PlayStation Vue

Oct 05

21891511665_e865e5826c_z

PlayStation Now: Celebrate SHOCKTOBER with 13 New Subscription Games

James Martin's Avatar Posted by on Oct 05, 2015 // Director of Marketing, PS Now

SHOCKTOBER will be a month like no other on the PlayStation Now Game Streaming Subscription service. Thirteen dangerously fun games will be unleashed on the subscription service on Tuesday, October 6th to get your Halloween celebrations started with a bang! We also hope to resurrect your interest in fifteen other frightfully good games already haunting the service, so be sure to check some of the existing games in the service as well.

Here’s a video showcasing 6 SHOCKTOBER Games (3 new, 3 existing) to show you just a bit of the good stuff within the PlayStation Now subscription games library.

13 New SHOCKTOBER Games

The Last of Us Left Behind

The Last of Us: Left Behind

The Last of Us: Left Behind combines themes of survival, loyalty and love with tense, survival-action gameplay in this critically acclaimed chapter to the best-selling game, The Last of Us. Play through the poignant story of Ellie and Riley as they use firearms, improvised weapons and stealth to defend against hostile humans and zombie-like creatures. (Rated Mature)

Bloodrayne Betrayal

BloodRayne: Betrayal

Slay ghastly enemies as Rayne, the original video game femme fatale with superhuman strength, speed, and agility in this 2D side-scrolling hack-n-slash adventure. With the help of a mysterious friend and members of Brimstone, Rayne must take out a fiendish horde and stop an evil master plot once and for all. (Rated Teen)

All Zombies Must Die

All Zombies Must Die!

You’re all that stands between 6 billion zombies and the world’s supply of delicious, supple head-candy. It’s you versus an unrelenting, undead army in this non-stop zombie-fighting romp, so reload your shotguns and lock up your brains: All Zombies Must Die! (Rated Teen)

Painkiller Hell and Damnation

Painkiller: Hell & Damnation

Capture the souls of 7,000 demon spawn in a deal with Death to win reunion with your wife in this first-person shooter. Weapons include the eponymous Painkiller, as well as the Stakethrower, Electrodriver and the new Soulcatcher, which shoots saw blades and sucks the souls from enemies. (Rated Mature)

Deception IV Blood Ties

Deception IV: Blood Ties

Indulge your dark side and step into the role of the Devil’s Daughter as you mercilessly trap human victims on a quest for retribution. With over 120 traps to choose from, you’ll get to place ever more elaborate, sadistic and humiliating combos in this trap-based strategy game. (Rated Mature)

Slender The Arrival

Slender: the Arrival

Slender: The Arrival is a survival-horror game adaptation of “Slender Man.” Its unadulterated use of tension and fear will keep you in its grasp long after you’re done playing the game. (Rated Teen)

Costume Quest 2

Costume Quest 2

Collect candy and costumes to thwart the plans of Dr. Orel White, the nefarious dentist who wishes to see Halloween banished forever. Take on the powers of the costumes you wear in this whimsical, well-heeled role-playing game. (Rated Everyone 10+)

Stick it to the Man

Stick it to The Man

On an ordinary day, hard hat tester Ray has a bizarre accident and wakes up with a giant pink spaghetti arm sticking out of his brain, giving him extraordinary mind-reading powers. What more do you really need to know to want to play this game? (Rated Teen)

Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut

In this post-apocalyptic retro-styled 2D survival horror game, you’ll control a nameless protagonist based on directions provided by the character’s apparent hallucinations. Lone Survivor’s gameplay, storyline, and multiple endings will keep you coming back for more — even after Halloween has come and gone. (Rated Teen)

Blood Knights

Blood Knights

Play as a vampire-hunter turned vampire in this hack-n-slash game featuring platformer and RPG elements. You’ll have to off against human outlaws, demons, werewolves and other vampires before you secure the Blood Seal and reclaim your honor. (Rated Mature)

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunter

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

Embark in life-or-death battles with evil ghosts that lurk in the darkness of Tokyo in this mash-up of adventure, visual novel gameplay and strategy RPG elements. Treat yourself to the not-to-be-missed art-style, character animations, backgrounds and story! (Rated Teen)

Final Exam

Final Exam

Final Exam is an action-packed side-scroller, drenched in the blood and caustic humor. Test your mettle in this wild mash-up of monsters, baseball bats, chainsaws, and references to video games and teen horror movies! (Rated Teen)

Zombie Tycoon II

Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov’s Revenge

Unleash zombie hordes in this “fun, funny and original” RTS game — where you control the zombies. The fun only ends when all of your zombie squads are eliminated. (Rated Teen)

