Uncharted 4

Aug 03

20177771035_a81ec2d069_h

PS Now Subscription Coming to PS Vita, August Lineup Detailed

20177771035_a81ec2d069_h

James Martin's Avatar Posted by on Aug 03, 2015 // Director of Marketing, PS Now

PS Now

I’m excited to share that, starting tomorrow, you’ll have even more ways to enjoy the 125+ games in the PlayStation Now game streaming subscription, with the addition of PS Vita and PS TV support. Also this month there are five new titles joining the ever-expanding library of PS Now games, including the award-winning God of War III, along with Dynasty Warriors 8, MX vs. ATV Supercross, Bomberman Ultra, and The Last Guy.

There’s never been a better time to sign up for the 7-day free trial and experience game streaming at its best.

We’ve also expanded the list of PS Now enabled devices to include many of the latest models of 2015 Sony TVs. Visit our PS Now page to see the full list of supported devices, including PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PS TV, Sony TVs and Blu-ray players, and Samsung Smart TVs.

Here’s a closer look at the newly added PS Now games in August!

God of War III

Developed exclusively for PS3, God of War III is the final installment of the multi-million unit-selling trilogy. Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment’s Santa Monica Studios, God of War III will bring epic battles to life with stunning graphics and an elaborate plot that puts Kratos at the center of carnage and destruction as he seeks revenge against the Gods who have betrayed him.

Dynasty Warriors 8

Dynasty Warriors 8 returns to the kingdoms of Wei, Wu, Shu, and Jin, through the actions of historical military and political figures of the time, as they fight to gain control over the Three Kingdoms of China. Dynasty Warriors 8 takes the much loved series one step further, merging numerous replay elements such as multi-endings and extra modes with synergies between action and game systems for a deeper, more dramatic story than ever. Take to the battlefield with the greatest warriors in history and carve your path to glory!

MX vs. ATV Supercross

Rip, jump, and scrub your way around 17 tracks and try to cross the finishing line first against more than 40 official riders and harvest all that motocross glory. Choose between bikes or ATVs, multiple game modes including Career, Single races, and various local and online multiplayer events with up to 12 players. Perform amazing tricks to impress your fans or just whip over jumps to finish the race first. Customize your rider with items from more than 80 licensed motocross companies and whirl up dirt and dust on your way to victory.

Bomberman Ultra

Bomberman Ultra gives everyone who picks up the controller the chance to bomb their way to victory. Play offline, or hop online to play against up to 8 people from around the world! Pick from 6 game modes on any of 14 levels, mix and match over 50 character costumes with over 150,000 possible combinations, and choose exactly which of 16 power-ups you want to appear in each level! Stat-tracking leaderboards will show just how good you are.

PS Now, August 2015

The Last Guy

The earth has been struck by a mysterious purple beam of light, and everyone touched by it has turned into a giant zombie. You are the chosen one and it is up to you to rescue the last survivors on earth by leading them to safety through zombie-infested streets. With a classic arcade style overhead view, make your way through detailed real-world cities and use your heat vision to find people hiding in buildings. Then lead them to the Escape Zone before time runs out in this frantic, addictive game.

Personally I can’t wait to fire up God of War III on my Vita so I can guide Kratos on his epic quest for revenge when I’m away from my TV! See you next month.

PAGE 1 2

+ ZoSam32 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:06 am said:

It’s great to see PS Now being supported on the Vita! It would be AMAZING to see the Mass Effect trilogy available on PS Now!

+ James Martin on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:08 am said:

Thanks – we’re very excited about being able to bring the PS Now service to the Vita. Hope you enjoy playing!

+ sealum01 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:35 am said:

I second that! I’m really hoping for Mass Effect 3, as I would love to play though 2 and 3 before Andromeda is released! PS Now is an incredible service!

+ GreekTheGeek on August 4th, 2015 at 5:12 pm said:

It would be great if you could buy the games at a reasonable price and keep them on the system renting games it’s ok but keeping the games you love would make more sense the Arkham PS3 trilogy mass effect trilogy mafia 2, red dead redemption, final fantasy trilogy tales games are all games I would pay to keep, working long hours makes the renting program only a bit one sided please consider a buying to keep scheme

+ GreekTheGeek on August 4th, 2015 at 5:24 pm said:

It would be great if you could buy the games at a reasonable price and keep them on the system renting games it’s ok but keeping the games you love would make more sense the Arkham PS3 trilogy mass effect trilogy mafia 2, red dead redemption, dragon age ,final fantasy 13 trilogy , ni no kuni, infamous , ratchet and clank , tales games are all games I would pay to keep, working long hours makes the renting program only a bit one sided please consider a buying to keep scheme

+ solace357 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:06 am said:

Nice! people will be able to play the God Of War trilogy on Vita! Hopefully the HD remasters of PSP titles make thier way over to PS Now as well. I hope PlayStation integrates rentals into the PlayStation Plus subscription in some form. That would certainly get more people to try the service.

also…. The Last Guy is awesome.

+ James Martin on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:12 am said:

Thanks for the feedback. The God of War trilogy is awesome, especially on the Vita! And glad you like The Last Guy as well. We’ll be adding new games every month, so please keep checking out the new titles each month… and be sure to let us know what you think!

+ paulogy on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:09 am said:

YES! The PS Now subscription is a perfect fit for Vita and/or PSTV. To think, with ~$30 (PSTV) and this monthly fee you can have access to over 100 PlayStation games. Other than free to play, that’s about the smallest barrier to entry you can get :-)

+ James Martin on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:15 am said:

Glad to hear you feel it’s a perfect fit for the Vita. We couldn’t agree more.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:12 am said:

Sony, could you please adjust the pricing on PS Now so that we don’t have to pay to play games we already own? If we already own a game digitally or it has been added to our account for free via PS+, we should be able to play that game at no extra cost. I have hundreds of digital games in my account, and I won’t pay for them again. I can’t be alone on this…

+ gohan16ken on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:21 pm said:

@T3DV0L70L1N4 You are not the only one but I am done voicing my frustration. PS Now is a waste. I have over 200 P3 digital games. I refuse to rent them just to play them on a non-PS3 device. PS Now is the best way for backward compatibility. Sony could easily tie PS Now BC into PS+ and still offer a rental and subscription model. PS Now should be like iTunes and PS Video and not like Netflix or Redbox. Ultimately, PS Now is just a way to make us re-purchase games we already down. The only way to fight PS Now is for XB1 to pass PS4 in sales.

+ xStatiCa on August 3rd, 2015 at 2:18 pm said:

It would increase the cost of PS Plus too much. PS3 native games run locally on your own system so it costs Sony very little money for you to play PS3 games on a PS3 (they only need to transfer patches to your PS3). PS3 games played over PS Now actually run on dedicated hardware at Sony taking up a lot of CPU cycles on their systems and then the high bandwidth (relatively) video stream is also transferred over their network to your system. Even if $50 a year from PS Plus was entirely used for PS Now service that would not be enough $$ for Sony to allow someone to stream PS3 games all year long. $50 a year can not make up for a $30 a month service. Now consider that PS Plus money also has to go toward free games and other multiplayer features for PS4 games and that leaves even less $$ leftover to help with the costs of streaming PS3 games.

I would love this it to happen too but there is no way Sony would do that. They would lose money on it so you might as well get over the idea of Sony allowing users to play PS3 games they own on their PS4 for free if you have PS Plus. It just isn’t going to happen. There is no way Microsoft would do this either bundled with their XBox Live service if they had such a streaming feature.

+ akibake on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:15 am said:

Wow, this could be really amazing, and as always depends on how well it performs over the network. Since the Vita won’t be on a wire, I worry that significant lag will be introduced, compromising the responsiveness and compressing the graphics. I may finally try the 7-day trial to see. If through some programming black magic, PSN manages to successfully transmit PS3 games to the Vita, it would be an amazing thing. I’m guessing the Vita control mapping will be built into each game as it’s made available.

+ James Martin on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:59 am said:

Thanks for the great question…. While playing PS Now on Vita, use the PlayStation button on the left to call up the button mapping options. There are 4 mapping options, so you can choose which works best for you.

+ GaMeR_bOi_83 on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:24 pm said:

Actually PS Now works best on PS Vita. Idk why but it does.

