Overwatch

Oct 15

Oct 15

Organ Trail Complete Edition Coming to PS4, PS Vita October 20th

Ryan Wiemeyer's Avatar Posted by Co-owner, The Men Who Wear Many Hats

Organ Trail Complete Edition launches on October 20th for PS4 and PS Vita! Organ Trail is a retro zombie survival game. Travel westward in a station wagon with 4 of your friends, scavenging for supplies and fending off the undead. Packed full of zombie mechanics, themes and references, Organ Trail is a must-have for any zombie survival fans.

Organ Trail Complete Edition contains both the Endless Expansion and the brand new Final Cut Expansion. When we set out to make a console version of Organ Trail we decided that we wouldn’t just port it over, but that we had to take the opportunity to add everything the community ever asked for, even the features we insisted weren’t possible. Fans kept asking for a co-op mode and we would guffaw in their collective faces. Well, now we wrote down basically every idea that anyone ever had and added them all to the game; even co-op!

We’ve easily doubled the amount of content with the Final Cut Expansion; adding more characters, vehicles, zombies, bandits, boss fights, encounters, cities, and tons of secrets. We literally had to be pried away from our keyboards and stop cramming in new content to actually release this game for you to play.

Organ Trail Complete EditionOrgan Trail Complete Edition

Organ Trail is a game that is close to our hearts here at The Men Who Wear Many Hats. Originally released 5 years ago as a simple web game, Organ Trail has grown well beyond our wildest dreams with millions of players around the world. Over the past five years, we’ve expanded Organ Trail several times, pouring our passion into it and making it bigger and better. In return, we’ve been able to make the games we want to make. To celebrate, we’ve made the amazing live-action short above to celebrate Organ Trail as we sign off on it in this penultimate release.

And because Organ Trail looks as cool on your TV as it does in your pocket, we’ve decided to make Organ Trail Complete Edition a cross buy purchase with cloud save support. Play on the couch with a buddy using the drop in co-op and then sneak off to bed and keep playing on your PS Vita!

Organ Trail Complete Edition

We’re so excited to be putting this out you guys. We hope you have as much fun playing the zombie apocalypse as we’ve had making it.

Cheers!

Add Your Own

TeamGreen615 said:

October 15th, 7:22 am

Hey Clements, Whatever you do don’t ford the river with little Fredrick in your wagon. This very well could be the water disaster that was foreseen.

vongruetz said:

October 15th, 7:45 am

I’m having flashbacks of being in the third grade!! That looks really freaking cool. I’m excited to give this a try next week.

Ryan Wiemeyer's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

October 15th, 8:45 pm

If you’ve never played this, but you know Oregon Trail, it’s a blast.

cusman said:

October 15th, 8:15 am

I don’t get it

ChaseHammerJ said:

October 15th, 9:30 am

Its a play off the old game Oregon Trail

Ethereal said:

October 15th, 8:19 am

Sweet! I have heard good things about this and I really hate gaming on my phone. I’ll be looking into this!

OnTheBus666 said:

October 15th, 8:20 am

Nice I loved this game on iOS but the controls were kinda wonky. This will live on my vita forever

Lethal_NFS said:

October 15th, 8:29 am

Am I the only one bummed this didn’t say “Oregon Trail”?

nolter912 said:

October 15th, 9:07 am

No you are not, but seriously how awesome would that be?!

Lethal_NFS said:

October 15th, 4:38 pm

I think it would be great lol. I used to love playing The Oregon Trail back in the day.

murlocmilk said:

October 15th, 8:43 am

oh my god… Organ Trail on PS4/Vita is brilliant news….I loved it on PC and all those additions sound great…. and it’s even crossbuy.. No way I’m gonna miss that!

Ryan Wiemeyer's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

October 15th, 8:45 pm

Same here! I had no idea this was coming. Super happy to see it!

RUGACUBO said:

October 15th, 9:50 am

Looks great, adhoc mode on Ps Vita??? Please say yes.

paulogy said:

October 15th, 9:52 am

I loved Oregon Trail back in the day, and this seems to take that experience and make it better in every way. Also, love that this is cross-buy with Vita AND even supports local co-op! (can you go into more detail about that mode?) :-)

Boco33 said:

October 15th, 10:27 am

Basically any combat scenario (and a few other hidden ones) a friend on the second controller can jump in and assist you. We ven have a silly 2 player mode on the PS Vita (one player each takes a side of the Vita) During scavenging, player 2 takes control of a dog that can stun zombies with a bark and grab supplies and bring them back to the player. During shootouts or fishing, player 2 takes the role of one of your party members helping you shoot bandits or catch extra food. Player 2 can even take the wheel if you don’t have the guts to put down an infected party member. There’s lots of fun stuff we added so I implore you to explore the game and find them for yourself.

paulogy said:

October 16th, 8:14 am

Sounds great, thanks!

K11I9N14G7 said:

October 15th, 10:11 am

Yeah I was bummed that it was not Oregon Trail, but I love zombies also…so confused.

Ryan Wiemeyer's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

October 15th, 8:46 pm

It’s post-apocalyptic Oregon Trail. So good!

WolfyHopeless said:

October 15th, 10:21 am

Got this in a Humble Bundle on steam and loved/played the crap out of it. Will gladly buy this again on PSN

poodude said:

October 15th, 4:32 pm

I saw Game Grumps play this and it looked like a lot of fun with friends. I’m in for the PS4 version :D.

spacemonkeyham said:

October 15th, 6:28 pm

Awesome parody and fun to play. I’ll enjoy showing it to friends on Halloween.

Brendar said:

October 15th, 9:07 pm

ahh man, love the retro palette…recreates my 4 color gaming days on my Apple 2 plus back in the early 80s. Blue, orange, green, magenta and of course white! You guys nailed the look, too awesome.

Like the iPhone version, but always felt like it needed to be played with a controller. Can’t wait to find out on the 20th! Thanks for making it cross-buy.

anszbd1 said:

October 16th, 1:28 am

Already finished it in my android smartphone, this game is great althought shooting and aiming using touchscreen is little hard, I look forward to playing it with gamepad :)

FreelanceSam said:

October 16th, 8:57 am

Any idea on the price?? Played this on PC and I was shocked to see that not only is it coming to the Vita, but also the fact that it actually got a brand new update!

gondemoneo said:

October 17th, 8:06 pm

8 full colors are gonna look great on my oled screen, i can´t wait for playing the ET remake on my ps4….

drd7of14 said:

October 20th, 8:30 pm

Oh…Did you sign the contract where you’re forced to purchase anything that’s released that you don’t want to play? Yeah, that must stink. It’s a good thing there are plenty of people that make a choice to purchase said game or not. Pretty sure it existing shouldn’t bother anyone not interested. As long as you didn’t sign the contact, as aforementioned.

ericwithcheese said:

October 19th, 2:13 pm

Sadly, I’ve never heard of this game before, but it looks great. I’ma huge Oregon Trail player from my childhood and a zombie fan so this should be a lot of fun to try!