PlayStation VR

Jul 23

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Coming to PS Vita August 18th

Gio Corsi's Avatar Posted by on Jul 23, 2015 // Director, Third Party Production for SCEA

Resident Evil and PS Vita fans, rejoice! The long wait is officially over — Resident Evil Revelations 2 is coming to PS Vita digitally on August 18th in North America.

The episodic survival-horror scare-fest we’ve all come to know and love is ready for its handheld debut via digital release on PlayStation Store for $29.99 (Editor’s Note: originally listed incorrectly as $39.99). Made possible by the incredible team at Frima Studio, this collection brings all of the terror, action, and mystery of the console versions to PS Vita. With that in mind, I wanted to take a quick moment to confirm a few of the additions and content we’re packing into this killer compendium.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 on PS Vita: Extra Episode 1Resident Evil Revelations 2 on PS Vita: Extra Episode 2

On top of the four core episodes, you’ll also get two bonus episodes known as “The Struggle” and “Little Miss.” In the first, you’ll learn more about Moira’s struggle to survive on the island between Claire’s departure and Barry’s arrival. In the second, you’ll uncover more about the mysterious girl Natalia and her special abilities. Both episodes play a critical role in understanding these characters and how they play into the main campaign.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 on PS Vita: Raid Character HunkResident Evil Revelations 2 on PS Vita: Raid Character Wesker

Of course, Revelations 2 wouldn’t be complete without Raid Mode which makes a big comeback with 15 playable characters (HUNK and Wesker included) and over 200 missions for lightning-fast action on the go. Additional content includes a throwback map pack and multiple storage expansions for Weapons, Parts, and Albums. If that wasn’t enough, we’ve got an awesome alternative costume pack chock full of new styles for your favorite characters in both Story and Raid modes (Natalia’s costume limited to Story Mode).

Resident Evil Revelations 2 on PS Vita

So there you have it, the big news is out! With that, we’re heading back down that lonely hallway called development to add some finishing touches. All you handheld horror fans can look forward to getting your hands on Resident Evil Revelations 2 on August 18th and we’ll be keen to hear your thoughts on it!

Oh, and as a friendly reminder, Raid Mode 2 player co-op over PlayStation Network is supported out of the gate, and we’ll be adding ad-hoc Raid Mode at a later date via a free content update. Stay tuned for more information.

130 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ SHARINGAN_JP on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:04 pm said:

I guess I’ll be importing my physical copy.

+ MattDanam on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:08 pm said:

So, you guys start supporting the Vita, but still can’t let consumers play PS1 classics like the Crash Bandicoot series or Spyro the Dragon trilogy in North America?

+ TOUGHDUDE94 on July 23rd, 2015 at 6:02 pm said:

I want those games too.

+ Zernebock on July 23rd, 2015 at 6:17 pm said:

I´ve always wanted those games. I can’t believe that such legendary games are not available on PSN

+ BrettlyBean28 on July 23rd, 2015 at 8:22 pm said:

Sony doesn’t own the rights to those games anymore, Activision does. They have discussed bringing them back but until they have the rights to those IP there is nothing that can be done

+ drd7of14 on July 24th, 2015 at 6:22 am said:

@BrettlyBean28 Exactly!

The only missing point is that these games, Crash/Spyro, do exist on the PS Store. However, the digital rights agreement for the license only extended to the PSP/PS3 consoles. Yes, technically speaking, the VITA can obviously play all PS1 games. It is not a technical limitation, but an enforced one that SONY has to abide by.

Could they pay a huge sum to get them support, sure. But I don’t think paying Activision to patch support for a few older games would be financially worth it. There would have to be a huge majority of people crying out for all PS1 games, or at least those specifically, all supported on the VITA.

+ drd7of14 on July 24th, 2015 at 6:23 am said:

(Continued…)

It’s not likely to happen, cause it’s not financially smart. The only other way for it to happen, is if Activision feels like it. And I’m sure Activision has to pay for their games’ licenses to be offered on the PS Store for the VITA as well. It’s not free. Whether that’s a percentile of sales, or a flat-out cost, who knows!

The reason they exist on the European store, is probably a difference of legal agreements, the fine print, regionalisms/laws that exist, or even that SCEE may have disparity with license agreements on their platforms than that of SCEA. I have no clue honestly!

But the fact is, if it was as simple as SONY makes money by making people happy with no extra added work, they’d just do it.

+ JSEVERITT on July 24th, 2015 at 8:49 am said:

I have Crash 1-3 and CTR on my Vita right now! Granted, they’ve been on there since Sony slipped up a couple years ago and made ALL PS1 games downloadable to the PS Vita for a couple of days…

+ BramStark on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:10 pm said:

Why didn’t you guys made retail copies? I’ve been collecting all the RE games ever since and this was a really bad news for me :/

+ SHARINGAN_JP on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:12 pm said:

Sony doesn’t even support Vita with games anymore… after this, there’s nothing.

+ al_ien5000 on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:19 pm said:

No crossbuy no care

+ JSEVERITT on July 24th, 2015 at 8:52 am said:

I believe, if you preordered RE:R2 on PS3 or PS4 on the PSN then they offered Cross Buy. But, that was just a preorder bonus.

+ HussamFelimban on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:20 pm said:

Good news. Two questions, though: What’s the price? And I know you confirmed on Twitter that it’s PSTV compatible, I’m just wondering whether it supports local multiplayer on PSTV (i.e. multiple controllers, single PSTV system)?

+ gerneric123 on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:21 pm said:

“The episodic survival-horror scare-fest we’ve all come to know and love is ready for its handheld debut via digital release on PlayStation Store for $39.99.”

+ drd7of14 on July 24th, 2015 at 6:24 am said:

Reading is hard though…Just skip to the comments! :P

+ madmanwithabox12 on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:20 pm said:

No physical is a massive oversight, especially for a game as content complete as this.

I’m considering buying this, would have been an easier decision if it was physical. Vita doesn’t exactly encourage massive digital downloads given the proprietary memory cards.

Can we get memory size please?

+ gerneric123 on July 25th, 2015 at 6:09 pm said:

<3GB according to Gio's Twitter.

+ XrosBlader821 on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:20 pm said:

Raid Mode online and local coop is fine and dandy but whats about story coop?

+ gerneric123 on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:20 pm said:

I think the original Revelations on 3DS looked and ran better …

If this does well, can we expect ports of other Resident Evil games like 4, Code Veronica, REmake and Zero?

+ madmanwithabox12 on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:24 pm said:

Also… a lesser version of a game that came out on everything else months ago and has no physical version? Kind of ridiculous honestly.

+ madmanwithabox12 on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:26 pm said:

Is that trailer even the Vita version? Some gameplay would be nice so we’re certain we’re not getting another Borderlands 2…

+ SHARINGAN_JP on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:38 pm said:

Same trailer as the Japanese one, it shows vita footage when the vita comes up.

+ al2009man on July 23rd, 2015 at 10:58 pm said:

I believe the trailer includes gameplay, it may look downgraded, but its quite close.

+ RadicalEnigma on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:25 pm said:

Does this feature Cross-Save at all? I’ve played a lot of this on my PS4, i would love to play Raid mode on the go, but I don’t want to start over! I’ve put so much time into my Claire and Leon that it makes me sad starting over at level 1 again. D:

+ SWANSONG on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:27 pm said:

I personally cannot wait. Day one download for me.

+ RoD_GX on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:33 pm said:

Thank you Capcom, for bringing up something for the Vita. About time, eh?
But there’s something you guys at Capcom don’t understand. We hate scea. We hate Andrew House and everything he stands for, especially with his personal “vision” insisting the Vita is nothing more than a ps4 accessory.
So even if you guys were to bring a new Megaman, Street Fighter V and RE: Revelations 2 in a package, for the handheld, I’d still refuse it because it’s only available on psn.
To sum it up, I’m OKAY to support Capcom, but sony? Hell no. They won’t have my money for their F-ing over expensive Vita memory cards. I hope other players have a different opinion than mine, but quite frankly, judging by the way we get no shoulder from this company, I find that hard to believe.
Anyway, thank you Capcom. At least you showed you care. I think.
And sony, a BIG F to the YOU.
PS: Sorry for getting so low on my comment. It’s hard not to when you get to talk about this company.

+ gerneric123 on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:54 pm said:

Well, Capcom isn’t publishing or producing this port. It’s Sony …

Capcom will be publishing a physical version in Asia and it sounds like some will contain the English VO and script. I’d encourage those looking for a cart to stay vigilant over Play-Asia.

+ SpeckTech on July 23rd, 2015 at 6:25 pm said:

so what you’re saying is that you’re going to boycott out of spite? Sorry but that doesn’t help the vita at all. The only way to get Sony-senpai to notice is to support the vita. Vita support drops off in the west? It’s not going to hurt them to kill it off over here.

+ barbob75 on July 23rd, 2015 at 7:07 pm said:

You hate SCEA, you hate Andrew House. Not we. Get your head out of your butt.

+ StalkerDolg on July 23rd, 2015 at 7:31 pm said:

You’re absolutely right! sony killed a great console, because of greed for money. Even indie developers are paying much more attention to vita. And until recently, I am hoping for a release of InFamous for console, but it will not ….

+ al2009man on July 23rd, 2015 at 11:00 pm said:

This Comment quite salty, don’t you think?

+ RendangSapi2 on July 23rd, 2015 at 11:33 pm said:

Quit your yapping. Don’t like it than don’t buy it. Problem solved.

+ IIL0YDII on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:37 pm said:

Textures on the screenshot look literally worse than PSP game.

+ XrosBlader821 on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:47 pm said:

You haven’t played a PSP game in a while.

+ luvtoseek on July 24th, 2015 at 9:33 am said:

Haha, Xros is right. It’s no Killzone but I’m sure it’ll look decent when in motion.

But PSP? Haha, get a grip.

+ samv33 on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:37 pm said:

Glad to see it come to the Vita, but definitely wish you could have found a way to get a physical version. I’m no numbers man, but there has to be consumer support for RE on the Vita for at least a limited print run.

+ paulogy on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:39 pm said:

Hi Gio! Thanks for bringing more <3 to the Vita. Still working through that List of yours? ;-)

+ broncosfan2117 on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:46 pm said:

Finally It’s about time i can’t wait!

+ Typetm012 on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:46 pm said:

Nice

+ TripG on July 23rd, 2015 at 5:58 pm said:

My pet peeve: publishers coming on to the blog and announcing a digital only (rolling my eyes) game and yet neglecting to indicate how much memory their game, or in this case, episodes is going to take. What is this fact such a secret?

+ SpeckTech on July 23rd, 2015 at 6:22 pm said:

assume 4gb at most, since someone else said that it’s getting a physical release in asian countries (in eng), and vita cards hold 4gb at most I think.

+ luvtoseek on July 24th, 2015 at 9:35 am said:

Smart; 4GB is the Max capacity for Vita carts. Assume the max capacity, people.

I’m going to make it fit somehow! :)

+ gerneric123 on July 25th, 2015 at 6:10 pm said:

<3GB according to Gio's Twitter.

+ rabidninjamonky on July 23rd, 2015 at 6:03 pm said:

Yes!! Thank you! I would have loved a physical version, but this is a day one purchase for sure. Any news on Axiom Verge or Bastion? What about Rainbow Skies?

+ broncosfan2117 on July 23rd, 2015 at 6:11 pm said:

One more thing will there and ps plus discount when first relese

+ SpeckTech on July 23rd, 2015 at 6:20 pm said:

no physical is a downer, but at least I got a 32gb for half off on Black Friday/Cyber Monday last year. Now let’s hope it doesn’t turn out to be buggy, laggy, drop frames consistently, and crash like borderlands 2.

+ TeamGreen615 on July 23rd, 2015 at 6:21 pm said:

Any Vita news these days is good news. Unfortunately though I refuse to pay full price for digital games. I have no problem waiting for a price drop somewhere down the road. That’s what I did with Soul Sacrifice Delta ($14) and The Ratchet and Clank Collection ($15). I would have bought any of these day one for a retail version to add to my Sony Collection.

+ SolaceIX on July 23rd, 2015 at 6:45 pm said:

Been excited for this for awhile now! Day 1 buy! Especially because I’m not afraid of digital content. You know, being the year 2015 and all.

As for you Vita owners complaining about getting a game digital only:

Given the state of the Vita (mostly dead/unsupported) you should be happy to be getting anything at all.
Digital only is a WHOLE lot better than ‘no release PERIOD.’

+ ElitePWNSFace on July 23rd, 2015 at 6:52 pm said:

True, but lets me honest those memory cards are are a luxury.

+ SolaceIX on July 23rd, 2015 at 8:44 pm said:

Not anymore they aren’t. You can get a 32GB card on Amazon for ~$55 right now. Sure back when they were $99 everywhere you looked, they were insanely priced.

But even then, I got one, and it’s lasted me almost 4 years. $100 over 4 years is $25 per year.
    But at this point, with all the sales that happen, you’re spending way less.
    And by not getting one, all you’re doing is limiting what games you can play.

