Uncharted 4

Sep 30

21724360871_d5f2b35e58_z

PS Plus: Free Games for October 2015

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by on Sep 30, 2015 // Social Media Specialist

One brutally difficult platformer, one heart-warming, coming-of-age story. This month’s PS Plus lineup has a great mix of flavors and you’ve come to the right place for the details! Starting on the first Tuesday of the month, a new lineup of free games comes to PlayStation Plus members, including Super Meat Boy and Broken Age on PS4.

Super Meat Boy will challenge even the most devoted platforming players with teeth-grinding levels, insane obstacles, horrible traps, and smiling chunks of meat. Yum! Can you stand against the gory onslaught of near-impossible tasks in Super Meat Boy? You’ll find out soon enough…

PS Plus: October 2015

If that’s a little too intense, why not point and click at things, instead? Broken Age is joining the PS Plus lineup, too! In it, guide two teenagers through strangely similar circumstances but on two different worlds. With a gorgeous soundtrack and award-winning cast, Broken Age is perfect for gamers that grew up with the adventure genre. Or people that just want to hear some jokes. Jokes are always good.

Last thing! Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition will no longer be available as a free download for Plus members starting on October 6th, 2015. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, be sure to go to PlayStation Store now before October 6th!

For the full PlayStation Plus lineup this month, check the official page on PlayStation.com. (Note: the Plus page has not yet updated, so we’ve included the full lineup below. Thank you for your patience!)

Full Lineup:

• Super Meat Boy, PS4, PS Vita
  • Broken Age, PS4, PS Vita
  • Unmechanical: Extended, PS4, PS3
  • Chariot, PS3
  • KickBeat, PS3, PS Vita
  • Kung Fu Rabbit, PS3, PS Vita

Before you go, we want your feedback! Please leave us a comment below and tell us what you think of the lineup. Thank you for stopping by.

Until next time! Enjoy.

1,169 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 15

+ TelevisedFool on September 30th, 2015 at 8:32 am said:

Awesome!

+ UndeadXSamB on October 2nd, 2015 at 9:16 am said:

Is it possible to get assassin’s creed black flag for free next month pleeeaaase

+ earth_inheritor on September 30th, 2015 at 8:32 am said:

Hell yeah..ive been thinking about Broken age for ages an its free yay!!!!

+ BionicOstrich on September 30th, 2015 at 8:32 am said:

Hi Colin and Greg c:

+ tylerh1701 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:33 am said:

Why can’t you post the full list here? The site you linked to isn’t up to date.

EU is getting Kung Fu Rabbit, Unmechanical, Kickbeat, and Chariot as well. I’m assuming we’ll get the same?

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on September 30th, 2015 at 9:40 am said:

I assume that as well, but it’s beyond ridiculous that we should *ever* have to check the EU blog for info on what’s coming here. Or that in a total vacuum of official replies we should have to assume anything.

[sarcasm]

Next week’s entire store update post:

“Store’s updated, guyz.”

[/s]

+ Rpm2878 on September 30th, 2015 at 12:42 pm said:

@ThumbsofSteel I got a good chuckle out of that. I can understand being dissapointed at a lack of variety (sometimes) but I don’t quite get the “these games are garbage” hate. I personally look forward to the lineup. What bothers me is the US blog is becoming useless.

“Want to know what games you’re getting or what’s on sale? Here’s a broken link, crap, here’s a list with no description.”
    “No! I want cutesy YouTube videos and lists that show me how much I’ll save in a sale.”

+ Rezolution77 on October 1st, 2015 at 5:02 pm said:

I know I am not renewing anytime soon, but I knew that about this time last year.

Only good thing it came in for, was the annual sale, if you call it that, since its about the only one half decent.
    (And bought ahead)

Add the post “errors”, and there you go.
    Wallet elsewhere.

Humble is coming out with a monthly deal now. It is not what I wanted, but Sony makes “their” rules, and I go elsewhere.

Couple Vita titles may keep me around, but it’s a “legacy”, that couldn’t even bring Kingdom Hearts, Crisis Core, or a wanted Fate/…. AAA.

+ paulogy on September 30th, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

Two excellent games for PS4! I wonder what the PS3/Vita titles will be?

+ Sonicfan11589 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

Any free games for PS3 and PS Vita?

