Watch Dogs 2

Oct 12

22014549536_71c9c3e6b3_z

Rocket League Goes Back to the Future!

22014549536_71c9c3e6b3_z

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar Posted by on Oct 12, 2015 // Vice President of Marketing, Psyonix

Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads… But we do need a pitch!

Starting October 21, 2015 — the same day that Marty McFly traveled to in Back to the Future, Part II — The world-famous DeLorean Time Machine will officially appear as a playable Battle-Car in Rocket League!

Truth be told, we used to fantasize and joke about having the DeLorean Time Machine in our game months before it even came out. We were all such huge Back to the Future fans here at Psyonix, that it was one of the few “Holy Grails” we had hoped for besides having a hit game. The fact that we’re getting both of those “best-case scenarios” in the same year is an amazing accomplishment for us, they’re things we’ll never forget!

Hopefully you’ll never forget your time with the DeLorean Time Machine either, as we’ve worked meticulously to recreate its look, feel, and folding jet-wheels just as they appeared in the original motion picture trilogy. Best of all, it’s a heck of a lot of fun to play with — and comes complete with its signature “Burnt Rubber” Rocket Trail to boot!

Rocket League: Back to the Future

Available in the “Back to the Future Car Pack,” the DeLorean Time Machine will retail for $1.99 USD or its regional equivalent starting October 21!

(P.S. If you want to grab even more content before the DeLorean Time Machine hits the field next week, don’t forget to drop by PlayStation Store tomorrow and pick up the “Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC Pack,” for $3.99 US)

Rocket League: Back to the Future

+ capt-schmo on October 12th, 2015 at 8:50 am said:

Nice!

+ Butters360 on October 12th, 2015 at 8:50 am said:

Found my new main car. Plus you can’t beat that burnt tire tracks.

+ FifthDream on October 12th, 2015 at 8:51 am said:

This is the most amazing thing. I expect to see no other cars being used once this is available.

+ flatliner718 on October 12th, 2015 at 8:53 am said:

If this baby hits 88 MPH will I see some serious ****?!!!!?!?

+ TomG1013 on October 12th, 2015 at 12:57 pm said:

When this baby hits 88 MPH you’re gonna see some serious s-GOAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

+ K11I9N14G7 on October 12th, 2015 at 8:56 am said:

Plus when it hits 88mph it teleports on the last player action automatically :)

+ LeandroDiFini on October 12th, 2015 at 8:58 am said:

Ok, ok. This one I will HAVE to get it!

+ creaturekyle on October 12th, 2015 at 9:06 am said:

Great Scott! This is good news.

+ Kaznasty- on October 12th, 2015 at 9:09 am said:

Guys, I can’t thank you enough for this. Awesome entry to the playable cars and it looks like you’ve taken great care to include relevant details; it doesn’t go unnoticed! Nice work.

+ kitler53 on October 12th, 2015 at 9:09 am said:

i was just thinking about how much back to the future would look awesome in this game. nice to see it happen!!

+ Neolit on October 12th, 2015 at 9:13 am said:

1. Psynoix reminds me incredibly (phonetically) of Psygnosis, my childhood’s favorite developer studio so, points there.

2. You made your game available via PS Plus (so, I got it for next to nothing)

3. ABOVE ALL: Rocket League f*****g rocks! It is by far th most enjoying game I played on PS4 this year and I play a lot of games. It is my personal GOTY so far.

So, because of 1,2 and 3 I am purchasing every single DLC you guys publish, regardless of what it is, but to see that you have done THIS for your fans just makes my heart melt.

Back to the Future DeLorian!

Bravo. Just Bravo

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on October 12th, 2015 at 10:38 am said:

Thank you very much. We are incredibly grateful for our fans and players. We really appreciate it.

+ GavinTheCard on October 12th, 2015 at 9:16 am said:

Okay, the car is awesome and of course I’m going to get it, but please, PLEASE tell me that new goal explosion with smoke writing is going in the game!

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on October 12th, 2015 at 10:31 am said:

The finished, working version of that goal screen effect is still a few updates away — polish, testing, and all that. So the effect you see there is still a work-in-progress. It was just too cool to not show it in the trailer, haha.

+ cusman on October 12th, 2015 at 9:27 am said:

Great Scott!

+ ZichiroARG on October 12th, 2015 at 9:29 am said:

OMG I cant believe this! I even asked for the Delorean almost joking like if it was something imposible last month in this forum. Thanks a lot guys!

This new awesome cars like Sweet Tooth and now the Delorean make me think there is actually no roof for asking thing lol. After seeing this trailer I though heck! what about other iconic cars like “KNIGHT RIDER”, “FORD GRAN TORINO from Starsky and Hutch, “X-34 LANDSPEDER from Star Wars”, “GHOSTBUSTERS car”, “the MATCH 5”, “a BATMAN 1 CAR”, “HERBIE” or even a “TRON based car”

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on October 12th, 2015 at 10:28 am said:

Yeah, there are all sorts of possibilities out there. Wait until you guys play with it, btw — it just “feels” right when you drive it.

=)

+ justinbbad on October 12th, 2015 at 10:01 am said:

I love it! Will absolutely pick this up.

+ Meerkhatt on October 12th, 2015 at 4:32 pm said:

I would love to play using a landspeeder!

+ Buckeye0707 on October 13th, 2015 at 9:45 am said:

You forgot about the “General Lee”!! Dukes of Hazard

+ pitolyo on October 12th, 2015 at 10:20 am said:

This is heavy.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on October 12th, 2015 at 10:25 am said:

There’s that word again! Why are things so heavy in the future? Has something happened to Earth’s gravitational pull?

+ bigdq666 on October 13th, 2015 at 2:26 pm said:

lol…nice

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on October 12th, 2015 at 10:25 am said:

As the biggest Back to the Future fan in North America* I am ALL. OVER. THIS.

*Unconfirmed, but I’m pretty sure I’m right

+ IwillKILLurGOD on October 12th, 2015 at 10:54 am said:

Game is awesome and I will support it with DLC 100%. Hope to see more amazing additions like this.

+ BreakinBad on October 12th, 2015 at 10:54 am said:

What car would you most like to see added now that you’ve gotten this one off your “Holy Grails” list? Warthog maybe? :P

+ HOTFIRE256 on October 13th, 2015 at 8:08 am said:

When the game isn’t even on xbox….a Warthog in the game would be amazing tho

+ PSWii2008 on October 12th, 2015 at 11:25 am said:

I remember when there was a DLC car in Burnout Paradise that looked very similar to the Delorean, but couldn’t be called that because of legal jumbo. This looks great!

+ swissmr on October 12th, 2015 at 12:02 pm said:

How did you resist charging $1.88 instead of 1.99.
Also thanks!
Excited to hear the Ghostbusters Ecto 1 is next! Then 60s batmobile. Oh was i just wishing? Wink wink

+ no_you_girls on October 13th, 2015 at 6:06 am said:

just because PSYONIX IS EFFIN GREAT, best corp, best music, best practices, guys are totally awesome.

+ madmankevin on October 12th, 2015 at 1:10 pm said:

10/21 is my birthday, and I have always planned on watching Back To The Future II on 10/21/2015. Looks like I’ll actually be able to drive the DeLorean around as well! Nice surprise bonus!

Awesome addition Jeremy and team!

+ Pokedude97 on October 12th, 2015 at 1:42 pm said:

Please let there be a trophy for this.

+ Ratchet426 on October 12th, 2015 at 2:15 pm said:

Lemme get this straight, Jeremy….

You made a time machine Rocket League car…..out of a DELOREAN!!!???

+ TomG1013 on October 12th, 2015 at 5:13 pm said:

HA!!! Funny!! Very amusing.

+ yohan12 on October 12th, 2015 at 2:59 pm said:

Will this add trophies, or just the cars?

+ thefoxymoron on October 12th, 2015 at 3:00 pm said:

Another amazing piece of DLC for the Best Surprise in Gaming of 2015!

Add me to the list of people who will buy whatever you continue to put out there, because I feel like I got your game for a steal (PS Plus) and want to support it for years to come!

+ TomG1013 on October 12th, 2015 at 5:10 pm said:

Damnit Dunham! I’ve had the Back To The Future theme stuck in my head all day.

+ SkepticalMystic on October 12th, 2015 at 5:59 pm said:

I got this game with PS+, so I didn’t pay anything. Then a few friends started playing on PC and I went to buy it and realized I got it free with my Pre-Order of the Steam controller. I would have paid for this game twice and instead got it for free both times. You’ve guaranteed DLC purchases from me in the future just so that I can support such an awesome developer. ESPECIALLY, once the Linux support is released.

+ ErickXavier on October 12th, 2015 at 7:45 pm said:

On the game announcement I thought “Hell no! No change this game will be cool!”

Then it came free in PSN Plus, and I “Well, it’s free! Gonna try it.”

Ok! I like it A LOT!

Then the first DLC came and I decided to buy because “Come’on! I gonna buy it just because I feel obligated to give the guys some of my money!”

Downloaded, played and… “Ok, they are really good on what they are doing on this game! LIKE IT MORE!”

Then the announcement of Revenge and Halloween DLCs… ok, gonna buy it because now I thrust you guys…

Then you do THIS TO ME?!?!?! MY FAVORITE CAR OF MY FAVORITE MOVIE?!?!?!?!?!?!

INSTANT LOVE.

PS.: Seriously, stop doing this! I don’t wanna be in a serious relationship right now!

+ cimerians on October 12th, 2015 at 9:43 pm said:

Will be getting it all. Just a great addictive game.

+ mr2nut123 on October 13th, 2015 at 1:19 am said:

OMG!! This is just INSANE! By far the best and most exciting DLC ever. I was always saying to my mates they need to put a Delorean Time Machine in this game and it just goes and happens. You’ve done a sterling job of detailing the car guys. Perhaps just add a bit of colour to the wiring between the two rear flux boxes. If you need up close photos of anything, give me a shout.

+ IcedDice777 on October 13th, 2015 at 3:26 am said:

Twisted Metal vehicles DLC packs and Ghostbusters’ Ecto-1 vehicle and i’ll gladly give you my money!
I’ll be waiting :)

+ no_you_girls on October 13th, 2015 at 5:44 am said:

Best trailer EVER! I’m freaking out here!!! STOKED! You guys rock ALL GAMES.
Rocket league FTW!!!! LOVE THIS GAME

+ BuriedSorrow on October 13th, 2015 at 5:57 am said:

Yes! Amazing! Now we need The Ectomobile and The Batmobile!

+ CeeM14 on October 13th, 2015 at 1:49 pm said:

Can it actually fly ?

+ paulogy on October 13th, 2015 at 2:15 pm said:

I’m not generally one to buy cosmetic/aesthetic DLC, personally. But this? This looks AWESOME :-)

+ scott-1118 on October 13th, 2015 at 5:40 pm said:

How about a Hill Valley Mall Parking Lot Arena with Doc Brown and his van of plutonium and his dog Einstein on the sideline!!

+ Thatpotatoman on October 13th, 2015 at 6:48 pm said:

“We have to go back!” why? “I missed the goal”

+ Jinnoulic on October 14th, 2015 at 12:11 am said:

As almost everyone else, I got the game for free via plus, and I recently started playing it.
It is really enjoyable and I’m gonna spend a lot of time with it in the forseeable future. Those DLC’s, are a perfect chance to support the developers that made one of the top3 games that became available through plus thus far in my opinion.

The only thing missing from Rocket League, is cross-platform parties, which I hope will become a possibility soon.

Keep up the good work!

+ Slikk on October 14th, 2015 at 3:59 pm said:

That intro shimmering sound from BTTF always, Always brings a smile to my face. Can’t wait to leave my opposing team in my firey trails on the way to the goal!
I’m happy for your success. I used to listen to the SOCOM Podcasts back in the day and then of course Beyond. Good luck in all your future endeavors.
RIP Zipper Interacive

+ Deus-PL- on October 16th, 2015 at 3:08 am said:

Hello Psyonix! :D

I just thought I will ask – sometimes the 5 min match is too long to switch between so many friends – will you ever consider making matches (even just for local matches) to be shorter like 3 minutes? :D

We would appreciate that :D

Your game rocks!

+ HeyZilip on October 18th, 2015 at 12:21 am said:

Cant wait for this! i love rocket league but can you make it so ps4 and pc players can party up?

+ pudgenet on October 21st, 2015 at 8:42 am said:

I bought it and installed it. My PS4 says the add-on is installed. I restarted the game, have the latest update … and I don’t see the car anywhere. Help!

+ AlexPerdiga on November 1st, 2015 at 7:18 am said:

Same here :/ Were you able to find a solution?