The Last Guardian

Aug 28

Aug 28

Star Wars Comes to Minecraft Today

Owen Hill's Avatar Posted by Mojang

skinpackstarwarsclassic_ps4screenshot_01_v2_20712300309_o

Two Star Wars skin packs have just arrived on PlayStation consoles! Disney Interactive, Lucasfilm, and Microsoft have teamed up and created over 70 new skins for the platform. Use the buttons on your controller, navigate through PlayStation Store to find the pack, then click the button. It’s easy!

The Classic Skin Pack includes seven versions of Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, Leia Organa, plus some fan favourites including Greedo, Admiral Ackbar, and even a Wampa.

The Star Wars Rebels pack gives you the chance to play as Ezra Bridger, Hera Syndulla, Chopper, and more from Ghost’s crew.

Download away, crafter folk!

Add Your Own

Dethfuse said:

August 28th, 6:36 am

Awesome skins. But the mention of micro$oft through me off.

GooieGreen said:

August 28th, 6:46 am

Well, they would be mentioned as MS bought the developer in the not-too-distant past :P Agreed, though, it is strange to see, especially with all of the console war nonsense from the past few years.

fireburn95 said:

August 28th, 7:22 am

Haha console war over! MS wins! This is why ms bought minecraft, just to get their name on the PlayStation Blog! We’re cursed af now! It’s over its all over! Sony don’t bother releasing uncharted, just throw the source code in the bin! The generation is over! Over! My green friends from across the sea have won!

anderox1 said:

August 28th, 12:21 pm

Is that why Sony is doubling MS in console sales?

TwinDad said:

August 28th, 8:08 am

@Mojang,

Some reason you do not mention price?

FeistFan said:

August 31st, 11:47 am

It seems to be a blog tradition never to mention price except for sale announcements. I think it’s insane – personally, I think they ought to have a rule to NEVER publish an “it’s out” announcement unless the announcement includes the price. I’d go so far as to add that rule to anything coming out in less than 30 days. If you don’t want to announce the price, don’t announce the product.

To be fair, they’ve started announcing prices a little more often than they used to – but as this example proves, it’s not as common as it ought to be.

PsychoCircus69 said:

August 28th, 8:52 am

This is an ista-buy for me, except I’m not seeing them on the store yet :(

Craazy said:

August 28th, 9:08 am

Cross buy?

Apgallardo_ said:

August 28th, 9:29 am

Awesome! I’ve been waiting for this skin pack since it was first announced. The one question I have though is when does it go live? I cannot seem to find it in the PlayStation store.

Mecha-Samurai said:

August 28th, 10:11 am

Where are they? I have gone through the store a few times.

Bobman461 said:

August 28th, 1:14 pm

I bought them from the store and downloaded but its not giving me access to them in the game! Ah well. Enjoy my money!

ttnttt said:

August 29th, 1:59 pm

Yo, you may need to reinstall game. I had similar issues with content additions for TLOU Remastered. That was a beast of a wait let me tell you.

ttnttt said:

August 29th, 2:03 pm

What is with the wording here. “Hey gamers, this how you navigate to the exact place where we don’t mention cost, right? Right…? Strange….., hmmm?

x_IRISH_BULL_x said:

August 29th, 7:44 pm

This is great, but servers would be hella better. This game really needs to be just like the PC version, or very close. No reason it’s not.

jemin0119 said: