God of War

Oct 05

21687813999_67d94a75f3_z

Free Halloween Items Coming to Rocket League

21687813999_67d94a75f3_z

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar Posted by on Oct 05, 2015 // Vice President of Marketing, Psyonix

At Psyonix, we love Halloween, and we know that many of you love Halloween, too! That’s why, starting October 18th, we’ll be unveiling sweet, limited-time Halloween-themed items in Rocket League’s customization Garage!

Rocket League Halloween

Available as post-match item drops, each Halloween item can be unlocked simply by playing matches like you normally would (Win or lose!). Once you’ve found an item, it’s yours to keep forever, but if you don’t find the ones you want by November 2nd, you’ll have to wait until next year for a shot at them again.

Here’s a full list of our upcoming tricks and treats:

• “Calavera” Antenna
  • “Candy Corn” Rocket Trail
  • “Carriage” Wheels
  • “Fuzzy Brute” Antenna
  • “Fuzzy Vampire” Antenna
  • “Pumpkin” Topper

Rocket League HalloweenRocket League Halloween

While we have your attention, we also wanted to remind you to be on the lookout for our next paid DLC Pack, “Revenge of the Battle-Cars,” due out October 13th for $3.99. It has all sorts of cool goodies in there, including two classic vehicles and plenty more. Full details can be found right here.

Note — you will not need to purchase the “Revenge of the Battle-Cars” DLC to enjoy the free seasonal items listed in this post.

Happy Halloween!

+ tallsam96 on October 5th, 2015 at 7:09 am said:

You guys are awesome. That is all.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on October 5th, 2015 at 12:47 pm said:

+ Superstone on October 5th, 2015 at 7:12 am said:

Nice. Love you guys, love this game. My most played game right now. Wish you would bring it to the Vita so I could play it on the go.

+ deravidesquirrel on October 5th, 2015 at 10:06 am said:

That would be awesome! I think I would but a Vita just for that!

+ YodaLikesSoda on October 5th, 2015 at 7:13 am said:

Hours of enjoyment, the only game I have on PS4 that I can truly relax with.

+ kitler53 on October 5th, 2015 at 7:42 am said:

i love your game so much.

…also christmas is a pretty great holiday too! ;)

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on October 5th, 2015 at 12:48 pm said:

Yes it is.

Wonder if we’ll do something similar then too…?

Hmm…

+ Mercenary09 on October 5th, 2015 at 8:00 am said:

Love it guys! Hope this trend continues for Christmas as well.

+ paulogy on October 5th, 2015 at 8:12 am said:

Nice, I’m a huge fan of Halloween as well :-)

Also really appreciate your approach to free maps/paid DLC and clear communication about them.

+ tusunami on October 5th, 2015 at 8:27 am said:

This is one of my favorite indie games⚽️

+ glassmusic on October 5th, 2015 at 8:31 am said:

This is so cool. I’m glad you guys are getting into the spirit!

+ LeandroDiFini on October 5th, 2015 at 9:15 am said:

This is my favorite PS4 game right now… I’ve been playing for months and I’m always entertained. Keep the updates and upgrades coming and it will be one of those games that last until the sequel comes out. Great work!

+ fsdgsfh45 on October 5th, 2015 at 9:33 am said:

sorry guys there posting everywhere on my behalf apologies

+ deravidesquirrel on October 5th, 2015 at 10:05 am said:

You guys at Psyonix are the best.

+ carlosftw2 on October 5th, 2015 at 10:07 am said:

I’ve always thought you should make the ball a pumpkin for Halloween!

+ aywan_7 on October 7th, 2015 at 2:48 pm said:

I did too! It would be cool to see like ghosts or phantoms come out when you score with the pumpkin ball! :D

+ deravidesquirrel on October 5th, 2015 at 10:07 am said:

There have to be pilgrim hats and Indian headdresses for Thanksgiving right?!

+ tints24 on October 5th, 2015 at 10:40 am said:

Can it please not be limited time? I’d love a candy corn boost trail any time of the year haha

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on October 5th, 2015 at 12:49 pm said:

If you unlock it during the promotional time, you will have it all year along. It’s just that they won’t be obtainable before or after the dates listed.

Once you have ’em, though, they’re yours forever.

+ tints24 on October 5th, 2015 at 10:43 am said:

Oops upon re-reading I see I can. Awesome!

+ PuppetShoJustice on October 5th, 2015 at 11:10 am said:

Very cool promo items. I hope the drop rate isn’t too crazy. I want that pumpkin topper.

+ voO_mick_Oov on October 5th, 2015 at 11:52 am said:

it be nice if rocket was workin on ps4 but its not they been tryin to be in touch with yous online not workin

+ saab01 on October 5th, 2015 at 12:09 pm said:

This game is too much fun and its nice to see free dlc items. Cant believe I didnt have to pay for my copy its a very good game and gives me plenty of hours to play and have a blast.

+ thefoxymoron on October 5th, 2015 at 1:12 pm said:

I honestly feel bad about getting this game for free through Playstation Plus, so I plan on buying whatever DLC you guys (and gals) plan on putting out for it. (And so far, the prices for DLC have been stellar! Both under $5.00!)

Thanks for making the exact type of game I can turn on my PS4, think to myself, “I’ll just relax and play a couple of games of Rocket League before going to bed” and then completely not notice the next hour or so go floating on by!

This game is pure and simple perfection.

+ ChestCaveCollis on October 13th, 2015 at 11:15 am said:

I’m sure Sony has paid them pretty handsomely.

+ Ribbercage on October 5th, 2015 at 2:11 pm said:

This is so awesome!! Wonder what candy corn will sound like!?

+ madmankevin on October 5th, 2015 at 2:37 pm said:

Hey Jeremy, love everything about this game, but when are you guys going to add the brown slime to a dlc pack?!

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on October 5th, 2015 at 4:10 pm said:

Given our rating, “Brown Slime” might be a little too easy to misinterpret as something else…

(so, probably no time soon)

+ whereymyconary on October 5th, 2015 at 2:46 pm said:

Sweet. Totally ready for this. Just plat today so I have no more items to earn but the Halloween ones. Woot.

+ Darkbluefire113 on October 5th, 2015 at 3:18 pm said:

I love Rocket league! One of the greatest games I have ever played! Rocket league is the game that makes me happy I bought a ps4 honestly so keep on supporting the game! :D I would love to see more map variations just like in super sonic rocket powers battle cars!

+ LibraryatNight on October 5th, 2015 at 3:21 pm said:

This kind of stuff is fun, thanks!

+ xAirhead-_- on October 5th, 2015 at 4:47 pm said:

I love things like this. Thank you and please do more things like this in the future.

+ Rockwall4lyfe on October 5th, 2015 at 6:09 pm said:

I love this game, DUNSMASH!

+ CV-EL_Zombinator on October 5th, 2015 at 9:01 pm said:

Do you guys think there will be an Iconic car DLC? like licensed hot wheel cars, the batmobile, the mystery machine or the Nissan Skyline from 2 fast 2 furious?

+ eyeamgod on October 5th, 2015 at 11:27 pm said:

Thanks for creating this game.You guys are awesome.

+ Zarxce on October 5th, 2015 at 11:48 pm said:

After much procrastination I just dove in to Rocket League for the first time today. I’m instantly hooked. It’s going to take the Star Wars beta to peel me away from it this week. Looking forward to the Halloween DLC.

+ BlessMyCottons on October 6th, 2015 at 1:01 am said:

Sky Broadband Users hopefully will be able to get this Halloween gubbins too. Great game though Psyonix, I haven’t been able to play in ages! Hope the servers are back on for me in time for Halloween!

+ no_you_girls on October 6th, 2015 at 9:06 am said:

You guys are awesome, love this game, amazing soundtrack, thanks guys!!!

+ Kaznasty- on October 6th, 2015 at 9:26 am said:

I absolutely love everything about Rocket League and free cosmetics are more than welcome! Looking forward to the DLC next week as well. Thanks Psyonix!

+ aywan_7 on October 7th, 2015 at 2:44 pm said:

Question: Can you transfer your PC/PS4 data to your PS4/PC? Or will it be added? Because i already play it on the PC and when I get a PS4 I would like to transfer my data.

+ MKyron on October 11th, 2015 at 8:58 am said:

I bought Rocket League yesterday on the PS Store because I missed when it was free for PS+ members, and I don’t regret my purchase! :) I instantly bought the DLC (SF) too. I love what you’re doing. Keep up the great work devs!!!

+ AW-PsiKoTiK on October 11th, 2015 at 1:25 pm said:

Hmm, what about New Stadiums?! MASSIVE DLC WITH STADIUMS!!

This game… simply awesome

Congratulations Psyonix.

+ FreQaZoiD on October 11th, 2015 at 3:15 pm said:

DLC looks great! I’d get a Season Pass if it was available. *hint*

+ housedj420 on October 16th, 2015 at 4:13 pm said:

I see someone already mentioned Christmas. Another cool holiday with things that would make for neat items is Hanukkah!

+ GrandGrumps on October 18th, 2015 at 11:05 am said:

I’ve been playing a lot of regular games but I still haven’t unlocked anything

+ ajsasflaym on October 24th, 2015 at 3:09 am said:

It’s all right, they just drop randomly. You just have to play more often to find some of the halloween items ;)

+ ANU_STRT on October 19th, 2015 at 2:03 pm said:

I am loving rocket league, and these new items are great. Just wanted to say you guys are awesome. Rocket League is the only game I have ever unlocked every trophy for.

+ lepome3 on October 20th, 2015 at 3:23 am said:

Its 20.10 here in Finland and I havent unlocked any of these halloween items. I have unlocked everything else in the game and I have never had any problems while playing this awesome game. When I go check the garage, there isnt anything locked either. Do I just have to try harder or what?

+ ajsasflaym on October 24th, 2015 at 3:09 am said:

+ STANBONJOVI on October 20th, 2015 at 6:40 am said:

I don’t get those Halloween things. What do I have to do?

+ ajsasflaym on October 24th, 2015 at 3:10 am said:

+ thesios on October 20th, 2015 at 11:57 am said:

I have everything else unlocked. I’ve played several games since the 18th, and haven’t unlocked anything else. My garage doesn’t have any of these Halloween-themed items already. What gives?

+ ajsasflaym on October 24th, 2015 at 3:11 am said:

+ nswolford on October 21st, 2015 at 9:48 am said:

Same here. Many games played, but no Halloween items yet.

+ ajsasflaym on October 24th, 2015 at 3:12 am said:

+ ajsasflaym on October 23rd, 2015 at 9:14 am said:

Same here, also already got everything else, did the latest Update to v1.07, played some games but…nothing unlocked, also can’t see something locked in garage.
ps: i’m from Germany, hope this halloween stuff you promised us is not US-exclusive??

+ ajsasflaym on October 24th, 2015 at 3:07 am said:

hey everybody, i just asked in the official rocket league forums and the thing is:
The halloween items don’t have a 100% drop chance like any other items, this means you can play 5 games and find 5 halloween items, or you play 20 games and only find 1 of them…
So all is working, just keep playing this awesome game ;)

+ Snakehole on October 31st, 2015 at 10:20 am said:

I am a long time fan of SARBC, so much so that I still say the original name to my friends when we play(still gets laughs). But for real though, when are you going to bring some of the unique levels back? Like the full circlular field and the elevated goal field. Always in full support of pysonix, keep up the good work. Now make supersonic acrobatic rocket-powered battle-cars with basketball lol

+ seansmith9322 on November 1st, 2015 at 10:13 am said:

Didnt get any drops. I already have all the items and I just wasnt getting anything at the end of matches….

+ seansmith9322 on November 1st, 2015 at 10:14 am said:

Ok I had to Close the app and restart once I unlocked all of the regular items, then the halloween stuff started to drop