Uncharted 4

Sep 15

Bloodborne The Old Hunters

Bloodborne Expansion The Old Hunters Out November 24th

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar Posted by on Sep 15, 2015 // Producer, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio

Hello, Bloodborne fans. Thanks to the tremendous support from all of you, the passionate Bloodborne community, we are very proud to announce that Bloodborne has now sold through more than 2 million* units worldwide.

It is on the heels of this milestone that we can confirm that the highly anticipated expansion for Bloodborne is almost upon us. The wait is almost over, and a new nightmare is almost here…

Starting November 24th, download the Bloodborne DLC expansion The Old Hunters for $19.99 and experience the nightmare of the hunters who once guarded Byrgenwerth’s darkest secrets.

Set in a nightmare world where hunters from the past are trapped forever, explore brand new stages full of dangers, rewards, and deadly beasts to overcome. You’ll find multiple new outfits and weapons to add to your arsenal as well as additional magic to wield and add more variety to your combat strategy.

With new story details, learn the tale of hunters who once made Yharnam their hunting grounds, meet new NPCs, and discover another side of the history and world of Bloodborne. Here’s a brief glimpse of just some of what lies in store for you when The Old Hunters launches on November 24th, including Simon’s Bowblade weapon, and new boss enemy Ludwig.

Bloodborne The Old Hunters ExpansionBloodborne The Old Hunters Expansion

Stay tuned for more about Bloodborne and The Old Hunters expansion here on PlayStation.Blog.

*Includes both Blu-ray Disc sell-through quantities and download version sales on PlayStation Store. Sales data in Japan collected 3/26/2015 – 8/26/2015, in Asia 3/24/2015 – 8/26/2015, in North America 3/24/2015 – 8/26/2015, in PAL regions 3/25/2015 – 8/26/2015.

+ KwietStorm on September 15th, 2015 at 1:33 am said:

Errrmahgerd

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 15th, 2015 at 9:38 am said:

That trailer got my blood pumping…

+ killercoyal97 on September 19th, 2015 at 1:37 am said:

I hope that the creators add more opportunities to upgrade weapons to +10 or maybe even go beyond that because with all the new weapons it will be hard or impossible to be able to get them all up to that level unless you play through the game for as many weapons there are.

+ iREVOLTER on September 15th, 2015 at 1:34 am said:

Gratz on 2M!

And really can’t wait to for more BB.

+ hives89 on September 15th, 2015 at 1:40 am said:

Interesting… It’s not just new location. It’s like… different time but the same world/zones? Are we getting any new locations? Will it be accessible from main menu as a separate game? That would make sense if this is the same world, just in a different time. Detaaaaaails, WTB detaaails! :P

+ SaviorMachine on September 15th, 2015 at 1:40 am said:

Will there be a retail disc for the DLC, by itself (not packaged with the original game)?

+ Mercenary09 on September 15th, 2015 at 1:42 am said:

Congrats on 2+ Million guys! Game really deserves more! I’ll be buying the Expansion Day 1 as I’ve been itching for more Bloodborne since I earned the Platinum trophy in it. Please say it has new trophies as well.

+ fishypaste on September 15th, 2015 at 10:39 am said:

I am hoping Bloodborne expansion gets trophies this time around. The game deserves it because it’s so addictive and I think people won’t mind the extra achievements.

+ Hitokiri_03 on September 15th, 2015 at 1:43 am said:

Why the US version is more expensive than the EU?

+ Sszchera on September 15th, 2015 at 2:12 am said:

It isn’t

+ Hitokiri_03 on September 15th, 2015 at 5:30 am said:

It is, the DLC is €14.99.

+ halicarnassis on September 15th, 2015 at 8:28 am said:

Its like a tenner!

+ Strangeheaven on September 15th, 2015 at 2:35 pm said:

The price is actually cheaper in the UK for once. £11.99 is roughly $18.

+ PJ__Bottoms on September 17th, 2015 at 9:17 pm said:

It’s actually the opposite. €14.99 = $23.34 USD. EU is more expensive than US.

+ Bigsilvs on September 15th, 2015 at 1:50 am said:

$20? That is steep! I am going to pass on that price. Out of all the Souls games, Bloodborne is my least favorite anyways.

