Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Aug 16

Limited Edition Star Wars PS4

Darth Vader-Inspired PS4 System Revealed, Two Star Wars Bundles Out This November

Limited Edition Star Wars PS4

Adam Boyes's Avatar Posted by on Aug 16, 2015 // VP Publisher Relations, SCEA

Pre-orders for the limited and standard edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 bundles — releasing November 17th — are available now at participating retailers.

• Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle: $449.99 (MSRP), $549.99 CAD
  • Standard Edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle: $399.99 (MSRP), $449.99 CAD

Pre-orders are also available now for the Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle, releasing exclusively at Wal-mart starting November 13th for $449.99 (MSRP), $549.99 CAD.

The Force is about to get a whole lot stronger with PlayStation. I just got off the stage at the D23 Expo in Anaheim, where I introduced a very special limited edition Darth Vader-inspired PS4 system that will be available as part of two Star Wars bundles available November 17th (pre-orders starting soon). Check it out!

The Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle will include a custom 500GB limited edition PS4 system (CUH-1200 series) and DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller inspired by Darth Vader. The fully customized PS4 features an image of Darth Vader, as well as a repeated Star Wars logo across the top of the system. The Darth Vader edition DUALSHOCK 4 is inspired by Darth Vader’s chest panel and features the repeated Star Wars logo on its touchpad.

Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle

The bundle also includes Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition, as well as a digital voucher to download four classic Star Wars titles – Super Star Wars, Star Wars: Racer Revenge, Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter and Star Wars Bounty Hunter – playable for the first time on PS4, and sporting enhanced graphics and Trophy support. I’ll give you a minute to take that all in…

And, to celebrate the launch of Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, we’re releasing a Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle available exclusively at Wal-mart on November 17th.

Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle

The package will include the Darth Vader-inspired 500GB PS4 system (CUH-1200 series) and DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller, as well as the Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars Edition PlayStation Exclusive Hardware Bundle Kit. The kit includes a physical copy of Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, the Disney Infinity Base, the Rise Against the Empire Play Set Pack (featuring Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa figures, as well the Rise Against the Empire Play Set piece), and the Boba Fett figure, exclusive to PlayStation through this holiday. The Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle will also include a digital voucher for the four classic Star Wars games mentioned above.

Limited Edition Star Wars PS4

In addition to these two limited edition bundles, we’re also offering a standard-edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle which includes a PS4 system (CUH-1200 series) and DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller in Jet Black, as well as Star Wars Battlefront and a digital voucher for the four classic Star Wars games.

What do you think? Will you be picking up one of these bundles on November 17th? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ gerneric123 on August 16th, 2015 at 12:05 pm said:

Couldn’t port the old games to Vita too?

+ KBG29 on August 16th, 2015 at 1:46 pm said:

Hell yeah. That would be a perfect 4G Vita Bundle. Disney Infinity 3.0 + Classic Star Wars + 4G Vita + ooVoo. Sony would be rolling in cash in both the mobile and home computing sectors.

+ FATHASUN on August 16th, 2015 at 2:08 pm said:

Remote Play may be the only option for these titles on Vita.

+ gerneric123 on August 16th, 2015 at 4:17 pm said:

I wasn’t asking for a port of the new Battlefront, but the old games. Vita should be able to run those just fine.

+ KBG29 on August 17th, 2015 at 12:28 am said:

I think FATHASUN is just saying they have given up on Sony or 3rd parties supporting Vita.

Only insane people like me keep holidning out hope that a 4G Vita with Remote Play, PS Now, and full access to PlayStation Network services is still in the future somewhere. I still believe in Mobile gaming, and I still believe with just a little effort, Sony can snuggle up right next to Apple and Google in the mobile market via PlayStation. If that happens, then we will never be questioning if games and apps will make their way to th mobile PlayStation Platform.

+ PanTheMan16 on August 17th, 2015 at 3:37 am said:

@KBG29 – Sony said, officially, a LONG time ago, that they were no longer going to support Vita. Give it a rest. It had its run and it’s done. This is not the mobile utopia you are looking for.

+ lightbr on September 12th, 2015 at 1:17 am said:

@PanTheMan16

Sony said officially, a LONG TIME AGO that will no longer support THE OLED VITA, but will continue suuport THE LCD VITA, read correctly the news before state your own opinion or just notice that Sony still launching new Vita models and games.

+ Killabee on August 16th, 2015 at 12:06 pm said:

Very nice

+ nDrakeGames on August 17th, 2015 at 8:22 am said:

There is a petition on Change.org
    To Sony: “Sell separately The Darth Vader edition DualShock 4”
    —> chn.ge/1HRlaCt

+ Butters360 on August 16th, 2015 at 12:07 pm said:

I sense a disturbance in my wallet..

Adam Boyes's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 16th, 2015 at 1:26 pm said:

It’s as if a million billfolds cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

+ SmielmaN on August 16th, 2015 at 12:20 pm said:

I def sense a disturbance in my wallet! I hope they have a good allotment for Amazon.ca so I can preorder mine! I’ve been waiting for the MGSV ps4 to hit NA but this one will now be my second PS4. Boom!!! Great job Sony! Can’t wait!

+ cardsfan4ever68 on August 16th, 2015 at 12:08 pm said:

I want one, will there be a giveaway for1?

+ barbob75 on August 16th, 2015 at 12:08 pm said:

Wow, looks really cool, makes me want to buy another PS4.

+ mthodmn101 on August 16th, 2015 at 12:08 pm said:

Will that controller be sold separately?

Adam Boyes's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 16th, 2015 at 1:30 pm said:

No plans at present.

+ yowzagabowza on August 16th, 2015 at 12:57 pm said:

They never are. It blows my mind that they dont make them available separately. But, im sure if they did, they’d charge like $70 for them. Cuz, yknow, colors.

+ tooldrmn on August 16th, 2015 at 3:23 pm said:

Controller should be sold separately, but it won’t because Playstation doesn’t want more money…I can wish though

+ nDrakeGames on August 17th, 2015 at 8:14 am said:

There’s a petition on Change.org: Sell separately The Darth Vader edition DualShock 4

+ DigitalAutobot on August 19th, 2015 at 6:12 pm said:

If those controllers were sold outside the Limited Edition bundles, I’m sure they would make loads of cash. I know I’d buy a couple for sure.

+ ANGRYFEAR5 on August 16th, 2015 at 12:09 pm said:

When can I pre-order?

Adam Boyes's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 16th, 2015 at 12:47 pm said:

No pre-order or pricing details available yet, but should be coming soon!

+ Hatchetforce on August 18th, 2015 at 2:35 am said:

Sid, I have 3 PS4s in my house and I still want this. Is this going to be one of those instances where the moment it is released, if I am not sitting at my PC hitting refresh every half second on Gamestop, Amazon, and Best Buy, my only hope is going to Ebay and paying $2000? Like many people I am just asking for a measly 24 hour window rather than the less than 30 minutes available that has been the norm on every special edition of anything in gaming outside of the MGSV Collectors Edition.

+ Mercenary09 on August 16th, 2015 at 12:10 pm said:

This is just mind blowing! So freaking awesome!!!! When can I pre order?

Adam Boyes's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 16th, 2015 at 12:47 pm said:

Gld you like it! Preorder info coming soon

+ Jsaco44 on August 16th, 2015 at 12:13 pm said:

Hmmmm. Its a decal on the side of my already black PS4? No thanks. Oh, and cute colored buttons on my already black controller. Still no thanks. Hey you asked….

Adam Boyes's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 16th, 2015 at 12:47 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback! The DualShock 4 colors align with Vader’s chest computer :)

+ Jsaco44 on August 16th, 2015 at 12:22 pm said:

However i will gladly purchase the classics game bundle if available seperately down the line.

+ BreatheCody on August 16th, 2015 at 4:23 pm said:

Don’t forget the Star Wars text all over the top of the console that everyone seems to be missing. Looks like it may be engraved also.

+ Ikusa02 on August 16th, 2015 at 12:13 pm said:

The Emperor will be pleased…

+ Tosteto on August 16th, 2015 at 12:15 pm said:

Will the Classic Bundled with 4 games be available later on the PSN store, or is this exclusive to this bundle only? And do they really have trophies?

Adam Boyes's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 16th, 2015 at 12:48 pm said:

No info on this at present, but will keep you posted

Adam Boyes's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 16th, 2015 at 1:30 pm said:

Yes – you’ll be able to buy the four games separately on PS Store. They’ll have Trophy support, too!

+ Twisted_Ian on August 16th, 2015 at 12:17 pm said:

Just signed in to ask this exact thing, hopefully they reply soon.

+ KBG29 on August 16th, 2015 at 1:50 pm said:

YES! YES! YES! YES!

This is going to be awesome. Used to play all four of these games. Glad I can at least get them on PS4 this holiday. Thanks for making this available to everyone.

+ BurnsyNYY on August 25th, 2015 at 5:55 pm said:

I am really happy to see they are making these games available separately. I have a huge question on my mind and I doubt it will be answered seeing how this article is a week old; will we see Super Empire Strikes Back and Super Return of the Jedi having re-releases as well? As a person who grew up playing all 3, it would feel weird to only have one. But we have seen some good things lately; the highlights for me we’re seeing this article and seeing Super Star Wars being available again and Capcom announcing their Resident Evil 2 remake after years of fans asking. I hope we see Empire and Jedi get the same treatment. Thank you for the info, Mr. Sid Shuman.

+ Valde_zerocool on August 16th, 2015 at 12:17 pm said:

Will the controller be available separately? Oh yeah and the remastered games?

+ nDrakeGames on August 17th, 2015 at 4:27 pm said:

Nope but there’s a petition to Sony: “Sell separately The Darth Vader edition DualShock 4”
    Find on Change.org

+ JohnFazio3 on August 16th, 2015 at 12:18 pm said:

Price?

+ RCU005 on August 16th, 2015 at 12:20 pm said:

I don’t understand the logic from Sony. You were able to make the analog sticks and buttons white for this version, but not for the WHITE controller? Why is it that only Nintendo can do colored consoles correctly? Anyways…

I do like this bundle. However, is it going to be the new all matte finish, or will it be the normal glossy HDD cover?

I get very confused with the new model since it seems that it’s replacing the original, but there hasn’t been an official announcement yet?

+ Juststeveplease on August 16th, 2015 at 12:25 pm said:

I since great performance in the force!

+ paulogy on August 16th, 2015 at 12:37 pm said:

Very nice, Adam!

More and more it’s clear the decision to make the PS4 faceplate flat and interchangeable was a brilliant one. It has given rise to all of these cool official bundles, and I can imagine that’s only helping to boost the already impressive sales of the console.

+ McBoss808 on August 16th, 2015 at 12:40 pm said:

I want Racer Revenge now!!! Will it be released sooner than this bundle?!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on August 16th, 2015 at 12:48 pm said:

Are those PS2 games…..playable on PS4? Does that mean PS1 and PS2 classics are coming to PS4 this Fall? Please say yes.

+ Goodacre0081 on August 16th, 2015 at 1:10 pm said:

no, those are being redone specifically. what it probably means is PS1/PS2 backwards compatibility is never coming.

+ niobium01 on August 16th, 2015 at 12:50 pm said:

The force is strong in this one.

+ honkayjeezus on August 16th, 2015 at 12:50 pm said:

Who needs new first party titles when you shove out money for this?

/sarcasm

+ cowgirlup1 on August 16th, 2015 at 12:51 pm said:

Unbelievable. I grew up watching all the STAR WARS. I am definitely getting another PS4. Is it only available through SONY ONLINE or at a local GAMESTOP? I need to know so I can PRE ORDER as soon as it is available for purchase. THANKS

+ buczanova on August 16th, 2015 at 12:51 pm said:

Will we be able to buy this DualShock separately?

+ princemohamed on September 12th, 2015 at 8:18 am said:

I hope so, because as much as the PS4 looks awesome, I don’t have another $450 to buy it. I would gladly spend up to $75 on a controller like that though.

+ arcticjim on August 16th, 2015 at 12:53 pm said:

I already have a ps4 but I’ll be trying to get the voucher for the 4 games! Star Wars Bounty Hunter is awesome!

+ Goodacre0081 on August 16th, 2015 at 1:09 pm said:

so is this your way of saying PS/PS2 games will never be Backward Compatible?

+ honkayjeezus on August 16th, 2015 at 6:06 pm said:

Yeah, I wasn’t understanding that. Why not just have it, at the very least, that if you have the game on PSN via PS or PS2 classics then you own the same PS4 port.

+ Hell-RaizeR on August 16th, 2015 at 1:17 pm said:

Welp, looks like I will have to work a little overtime. If I can even pre-order one..

+ JakeFelix101 on August 16th, 2015 at 1:18 pm said:

Please tell me the controller will also be sold as a stand alone.

+ Narius_04 on August 16th, 2015 at 1:21 pm said:

The Force is guiding me to acquire this PS4 unit. I hope I get a chance to pre-order it before it’s “sold out” due to scalpers.

+ brokeheart44 on August 16th, 2015 at 1:22 pm said:

Will the four classics be available to purchase without the bundle?

Adam Boyes's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 16th, 2015 at 1:30 pm said:

Yep!

+ darkside4125 on August 16th, 2015 at 1:34 pm said:

cant wait to replay those great classics

+ Mr_KNIGHTRIDER on August 16th, 2015 at 1:36 pm said:

oh no….looks like i’m going to own two PS4’s, i have to get this!……..the wife is on board with this also. RESULT!! ;)

+ gilbrann on August 16th, 2015 at 1:39 pm said:

When caan we pre order this

+ EdReedFan20 on August 16th, 2015 at 1:43 pm said:

Two questions. You probably can’t answer either of them, but here goes: 1. Three of the four games were PS2 games. Is this indication of native PS2 support on PS4 (either via emulation or disc) or were they specifically reworked for PS4? Also, can we expect Super The Empire Strikes Back and Super Return of the Jedi to come also at some point?

+ KBG29 on August 16th, 2015 at 1:55 pm said:

I really hope the other 2 games end up making their way to PS4, and eventually Vita. The whole series of games on NES were just a blast to play. I think I have played through all of them like 20 times a piece. Probably end up doing the same thing agian.

The is no way to express how excited I am about this.

+ SuperShouden on August 16th, 2015 at 1:46 pm said:

Super Star Wars is a classic SNES game. The other 3 games are from PS2. These are the first PS2 titles to make the jump to PS4. Remember, that FFVII PC Port is supposed to jump to PS4 eventually as well. I sense a disturbance in PS Now. And, with FFVII also having trophies, trophy support could be a new thing with classic titles. And with Xbox One getting backwards compatibility with support for permanently buying classic titles, it makes sense for PS Now to be upgraded to follow suit. And adding trophy support to older games just sweetens the deal.

+ KBG29 on August 16th, 2015 at 1:59 pm said:

I think at some point Sony will have to switch now over to an x86/GCN style server which can emulate PS3 and offer PS4 games as well. Probably a few years down the road, but I expect at some point in time, you will be able to buy a game and have access to it nativly and via PS Now from day one. Basically making every game playable on every PS Now enabled device. This is the only way a transition from physical local games, to cloud based streaming is going to happen smoothly.

+ gerneric123 on August 16th, 2015 at 4:23 pm said:

The first PS2 game to hit PS4 was Final Fantasy X and X-2 with Legend of Kay following shortly after.

+ Orpheus_Aeons on August 16th, 2015 at 11:55 pm said:

You people are so naive (at best). -_-

I get it: this Xmas you will be asking Santa Claus for PS Now’s demise. At least in its current form.

Yeah…NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Like it or not…PS Now IS A SUCCESS. Right now. So no reason for them to “change” anything.

So stop daydreaming about some magical “change” that will bring BC to PS4. That’s NOT gonna happen. Especially when all these [censored] are doing backflips for all these “new” consoles like if they were Holy Relics.

Also…it’s NOT Sony who’s behind all this. This is all DISNEY trying to milk every last drop out of SW. That’s why they decided to REMADE all those classics.
    Again…and pay attention this time: THESE ARE NOT OLD GAMES. THESE ARE ALL NEW VERSIONS (sort of) OF THOSE CLASSICS. So there’s NO EMULATION INVOLVED. >_>

+ Orpheus_Aeons on August 16th, 2015 at 11:59 pm said:

So one more time…enough with all the “yeah, PS Now will be dead for sure if they don’t allow BC or the ability to play whatever the heck I want forever” pathetic speech. They are NOT gonna do BC. Simply because currently they don’t need it.

If they want money…they can just put some cool sticker on the side of an old PS4…and change some of the DS4’s colors…and a lot of fanboys will go like zombies to throw money at them. SMH

This kind of dumb (and I’m being nice) behavior is why we now have a COMPULSORY PS+. *sigh*

+ Orpheus_Aeons on August 17th, 2015 at 12:00 am said:

If they want money…they can just put some cool sticker on the side of an old PS4…and change some of the DS4’s colors…and a lot of F-boys will go like zombies to throw money at them. SMH

+ drd7of14 on August 17th, 2015 at 6:30 am said:

For those that don’t have a PS4 yet, it’s an awesome purchase! It doesn’t try to be something too off putting, keeps the style of the PS4, but adds a little bit more. I thought that more recent Blue Xbox One looked quite unimpressive, and stood out too much in comparison. So far…The best PS4 has been the MGS V one. It has so much class, fits the theme, and is a hot little console. That dark red it uses is perfect. The Destiny: The Taken King one is pretty cool, and now this are tied for 2nd place. This controller is really nice looking, and I love the shine that it has compared to other DS4 controllers. Definitely feeling the Vader with this one.

It’s not just a sticker, or some off-colored buttons, so it’s quite annoying when that’s all people say about it. It happens all the time. The fact is, if it looks good, it looks good. It’s not an extra $500 for the console, it’s typically $500 total for these, which would make this a steal with Battlefront/Disney Infinity and those 4 excellent games. I hope the controllers get a sale as well, cause it would fit in quite nice with my Original Black PS4.

Let idiots be idiots and haters be haters…Let thinkers be thinkers and lovers be lovers…

+ arsenal74 on August 16th, 2015 at 1:53 pm said:

Ok on the YouTube official video I have just seen it says 1TB????

+ Ry-Dog on August 16th, 2015 at 1:53 pm said:

Will that controller be sold separately from the PS4 bundle.

#StarWarsTheCloneWarsPS2onPSstore

+ Ry-Dog on August 16th, 2015 at 2:24 pm said:

I forgot to mention earlier

With Star Wars Jedi Starfighter being included with the bundle via voucher, does that mean that game will come to the PlayStation Store as a PS2 classic to play on PS3.

I already own Racer Revenge & Bounty Hunter as PS2 classics, and I also own Super Star Wars on the Wii Virtual Console.