Anyone actually holding out hope for those prices to drop, after this long? That’s almost more insane than the initial launch prices.

+ M-Easy on July 23rd, 2015 at 6:49 pm said:

Digital only?

+ ElitePWNSFace on July 23rd, 2015 at 6:51 pm said:

Great to see this come out. Just ordered me a 64gb memory stick for my vita from ebay-though it should be available in America, but seems it is not.

I am wondering if game is anyway linked to code veronica, seems to have the feel from the trailer.

+ HooliganComboFTW on July 23rd, 2015 at 7:27 pm said:

Not paying full price on digital only. Better off importing the physical version.

+ violentkittin on July 23rd, 2015 at 7:45 pm said:

Don’t release this PS4 RE game on Vita. :(

+ Remmy8199 on July 23rd, 2015 at 7:53 pm said:

Is it gonna be cross-buy for those who already bought it on the PS4? I’m not getting it twice.

+ Sonicfan11589 on July 23rd, 2015 at 8:06 pm said:

I can’t wait for this on Vita. I enjoyed it on PS4. Claire is one of my top favorite female video game characters. I also hope this game on all systems get more content (costumes/characters)

Some questions if you guys can answer:
-Cross Save?
-Custom soundtrack option?
-File size?

+ gerneric123 on July 25th, 2015 at 6:11 pm said:

Gio has previously said the Vita version won’t support Cross-anything. As for file size, he said <3GB on Twitter.

+ sleeKSP3 on July 23rd, 2015 at 8:13 pm said:

Please strike a deal with Capcom, and bring Monster Hunter Portable 3rd in N.A.

+ gerneric123 on July 23rd, 2015 at 11:41 pm said:

I’ll be dead before a real Monster Hunter game (none of that Frontier or Explore nonsense) returns to Sony handhelds.

+ pablikenemy79 on July 23rd, 2015 at 8:51 pm said:

Oh Finaly, Thanks for Support Ps Vita

+ MarshMarlou on July 23rd, 2015 at 9:03 pm said:

Finally a release date! :) The fact that this game is digital only in NA proves that someone out there really hates me :( but I’m happy we’re getting it, I guess I’ll just buy an import copy but I’m scared that the DLCs are not included on the cartridge and it’ll be a voucher code

+ WadeDanger on July 23rd, 2015 at 9:07 pm said:

looks great! thanks for the hard work guys! august 18 will be a great day for vita with this, volume, and the new helldivers expansion!

+ Jawmuncher on July 23rd, 2015 at 9:18 pm said:

No physics no buy. Especially as a digital title only at 39.99
I’ll wait to see if you change your mind over there.

+ beurk_37 on July 23rd, 2015 at 9:42 pm said:

No physical cart? I’m not buying.

+ koubu911 on July 23rd, 2015 at 9:55 pm said:

Why there isn’t cross save? Sony and Capcom should sort this out man.

+ djsaiyan on July 23rd, 2015 at 10:25 pm said:

There really, really needs to be cross-save. I’ve put a ton of time into Raid Mode, and I’d like to be able to carry that on the go with me (and back).

+ blue_flare9001 on July 23rd, 2015 at 10:27 pm said:

It’ll be a day 1 purchase if you give us Vita owners a physical release.

But I’m gonna have to be like the majority of the Vita fans here and say I won’t buy digital unless it’s 50% off or more.

+ CanastaShannon on July 23rd, 2015 at 11:50 pm said:

First of all, fantastic that this is hitting PS Vita and is maybe, just maybe, a glimmer of hope that Sony hasn’t abandoned the hand held just yet. Why should they – it’s a fantastic piece of kit!

Having said that, who at Sony decided to release this as a digital release with no physical retail release? One of, if not the biggest, title to hit PS Vita this year and no retail copy in sight? I’m sorry but that’s just madness. With memory cards so expensive and also, let’s face it, not that big, I and I’m sure a lot of other Vita owners rely on physical releases to preserve precious memory space.

Maybe, and I hope, a retail version will follow shortly. If not seems like a massive missed opportunity when, according to a recent online poll, the majority of gamers still prefer boxed games over digital.

+ Shadow_Raskolnik on July 24th, 2015 at 1:16 am said:

Damn, no physical is a no go for me. Sorry, but I don’t have that much memory left on my card and I even recently went through my games and got rid of those I doubt I would ever play again. C’mon SCEA, if smaller publishers like Atlus, NISA, and XSEED can release physical copies of their titles (which are much more niche then Resident Evil) then so can you. I bet it’s probably even cheaper for you to release physical copies since you produce the Vita game cartridges yourselves.

I think I’ll just keep waiting to see if a physical copy eventually comes out. Also $39.99 for a digital-only game is robbery at its finest.

+ madmanwithabox12 on July 24th, 2015 at 4:03 am said:

$40 is ridiculous by the way. I’m in the UK and currently the Season Pass is £15.99 on PS4, where it’s obviously got better graphics and performance to boot. Seriously, change the price. Nobody is going to buy this at $40 digitally on Vita. Suicidal move.

I also thought the extra episodes were Vita exclusive from the wording in this post. Disappointing.

+ luvtoseek on July 24th, 2015 at 9:41 am said:

I don’t think you know the Resident Evil fans. It’s a PORTABLE RE experience & yes, Revelations 2 is the best RE we’ve had in years.

+ tj5678 on July 24th, 2015 at 5:00 am said:

Thank you Capcom and Sony for bringing the Resident Evil franchise to the Vita handheld. But $40 is too much for a port of a 6 month old game, for that price it should include the original Revelations game.

+ cjhill1836 on July 24th, 2015 at 5:09 am said:

Thrilled for this release! I would like it more with a physical version, but I’ll take what I can get :D

+ migukstyle on July 24th, 2015 at 5:18 am said:

Please consider bringing to retail.

+ Scaramanga1983 on July 24th, 2015 at 5:20 am said:

Yikes! $40? I’ll have to wait for a price drop and a sale to get it.

+ R-Soub on July 24th, 2015 at 6:40 am said:

DEAR SONY

THERE IS STILL TIME TO SAVE PSVITA FOLLOWING THESE 5 RULES, REMEMBER PS3 HAS FAIL BETWEEN 2007 TO 2010, AND WII CONSOLE AND XBOX 360 WON IN THESE 3 YEARS, BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT SINCE 2010 TO 2013 PS3 WON THE BATTLE, AND YOU KNOW WHY SONY WON SINCE THEN.
PSVITA CAN BE SAVED AND CAN BE SOLD MORE THEN 10MILLIONS MORE BETWEEN 2015 TO 2020.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE 5 RULES
1-CREATE PSVITA NEW MODEL 3000 AND MAKE IT WITH MICRO MEMORY CARD AND THATS MORE CHEAPER.
2-SUPPURT PS2 GAMES ON PSVITA AND PSTV AND WHEN THATS LAUNCHED YOU MAKE FLASH SALES WITH HUNDREDS OF PS2 AND PS1 GAMES DISCOUNTS.
3-RECOVER CRASH BANDICOOT FROM ACTIVATION AND MAKE AN EXCLUSIVE CRASH BANDICOOT GAME AGAIN ONLY ON PSVITA AND PSTV
4- MAKE A BUNDLE OF NEW PSVITA WITH PSTV WITH CHEAP PRICE.
5-WE NEED MORE EXCLUSIVES LIKE BURNOUT, GTA, MGS, GOD OF WAR, TOMB RAIDER, CRASH BANDICOOT, SPYRO, CALL OF DUTY, RESIDENT EVIL.
I MEAN PSVITA EXCLUSIVE THATS I DONT CARE ABOUT RESIDENT EVIL REVELATION 2

PLEASE FANS ARE YOU AGREE WITH ME

+ dkarlowicz10 on July 24th, 2015 at 9:33 am said:

I second number 5. Need for exclusives. Sony gave up too quickly. Also bring more HD classics like Okami, Shadow of Colossus and others.

+ luvtoseek on July 24th, 2015 at 9:45 am said:

I can’t read anything here; what Font are you using? It’s huge & obnoxious.

+ markedman54 on July 24th, 2015 at 6:47 am said:

What’s the estimated file size?
A $40 game and $20 dollars worth of memory makes this a full priced $60 game.
I’ll pass until a physical release. :(

+ XpAcErX on July 24th, 2015 at 6:58 am said:

Ugh ,damn TellTale for starting the episodic trend. I don’t want to play game one bit at a time I want the whole thing at once. Now I have to wait longer for the game to assemble it self slowly and who knows I might not even want to play it by the time the game is complete.

+ madmanwithabox12 on July 24th, 2015 at 8:42 am said:

This is already finished.

+ Superstone on July 24th, 2015 at 7:17 am said: