Final Fantasy XV

Jul 15

goatsimulator

Goat Simulator Coming to PS4, PS3 on August 11th

goatsimulator

Mark South's Avatar Posted by on Jul 15, 2015 // Guy, Double Eleven

Following a collaboration with Coffee Stain Studios, I am delighted to announce that Goat Simulator will be available on PS4 and PS3 starting August 11th!

Perhaps you’ve heard of Goat Simulator, perhaps you haven’t, but for those of you who have spent their days hoping to be a Goat, causing mayhem up, up, down, down, left right, left right of you — your dreams have finally come true! This is Goat Simulation on the bleeting edge of technology!

You Can Fly

No, really, you can. Be it by jetpack, hang glider or wrapping your insanely long tongue around a helicopter, you can take to the skies as a goat.

Goat Simulator

You Can Blow Stuff Up

Not only can you blow stuff up, but you’re also able to get up and walk away after being involved in an explosion; how many goats do you know who can say that?

Goat Simulator

You Can Headbutt Stuff

Well, at the end of the day, you are a goat…

Goat Simulator

You Can Do Cool Tricks Mid-air

Often compared with a popular skater game of years gone by, you can also do cool mid-air tricks in Goat Simulator.

Goat Simulator

Multiplayer

Local co-op allows for two players on PS3 and four players on PS4 to share in the Goaty goodness!

Goat Simulator

GoatVR

We’ve been working on GoatVR for some time, and we’re pleased to debut it in the Playstation editions of Goat Simulator. GoatVR is the most authentic “simulated GoatVR experience” that doesn’t require a helmet or anything. Although it’s not quite ready yet we felt it better to stay ahead of the crowd and let it out into the wild.

We still need to do that part where it connects to an actual headset but for now you can enjoy a simulated GoatVR experience without it. We’ve also added a score multiplier to help offset the concerns we’ve had from a very few number of Beta testers that felt it was somewhat difficult to “see where you are going.”

75 Comments

+ gerneric123 on July 15th, 2015 at 7:31 am said:

Couldn’t get the mobile version running on Vita?

+ WilliamBKenney on July 16th, 2015 at 3:33 am said:

Make 7500 bucks every month… Start doing online computer-based work through our website. I have been working from home for 4 years now and I love it. I don’t have a boss standing over my shoulder and I make my own hours. The tips below are very informative and anyone currently workin­­g from home or planning to in the future could use this website…
    ⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨ w­­­w­­w.­­E­­x­­t­­r­­a­­-­­i­­n­­c­­o­­m­­e­­9­­0­­­.­­­Com­­­

+ DJ_Tomato on July 15th, 2015 at 7:32 am said:

#NOVITANOBUY

Thanks for Nothing

+ WAR0979 on July 15th, 2015 at 12:05 pm said:

Did you want some cheese with all that Whine?

+ YungShep on July 15th, 2015 at 12:35 pm said:

seems like the perfect vita title to me. i wasn’t planning on getting this on my ps4 at all, but hey, im just one of millions.

+ DJ_Tomato on July 15th, 2015 at 7:32 am said:

No vita version?

#Dropped

+ SeanStrange on July 15th, 2015 at 9:09 am said:

lol this guy…

+ DOC_INCOGNITO on July 15th, 2015 at 9:47 pm said:

I apologize on the behalf of the PS Vita community. Not all of us are complete jerks.

+ Kaddyshacks on July 15th, 2015 at 7:35 am said:

Yessss! Please tell me the giraffe is included!

+ Boss_Tally on July 15th, 2015 at 1:47 pm said:

*Tall Goat

Lol

+ burningwind on July 15th, 2015 at 7:35 am said:

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

+ doctorhino on July 15th, 2015 at 7:38 am said:

Been on Xbox One for a while with mediocre reviews. The lack of vita version really bums me out.

