Spider-Man PS4

Sep 14

Sep 14

Assassin’s Creed Series Coming to PlayStation Now Subscriptions

James Martin's Avatar Posted by Director of Marketing, PS Now

The Assassins are coming to PlayStation Now! Starting tomorrow, five epic Assassin’s Creed titles will launch on the subscription service.

This release includes the PS3 versions of the first five games in the series — Assassin’s Creed, Assassin’s Creed II, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Assassin’s Creed Revelations, and Assassin’s Creed III — each of which explores a unique, deeply immersive chapter in the Assassin’s struggle to save humankind from domination by the Knights Templar.

With the upcoming launch of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate on the near horizon, there’s never been a better time to discover — or rediscover — each of the games in this blockbuster franchise.

Assassin’s Creed

Assassin’s Creed was the game that started it all. The game is set in 1191 AD, when the Third Crusade was tearing the Holy Land apart. Shrouded in secrecy and feared for their ruthlessness, the Assassins intend to stop the hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict. Players, assuming the role of the main character Altair, will have the power to throw their immediate environment into chaos and to shape events during this pivotal moment in history.

Assassin’s Creed II

Assassin’s Creed II is an epic story of brotherhood, vengeance, and conspiracy set in the pristine yet brutal backdrop of 15th century Renaissance Italy. The new hero of the game, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, befriends Leonardo da Vinci, takes on Florence’s most powerful families, and ventures throughout the canals of Venice where he learns to become a Master Assassin.

Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood

Live and breathe as a legendary master Assassin, armed with your own guild to lead and customize. Set directly after the events of Assassin’s Creed II in the most historical city in the world, Rome, Ezio plots to strike at the heart of the Templar Order. Brotherhood is the first Assassin’s Creed game to introduce a multiplayer layer that allows you to embody an assassin of your choosing — from among 16 different character classes, each with their own distinct weapons, moves, and abilities.

Assassin’s Creed Revelations

In Assassin’s Creed Revelations, master assassin Ezio Auditore walks in the footsteps of the legendary mentor Altair, on a journey of discovery and revelation. It is a perilous path — one that will take Ezio to Constantinople, the heart of the Ottoman Empire, where a growing army of Templars threatens to destabilize the region.

In addition to Ezio’s award-winning story, a refined and expanded online multiplayer experience returns with more modes, more maps, and more characters, allowing you to test your assassin skills against others from around the world.

Assassin’s Creed III

The American Colonies, 1775 — it’s a time of civil unrest and political upheaval in the Americas. As a Native American Assassin fights to protect his land and his people, he will ignite the flames of a young nation’s revolution. In Assassin’s Creed III, you will be challenged to eliminate your enemies with an array of new weapons including guns, bows, tomahawks, and trusty hidden blades.

We’re very excited to add these five blockbuster Assassin’s Creed games to our ever-expanding library of PlayStation Now games. Click here to start your 7-Day Free Trial and experience games like never before!

Thanks!

Add Your Own

Sangue_Nusoio said:

September 14th, 11:04 am

When PSNow is coming to Brazil and other countries?
It will surelly boost ps4 sales.
Thanks
PS: I hope the new AC have present plot.. unity was money burning

PatricioUSA said:

September 14th, 5:31 pm

It isn’t even out in Europe and you want it in South America? You and I will have to wait a long time for that to happen.

syko13 said:

September 14th, 11:06 am

Any chance of Rouge or Liberation HD coming to NOW or PS4?

airJordan_Xx said:

September 14th, 11:07 am

Awesome this is what I’m talking about now only if we can get dead space bio shock and just cause series on ps now subscription model I would be so happy

James Martin's Avatar

James Martin said:

September 14th, 11:17 am

Thanks Syko13 — “This is what I’m talking about!” (I’ll be quoting this one all day.)

James Martin's Avatar

James Martin said:

September 14th, 11:28 am

My bad airJordan_Xx – still getting use to flying this blog. ;)

airJordan_Xx said:

September 14th, 11:24 am

Thanks you got the name wrong but thanks for replying oh and I forgot my faviorte series far cry:)

CrusaderForever said:

September 14th, 11:08 am

Nice, this is good to know. I never played Brotherhood or Revelations. I’ll give PSNow a shot when Sony offers some bonus rewards points for trying the trial.

James Martin's Avatar

James Martin said:

September 14th, 11:26 am

Both great games! Hope you get the chance to play them. With Syndicate coming out October 23rd, it’s a great time to play them. Also, just in case you didn’t know, the PlayStation Now 7-day trial is free. Hope you’ll give it a shot!

mitchbel1996 said:

September 14th, 11:17 am

Amazing added value to the PS Now subscription, but too bad it doesn’t include Rogue since there’s no way to play this game on PS4.

James Martin's Avatar

James Martin said:

September 14th, 11:33 am

Thanks – Assassin’s Creed is an amazing franchise with so many great games. We’re glad we could bring these 5 games to the service.

Sangetsu-II said:

September 14th, 11:21 am

Now that’s what I’m talking about. This is how you make people pay $20-$45 a month for the service, with big AAA games. I love the way how you guys are bringing in series to PS Now like the beginning of September with the Pixel Junk Series or like you did with The GoW series and now with Assasin’s Creed, Can we get the Ratchet & Clank complete series next it would mean the world to me to play all 10 titles on PS Now. Keep up the good work.

James Martin's Avatar

James Martin said:

September 14th, 12:04 pm

Thanks – it’s all about the games! The service has some pretty amazing games and franchises: God of War, PixelJunk, Assassin’s Creed (and too many to list here really). Just to clarify about pricing, the monthly subscription is $19.99 and the 3-month subscription is $44.99 (about $15 per month).

Sangetsu-II said:

September 14th, 11:46 am

Yeah, thanks again for listening to our suggestions. Also, I am a monthly subscriber to PS Now, so tomorrow I’m going to enjoy the new series. Hopefully we get more in the future ;)

James Martin's Avatar

James Martin said:

September 14th, 12:06 pm

Thanks for supporting the service, Sangetsu-II –and glad to hear you’ll be checking out the games tomorrow.

sealum01 said:

September 14th, 11:55 am

I *LOVE* Playstation Now!! I’m so glad that it’s consistently getting a variety of software, and the Assassin’s Creed series is a huge plus! I’m hoping that Mass Effect 3 will find its way to the service so that I can play Mass Effect 2 and 3 in succession prior to Andromeda.

Keep up the great work guys! Playstation Now changes the game.

James Martin's Avatar

James Martin said:

September 14th, 12:10 pm

Glad to hear it!! Another great quote for the day! (“PlayStation Now changes the game.”) You guys are on a roll! Keep the feedback coming. :D

stevenomes said:

September 14th, 4:44 pm

I’d be looking forward to that too. i actually was so desperate to play mass effect 2 that i did the $17.99 rental. it was worth it though for one of my favorite games ever. if somehow we could get mass effect trilogy. omg! Assassins creed series is a great start though. the games were already on there but also had the same $17.99 rental model. Id like to play them again as i dont have any of the achievements coming from xbox360!

ColtCallamity said:

September 14th, 12:57 pm

Cool, I would check these out once PlayStation lowers their subscription prices. Too expenses and don’t think it is quite worth it at this time.

Keep up the good work though Sony

gohan16ken said:

September 14th, 1:02 pm

I will never support PS Now. I refuse to pay for games I already own digitally. Sony exec says consumers do not care about bc yet they release older games on ps classic and ps now. Clearly, there is a market for this. Instead of giving it to me at no additional cost, sony wants me to pay for it. That is wrong.

Ry-Dog said:

September 14th, 3:11 pm

I agree with you Gohan16Ken, PS Now should be more like Itunes & PS Video and not like Netflix & Redbox.

The rental service is a nice feature to have (I myself have been wanting to rent Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for 90 days & Sonic 06 if SEGA plans on bringing that game to the service), but some of us like you & me want to buy the games (like the Assassin’s Creed games) so we don’t have to keep on paying more money by renting them all the time.

theNsquad said:

September 15th, 11:34 am

i hear you there sony needs to just give us PS3 emulation in our PS4’s

Superstone said:

September 14th, 3:21 pm

Just make ps4 backwards compatible

Welmosca said:

September 15th, 12:23 am

Amen.

xxgravdigrxx said:

September 19th, 1:29 pm

Backwards compatability consoles won’t happen. Selling used last Gen consoles is a big business. I’m sure Sony has deals with places like eb and gamestop. If ps4 was backwards compatable with ps3 the ps3 prices would go in the toilet and companies that sell used consoles would take a huge hit. Comsole companies want you to have as many generations of their consoles as possible. Plus then they couldn’t charge for ports of previous Gen games ie. The god of war collection when gow3 came out on ps3 and they ported the previous ps2 go games over.

IAMLEGEGEND33 said:

September 14th, 4:32 pm

What I can’t stand about PS now games is that they don’t include the dlc,and there was alot of dlc for these games.

Ry-Dog said:

September 14th, 4:50 pm

I agree with you with that. DLC not included with PS Now games is the thing that really bugs me about the service more than not being able to buy the games.

Killzone 3, Uncharted 2&3, Ultra Street Fighter IV and many others have DLC. If I wanted to play Uncharted 2 through PS Now, I would want to have access to that game’s multiplayer maps, skin packs, & golden weapons pack.

IAMLEGEGEND33 said:

September 14th, 4:33 pm

The problem I have with PS now games is no dlc.

IAMLEGEGEND33 said:

September 14th, 4:34 pm

Ignore the second comment,sorry

Dane_88_utd said:

September 14th, 5:33 pm

When is the 3 month subscription coming the UK and how much will it be and what do u get for the price of it?

Welmosca said:

September 15th, 12:27 am

Who was the genius that had the idea to make the video show only CGI of the games?
Send ma congratulations to him/her…tsc tsc tsc tsc tsc tsc tsc.

Glad some Assassin’s are coming to PSNow though…good work bringing them games.

Devilking-Nikkai said:

September 15th, 4:33 am

People hate subscription… why can’t you guys just let us the consumers to PURCHASE IT! I would love to purchase some of the old games, just saying.

theNsquad said:

September 15th, 11:33 am

Can we just get backwards compatibility or at least an option to buy and download the games i dont have a constant internet connection to my PS4 im not going to stream games

xxgravdigrxx said:

September 19th, 1:21 pm

So am I right these will be playable on ps4? I am happy and annoyed if this is so. I had a ps3 for years (actually 2, one I kept on my truck as I’m a truck driver, and another at home). I have every assassin’s creed game and dlc available for the ps3. Then last year both my ps3 consoles took a dump on me within 3 months of each other. Video output on one and had controller on the other. Rather than put money into them I got a deal on a used ps4. Then find out I can’t access literally hundreds og dollars of games and dlc on my psn account because it’s ps3 only. In addition to assassin’s creed I also had the mass effect trilogy and all its dlc as well. If they are making that available on ps4 I shouldn’t have to buy/rent it again. I would be happy to pay a small porting fee, maybe $3-$5 per game as I know it does cost money to port games across platform generations. But to recharge someone for something they already bought is greedy and wrong.

xxgravdigrxx said:

September 19th, 1:22 pm

My second ps3 had a hdd controller go bad, autocorrect changed hdd to had

jacktheknife1998 said:

October 12th, 11:04 am

Hi, I can’t get the ac series on ps now here in the uk, any ideas when it will be on?