+ bl4nk_d1ce on September 15th, 2015 at 4:40 am said:

You’re silly. This an Expansion Pack, not simply DLC. Don’t forget, the entire Crowns series for DS2 was 30 bucks. I know I’ll be buying. Did you see that bow???

+ lord_lad on September 15th, 2015 at 2:06 am said:

When will the preorder be up on PSN?

+ KevinTrinh1111 on September 15th, 2015 at 2:27 am said:

ready to pre order

+ lisatsunami on September 15th, 2015 at 2:40 am said:

Wow, over 2 million! That’s fantastic for a new, exclusive IP in this niche genre. Congratulations to Playstation and FromSoft.

FromSoft, you make me so mad sometimes and that only deepens my love of your games. Yes, of course I’ll buy this DLC, day 1 or better, pre-order, pre-load.

+ GabrielJensen on September 15th, 2015 at 3:49 am said:

So awesome! Can’t wait! Look at those weapons! And Ludwig as a boss? NICE

+ ZoSam32 on September 15th, 2015 at 4:11 am said:

Will the limited edition be available in NA? Thank you!

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on September 15th, 2015 at 10:26 am said:

ZoSam32,

We have nothing to announce at this time.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

+ ananda on September 15th, 2015 at 4:36 am said:

NICE! Can’t wait!

+ OnTheBus666 on September 15th, 2015 at 5:20 am said:

Can’t wait for this! Love Bloodborne and I recommend fans of the series go subscribe to these souls based podcasts:
Poison arrow by epic name bro
Bonfireside chat
Twin humanities
Dark souls II

They do a great job of dissecting the game and trying to piece together the lore, and the community for bonfireside chat’s Facebook is a really good place to meet fellow souls nuts

+ zingakun on September 15th, 2015 at 5:23 am said:

Does anyone know if this will be the only expansion for Bloodborne?

+ AncLEoniX on September 15th, 2015 at 6:22 am said:

Holy crap! I’m ready. Gotta keep them trophies at 100%.

+ EarthTable on September 15th, 2015 at 6:27 am said:

Please release the PS4 Yakuza games in NA . I

+ CommanderWiiii on September 15th, 2015 at 6:34 am said:

I have been waiting patiently for an expansion from Bloodborne. Soon, I will begin the hunt again. Thank You!

+ HuckQ on September 15th, 2015 at 6:34 am said:

Is the expansion standalone, or is the main game required?

+ Hitokiri_03 on September 15th, 2015 at 7:35 am said:

Main game required.

+ Vyprstryke on September 15th, 2015 at 6:56 am said:

Is it safe to assume that the US will also be getting a retail release a week or so later?

+ Strangeheaven on September 15th, 2015 at 2:42 pm said:

Pretty much assume the limited edition retail version will come out in Japan and the UK. But it would be nice if it releases in the US also.

+ Trut14 on September 15th, 2015 at 8:22 am said:

Been waiting 4 this one !! Thank you, Thank you !

+ Kchow23 on September 15th, 2015 at 8:29 am said:

So excited!!!

+ halicarnassis on September 15th, 2015 at 8:31 am said:

I see at least 5 new weapons, 4 new bosses and that spell!! Plus a MASSIVE new area to explore… You buys really seem to have addressed the communities negative points in lack of variety in the game (not that I complained about it). Now lets hope there’s a rune somewhere that’ll half the damage from the Evelyn or some armour designed to deflect those godawful bloodtinge chickage unsheathe attacks which many players keep spamming.

+ TomatoDragon on September 15th, 2015 at 8:38 am said:

Oh man…time to fear the old blood, once again.

+ Ender_Bean on September 15th, 2015 at 8:56 am said:

Between this, Destiny’s expansion and Vanillaware’s new game announcement, today is turning out to be a hell of a day.

+ ZoSam32 on September 15th, 2015 at 9:12 am said:

Please tell me we can purchase the OST to this DLC. Absolutely love the original OST!

+ MakoSOLIDER on September 15th, 2015 at 1:59 pm said:

That’s what I’m wondering too. I love the music in this trailer.

+ creaturekyle on September 15th, 2015 at 9:13 am said:

Ugh, I just drooled all over my keyboard.