+ Hefestus91 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

Great news on my birthday :D

+ earth_inheritor on September 30th, 2015 at 8:35 am said:

Happy Birthday!!!!

+ THE_DEADLY_GUY on October 20th, 2015 at 10:22 am said:

happy birthday

+ earth_inheritor on September 30th, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

Although…that isnt the full lineup for October right? ..just a preview? When is the full lineup announced

+ EthanBenard on September 30th, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

I want to know the same thing..

+ The_Great_Ska on September 30th, 2015 at 8:40 am said:

This is just the “Vote to Play” that lets us choose which of these two games we’ll be receiving as part of the free games with PS+ in October.

+ Reaper527_ on September 30th, 2015 at 9:15 am said:

ska, you’re wrong. this is the lineup (or at the very least, the ps4 portion of it). there is no voting this month. check the eu blog for the full lineup.

+ bt1234567892010 on September 30th, 2015 at 10:09 am said:

The_Great_Ska, no actually this is the two PS4 games, vote to play wasn’t able to be used this month.

+ samv33 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

Jazzed for Broken Age.

+ EthanBenard on September 30th, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

I can’t seem to find the full game list…

+ SaviorMachine on September 30th, 2015 at 8:35 am said:

Wow, Broken Age is fantastic, nice

+ Jsupastar on October 29th, 2015 at 7:57 pm said:

Can’t wait

+ Nerr on September 30th, 2015 at 8:35 am said:

“Don’t be a jerk”. Please post the full list. The “official page” is still just September.

+ Nerr on September 30th, 2015 at 8:38 am said:

PS3 owners have feelings too.

+ MassaBR on September 30th, 2015 at 8:35 am said:

Great line-up this month, can’t wait to get Super Meat Boy on my Vita.

But please finish writing this blog post, it seems to be incomplete. One of the best things about your social media presence is the PS Blog, please don’t ruin it and stop trying to force people to use the website instead.

+ cmdluke on September 30th, 2015 at 8:35 am said:

Did I miss something? What are the other 4 games? I checked the link for the full lineup but it only lists septembers games. Is this the new format? Preview 2 games and then wait and see?

+ ExMimic on September 30th, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

Looking forward to Broken Age. Never had an interest in Super Meatboy, but I’ll give it a try.
Just waiting on the Vita list now.

+ slambert215 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

Can you guys just post the full list instead of the PS4 games only?

+ StealthReborn-- on September 30th, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

Why didn’t you guys post the full list here? Not to mention when I click to see the full lineup, it’s last months offerings.

+ FeistFan on September 30th, 2015 at 9:00 am said:

This is a huge step backwards in communication from Sony. Come on, this isn’t rocket science.

I know y’all want to push us to the PS4, and believe me, I’d love to make the leap – but unless I get lucky and win a gold PS4 from buying tacos, I’m not making the leap before Christmas. So don’t treat me like I’m not here.

And never, EVER tell somebody to go look at another page for the updated information unless you know the updated information is actually there!

+ MiguelitonsUS on September 30th, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

At least in Europe Sony is posting the complete lineup:

Broken Age (PS4/PS Vita)
Super Meat Boy (PS4/PS Vita)
Unmechanical Extended (PS4/PS3)
Kickbeat (PS Vita/PS3)
Kung Fu Rabbit (PS Vita/PS3)

+ rafaapascoa on September 30th, 2015 at 8:52 am said:

where is AAA? Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on Xbox Live. Wha the…?

+ mmitch079 on September 30th, 2015 at 9:29 am said:

800-222-4357

+ Millentree10 on September 30th, 2015 at 11:21 am said:

rafaapascoa Sony gave us TR a year and a half ago, and Crysis 3, the other GFG game last month, for that matter

+ chavez1138 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

PS3 and Vita titles should be here! and the link is for a page not updated… terrible post

+ bt1234567892010 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:37 am said:

Why not post the full list here? or update playstation.com….

regardless, was REALLY hoping for AC4 (playing through the ACs to hype for Syndicate..own AC4 on PS3, but the PS4 version’s better), but hey, Super Meat Boy and Broken Age are very good, so I’ll take it.

+ zingakun on September 30th, 2015 at 8:37 am said:

GREAT GAMES!

But I thought we would vote on which game we’d like to get on PS4. Hadn’t that worked out?

+ jrhames on September 30th, 2015 at 8:39 am said:

Asking myself the same thing.

+ dmfarris90 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:40 am said:

Agreed! where did the voting go?

+ yosoinbord on September 30th, 2015 at 9:04 am said:

They told us day 1 that it wasn’t a monthly thing.

+ mmitch079 on September 30th, 2015 at 9:32 am said:

You can’t expect this generation to actually read.

+ Crunchewy on September 30th, 2015 at 9:32 am said:

I don’t believe they said it was going to be every month.

+ dmfarris90 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:38 am said:

Good lineup! I will be picking up Broken Age for sure!

+ SureBigBuster on September 30th, 2015 at 8:39 am said:

Wait, so there was no Vote 2 Play poll this month??

+ harv052 on September 30th, 2015 at 9:04 am said:

I was wondering the same thing….

+ mmitch079 on September 30th, 2015 at 9:33 am said:

Jesus Christ, they said it wasn’t going to be every month when they announced it.

+ MiguelitonsUS on September 30th, 2015 at 8:39 am said:

Why I get the feeling the so called Social Media Specialists are not so special here anymore …. hmmmmm

+ ShinMechaSeph on September 30th, 2015 at 8:40 am said:

What the hell is wrong with sony? Are you so ashamed of the lineup you have to post a partial one?

+ CaptainJ-Nasty on September 30th, 2015 at 8:42 am said:

Great…more crappy indie games that most people don’t care about. Way to go Sony…

+ Axonometri on September 30th, 2015 at 8:44 am said:

Yahoo Mail Login? WTH LOL

+ Darkwolf99 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:44 am said:

Soooo glad I didn’t buy Broken Age when it came out (for PS4, since I was going to double dip)

+ X-Warlock on September 30th, 2015 at 8:46 am said:

So let me get this straight. Last month you guys introduce the whole PS+ voting for which free game we got, which was great. This month it’s gone. Now you can’t even give us the full list of Octobers IGC games without directing us to an external link that’s not even yet updated. Am I safe in assuming that there will be no AAA titles yet again? And what is with the lack of sales this week too?

+ Reaper527_ on September 30th, 2015 at 9:14 am said:

assuming north america’s lineup is the same as europe’s (which it has been for some time), your assumption is correct. no retail games for any of the 3 platforms

+ ItalicFall on September 30th, 2015 at 8:47 am said:

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

+ molinxars86 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:47 am said:

Super Meat Boy, YES!

+ avatarguy on September 30th, 2015 at 8:47 am said:

I don’t like that I have to go to another website just to see the rest of the line up.

+ blhavener on September 30th, 2015 at 8:48 am said:

Very nice, can’t wait to see what the other games are for the vita and ps3.

+ Asumos666 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:49 am said:

question about driveclub, for those that already have it but need to download again will they be able to after it is no longer being offered just like regular plus titles?

+ bt1234567892010 on September 30th, 2015 at 10:06 am said:

I don’t know why it wouldn’t be. you “own” it technically.

+ HentayHinata on September 30th, 2015 at 8:50 am said:

Chariot PS4 Crossbuy?

+ Felipeji on September 30th, 2015 at 8:50 am said:

Feedeback: Don’t post about the IGC lineup for October, unless it’s the full lineup. Secondly, don’t write a post telling me to visit elsewhere to get the information you claim to be providing. I come to the PS blog because it updates fast and often. I avoid the SONY site because it’s terrible and overcrowded with info I don’t need/want. All I want is to know the IGC full lineup. Preferably sooner than the last day/week of the month. Thanks!

+ Felipeji on September 30th, 2015 at 8:53 am said:

Additionally, when sending readers elsewhere for the info they clicked this article to find, MAKE SURE the source you direct them too is properly updated. I expect better from SONY.

+ Rhiley_ on September 30th, 2015 at 8:50 am said:

Why do you ask for feedback since you get the same replies every month? Just stop asking for it and assume that it is going to be people rightly upset that you keep dumping indie games that have been available on other platforms for years.

+ GSreaperwolf72 on October 5th, 2015 at 3:26 pm said:

The saddest part is that even though there is an overwhelming response from PS+ subscribers who are disappointed month after month and nothing changes, same old thing month after month so leaving our response is pointless unless we’re advising other players to seek games elsewhere.
    Sony will continue to push garbage month after month cause the same brainless zombies keep downloading this garbage or simply adding it to their library which still counts as a download.

+ X-Warlock on September 30th, 2015 at 8:51 am said:

Hey look, Kotaku got the full list before Sony did!

Fail.

+ cusman on September 30th, 2015 at 8:51 am said:

So we didn’t get to vote this time?

+ Kharmeister on September 30th, 2015 at 9:05 am said:

It would be nice to vote every month, but it’s possible they didn’t have as much new content to select from to have a vote this month. It’s clear that the vote idea was brought in to draw attention to new indie games, not older games that have already been released. And the IGC team put a lot of work into that promotion. I can’t see them doing that every month. I’d rather they saved the vote for months when there is sufficient content of good quality to choose from. Remember that the devs themselves also need to be on board, negotiate with Sony and participate in promoting their respective games. It’s a lot of work.

+ chavez1138 on September 30th, 2015 at 9:21 am said:

seems that way, never got to see any options

+ rcastudios on September 30th, 2015 at 9:56 am said:

No, they said we’d only get to vote some months. Pay attention!

+ Mercenary09 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:51 am said:

Have to agree you guys leaving out the PS3/Vita games is bad. Only thing I’m excited for this month is Broken Age.

+ sealum01 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:51 am said:

Broken Age is such a delightful point and click game! Though it was simple, I really enjoyed my play-through! I’m so glad that the greater PS Plus community will get a chance to experience it!

+ HentayHinata on September 30th, 2015 at 8:52 am said:

Walking Dead Season 1, Assasins Creed Black Flag, Rayman Legends, Tomb Raider Definitve Edition
Xbox One hast the better lineup, sony doesnt care anymore because you need to pay for online.

Sorry i wont RENEW

+ yosoinbord on September 30th, 2015 at 9:04 am said:

Goodbye then

+ GSreaperwolf72 on October 6th, 2015 at 9:12 am said:

Sounds like we have a Sony fan here not happy with you choosing a better service LMAO.

+ american_36 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:52 am said:

Please guys dont slack off now! You’ve done mostly great since the PS4 reveal (except Vitastuff maybe), so keep it strong! :D

+ american_36 on September 30th, 2015 at 10:57 am said:

yeah, that’s more like it^^ I knew you could make it ;)

+ alarionultima on September 30th, 2015 at 8:54 am said:

Super Meat Boy is great, but I’ve already played like 6 years ago..
The rest is meh, I can see why you don’t post the full list

+ bigsgg71 on September 30th, 2015 at 8:54 am said:

“If it ain’t broken don’t try to fix it”. I say that because Sony has always listed ALL GAMES for the ps plus lineup. Why not list all of the games now?

+ Kharmeister on September 30th, 2015 at 8:54 am said:

Gotta admit, I’m a bit bummed, not by the quality but the quantity. Is it really just two games this month? Broken Age is an excellent addition, I’ve owned it for months now, and Super Meat Boy is…well… Nice if you never owned an Xbox 360, but this month is really light. A Spend $100, get $15 promo would help me get over it though ;-)

+ FrankenCelery on September 30th, 2015 at 8:55 am said:

Hey guys, I really would rather have the entire list in the blog post. That’s one of the reasons I’ve been refreshing the blog all day today. But, if you are going to direct us to the site for the remainder of the list. Please ensure that it is updated. Otherwise, it just brings frustration as you can see by the other comments in this thread. BTW, I bought Broken Age when it came out, but am glad that others will get to enjoy this game. I had my attention taken away, but this has reminded me and I think I’ll be going back to it. Can’t wait to see what the others are.

+ Crunchewy on September 30th, 2015 at 8:56 am said:

I’m looking forward to both of these games. Definitely weird that you aren’t posting the full list here, though.

+ Kharmeister on September 30th, 2015 at 8:57 am said:

The link to the rest of the lineup needs to be updated to reflect next month, not the current month.

+ MoonageDeath on September 30th, 2015 at 8:58 am said:

Can I have a more stable connection rather than all the free games ever? Thanks.

PAGE 1 2 3 15