+ paulogy on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:31 pm said:

One thing to Vita’s advantage is the lower resolution, so less pixels have to be pushed over the network :-)

+ gerneric123 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:15 am said:

Thanks for bringing the subscription service and trial to Vita. It took you guys a while, but better late than never. ;p

+ James Martin on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:21 am said:

Thanks – the team worked hard to bring the service to Vita. Hope you have a great experience and enjoy all of the games!

+ I_Wish_U_WuD on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:22 am said:

I’ve been playing on my Vita. When the 7 day free trail came out. I was able to use PS now on all three Sony. PS3, PS4 and Vita. They all work good. My problem is. Why is it taking so long for Sony exclusive or Sony owned games to come to PS now. Those should be 1st.

+ TH3-KILL-BILL125 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:23 am said:

about bloody time my friend

+ BrianMcGuinness on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:26 am said:

Does anyone remember the trailer/commercial they put out for The Last Guy years ago? Google it. It’s absolutely hysterical, but they tried to play it serious. Very funny. And the game is tons of fun too.

+ James Martin on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:32 am said:

Glad to hear you like the game. Humanity is waiting!

+ YorlecmNwahs on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:28 am said:

I have a PSVita and therefore I has seen the Vita’s graphical limitations. How do you expect the Vita, a device built for cheap indie games, to handle HD PS3 games? Is Sony porting multiple PS3 games to Vita for Playstation.Now?

+ sealum01 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:33 am said:

PS Now for Vita streams PS3 games (the video/audio) from a server to the Vita. The game is rendered entirely on the server, and the Vita just displays video. Technically, PS Now could offer PS4 games streamed to the Vita, and I suspect that PS4 games will find their way on to the service in a few years.

+ gerneric123 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:34 am said:

#1 Vita wasn’t built for cheap indie games.
    #2 PlayStation Now is a streaming service, so the games aren’t running on your local hardware. Sony has a farm of PS3s waiting to boot up when someone uses PSNow. Then the video, audio and your inputs are sent over the internet.

+ spacedelete2 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:29 am said:

PS Now will be dead in less than 2 years. with every game getting remastered theres no point in PS Now existing. you need to let js play our owned PS3 games from our download list for free because if MS lets people play their 360 games on Xbox One for free you can’t get away charging to play games we already own.

lets be honest Microsoft lowblowed you guys when they announced backwards compatibility. Sony if your reading this you need to kill off PS Now before it loses you anymore money. instead invest in a PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility and even PS3.

+ fireburn95 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:38 am said:

Wow every game? So PS3 had like 20 games.

Few things buddy. PS Now isn’t exclusively targetted at PS4 players. The long term goal is to bring it to every device, Samsung TV’s and hopefully PC’s and phones. It’s a service to play a large library of PS3 and hopefully in the future, PS1 and PS2 (and PSP) games.

I didn’t buy a shiny new PS4 to play PS3 games. I bought a PS4 to play PS4 games. If you have such a desperation need to play PS3 games, why did you get rid of your ps3. It’s still a very relevant device that plays all your wanted ps3 games.

And about xbox, Microsoft revealed 3 or 4 new games at E3. Sony revealed like at least 10. Infact while microsoft showed footage off games we’ve all seen before (halo, rottr and gears/forza) Sony only showed footage or the previously announced uncharted from their first party. Pretty much everything else was new.

Don’t like it… ? leave.

+ gohan16ken on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:26 pm said:

@fireburn95 are you under 30? I do not mean that disrespectfully. I am 33. Older gamers value replaying older games in the future. This is why many older games go back and buy a SNES or Genesis. Younger games move on to new games when they are done. That is not an insult nor am I stereotyping too. Because old hardcore gamers are also like the younger gamers. Yes, we can keep our PS3 but eventually the PS3 will be discontinued then what? What if your PS3 breaks? All those digital games you bought won’t be accessible on the PS3 you buy because PSN is down. In my little research, I noticed that gamers over 30 value backward compatibility more than those under it. If you had a SNES then you want BC and if you never had a SNES you do not care about it.

+ Northstar77 on August 3rd, 2015 at 5:00 pm said:

Playing PS3 Games on TVs, Vita PS4 and PS3 isn’t quite the same as software backwards compadibility. PS3 games are run on hugely different architecture so in my home I still own my PS3 and Xbox 360. On the go I don’t have any device that can stream my 360 games. While Xbox one I might try out the software bc I just don’t think it will ever replace my 360 because of library limitations and software issues. PS Now will work as well as your Internet connection on the go or at home and on devices that were never gaming devices. They aren’t the same thing at all.

+ Northstar77 on August 3rd, 2015 at 5:13 pm said:

I’m 38 and while backwards compadibility was nice it lasted 1 generation at best. It wasn’t as prevalent as you make it sound either. NES games didn’t play on SNES. SNES and NES didn’t play on Nintendo 64 none of those played on Gamecube. Sony really started it with full backwards compadibility with Playstation to Playstation 2 and then early PS3. Microsoft never really gave 100% bc . Gamecube to Wii I never used my Gamecube still works. Wii to WiiU I really haven’t used either.

+ ATOMS11 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:30 am said:

Love the streaming option! I mean love it! Just wish Vitas screen was bigger. Make it happen Sony. Or just make a Remote Play app! Then i could use my iPad Air 2 to play PlayStation games.

+ sealum01 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:31 am said:

I love, love, LOVE PS Now! I’m impressed with the lineup, and enjoying some incredibly fulfilling games! I’m really hoping that Mass Effect 3 is incoming as I’m eager to play through it for the first time. I’m also hoping that Ni No Kuni makes it to the service.

Keep it up, guys!

+ James Martin on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:42 am said:

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion about the subscription catalog. We’re always reviewing what games to add next.

+ fireburn95 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:32 am said:

Can you get MGS4 on there pretty please before Konami dissolves itself

+ spacedelete2 on August 3rd, 2015 at 1:55 pm said:

no get a PS3 instead.

+ solace357 on August 3rd, 2015 at 3:48 pm said:

MGS4 and the HD Collection were there during the beta for PS Now on PS4, not sure what happened. A bummer.

+ James Martin on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:47 am said:

Love MGS – Snake is one of my all-time favorites!

+ AdrianManolescu on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:47 am said:

What??? God of War 3 is coming for the Vita or just remote play like usual???

+ James Martin on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:51 am said:

The original God of War III is coming out via PS Now streaming for the Vita tomorrow. You can also stream GoW I, II and Ascension!

+ KBG29 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:49 am said:

Glad to see Now moving out of Beta on Vita. I have been Using my PS Now sub on Vita since subs became available on PS4. Currently playing through Bioshock Infinite for the first time. I actually preffer the feel of it on Vita over PS4.

It would be great to see a 4G Vita released so we could access PlayStation Now anytime, and anywhere. Along with that, PlayStation Music, PlayStation Vue, and streaming from PlayStation Video would also be very nice to see even in current form. Vita offers 1080p playback, so allowing us to stream and download our HD content from PS Video would be nice as well.

Keep up the great work. I hope to hear much more about Vita in the coming weeks. I look forward to the day when PS4’s are replacing PC, and PlayStation Vita’s are replacing smartphones. I am already there, but Vita needs a little help to convince a wider part of the market.

+ Orpheus_Aeons on August 3rd, 2015 at 2:26 pm said:

“I look forward to the day when PS4’s are replacing PC, and PlayStation Vita’s are replacing smartphones.”

ROFL. Thanks, man. I needed the huge laugh. x’D

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on August 3rd, 2015 at 9:51 pm said:

That was one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read. You’re a true Pony in every sense of the word, worshiping this company that really does not care for your loyalty instead the money you give them. The PS4 will not replace PCs, PCs have already surpassed the PS4 since the day the PS4 came out. And the Vita, a commercial failure in every sense of the word, literally killed by the smartphones that you think the Vita will take over.

Wake up, you are quite naive and need help.

+ Macros007 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:52 am said:

Would the L2/R2 accessory be of value when playing PS Now games on the Vita?

