Overwatch

Oct 26

Oct 26

Helldivers: Democracy Strikes Back Expansion Launches Today

Malin Hedström's Avatar Posted by Co-Founder, Arrowhead Game Studios

Citizens of Super-Earth, we are excited to announce Democracy Strikes Back, the latest free content expansion for Helldivers, available today on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.

Helldivers Democracy Strikes Back

Our third expansion, Helldivers: Democracy Strikes Back adds the Retaliatory Strike Mission: drop down into the enemy strongholds and liberate! Expect wave after wave of enemies to resist your presence.

Rise up the ranks! Helldivers: Democracy Strikes Back also adds 20 new ranks raising the max to 50!

The expansion will also be accompanied by the release of additional DLC reinforcements; the Terrain Specialist and the Precision Expert, available for purchase today.

Helldivers Terrain Specialist

When you need to move fast through difficult terrain, the Terrain Specialist is the Helldiver to call upon. Equipped with all weather gear and boots capable of compensating for difficult terrain, they feel at home in any environment.

Helldivers Democracy Strikes Back

The Terrain Specialist Pack contains:

• All Terrain Boots Perk – The Helldiver All Terrain Boots allows you to power through difficult terrain. Great for snow planets or when you need to cross a swamp.
  • Missile Barrage Stratagem – A portable missile battery fires a salvo at the targeted location, pretty much obliterating anything in the targeted area.
  • The Terrain Specialist Uniform, a cosmetic helmet, armor, and cape.
  • Helldivers Precision Expert

Equipped with specialized measuring gear, these Helldivers excel at landing precision strikes in a shorter time than other Helldivers. When you absolutely must hit with your stratagem, and in a timely manner, this is your Helldiver.

Helldivers Democracy Strikes Back

The Precision Expert Pack contains:

• Precision Call In Perk – Better targeting data when calling in Stratagems allows them to be delivered faster. Stratagem call in time is lowered by 1 second.
    • Precision Artillery Strike Stratagem – An artillery strike fired in a tight cluster with top modern homing rounds able to alter their trajectory. It uses the same targeting algorithm as the Railcannon strike.
    • The Precision Expert Uniform, a cosmetic helmet, armor, and cape.

It is time to liberate once more…

The Arrowhead Team
    #ForSuperEarth

Add Your Own

MaryBOtero said:

October 26th, 7:25 am

Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $100 per hour. I work through this link. wallstreet34.com

sabot37 said:

October 26th, 8:33 am

That’s so cool, can I earn trophies too?

Fuhr31 said:

October 26th, 8:59 am

Look mom, no mods!!!

opikal said:

October 26th, 2:42 pm

Make over $7.25 an hour working at McDonald’s with this one simple trick!

Kaznasty- said:

October 26th, 7:25 am

I haven’t played Helldivers in ages but this just may be the thing to get me back in to it. Looks good guys!

Supermoon11 said:

October 26th, 7:31 am

Every time i think i max out and think I’m done with Helldivers, you guys just pull me right back in!

ForeverAPeon said:

October 26th, 7:46 am

You’ll never escape from Democracy! *evil laugh*

OnTheBus666 said:

October 26th, 7:35 am

All terrain boots perk will be a game changer! So stoked for this update. Thanks arrowhead!

ForeverAPeon said:

October 26th, 7:46 am

Happy to oblige to the community’s wished – it was a request we saw over and over again :)

TeamGreen615 said:

October 26th, 7:47 am

I just bought the Super Earth Ultimate Edition on the PS4 at retail because I thought it was the complete version. What’s next, a Super Earth Extreme Ultimate Edition? Not cool fellas!

kmtburton said:

October 26th, 8:01 am

It does say its free. So its still technically complete.

TeamGreen615 said:

October 26th, 8:07 am

My apologies, should have read everything. I will be having crow tonight for dinner. :)

Aduro2599 said:

October 26th, 11:11 am

Actually, despite what the below poster says, the new DLC packs are not free, yes the main content update…adding new levels, is…sure, but that doesn’t come with new guns for those levels, nor stratgems…those cost.

It does suck, my cousin just bought the 40$ pack that “Incudes ALL Helldiver DLC”, and then this. I feel like he should get it retroactively.

Only got the normal edition myself. Oh well ~

ChazzyChazX said:

October 26th, 8:52 am

****** game with ****** expansion – this game end up like 100 bucks or more

Fuhr31 said:

October 26th, 8:58 am

With multiplayer games, it always feels like if you don’t get in right at launch, it is too late. How far behind would a new player be? Is it worth jumping in, or is it too late?

leowtyx said:

October 26th, 11:43 am

No, it’s too late, Pro’s like me will obliterate any low level players we come across.

jk… It’s a co-operative game. There are 3 difficulty levels, you will just pick the low level and be playing with similar level players.

NEOMERCER said:

October 26th, 11:27 am

I literally just freaking bought the Ultimate Edition yesterday while GameStop was having a special deal….Why the hell is there an “Ultimate Edition” when not even all the content was released….Way to make a guy feel jipped. I mean the game is good a lot better than I was expecting but it’s a similar feeling to when you buy a game and then it immediately is free with Plus the next day.

warezIbanez said:

October 26th, 11:59 am

Don’t worry Neomercer, the Super Earth edition you probably picked up has the previous DLC I didn’t plan on purchasing. I like the game and all, bought it Day 1 and all, but it does suck to have to buy additional DLC to supplement your abilities. I kinda ran out of things to earn as well. That said, it is an independent team and they probably need the cash to survive, so I’m not advising any ‘protest.’

ChazzyChazX said:

October 26th, 3:13 pm

this game not worth 40 bucks, well probably they will have another super ultimate version coming up next year

socktastic said:

October 26th, 6:52 pm

I own the Ultimate Edition and the two new DLCs are listed as free on the PSN store – just “purchased” them now.

Rezolution77 said:

October 26th, 3:12 pm

Sad that Sony’s last real Vita venture has almost more skin purchases than LBP.

I bought it close to release, and glad that it is usually free, but I do not like the addition memory card space taken with more lack of game-play content.

montythedeadgoat said:

October 27th, 1:03 am

Just had a look and the new content is on the store to buy and the description of the ultimate edition still says

“Download HELLDIVERS™: Super-Earth Ultimate Edition to get HELLDIVERS and every single piece of DLC – every reinforcement class, weapon, Stratagem and vehicle – plus a HELLDIVERS theme for your PlayStation®4 home screen.”

Says you get every single piece of DLC, no mention of dates, time limits etc.

Wondering if the digital version has been updated to include all the new stuff for free?

IcedDice777 said:

October 27th, 2:46 am

Awesome! Will buy in a few. Hoping to see another expansion with new aliens/missions and weapons! Even after earning the platinum, i still play regularly. Bloodborne,Arkham knight, MGS 5, Borderlands, The witcher 3 and many more titles have yet to be finished because This game what i’m playing the most, it’s a tonne of fun :)

My Game of the year.

My .02

GeneralPorky said:

October 27th, 4:47 am

Hi, I bougt the super-earth ultimate edition however this was on a secondary account and I am just sharing the dlcs throught my other accounts on my primary ps4, however my main account was unable to receive the 2 new dlcs.

TrinaVMartinez said:

October 27th, 6:02 am

kbytz3 said:

November 7th, 11:21 pm

Why Sony allowed this game to be in PC?????? , now they’ve broken my trust. T_T. No more “Only on Playstation” Scam pls