+ nDrakeGames on August 17th, 2015 at 3:44 am said:

Please Sony, sell separately The Darth Vader edition DualShock 4!! (Petition: http://chn.ge/1HRlaCt )

+ arsenal74 on August 16th, 2015 at 1:55 pm said:

If it’s 1TB I will be buying the Star Wars ps4 themed bundle and sell my old PS4. Of course I pray it’s a decent price. But another 500GB one??? I don’t know

+ RmaLamaDingDong5 on August 16th, 2015 at 1:55 pm said:

Are there special system sound effects like the Star Wars X360? Or is this simply a sticker on the side of the console and a colorful controller?

+ arsenal74 on August 16th, 2015 at 2:06 pm said:

That’s what I wanna know. A dynamic awesome theme that changes all the sounds would be awesome

+ gerneric123 on August 16th, 2015 at 2:01 pm said:

pls bring the two KOTOR games to vita

+ RVP1026 on August 16th, 2015 at 2:03 pm said:

Yes! My friend kept telling me to get a PS4 and I told him there would be one with a Star Wars design on it. Yes! I cannot wait til Battlefront!

+ FATHASUN on August 16th, 2015 at 2:12 pm said:

Wasn’t crazy about the controller but it is growing on me. Maybe should’ve made the circle button into a Death Star.

Imagine a Tie Fighter Themed Vita Bundled alongside this. And a surprise Single Player Campaign!. ….. I know, I know.. I’m reaching..

+ FATHASUN on August 16th, 2015 at 2:15 pm said:

Or the Controller couldve been themed like a Tie Fighter and the Vita themed like a Death Star. Which would be cosmically ironic.

+ Twitch341 on August 16th, 2015 at 2:13 pm said:

Please remake republic cammando! I would buy this while bundle instantly for republic commando, just saying.

+ Twitch341 on August 16th, 2015 at 2:13 pm said:

Whole*

+ Oso_Loco669 on August 16th, 2015 at 2:24 pm said:

Sorry Bungie, i’m am so going to cancel my Taking king edition console for this one. Star Wars for life.

+ LionAlliance on August 16th, 2015 at 2:43 pm said:

Wow, Super Star Wars?!! AWESOME!! LOVE THAT GAME :D!! Any plans for the other ones like Empire and Return?!

+ madmanwithabox12 on August 16th, 2015 at 2:46 pm said:

I’ll be disappointed if none of those four classics are available on Vita. =/

+ drd7of14 on August 17th, 2015 at 6:41 am said:

Prepare to be dissapointed, unless you mean Remote Play :D…

-_-…

:(….

);,,,,,,

+ Rivithed on August 16th, 2015 at 2:50 pm said:

That is sick! Nice. Would’ve loved a red power stripe. But I’ll take it!!! Thanks for bringing this awesome bundle! *****

+ cmdluke on August 16th, 2015 at 2:53 pm said:

I don’t normally do LE consoles, but I NEED this. When can I pre-order?

+ MetroidMatthew on August 16th, 2015 at 2:55 pm said:

Guess I’m giving my current PS4 to my brother.

+ ZanFear on August 16th, 2015 at 2:56 pm said:

Is it a physical copy of Battlefront that’s included? The 4 classic games specified digital voucher but not for Battlefront. I’d much rather have a physical copy, and I would 100% finally get my PS4 right away in this case!

+ solo8 on August 16th, 2015 at 3:05 pm said:

Pretty slick way to unload the last of the 500 GB models. I would get it, but I want the updated 1 TB model. Depending on the price, I could just upgrade the hard drive, but will this be the new cooler running system with lower power consumption? I can’t see buying the obsolete design.

+ Potters1fan on August 16th, 2015 at 3:18 pm said:

Now this is so awesome!! If I didn’t have a ps4, I’d get it! If my best friend didn’t have a ps4, I’d buy it for him! Maybe I’ll still get it. I’ll keep an eye on amazon.

PAGE 1 2 3 4