+ GunplaDan on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:57 am said:

Is anyone else having issues with PSNow on the Vita?? It passes the connection test but every time that I try and search for a game or browse through the game list none of the games will load. I will also get an error window and not let me browse or rent any games. It’s been like that for weeks.

+ KBG29 on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:03 pm said:

I have had this off and on. Usually, if I close and restart the app it works, but the search feature is definitly broken. I am hoping subs means we are getting a new app or at least an update to the current one, and this issue will go away.

+ Xcaligamer1 on August 3rd, 2015 at 11:57 am said:

I’m hoping this eventually means vita or psp games on ps now.

+ perrandy on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:07 pm said:

this is very cool but bring in spotify for the vita too.pls

+ Gaglaush on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:07 pm said:

Do I have to have a separate subscription on the Vita, or does my PS4 subscription carry over to the Vita

+ James Martin on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:14 pm said:

You only need to have a single subscription as long as you log in to the same PSN account. Your PS Now subscription will work on your PS Vita, PS4, PS3, PS TV, Sony 2015 TVs and the Samsung Smart TVs… in other words, in a lot places with your single PSN account.

+ solace357 on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:18 pm said:

it carries over. One subscription covers all available platforms. :)

+ tiggman on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:11 pm said:

Been checking out the PS Now for awhile, but hesitant on joining up because I’m unsure of how it works. When you join do you have to pay the monthly fee, plus a rental fee for every game? And I wish the lineup on ps4,ps3 and vita had more rpgs to offer :(

+ James Martin on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:19 pm said:

Glad to hear about your interest in the PS Now subscription service. The monthly service that has over 125 games currently, which only requires the monthly free. If you want even more games to choose from, you can rent games individually as well. If the games are in the subscription, you do not have to pay a rental — just be sure to access them from within the PS Now subscription app.

+ Gaglaush on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:18 pm said:

@James Martain thank you for the quick replay can’t wait to play these games where ever I want whenever I want :)

+ James Martin on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:24 pm said:

Thanks Gaglaush – there are a lot of great games in the PS Now subscription catalog and so many ways to access them! Hope you’re able to enjoy them all!

+ RhonnyK on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:20 pm said:

Please answer me!!!!!

Brazil?? When please?? Give us some info!

+ gohan16ken on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:29 pm said:

According to Sony, gamers do not want backward compatibility of previously purchased games. Instead they want to re-purchase games that they already own. PS Now should be like iTunes not Netflix or Redbox.

+ Tinye310 on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:42 pm said:

This is pretty awesome! Looking forward to FFXIII Lightning Returns on my vita eventually

+ cammers1995 on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:45 pm said:

Can we get Resident Evil and Silent Hill titles up there too? That would be fun. Would love to play Resident Evil Revelations on my vita, since, ya know, Capcom said The Vita isn’t a good system for revelations yet they released its sequel on vita.

+ James Martin on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:52 pm said:

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition is currently available within PS Now subscription. We’re always reviewing our title list, so please continue to share your game recommendations for the service!

+ cammers1995 on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:55 pm said:

Can we get Code Veronica X moved into subscription? ;)

+ ThaNikilist on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:49 pm said:

Hi, and thanks for the service update!

I’ve already seen a couple of somewhat rude comments about it, but I’d like to make a constructive suggestion.
Microsoft gained a lot of goodwill from its base when it announced backwards compatibility. I know that it’s not possible for PS4 to do that, with the PS3 having the CELL architecture and all, but I think it’d go a long way to get free rentals on PSNow for games owned digitally, even if just first-party games; alternatively, including a certain number of free rentals in the plus subscription could also yield the same effect.

Also wondering if we’ll ever get PS1 and PS2 emulation on PS4, maybe through Now or something.

Best,
ThaNikilist

+ cammers1995 on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:54 pm said:

The X1 got emulation because the systems had similar architecture. Sony isn’t lying about PS4 having a different architecture. I could picture Sony making PS1 and PS2 games compatible, but don’t expect PS3 any time soon.

+ cammers1995 on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:53 pm said:

Anyways, so this is like Onlive was?

You can rent games for a price, but get access to a separate catalog if you subscribe?

+ TeamGreen615 on August 3rd, 2015 at 12:55 pm said:

I will give this a try. The only problem is I have never been able to get remote play to work because my internet is not fast enough. So if this works I will be one happy camper now that I can play some awesome game on my vita unlike what ps- has been offering.

+ SpeckTech on August 3rd, 2015 at 1:25 pm said:

just saying, but have you checked your settings? There’s an option to use wifi in power saving mode, which hurts the connection.

+ TeamGreen615 on August 3rd, 2015 at 2:30 pm said:

I will check it out, thanks!

+ airJordan_Xx on August 3rd, 2015 at 1:22 pm said:

Can you please consider adding more than titles 5titles per month I feel 5 Is not enough if they are not all triple a?

+ SpeckTech on August 3rd, 2015 at 1:23 pm said:

great to see it coming to vita, but I feel that more games could be added per month since a lot of smaller games are being added. The smaller games no one has heard about won’t sell a subscription. The more big name, or at least known, games make it on there, the better.

+ SpeckTech on August 3rd, 2015 at 1:25 pm said:

oh and more JRPGs on the service would be awesome.

+ JOEY_GRINDER on August 3rd, 2015 at 1:26 pm said:

I think PS Now is a good idea for certain situations. I.e. I would buy a ps to for my mothers house and use PS Now for my son & nephew to play when we visit instead of my mother having to buy a console that she would never use. I’d rather pay a few pound to rent a game for the week rather than buy a game that they’ll hardly ever the chance to play. I still think ps now prices need to be sorted though as it is definitely a bit too much.

+ yosoinbord on August 3rd, 2015 at 1:27 pm said:

Hello fellow Naruto/Kakashi fan!

+ James Martin on August 3rd, 2015 at 2:20 pm said:

Thanks, Kakashi-san is one of my all-time favs! Glad to know there are other Naruto fans in the forum here!

+ opikal on August 3rd, 2015 at 1:29 pm said:

Now if they would just add skyrim or other huge open world games, to play in bed when you can’t sleep.

+ purse317 on August 3rd, 2015 at 1:38 pm said:

Most of us long time Sony gamers long time plus subscribers would really like to beable to play the digital content we’ve already purchased. A simple monthly fee to stream it it all we want because lets be honest sometimes your monthly ps now lineup isn’t that great.

+ purse317 on August 3rd, 2015 at 1:40 pm said:

Oh and that monthly fee is way to high Sony needs to work on that.

+ cammers1995 on August 3rd, 2015 at 5:10 pm said:

If you really think about it, its not bad. You get access to all of these games across many different devices at once. Onlive was pretty expensive too, and so was gaikai. This isn’t bad for what it is.

+ PSNmichal on August 3rd, 2015 at 1:52 pm said:

Can I play Demon’s Souls on vita PS NOW?

+ Ry-Dog on August 3rd, 2015 at 1:57 pm said:

The original God of War III on PSnow

Thank you for bringing the original PS3 version of that game to PSnow, now I won’t have to buy the remastered version on PS4.

Now do what gohan16ken has been saying for the past few months and make PSnow more like Itunes and PS Video & not like Netflix and Redbox.

#Sonic06onPSnow

PS4 owners and newcomers to the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise might want to play this awful game, so please bring this to PSnow, there are some Sonic titles on your service available for streaming.

+ Azzdama on August 3rd, 2015 at 2:21 pm said:

Is this just US or UK too? If not when will it be availablle in the UK?

+ Orpheus_Aeons on August 3rd, 2015 at 2:24 pm said:

Well…I’ll give you guys this: this announcement at least will give your DEAD handheld some needed LIFE. So…kudos for that one.

+ cammers1995 on August 3rd, 2015 at 5:11 pm said:

Regardless my vita will get some more love once Resident Evil Revelations 2 drops on it later this month. Been waiting to play that one and finally can.

+ Orpheus_Aeons on August 4th, 2015 at 3:33 pm said:

Sure. But you can’t just play 1 game the whole year…right? o_O

Revelations 2 is a very cool game…but it’s not THAT great. =P

+ brolol07 on August 3rd, 2015 at 2:39 pm said:

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 would be awfully cool on this service! Also Heavenly Sword a game I never got around to playing would be cool too! Just some suggestions! Though I know its up to the publisher also!