+ Baccra on September 15th, 2015 at 10:34 am said:

Trailer is cool, but anyway to re-release it with better audio? You can barely hear/understand the people talking because of the music volume.

+ Kchow23 on September 15th, 2015 at 10:45 am said:

I hope Micholash is back :3 Grant us eyes!!

+ Zyrish on September 15th, 2015 at 11:37 am said:

Sigh…I guess I have to go and beat the game now…I gave up when I got to those Fing Bell Ladies, where if they ring their bell, enemies respawn. That was 2-3 days of many tissues and tears. :( Looking forward to more tears.

+ NecroNick92 on September 15th, 2015 at 12:03 pm said:

You can do it! There is a way to go around some of those maidens but your priority should be getting rid of them do you can proceed unhindered.

+ bbswarrior_11 on September 15th, 2015 at 11:44 am said:

Bloodborne tore me asunder and I enjoyed every minute of it.. Very excited for this dlc… looks even more gruesome than before.

+ NecroNick92 on September 15th, 2015 at 12:00 pm said:

I am so incredibly hyped for this expansion! I’m really excited for the new hammer weapon and the longsword/warpick combination! And that longbow ohhh… it all looks amazing, and let’s not forget the full blown beast mode with the beast claws! Also, that saw cleaver with the lightning effect, perhaps using bolt gems and fire gems on weapons will give us an awesome visual effect now?

Super, super excited, can’t wait! I have so many new builds planned!

+ zeebuzzy on September 15th, 2015 at 12:07 pm said:

thanks my birthday is on nov24

+ Welmosca on September 15th, 2015 at 12:32 pm said:

Saw that coming,nice trailer and its really good to see the support for Bloodborne and damn!! 2 million?…hoou quite a lot.Congratulations the game sure deserves.
I still don’t have Bloodborne but its a confirmed buy and of course…I’ll be getting the DLC too.

+ GrinchVulture on September 15th, 2015 at 2:19 pm said:

Will the US get the Dec. 5 edition that includes both the expansion and original? Haven’t played Bloodborne yet and would like to get it all in one purchase. Very excited. Tell me — yes.

+ Strangeheaven on September 15th, 2015 at 2:45 pm said:

UK and Japan only most likely will get the limited edition. But US may get it also.

+ NerdOfLucifer on September 16th, 2015 at 1:22 am said:

Does anybody know if they’re just doing the one expansion? I’m a little confused as they’re doing a retail release with Old Hunters and I thought that they’d only release a full disc version when all DLCs were out….but I suppose if they make more money that way :S

+ jade0029 on September 16th, 2015 at 7:14 am said:

Absolutely loved Bloodborne, this will definitely be one of the few DLC’s I will ever purchase!

I have one question though, I own the Asian version of the game, but I use a US PSN account. Will this DLC be region locked?

+ porcul-fermecat on September 16th, 2015 at 7:54 am said:

does ‘bloodborne old hunters’ edition announced at TGS mean it’s the only dlc that Bloodborne will get? like dark souls 1 definitive edition which includes the DLC artorias of the abyss… or are there more DLCs coming?

+ Ryusennin on September 16th, 2015 at 8:58 am said:

Expensive.

Hopefully PS+ members will get a launch discount.

+ IrishCross88 on September 16th, 2015 at 5:24 pm said:

Any word on if the expansion can only be accessed at a certain point in the game, similar to the previous Souls games? I wanna know to prepare for getting to a certain point in my next playthrough or not.

+ gaming_phantom14 on September 17th, 2015 at 9:13 am said:

…….I CANT BELIEVE THISSSSSS!!!!!!! WHEN I SAW THE TRAILER, I ALMOST CRIED TEARS OF JOYY!!!!! THIS JUST MADE UP MY MISERABLE DAY!!!!
but a question, i heard it will only be availabe for japan first, is that true? (Please dont be!)

+ alihan_9898 on September 17th, 2015 at 10:38 am said:

Can i play this dlc separately? (I mean without having the original game)

+ DotoPock on September 23rd, 2015 at 9:27 am said:

I CANT WAIT THAT LONG ;_;

+ Thaed- on September 28th, 2015 at 3:34 am said:

HYPED

+ Radu1978 on October 11th, 2015 at 3:38 am said:

can’t wait to play it…this game is awesome!!!