+ WAR0979 on July 15th, 2015 at 12:06 pm said:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

+ cowmamba on July 15th, 2015 at 7:45 am said:

Yet another game that would be awesome and more fun on the Vita. :\

+ MisterAxle on July 15th, 2015 at 7:54 am said:

Y’all can keep complaining about “no Vita version” on these announcements, but until you accept the harsh reality that only the small portion of folks who actually own a Vita actually care about it, you’re just spinning your wheels.
It’s a mobile JRPG device. Period.

+ TeamGreen615 on July 15th, 2015 at 8:07 am said:

Please don’t hate on the Vita.

+ vongruetz on July 15th, 2015 at 8:16 am said:

I think the fact that there are so many requests for Vita versions of games is because people who use them are very passionate gamers. They want more games for the device and not just JRPGs. Personally, I have close to 200 games on my Vita and I would consider only a few to be JRPGs.

I think it’s telling that 4 out of the first 6 comments on this post are people asking for Vita versions. And as you’ve pointed out, it’s not just this post. It’s for all games announced that would be great on a handheld but for some reason aren’t.

+ MisterAxle on July 15th, 2015 at 8:19 am said:

@vongruetz: You’re not wrong: they’re certainly passionate. The problem is that I’m also not wrong: they’re too few for a lot of developers to take seriously.

+ doctorhino on July 15th, 2015 at 8:49 am said:

There are plenty of good indie games that get a vita version. What are you talking about, face the harsh reality? I am just saying a game like this would be suited towards a handheld system.

+ WAR0979 on July 15th, 2015 at 12:07 pm said:

Haven’t owned a handheld since GBA. You know right around the time I hit 20 and realized I didn’t need kid gaming utensils.

+ JeffHanma on July 15th, 2015 at 10:53 pm said:

Not having a handheld makes you not a child? Not only is that the stupidest thing I’ve heard, I feel bad for you. Not owning a handheld is the only thing not making you a child.

+ ossiecastro5 on July 15th, 2015 at 8:00 am said:

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!

+ paulogy on July 15th, 2015 at 8:10 am said:

This is such a ridiculous, but hilarious game. It kinda reminds me of PAIN, one of the first PSN games I had, but with more control and an open world. I’m glad we live in a time where such crazy games can exist :-)

+ XxSTORM_FRONTxX on July 16th, 2015 at 10:41 am said:

I would love to have Pain 2 on the PS4. the humor of each character was great.

+ kstar891 on July 15th, 2015 at 8:10 am said:

need this on Vita

+ Ry-Dog on July 15th, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

First there was Farming Simulator, and now Goat Simulator.

What’s next, Duck Simulator, Hedgehog Simulator, Box Simulator, Coffee Table Simulator, McDonald’s Simulator, Grocery Store Bagger Simulator, Pizza Hut Simulator, Beer Simulator, and Change Lightbulb Simulator.

+ Dethfuse on July 15th, 2015 at 8:38 am said:

There is a Bear Simulator! Lol

+ Dethfuse on July 15th, 2015 at 8:38 am said:

Oh you put beer, not bear.

+ paulogy on July 15th, 2015 at 9:08 am said:

Surely you’ve played Soda Drinker Pro

+ TJF588 on July 15th, 2015 at 10:19 am said:

Surgeon Simulator, which is likely less 1:1 than any of those others would ever be.

+ WAR0979 on July 15th, 2015 at 12:11 pm said:

Farming Simulator has been around for awhile. As has Goat Simulator. But Goat is more of a fun joke sim, not some serious game. It’s nice to have a not so serious game come out. Though the VITA fanboys are gonna cry because they can’t play it.

+ JukeBoxx93 on August 1st, 2015 at 9:29 pm said:

Don’t forget about Rock Simulator. It’s the best!

+ hdcase on July 15th, 2015 at 8:47 am said:

Can you go into detail about GoatVR? I have to say you have piqued my curiosity.

+ LeandroDiFini on July 15th, 2015 at 9:30 am said:

COOL! Can’t wait!
My friend with an XBOX has been gloating about this game for a while, seems the type of game I’d get addicted to.

+ Spectrum703 on July 15th, 2015 at 10:04 am said:

https://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=HkgBjeSuvIQ&lc=z132jpkbwtrsfntek234zpbydqvnjhkio04 I was joking, Sony.
What next on PS4, I am Bread? lol

+ hectbaf on July 15th, 2015 at 10:11 am said:

OMG!. I’ve been waiting for this!!

+ TJF588 on July 15th, 2015 at 10:18 am said:

Count me among those who’d vie for a Vita version as well. It’s already on mobile devices (picked it up on iOS this morning, though I suspect it’d run like crap on my ol’ iPod), and the PSTV, underserved by Sony as it is, would allow for for that local co-op. Don’t even neeeed to put any touch controls in, though it would be hilar. So, please, consider it, or let us know why it was dropped if you had.

I don’t doubt I’ll pick this beast up eventually, either way.

+ fudgenasty21 on July 15th, 2015 at 10:23 am said:

yay……………..

+ windsmere on July 15th, 2015 at 10:32 am said:

GoatZ!

+ ossiecastro5 on July 15th, 2015 at 11:34 am said:

I hope they add Goatz too, just for the extra map.

+ HussamFelimban on July 15th, 2015 at 10:44 am said:

Played this on PC and liked it very much. It’s not graphically demanding, so I’d like to see it on Vita. Otherwise I’m gonna pass on this.

+ dallscowboys88 on July 15th, 2015 at 11:01 am said:

We reeeeally need this for PS Vita, then I would be able to goat whenever and wherever I want to goat.

+ livingwithoutyou on July 15th, 2015 at 11:36 am said:

Due to my terrible PC I had thoughts of buying it on Xbox One. I was actually going to today but now I wait… longer.

+ miguel_fabio on July 15th, 2015 at 12:46 pm said:

If what the dev says is correct no vita version because vita can not run unreal engine… Hum i think theres something wrong in here but cant quite puta my finguer

+ cowmamba on July 16th, 2015 at 6:09 pm said:

The unreal engine 4 is being ported to the Vita (supposedly) so, I guess there’s a chance we could eventually see Goat Simulator. It’d be super nice because I would love to play it on the Vita too.

+ FAoOHxSniperFox on July 17th, 2015 at 10:36 am said:

The Vita does not natively support UE3. That’s always been the case. Some of the code is there, but it’s up to developers to put in the work to actually get it running. That takes more time, and more money that a small team like Coffee Stain probably doesn’t have.

D11 did state that they could possibly work on a Vita version if the demand is actually there.

+cowmamba – Not quite how it works. UE4 being ported wouldn’t benefit Goat Simulator in anyway. It runs in Unreal Engine 3. They would essentially have to remake the entire game in UE4, using whatever code the Bloodstained port devs come up with.

+ FAoOHxSniperFox on July 17th, 2015 at 10:37 am said:

Minor correction – *Unreal Engine 3 does not natively support the Vita, not the other way around.

+ SHARINGAN_JP on July 15th, 2015 at 12:46 pm said:

NO VITA?

+ nextleveltaken on July 15th, 2015 at 1:02 pm said:

Yep, this is what I purchased a PS4 for…

+ bbswarrior_11 on July 15th, 2015 at 1:28 pm said:

I gotta play this… I just gotta

+ ZichiroARG on July 15th, 2015 at 2:47 pm said:

Goat simulator??? whats next? lets go shopping at Walmart simulator??

+ Remmy8199 on July 15th, 2015 at 11:44 pm said:

I’d buy that one. You should come visit my Wal-Mart sometime >.>.

+ PrimeroIncognito on July 16th, 2015 at 12:23 am said:

How about Whiner Simulator?

Oh, you’re playing that already.

+ magicfan345 on July 15th, 2015 at 3:43 pm said:

We were really looking forward to sheep simulator!
oh well, gues we’ll settle for being goats…

+ Superstone on July 15th, 2015 at 4:00 pm said:

This game would be great on Vita. BTW @WAR0979 I’m 40 and do most of my gaming on Vita. It’s called career, family, mortgage & limited time

+ Astroking112 on July 15th, 2015 at 6:03 pm said:

A Vita version would be grand.

But that local co-op on the PS4 is very tempting indeed… I may need to take a closer look at this.

+ VIDEOgameDROME on July 15th, 2015 at 6:44 pm said:

Already have it on my PC. I might consider picking it up again on PSN if it goes cheap enough but I was bored of it within a week.

+ davidxraw on July 15th, 2015 at 9:06 pm said:

A demo for the PS3 please

+ DOC_INCOGNITO on July 15th, 2015 at 9:50 pm said:

Heh, this game comes out on my birthday! :DDDD

+ Remmy8199 on July 15th, 2015 at 11:43 pm said:

Lol, this sounds so absurd that I might actually check it out just out of sheer curiosity.

+ cenorexia on July 16th, 2015 at 3:36 am said:

How is this not on PS VITA?

+ BinkyMelnik on July 16th, 2015 at 9:19 am said:

Mark, I feel so bummed for Coffee Stain that you post this announcement about a truly fun and genuinely hilarious game coming to the PS3/PS4 and instead of excitement, it garners nothing but a boatload of grumbling. How disheartening it must be for Coffee Stain that they work for months and months away from their families and friends and all their hard work is met with disdain. It takes all the air out of their balloons to present their baby to the world and everyone craps on it. I’ve played Goat Simulator for iOS and laughed myself silly. I’ll be delighted to play it on the PS4 and can’t wait, and am really glad Coffee Stain made it available for the PlayStation. The more platforms on which I can be a troublesome goat, the better! Please tell Coffee Stain to keep up the good work, that there’re gamers out here who appreciate what they do, and that they’re a bunch a rock stars!

+ tenor10r on August 9th, 2015 at 2:18 pm said:

+ plaztiksyke on July 16th, 2015 at 1:52 pm said:

I’m excited as hell for this and Toast! keep these unique, quirky games coming — it’s what I love about PlayStation!

+ Rogeriogduca on July 17th, 2015 at 7:11 am said:

Any word on cross-buy between Ps3 and Ps4? thanks

+ Matrix_Lion on July 18th, 2015 at 11:56 am said:

Wait this game isn’t about Conor McGregor?

+ CypherRaven on August 6th, 2015 at 8:30 pm said:

Any word on Goat Simulator’s price? Can’t find it anywhere.

+ Szymon2419 on August 8th, 2015 at 7:45 am said:

Price possible that it will be like on Xbox

+ tenor10r on August 9th, 2015 at 2:15 pm said:

Instead of complaining about never getting anything on VITA, why don’t you guys take all the money you’re not spending on VITA games and buy a system that companies actually develop for?
You are a part of a rediculously small market that is failing it’s parent company by not being bigger. Why would they spend tens of thousands MINIMUM to make this for you when only a few hundred of the several hundred who own one would buy it? The loss margins would be immense.
The company that MAKES THE VITA is slowly giving up on it (just like the PSP), just enjoy the ride and look forward their next mobile flop.

Or buy a Nintendo handheld and get a third of the same games anyway.

+ tenor10r on August 9th, 2015 at 2:17 pm said:

“Blah blah more than several hundred of us blah”

+ Stoltzy92 on August 9th, 2015 at 8:12 pm said:

Can you give any additional word on when Goatz and Goat Simulator MMO will be dropping on PS4?

+ DawgManWP on August 10th, 2015 at 12:11 pm said:

what will the price be?

+ rich_952000 on August 12th, 2015 at 11:06 am said:

Just another nod for Coffee Stain to bring this over to the Vita. I’d easily pay $20 plus another $20 for Goat MMO.