th, 2015 at 3:02 pm said:

All of the pre-orders come with themes. I preordered 3 of the 4, and all three had a theme attached. I assume the 4th does as well.

+ Thierrymon on July 14th, 2015 at 9:58 pm said:

As someone who bought Journey on PS3 I hope we get the Theme as well!

Interested in Everybody Has Gone To Rapture.

+ topes521 on July 14th, 2015 at 9:37 am said:

For all the people thinking they can use this 10% off coupon now, you’re wrong. It’s not even being delivered until 9/1/15, so we’ll still have the same month to redeem it by the end of the month.

+ Profilia on July 14th, 2015 at 10:24 am said:

Hmm… Journey being cross-buy only counts if you bought the digital copy, right? I have the retail copy of Journey… why you no like us retail copy buyers? T_T

+ LeandroDiFini on July 14th, 2015 at 10:25 am said:

This is not the best PLAY sale… Other years were better. Take me as an example: I already have previously purchased Journey for PS3 and the only other title that interests me is Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture. So, it’s not worth for me to add a title I don’t care about just to get a 10% discount. If there were more titles available and/or the discount was 20-25%, that would be a more interesting promotion.

+ Betogalado on July 14th, 2015 at 10:39 am said:

I was really ager to play GALAK-Z on PSVita as it was announced before…
I am starting to get really disapointed. This is not the first game that was promissed to PSVita and ended up not getting it`s release.

I am sorry. But Galak-Z for me, only on PSVita. I am not getting it until Sony Playstation puts it on PSVita.

Best Luck to the developers.

+ Intangible360 on July 14th, 2015 at 10:41 am said:

I am a PS+ member, why does it say it will cost $14.99 when signed it on the Playstation store when I go to pre-order Journey?

+ Betogalado on July 14th, 2015 at 10:48 am said:

It will be missed… =(

+ bbswarrior_11 on July 14th, 2015 at 11:11 am said:

Ehm, yes, please.I´ll have one of each.

+ MisterJumpMan on July 14th, 2015 at 11:39 am said:

Good lineup, and I’ll be nabbing a few, but imagine if it was The Witness, Darkest Dungeon, Invisible Inc., and Crypt of the Necrodancer; that would be unbelievable. Incidentally, when ARE those games releasing?

+ donnydj76 on July 14th, 2015 at 11:44 am said:

This is an EXCELLENT lineup. I’m getting N++, Galak Z, and Journey. Not interested in the last title. Going to preorder when I get home!

+ Gamer_USA- on July 14th, 2015 at 11:51 am said:

What bonus to I get for not buying all 4?

+ Speady123 on July 14th, 2015 at 12:10 pm said:

Anyone know if Everyone’s Gone to Rapture is getting a retail release? (Or, is No Man’s Sky even getting a retail release?)

+ marcrobviana on July 14th, 2015 at 12:10 pm said:

No, thanks!! All this games will be free on Playstation Plus in a year or less…

+ dallscowboys88 on July 14th, 2015 at 12:37 pm said:

#BetterPSN

+ quickfire123 on July 14th, 2015 at 12:42 pm said:

If we bought the Journey Collection physical can we still get this on ps4 free?

+ pablikenemy79 on July 14th, 2015 at 12:57 pm said:

What!? Another week with out Vita Games ??????
at this point we Players need to do something Because Sony Dont stop to take for Tha ss the ps vita Owners, i search around the web for a Class action or something like that, Sony need listen to the people Who spend a lot of money for increase they Own bucket… I’m just Tired of this situation and the disrespect from Sony

PAGE 1 2