PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Sep 18

21445792515_f6bab6fc7c_h

Rocket League: Revenge of the Battle-Cars Coming This October

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar Posted by on Sep 18, 2015 // Vice President of Marketing, Psyonix

A wise, heavily-bearded Greek man once said, “The beginning is the most important part of the work,” which is why the team here at Psyonix is looking back to 2008 and our very first football-game-without-feet, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars. It’s with that history and creative motivation in mind that we’re happy to announce that our next Rocket League DLC Pack, Revenge of the Battle-Cars, is almost ready to go!

Revenge of the Battle-Cars has all sorts of cool stuff inspired by our first official trip to the pitch! When it arrives, our “new-but-old-school” DLC will feature a number of awesome customization items that longtime SARPBC fans should immediately recognize. Including…

• 2 Classic SARPBC Battle-Cars, Scarab and Zippy
  • 12 New Decals (six for each new car)
  • 3 New Paint Types (Toon Glossy, Toon Matte, Toon Wood)
  • 2 New Wheels (Scarab and Zippy)
  • 2 New Rocket Boosts (Accelerato and Battle-Stars)
  • 4 New Toppers (Cavalier, Locomotive, Pixelated Shades, Shark Fin)
  • 2 New Antennas (Retro Balls from SARPBC)
  • 5 New Trophies

Rocket League -- Revenge of the Battle-CarsRocket League -- Revenge of the Battle-Cars

Besides our paid Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC, we’re also continuing our tradition of giving everyone extra free stuff to go along with it. This time around, it’s the debut of two new variations of our existing arenas, Urban Station (Night) and Utopia Coliseum (Dusk).

These variants are the last “regulation-style” maps you’ll see for while, by the way, as our next few arenas after that will focus on more “unusual” layouts and settings (more on those later this year).

Additional free goodies, like new music, Community and Country flags, and our customary updates and optimizations and updates will ship alongside the DLC.

Revenge of the Battle-Cars will retail for $3.99 USD when it launches this October. See you on the pitch!

+ Kaznasty- on September 18th, 2015 at 7:09 am said:

Guys, I absolutely love Rocket League and am glad your DLC is reasonably priced. I didn’t get a chance to play SARPBC but welcome more content, even if the majority of it just is cars and cosmetics!

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on September 18th, 2015 at 11:42 pm said:

Thank you very much. Hopefully you like it :)

+ Chaddyoso on September 18th, 2015 at 7:11 am said:

Could you add a Cowboy hat for a topper by chance?

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on September 18th, 2015 at 11:43 pm said:

We’ve seen this request a few times. We’ll look into this one!

+ rashada07 on September 18th, 2015 at 7:12 am said:

Yes! More DLC! Love this game so I am glad to support, especially since the game was a PSN plus freebie when it came out.

+ drd7of14 on September 18th, 2015 at 7:17 am said:

“These variants are the last “regulation-style” maps you’ll see for while, by the way, as our next few arenas after that will focus on more “unusual” layouts and settings”

Schweeet! Looking forward to those new unusual arenas. And I’m happy to see the return of 2 of the coolest classic cars from Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars!

Bring it on guys! Awesome work with keeping Rocket League alive. It’s a real blast!

+ pepelo13 on September 18th, 2015 at 7:23 am said:

It’s awesome guys. Thanks for all the hard work.

I hope for a season online in an upcoming DLC

Congrats on the game and your successful DLC’s

+ chavez1138 on September 18th, 2015 at 7:38 am said:

This is a really fun game but i’m not supporting it because of the lack of servers for south america and because it seems like a waste of money to get a cosmetics DLC for a game that I don’t even own (got it with +)

+ Mojomaxx on September 25th, 2015 at 4:55 pm said:

You aren’t supporting a game you don’t own…. seems overly logical to me.

+ Skater_Ricky on September 18th, 2015 at 7:44 am said:

I hope the Sound bug is fixed in the next Patch. Currently all of my friends including myself ran into this bug where no sound would play from the game and the only way to fix it is to restart the game.

Also is there a way that USB Music and Spotify Music display the Song details for the song that’s playing when it switches song’s. If not a feature yet hopefully will be added to the game and or upcoming Firmware update for PlayStation 4.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on September 19th, 2015 at 12:13 am said:

The sound bug you’re referring to should be fixed in the next patch. We’ve had very promising results from our testing regarding that one, so it’s looking good there.

Thanks for sticking with us on that one!

