Farpoint

Sep 01

20852582259_b81b0918bb_h

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Coming to PS4 in Early October

20852582259_b81b0918bb_h

Mathew Everett's Avatar Posted by on Sep 01, 2015 // Community Manager

Ever since we revealed Star Wars Battlefront at Star Wars Celebration, you’ve been asking us if there would be a Beta. Today, we are thrilled to finally be able to answer that question, and the answer is yes!

Coming in early October to PS4, the Star Wars Battlefront Beta is a technical test and will feature Walker Assault on Hoth, a 40-player multiplayer battle featuring Rebels and the Empire. Walker Assault will also give you the chance to play as two of the most iconic characters in the Star Wars universe: Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. The Beta will also feature our Survival Mission on Tatooine, where you and a Rebel friend must fight back waves of Imperial forces.

Star Wars Battlefront

In addition to those two modes, we are excited to reveal a brand-new mode that will be available in the Beta, Drop Zone. We’ll be sharing more details on Drop Zone in the weeks ahead.

As part of the Star Wars Battlefront Beta we are also happy to reveal the Star Wars Battlefront Companion experience. Available during the Beta on the official site, the Star Wars Battlefront Companion experience features the strategic card game Base Command, and lets you earn in-game Credits that unlock Star Cards, weapons, and more in Star Wars Battlefront.

In addition to Base Command, the Companion also lets Rebels and Imperials alike check game stats and progression, customize loadouts and appearance, connect with friends, and get notified when they’re playing Star Wars Battlefront — as well as gather intel on their stats and progression so you can see how you match up! The Star Wars Battlefront Companion will be available on web, the Apple App Store and Google Play store prior to the release of Star Wars Battlefront on November 17th.

We’ll have a lot more info regarding the Star Wars Battlefront Beta in the weeks ahead, so be sure to stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog, follow us on social, and sign-up for our newsletter to get all the latest news.

+ Dethfuse on September 1st, 2015 at 8:03 am said:

I’m most likely getting the game anyways but its awesome I’ll get to try it out earlier. Maybe it’ll help convince some of my friends to get it with me.

+ TheCraZyCloWn on September 1st, 2015 at 12:09 pm said:

I cant wait to try the beta

+ KANE-FIRE on September 1st, 2015 at 8:08 am said:

I will try to follow this. Still not sure if i will get the game (need to test it first).

+ MartBangz on September 1st, 2015 at 8:10 am said:

Same here I’m still not sure about this game.

+ alf_aguilera on September 1st, 2015 at 4:06 pm said:

agree

+ tusunami on September 1st, 2015 at 8:10 am said:

So I’m curious when do we get to sign up for the amazing experience.

Mathew Everett's Avatar

+ Mathew Everett on September 2nd, 2015 at 11:59 am said:

Gaining access to the beta is not hinged to anything. You will be able to claim access on your PlayStation 4 once it is made available.

Thanks
    Mathew Everett
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Manager
    @Sledgehammer70

+ Pirocho on September 1st, 2015 at 10:37 am said:

Pre-order i bet ;)

+ Bellalara on September 1st, 2015 at 8:12 am said:

I’m still unsure about this game but hopefully I can get into the beta and try it out.

+ airJordan_Xx on September 1st, 2015 at 8:13 am said:

Is it a open beta or do you need to preorder to get in the beta

Mathew Everett's Avatar

+ Mathew Everett on September 2nd, 2015 at 12:00 pm said:

It will be open to everyone.

Thanks
    Mathew Everett
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Manager
    @Sledgehammer70

+ StingrayX on September 1st, 2015 at 8:13 am said:

Awesome…I was already getting the game…but a beta?! Yes Please!

+ UghRochester on September 1st, 2015 at 8:14 am said:

Hot dog am I glad to read this! Still, wish I would receive my gifts from the PlayStation E3 experience. Only got the $5 PS Store code.

+ AirMaxPenny on September 1st, 2015 at 8:16 am said:

Is this a fully open Beta to all PSN members, or is this only for people who pre-ordered of the digital game?

+ tusunami on September 1st, 2015 at 8:17 am said:

A lot of people are probably not sure about the game. But that is why there is a beta Lol.

+ Bellalara on September 1st, 2015 at 8:22 am said:

Yup I think it’s a great idea that they’re doing this :) If they opened it up to the whole PS Nation like Black Ops 3 that would be even more awesome

+ DarthSmurfX on September 1st, 2015 at 8:19 am said:

I am so stinkin’ excited for this!!! But… my poor Nathan Drake Collection will feel neglected now.

+ Cerebus115 on September 1st, 2015 at 8:30 am said:

Please let it be like Black Ops III and not require Playstation Plus to play…..

+ Zanao on September 1st, 2015 at 9:12 am said:

You know that you’ll need PS+ to play BO3 online, and Battlefront online anyways right?

+ TheChromeKnight on September 2nd, 2015 at 5:29 am said:

+zanao i think he was talking about playing the game at all not just multiplayer experience of course that that will require ps plus.

+ l337AZN on September 1st, 2015 at 8:50 am said:

RAAAAWWWWRRRRRRRRRR (Tie Fighter flyby)

+ gema11981 on September 1st, 2015 at 9:05 am said:

Why? I don’t even know who they are so why would I support them.

+ LiteraryGamer on September 1st, 2015 at 9:07 am said:

Id love to be able to post/see gameplay on Twitch and YouTube during the beta.

Mathew Everett's Avatar

+ Mathew Everett on September 2nd, 2015 at 12:03 pm said:

You will 100% be able to do that.

Thanks
    Mathew Everett
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Manager
    @Sledgehammer70

+ jchill001 on September 1st, 2015 at 9:11 am said:

How would we access the beta? Will it just show up one day for anyone to download? Or is there a requirement?

Mathew Everett's Avatar

+ Mathew Everett on September 2nd, 2015 at 12:06 pm said:

We will reveal the full details on how to access the beta soon, but ti will be open to everyone who has access to the PS Store.

Thanks
    Mathew Everett
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Manager
    @Sledgehammer70

+ MercWithAMouth4W on September 1st, 2015 at 9:19 am said:

Is it an open or closed beta? So excited!

+ cmdluke on September 1st, 2015 at 9:19 am said:

Yay awesome. How do we get access to the beta? And when can I ore-order that sweet battlefront ps4 bundle?

+ AxlTheHunter on September 1st, 2015 at 9:22 am said:

Awesome news! as has been asked already, can we get an update as to whether this is an open or closed beta?

+ ScienceGuy399 on September 1st, 2015 at 9:23 am said:

Please remove the companion “experience” as a requirement for any in-game unlocks. Stats, loadouts, and social features is fine. I have no idea what “Star Cards” are and no problem with a card game so long as it isn’t an arbitrary in-game content wall. The only place I should be unlocking new stuff is in-game. No exceptions, please.

+ gor1llap1mp on September 1st, 2015 at 9:24 am said:

Keep it on TOPIC please!

+ IzoGray on September 1st, 2015 at 9:52 am said:

Will we need PS+ to play the beta? I really don’t support paid multiplayer.
+ should have been there for different reasons. It’s pretty garbage for many people who like to use the little no spare time they have for gaming on multiplayer games.

+ Spazz3870 on September 1st, 2015 at 12:12 pm said:

Multiplayer is the best way to play games anymore and what most do , I have alot of spare time but i don’t sit in front of a TV playing video games 7 days a week either lol maybe 2 times at most a week for an hour or 2 , I’m still a plus member too , hell ya get discounts and alot of other goodies so it pays for itself pretty much.

+ Otisdogs79 on September 1st, 2015 at 12:16 pm said:

Good thing nobody cares about your opinion…..

+ NervousScarab on September 1st, 2015 at 2:28 pm said:

Amen….. i just dont get these singleplayer only gamers…. i am 32, father of 5, in school and work almost 40hrs a week and dont have time to go to pub or over anywhere but i socialize through gaming online. Some people i actually know personally! It is more than gaming we are all friends and kill **** together when any of us are able to get on. I find it super boring to blast through 70 dollar game in less than 40hrs and have no replayability accept to get a trophy that has no benefit and then nothing else to do. But a game with a good 10+ hrs of decent enjoyable story and a multiplayer side that only persists for thw same price valuable and more enjoyable cuz i also dont feel cheated!

PS: dont get me goin on how it is the norm for all game types being released in a broken state is craptastic!

+ Benno_Jonson on September 1st, 2015 at 10:41 am said:

I always do

+ Welmosca on September 1st, 2015 at 12:12 pm said:

Basically no information at all.I’m interested in how we will be able to participate in the beta…seeing how full of bulls*** betas are nowadays one can only worry.I’m really interested in the game and would really like to try out the beta so please EA and Dice don’t screw it up.

+ CHIEFCEEF69 on September 1st, 2015 at 2:25 pm said:

Will it be free or do you have to preorder the game like what blacktops did with there beta

Mathew Everett's Avatar

+ Mathew Everett on September 2nd, 2015 at 12:09 pm said:

You DO NOT need to pre-order. Our beta is open to everyone.

Thanks
    Mathew Everett
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Manager
    @Sledgehammer70

+ Kai_Allard-Liao on September 1st, 2015 at 3:17 pm said:

All of the people asking/complaining if the beta will require PS Plus…why shouldn’t it? You’ll need PS Plus to play the ACTUAL game. The game has no single player mode and the offline split screen missions will not be enough for anyone to buy the game without multiplayer.

Someone who is unwilling to part with $50/year for plus has no business being interested in a multiplayer focused game!

+ NuklearRaver on September 1st, 2015 at 7:06 pm said:

This is useless information without details on how to sign up.

Ps. I hope that they jettison the companion app. Those things have a 0% chance at success.

Mathew Everett's Avatar

+ Mathew Everett on September 2nd, 2015 at 12:14 pm said:

Hey NuklearRaver,

The companion app is not required but is a great way to engage with Star Wars Battlefront when your not in front of your PlayStation 4.

But to address your concern. The Beta is going to be open to all. So once it is made available in early October, you simply just need to download the beta and jump in and play.

Thanks
    Mathew Everett
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Manager
    @Sledgehammer70

+ ScabrousScrotus on September 1st, 2015 at 8:05 pm said:

Does Survival have matchmaking? I don’t have friends.

+ woodenfreakbot on September 1st, 2015 at 9:16 pm said:

I think giving the players a beta to try out is a good idea because that way the developers can use the feedback of the players to improve their game before release. It’s also good for the player because then they can decide if they like the game or not before wasting $60 of their hard earned money.

Ps: I heard it’s supposed to be an open beta but I’m not sure if that is true.

+ Perrinoid_ on September 1st, 2015 at 10:25 pm said:

I’m already sold on the game lol anything involving Star Wars and I am first in line. Beta should be an exciting preview of things to come.

+ asbjorn1106 on September 1st, 2015 at 10:45 pm said:

I actually don’t care if the game suck or don’t! I’m going to buy it anyway!! I mean come on its freaking STAR WARS… Every body love Star Wars

+ cvgamefreak on September 2nd, 2015 at 2:18 am said:

Do you need to sign up for the beta in order to play it? if so where can i do that

+ CaptainRageQuitX on September 2nd, 2015 at 3:46 am said:

With EA the beta is an alpha and the full game is a beta!

+ DRunkNsnipR-FTw_ on September 2nd, 2015 at 5:09 am said:

I loved the first 2 games on Playstation 2 so really excited for the new one and the beta takes place on Hoth my favorite map on PS2

+ YeahItsme2003 on September 2nd, 2015 at 8:01 am said:

HEAVY BREATHING…

+ YeahItsme2003 on September 2nd, 2015 at 8:04 am said:

{SHAKING INTENSIFIES}

+ YeahItsme2003 on September 2nd, 2015 at 8:06 am said:

{INTENSITY INTENSIFIES}

+ Kevin_M_SongOK on September 2nd, 2015 at 4:54 pm said:

I can’t wait to play this game! Will there be solo play, for those who don’t have great internet service?

+ fluffylaner on September 2nd, 2015 at 5:45 pm said:

Hey how long until we can preorder the battlefront console it’s been awhile and I wanted to know if it’s still a thing because if it isn’t going to happen then I would like to know so I can buy a normal console

+ S-A-Z-A-R on September 2nd, 2015 at 6:48 pm said:

Been excited for the game for a while now. Already have the pre-ordered. But now I get to see if the game is going to be worth investing in. Very happy to hear this.

+ kethrah on September 3rd, 2015 at 1:54 pm said:

Is this coming for the PS3 or only the ps4.

+ ArtyBarfuncle on September 3rd, 2015 at 10:31 pm said:

Think its only for the next gen consoles

+ ArtyBarfuncle on September 3rd, 2015 at 10:29 pm said:

I got a PS4 when it first come out and i got it just for this game now i have to get a StarWars PS4, I cant wait too play this beta…..

+ CaptainNox on September 3rd, 2015 at 11:02 pm said:

So excited, cant wait to play this awesome game.