+ Orpheus_Aeons on August 3rd, 2015 at 2:46 pm said:

Also…what’s up with all these delusional users asking for “free games” and “more games each month”?? o_O

Do you guys know ANYTHING about how capitalism works?

You think Sony is a charity Foundation or something?

The company needs TO PAY for every 3rd party game. Not to mention all the infrastructure to allow a somewhat “decent” streaming.

You wanna be able to play games NOT designed for your current console? THEN PAY, bunch of cheapskates!!! SMH

You’re all seriously delusional if you think Sony is gonna change anything about this service. With this move, allowing Vita owners to stream PS3 GAMES (!) they’ve secured A HUGE market for it.

So open your eyes: like it or not…thanks to this, PS Now is here TO STAY. Deal with it…or buy a PS3.

+ GunplaDan on August 3rd, 2015 at 4:18 pm said:

If they know anything about Sony, I don’t know how they would expect anything else. LOL. Though it would be nice if I could play PS3 games that I got on PS+ for free on there (through my vita).

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on August 3rd, 2015 at 9:41 pm said:

I think you’re right. Sony paid a ton of money for Gaikai’s technology and I don’t think they will just allow for such charity to be given at this point. This is not what MS is doing where their engineers have come up with a working emulator on the console. Instead a streaming service that is way more prone to lag, connectivity issues by playing a PS3 console on remote play from god knows where.

+ Orpheus_Aeons on August 4th, 2015 at 3:41 pm said:

@GunplaDan : IKR xD

@LUCIFERSGLEAM : Not to mention the fact that Sony is allowing Vita owners to play PS3 GAMES! O_O

Can you imagine what would be like if PS3 owners could stream PS4 games!? That will be freakin’ revolutionary!! (and yes, of course I know that will never happen…but it’s a fair comparison anyways ;)

+ Superstone on August 3rd, 2015 at 3:05 pm said:

Still a rip off. I own most of these games why would I pay a subscription to play them

+ Mr-interested on August 3rd, 2015 at 3:12 pm said:

Now if only we could get Netflix support on the PSTV.

Or if you could give North Americans access to the “Network Media Player” app on the Vita and PSTV

(which has only been available in Europe for over a year now).

+ vongruetz on August 3rd, 2015 at 3:26 pm said:

^ What he said. The Network Media Player may not be perfect, but it’s decent and should be available in NA. And Netflix… I mean, come on. It would be awesome. The PS TV supports media remotes but doesn’t have Netflix.

+ jr_Lakerss4life9 on August 3rd, 2015 at 3:22 pm said:

PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME A REASON WHY KINGDOM HEARTS IS NOT ON PLAYSTATION NOW? THE REMIX IS A MUST ON PLAYSTATION NOW.. WE’RE IS KINGDOM HEARTS!!! #VOTE FOR KH

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on August 3rd, 2015 at 9:29 pm said:

Probably because of Disney’s terms with S-E. None of the major KH games are available as digital downloads except for those weird cell phone games.

+ vongruetz on August 3rd, 2015 at 3:47 pm said:

I was reminded over the weekend on why I love PS Now. I really wanted to play God of War Ascension, which I own (and soon it will free through PS Plus). The problem is that it’s a 36 gb download, not including updates. But it also requires that I have 80 gb free on my PS3 just to install it. I don’t have 80 gb free. I’ve been a PS+ subscriber for years. My drive has long been full.

Or I can fire up PS Now and start playing it immediately on my Vita or PS TV.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on August 3rd, 2015 at 4:55 pm said:

Not bad, now get it on iOS, Android, PC, Windows Phone, etc….to be the “netflix” of gaming, you need to be on every device!

Also $19.99/month, $45 for 3 months ($15/month)…..how about $150 ($12,5/month) for a year? Need to have a year subscription option available!

+ B3GV5M63 on August 3rd, 2015 at 5:10 pm said:

Kakashi avatar? HOW DID YOU GET IT. PLEASE TELL ME!

+ Welmosca on August 4th, 2015 at 12:28 pm said:

Its not an avatar from PSN…its a pic.People who post articles here can use pics instead of avatars.

PAGE 1 2