+ Ice-Cream-Mike on September 18th, 2015 at 7:48 am said:

Awesome, keep it coming. Love the game. If you could release a more specific release date when you know it would be much appreciated.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on September 18th, 2015 at 11:49 pm said:

Will do. We want to make sure of our date before we announce a specific one. But that’s in the plans!

+ SaviorMachine on September 18th, 2015 at 7:51 am said:

You people got The Magic in you.

+ AgentPicka on September 18th, 2015 at 8:15 am said:

Just when I thought I was done with game getting the platinum and all, you guys drag me back in. I love this game I own it on both steam and PS4 with all content. Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to the new pack

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on September 18th, 2015 at 11:50 pm said:

That’s great to hear, thank you!

+ paulogy on September 18th, 2015 at 8:37 am said:

What a wonderful thing you have created here, Jeremy and team! And to top it off, the world seems to have taken notice, too. I wish you continued success going forward, and am particularly eager to see what these variant arenas will be like :-)

+ GunnerFCm on September 18th, 2015 at 8:47 am said:

Feeling a totally justified all-caps WOOHOO coming on! WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

+ Timmzy27 on September 18th, 2015 at 8:55 am said:

Less DLCs with trophies pls, I want to be done with playing this game.

+ Welmosca on September 20th, 2015 at 12:50 am said:

How shameful….you trophy whor*s are a real plague.

+ Motherboop on September 18th, 2015 at 9:02 am said:

Keep the trophies coming! I love these Dlc drops, you’ll have my money if you keep giving me a reason to come back!

+ ProdijusX on September 18th, 2015 at 9:11 am said:

Two cars….-_-

+ LeandroDiFini on September 18th, 2015 at 12:08 pm said:

I love Rocket League and play it daily! These DLCs are fine, but nothing extraordinary. I also don’t quite get the “Season” that just started on the Ranked matches… If one day i have 120 points, on the next day i’m back to 100 and if one day I’m down at 80 and unranked, the next day I’m back at 100 and Bronze I. Also it would be great if we could make a small tournament between teams. Like the Soccer World Cup. Anyway… I love this game and there are so many ways to make it bigger and better! Keep updates and DLCs coming and this might be the GOTY.

+ Dapogi_PoGz on September 18th, 2015 at 12:27 pm said:

first of all let me say i love rocket league.

now for the important matter, i know this probably isn’t the right place to ask the question but for anyone who knows the answer, was the PS plus”vote to play” just for last month? because in two weeks it’s gonna be october and i haven’t seen any info yet on the new games to vote for.

+ LeandroDiFini on September 18th, 2015 at 2:56 pm said:

They won’t be doing it this month. I think is going to be a “once in a while” sort of thing.

+ Welmosca on September 20th, 2015 at 12:49 am said:

Haven’t had time to play it yet but I played SARPBC back in the day and I bet Rocket League is really fun…anyway nice job on the support for the game and congratulations on its success.

+ Mr_tomorroww on September 20th, 2015 at 8:46 am said:

Yall Should do a mohawk topper, and it would be nice if for example lets say Im gonna be blue team and my car is all blue.but when i join a random match and im orange im gonna have my blue stuff on. What im trying to say each team should have there own custom settings

+ y_maxyuyu_y on October 8th, 2015 at 6:45 am said:

Yup

+ ZichiroARG on September 20th, 2015 at 10:22 am said:

I would very much like to see online season if thats possible, with tags and team based matches. Could be at least short season. AAAND BALL SKINS!

+ ZichiroARG on September 20th, 2015 at 10:28 am said:

I know this may be a crazy request but a DeLorean version for Rocket League would be awesome

+ mrmrbones on September 20th, 2015 at 12:53 pm said:

Love the game! Looking for some friends to play online. Add me if interested.

mrmrbones

+ twig406 on September 20th, 2015 at 11:20 pm said:

Maybe add state flags!

+ caio_Oz- on September 21st, 2015 at 6:52 am said:

You guys should add a Beret (like Big Boss from MGS) as “top hat”… Just saying…

+ TheLoCoRaven on September 21st, 2015 at 8:57 am said:

I pretty much just buy the Rocket League DLC to support the game. I do however get all the trophies which I normally don’t care about. Great Game! My go-to before bed game.

+ rizzlinux1388 on September 21st, 2015 at 2:50 pm said:

Absolutely loving this game! This DLC looks awesome. I never played Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars but the new cars look sweet! Not sure what the team’s vision is for this game and how crazy you want to go, but I think Mech models would be super sweet! Thanks for this awesome game!

+ ayylmao1233 on September 21st, 2015 at 3:42 pm said:

You really need a report button or something, people are so toxic and calling people so many things that it aint fun to play sometimes. some even goes afk or score own goals just to troll around. this is for pc btw.

+ TripleThreat-802 on September 22nd, 2015 at 11:05 am said:

Like the others have said – I’ve really enjoyed playing this game, and don’t mind purchasing the DLC to show my support since both the game and DLC are reasonably priced.

I’ve put in quite a few hours, but the one thing that would keep me coming and IMO adds quite a bit of replay value, is a multi-player season mode.

The current ranked season mode is a bit confusing.

Since I almost exclusively only play this game with other friends, I’d love to see an online / multi-player season mode where my friend(s) and I could go through a season together vs. AI OR other random gamers.

Can something like that be added to the backlog?

Keep up the good work!

+ Razor900X on September 22nd, 2015 at 5:09 pm said:

Is there going to be a way to make our own song list?Like taking it from a usb and making a tracklist ingame?that would be awesome! thanks regardless you reply or not.

+ seekup08 on September 23rd, 2015 at 8:07 am said:

Razor, Just get spotify on your playstation (it is free) and then you can use that to play music while in game. Thats what I do and it works wonderfully.

+ PRICE420420 on September 24th, 2015 at 5:44 am said:

Thank you guys for creating a great game. It’s certainly one of my favorites. I was so glad to see a 9 review score in GI. You all deserve a 10 though. You’ve definitely got my support. And yes, like my man said, we need that delorean Lol. And some real people in the stands would be nice as well…or even the other cars as stadium attendees would be cool. Thanks. Looking forward to the dlc

+ PRICE420420 on September 24th, 2015 at 5:47 am said:

Oh and one more thing. Just as the song says in the trailer, an underwater stadium would be awesome

+ sdjaques1994 on September 24th, 2015 at 6:35 am said:

I love this game and i loved the original, me and my little sister played it all the time and the challenges like playing a 2vs1 match when there was a barrier halfway across the pitch you could not cross so you had to do long shots to win the match or the super slow mo near the ball mode, all of these were great additions to the game, do you know if you will be adding games like this that include a barrier in the middle that you cant cross or maybe add maps like the pirate ship from the original game or the sandy desert level that was more curved round the edges XD

Can’t wait to get the new update and look forward to seeing what else you come up with as the game progresses, maybe you could add something unconventional like the level from the original that was shaped like a donut and you could drive through the goals to get to the other side XD

Thanks for the update XD

+ CheapShot04 on September 27th, 2015 at 6:46 pm said:

I’ve always loved Rocket League but with the DLC packs makes me love it even more so thank you for making such a great game!

+ moby069 on September 28th, 2015 at 2:37 am said:

When is this coming to Asia?? I was so disappointed to find out it was unavailable after I bought my PS4… PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, bring it to Asia!!!!

+ sukTHEfac on October 1st, 2015 at 6:17 pm said:

Do epople spend money on things that are this trivial?

+ SockfulOfNickels on October 5th, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

For me I buy it because I didn’t spend any money on purchasing the game. And I will buy ALL DLC because this game deserves to be supported. The best “oh ok one more match” game ever.

+ ArnobioFC on October 6th, 2015 at 3:21 pm said:

The first DLC is at a good price for Brazil (BRL).
I hope thisi s too!

+ Adihest on October 7th, 2015 at 5:52 am said:

Hello best developers ever! Are you aware of the bug where you are not able to select any options after finishing a match?
You are not able to start a new game, nor leave.
Its kinda sad when u have to wait 50 seconds or restart the game every other match:(
Best regards, Adrian

+ Adihest on October 7th, 2015 at 6:00 am said:

Oh. And I really really love that Zippy with hearts will return!!
    My absolute favourite car In SARPBC<3<3<3

One Love

+ SkudRuckus10 on October 14th, 2015 at 9:47 am said:

I am going to for sure buy all the DLC, not because I need it. Sure I do “want” it but I mostly want to support you guys. You have made a quality game that has kept my attention and interest more than AAA games that have a way bigger budget.
Keep up the good work!

+ Darkbluefire113 on October 14th, 2015 at 11:08 am said:

Love the game! One of my favorite ps4 games! I would Love to see murrys van from the sly cooper games! That would make me love the game even more xD