15 Shockingly Fun Games Already in the PlayStation Now Subscription

The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season

Play as Lee Everett, a convicted criminal who has been given a second chance at life in a world devastated by the undead. With corpses returning to life and survivors stopping at nothing to maintain their own safety, protecting an orphaned girl named Clementine may offer him redemption in a world gone to hell. Play the Complete First Season, which includes all five episodes and the “400 Days” DLC. (Rated Mature)

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

Experience the thrill and terror of the Resident Evil franchise like never before with the Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition. Featuring Chris Redfield of the original Resident Evil and new partner Sheva Alomar, a West African agent of the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA), this sci-fi action, survival game is packed with hordes of fast-moving, quick-thinking enemies that represent a whole new breed of unimaginable undead evil. (Rated Mature)

inFamous Festival of Blood

inFAMOUS Festival of Blood

Vampires swarm New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. Explore the darker side of the inFAMOUS universe as Cole races against the clock to find and kill the head vampire to save his soul and city. (Rated Teen)

Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal

Discover psychotic power-ups and insanely-outfitted weapons of Twisted destruction in this over-the-top, vehicular combat game. It’s the ultimate demolition derby game. Once you play, you’ll never drive the same again! (Rated Teen)

Enslaved Premium Edition

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Escape or die in this vividly rendered post-apocalyptic cinematic masterpiece, co-directed by Andy Serkis (Lord of the Rings, King Kong). Think on your feet and choose your path to battle through the perilous environmental and deadly enemy obstacles that wait at every turn. (Rated Teen)

Alone in the Dark

Alone in the Dark: Inferno

Take on the role of paranormal investigator Edward Carnby who, over the course of one apocalyptic night, must fight to survive and uncover the earth-shattering secret behind New York’s Central Park. Intense storytelling and unprecedented environmental interaction await you in this thrilling apocalyptic survival horror game. (Rated Mature)

Darksiders

Darksiders

Taking on the role of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse in this action role-playing hack-n-slash game. Fight angels and demons with your two-handed sword, Chaoseater, or wickedly powerful Scythe— or tear enemies apart with your own two hands! (Rated Mature)

Darksiders II

Darksiders II

Darksiders II follows the exploits of Death, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, in the follow-up game that runs parallel to the events in the original Darksiders game. This epic journey propels Death across an expansive world as he tries to redeem his brother, War, the horseman blamed for prematurely starting the Apocalypse in Darksiders. (Rated Mature)

Siren Blood Curse

Siren: Blood Curse Episodes 1-12

Evade terrifying ‘Shibito’—reanimated corpses that retain a sense of intelligence and personality—in this stealthy survival-horror game. Your mission is not only to stay alive and protect others as you play through as twelve distinct yet interconnected characters as they try to survive a cursed village. (Rated Mature)

Dead Island

Dead Island

Experience action role-playing survival-horror gameplay at its finest as you fight melee-style to survive a zombie-infested open-world island. Earn experience and level-up your character to gain health, stamina and skills to give yourself a fighting chance against the zombie hoard. (Rated Mature)

Dead Island Riptide

Dead Island Riptide

Dead Island Riptide takes players to the island of Palanai on the Banoi archipelago, infested with bloodthirsty zombies and only a few remaining Survivors still fighting for their lives. With new terrifying enemies, deadly weapons, a new playable character and much more, Dead Island Riptide will draw you back into a world that has grown corrupt – with the last rays of hope vanishing in rising tides. (Rated Mature)

Overlord II

Overlord II

Play the role of Overlord in this dark and satirical action-adventure game, where your goal is to destroy or conquer the land by commanding hordes of small creatures known as “Minions.” Operate siege weapons, attack boats, war machines and even take direct control over the strongest minion in your minion horde to lead the rest through the use of the “Possession Stone.” (Rated Teen)

Overlord Raising Hell

Overlord: Raising Hell

Get immersed in twisted parodies of classic fantasy scenarios and characters and revel in the black humor and dark irony of Overlord: Raising Hell. Play dirty tricks on anything that moves and unleash your horde of slavishly loyal rascals to become even more powerful. Be evil… or really evil with Overlord – it’s time to raise hell. (Rated Teen)

Bound by Flame

Bound by Flame

When your character falls under the spell of a demonic influence, you must choose between the evil powers that are offered or rejecting them in favor of developing heroic talents. Your decisions will bear heavy consequences, so will you struggle to keep your humanity or will you be tempted by the demon’s power and let it take over? (Rated Mature)

The Last Guy

The Last Guy

The earth has been struck by a mysterious purple beam of light, and everyone touched by it has turned into a giant zombie. You are the chosen one and it is up to you to rescue the last survivors on earth by leading them to safety through zombie-infested streets. With a classic arcade style overhead view, make your way through detailed real-world cities and use your heat vision to find people hiding in buildings. Then lead them to the Escape Zone before time runs out in this frantic, addictive game. (Rated Everyone 10+)

We hope you get to play all of the 13 new SHOCKTOBER games and explore the ever-expanding library of 150+ games on the PlayStation Now subscription service. Click here to start your 7-Day FREE Trial.

+ death_nation100 on October 5th, 2015 at 11:07 am said:

Where’s Costume Quest 1 ? Is it there?

+ GooieGreen on October 5th, 2015 at 4:26 pm said:

If it isn’t there, it might be an IP rights issue from the THQ days preventing it from going up properly… or whatever :P

+ RhonnyK on October 5th, 2015 at 11:23 am said:

Good games. Great Games!

I wish the PSNow service was available in Brazil.

Still no word about it?

+ Superstone on October 5th, 2015 at 11:32 am said:

Still a rip off. Why would I pay a subscription for games I already own? Just make ps4 backwards compatible.

+ ClinToN on October 5th, 2015 at 11:34 am said:

So don’t and stop complaining.

+ JKar275 on October 5th, 2015 at 11:59 am said:

Yes, I totally agree!!!

I refuse to try the 7-day free trial of PS Now until we don’t have to pay anything to play those PS3 games that we already own on PS4. Microsoft states that the Xbox One will support backward compatibiilty (at no additional cost to the players) of at least 100 Xbox 360 games on Xbox One this fall.. It’s time that Sony does something similar for those of us who have an extensive library of PS3 games & would like to play them on PS4 – at no additional cost,

+ Crazymanwalking1 on October 5th, 2015 at 12:27 pm said:

Easy solution for backwards compatibility: Keep you’re PS3

I always have my PS3 hooked up to my TV in case i want to take a break from PS4 and go back to relive my PS3 games

+ tusunami on October 6th, 2015 at 9:19 am said:

If you don’t like the service the don’t buy it common sense lol.

+ KCOnDaTrack on October 15th, 2015 at 12:12 am said:

If u already own the game digitally then it’s free on PlayStation now rather if you have the subscription or not

+ favian on October 25th, 2015 at 11:47 am said:

Do you think everyone else has the same games you own? Some people missed out on last gen completely. The service isn’t for you, stop whining

+ ClinToN on October 5th, 2015 at 11:36 am said:

Nice the see The Last Guy being brought up again. That’s one that people shouldn’t sleep on.

+ juggalorider on October 5th, 2015 at 3:29 pm said:

That’s funny since I think the last guy is one of the worst games ever. When Sony first announced that they are supporting indies I thought it was cool but after one year I realized that they aren’t gonna bring the good ones. Just the stupid an really bad graphics. Dead trigger 2 would be great on ps4. I play on my cell phone an would love it on vita but o also play on I Mac though Facebook an it would be great on there to

+ GooieGreen on October 5th, 2015 at 4:30 pm said:

Such a fun game. Hopefully more people will play it now!

+ MakaiOokami on October 6th, 2015 at 12:19 pm said:

Yet Sony had some of hte best indies on any console platform. I’d easily argue the absolute best of any console.

James Martin's Avatar

+ James Martin on October 5th, 2015 at 11:39 am said:

Totally agree – The Last Guy is a great game!

+ zombibolas on October 5th, 2015 at 12:17 pm said:

the walking dead is great hits

James Martin's Avatar

+ James Martin on October 5th, 2015 at 12:20 pm said:

The Walking Dead is still one of my all-time favorites!

+ yunggunn80 on October 5th, 2015 at 12:24 pm said:

I find PS Now to be an incredibly exciting service and, as it stands right now, a good value that will only improve over time. I applaud Sony for being ambitious and hope to see it improve in the future to offer 1080p streaming with 5.1 audio. Also, the eventual addition of PS1, PS2, and PS4 games. This is the future folks, get on board.

James Martin's Avatar

+ James Martin on October 5th, 2015 at 12:59 pm said:

Thanks yunggunn80 – as of tomorrow we will have 150+ PS3 games within the subscription service!

+ hazelcabug on October 5th, 2015 at 12:54 pm said:

Since the release of PS NOW the quality of ps plus became INDIE plus. And the support for SONY FIRST PARTY GAME for vita from rare to NONE. Good job SONY nice move in investing PS NOW. PS3 AND VITA will be my last product from sony.

+ GooieGreen on October 5th, 2015 at 4:28 pm said:

YUP! Correlation implies Causation >,>

+ juggalorider on October 5th, 2015 at 1:34 pm said:

This is the lamest thing ever! Streaming games is retarded due to the fact I tried the 7 day trial an it lags on days it sunny so when I get bad weather it’s almost unplayable. I own some games on download I wish I could download on ps4. Gta San Andreas, re5 an re6 an that’s all I can think of right now

+ GooieGreen on October 5th, 2015 at 4:29 pm said:

You’ve made your feedback known; please drop it.

+ ElektroDragon on October 5th, 2015 at 1:54 pm said:

Are all the games still only in STEREO? That was a huge dealbreaker for me.

+ Rezolution77 on October 5th, 2015 at 2:22 pm said:

A horrible service, that is a complete insult to past PS3 digital buyers.

You can not compete with Gamefly on this one. Maybe if your mentally handicapped, and stuck in some miserable hole, and its the only way to get out.

Think I would rather saw my own leg off, personally.

+ MakaiOokami on October 6th, 2015 at 12:29 pm said:

How is it an insult to past Digital buyers? Because they don’t have servers playing a game and then pushing out a video feed of the game out to your console at great infrastructure cost to you just because you bought a game for $5 digitally once on the PSN store?

Provided it works in someone’s home environment (the beta seemed to work well) this is much better than Gamefly. You’d spend $22 for Darksiders and Darksiders 2, or you can play those games and over 100 others for about half the price. Bandwidth caps allowing that is.

I don’t see how people view it as a “bad” service. I can understand if it doesn’t fit within the narrow confines of your personal experience, but that kind of negativity pushes people who SHOULD give it a try, who might have their life changed and a whole new world of experiences they never could have afforded to try…. but nope they shouldn’t subscribe because YOU have some bone that you don’t really explain in any detail to pick with the service.

Why are you so toxic? I mean sawing your leg off? WHat’s with the Hyperoble. Show me on the Sackboy where PS now touched you.

+ CJegg on October 5th, 2015 at 2:27 pm said:

Any info on improvements to the UK service? We don’t have subscriptions yet and games don’t seem to be getting added. Square Enix games vanished with no explanation.

I’m impressed with the service but it seems to be focused on America, which is a shame.

+ AlbieG- on October 5th, 2015 at 3:37 pm said:

PlayStation.. please believe me when I say that I love you more than anyone but, please add that ONE game that will really reel me in! I’m just waiting for that 1 must play title so I can go ahead and justify my subscription. Also we need to start seeing some Classics on there.

+ juggalorider on October 5th, 2015 at 3:58 pm said:

Ya the only PS3 game I would rent is black ops 3 so I can play zombies again. I sold my PS3 to help get my ps4. Hurry because once black ops 3 comes out I’ll stop wanting to play black ops 2

+ NegrusPS on October 5th, 2015 at 7:05 pm said:

I love my PlayStation Vita, and I probably in the minority but I love the Ps now on my vita, I would like to the Mafia 2 coming to the subscription street fighter 4… I also wonder, why is it that some games are only rental? If I’m paying for a subscription I think it would be nice/ fair if I have access to ALL the games, other than that PS NOW IS GREAT!!! AND VITA TOO !

+ Hugo-D-HawkX on October 6th, 2015 at 6:24 am said:

I actually decided to give this a try (PSNow) and it works surprisingly well!

However, when trying to run Left Behind (DLC for Last of US) I get the error code : 8002E770

When doing a little digging I found out this code is for DLC from the Store that are NOT included in Playstation Now…

It would have been nice if Sony could have gotten their act together for once and made sure stuff actually worked before starting the PR promo and releasing the video… guess that was too much to hope for…

+ lxcainxl on October 6th, 2015 at 10:53 am said:

No thank you, Sony.
I’d rather just own the games.

If this is where the future of gaming lies, then I’ll be getting out of gaming.

+ MakaiOokami on October 6th, 2015 at 12:22 pm said:

So you never went to a blockbuster, or a Hollywood Video, or a Movie Crazy, and paid $6 for a game rental for 3 or so days? Or a $3 a day rental for a game?

This is a rental service designed so that if someone has a t.v. with the service or a PS3, they can pay $15 and sample a bunch of games.

Think about poor kids who maybe only have $10-20 a month to spend. They can get some game super discounted, or they can have an entire buffet of different games all for a reasonable price.

What’s wrong with PS Now? It doesn’t fit your specific needs as a collector with way too much disposable income to understand what impoverished people might be dealing with?

I wish people would think outside of their boxes a bit.

+ Akyno_7 on October 6th, 2015 at 2:33 pm said:

I see Left Behind for rent 8.99 USD without subscribtion.
Something is VERY wrong…

+ killa_Juggalo_21 on October 25th, 2015 at 10:14 am said:

Sony needs to put Dark souls or better yet Demon’s souls on ps now. Then i would subscribe until then though ps now is not worth it.