Uncharted 4

Oct 27

Oct 27

Tekken 7 Announced for PS4

David Lee's Avatar Posted by Community Specialist, Bandai Namco Entertainment

Get ready to get back in the ring for Tekken 7…

Tekken 7

The fighting franchise with more than two decades of technical level fighting and a deeply dedicated community is back with Tekken 7! It will be running on Unreal Engine 4 for the first time with highly detailed characters and dynamic environments. The home console version of Tekken 7 benefits from numerous modes along with an intensive canon storyline and many other enhancements to be revealed.

Tekken is celebrating its 20th anniversary with the latest chapter in the historic series. Continue the fight amongst the Mishima clan and its newest member: Kazumi Mishima. What secrets will be revealed within the Mishima clan? The epic conclusion will unfold in Tekken 7!

Tekken 7

Under the leadership of Katsuhiro Harada, Tekken 7 continues to be developed by the Tekken Team at Bandai Namco Entertainment.

Stay tuned in the coming months for character reveals, new gameplay mechanics, and videos showing off all of the new and exciting features in Tekken 7.

Add Your Own

Xcaligamer1 said:

October 27th, 11:52 am

Been waiting forever it feels like for a release date and I still don’t have it

David Lee's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

October 27th, 1:32 pm

I’m so stoked for this. I loved Tekken Tag 2 and I’m dying to see how it will take advantage of PS4 hardware

gerneric123 said:

October 27th, 11:53 am

I swear Tekken 7 was announced like last year. Chill. lol

RadioGalen8m0654 said:

November 1st, 12:28 pm

Tekken 7

gerneric123 said:

October 27th, 11:52 am

If Tekken team can waste money on VR and Wii U, they can waste money on a Vita port of TTT2.

sealum01 said:

October 27th, 12:10 pm

I would hardly consider VR development to be a waste. I think that 3rd-person camera games like Tekken 7 are particularly well suited for VR. It would be like controlling an actual full-sized 3D fighter from a spectator seat! This would be significantly more immersing than doing the same thing on a TV, even if there is no direct gameplay advantage when wearing the headset.

elscarface said:

October 27th, 12:05 pm

PS exclusive?

LeiFangFan85 said:

October 27th, 12:11 pm

Easily the worst Tekken by far. Omitting half of the iconic roster that many longtime Tekken fans knew and loved was a big mistake on Harada’s part. Not to mention the game itself is bombing hard in both Japanese and Korean arcades everywhere.:P

Joyrex said:

October 27th, 12:30 pm

Based on what info? And, just to ask – have you actually played Tekken 7?

Welmosca said:

October 27th, 10:47 pm

@ Joyrex – You just need to search for it…a lot of iconic characters aren’t included in the arcade versions as of now.
    Lei,Eddy,Nina,Anna,Christie,Bruce,Baek,Raven,Bob,Ganryu,Kuma just to name a few.
    If the game releases like that it will be a massive disappointment for fans like me.
    But he said:

“Stay tuned in the coming months for character reveals”

So I hope we get all the characters that can be in the story at the very least.

paulogy said:

October 27th, 12:45 pm

I hope this iteration includes a Tag mode. It was one of my favorite features from TTT and would be a welcome addition in lieu of waiting for a dedicated game devoted to this multiplayer mode :-)

David Lee's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

October 27th, 1:33 pm

I’d welcome it, but deep down I’m more into the 1:1 style (unless I’ve got friends over…). Even in Tekken Tag 2 I tended to choose one buffed character over a tag team.

Welmosca said:

October 27th, 10:24 pm

It won’t happen sadly…that’s why we got Tekken Tag to play with Tag.
    Tekken 7 won’t have a Tag mode.

ChipWhitley said:

October 27th, 1:44 pm

Finally! It’s not a Playstation system without a Tekken game on there. The graphics look good and frame rate looks really nice. The only thing that concerns me is that the damage seems to have gone up, so a singe bound combo against a wall can take up over 50% of your life. That will make defense more important but will it be more fun overall?

KazeEternal said:

October 27th, 2:09 pm

2 things
1) Tekken 7 and TTT2 on Vita
2) Fix TTT2 on PS3 I can’t even boot the game. It crashes on boot for me. I’ve uninstalled countless times and even tried it on 3 differetn PS3’s. I borrowed someone elses copy and no dice. Somewith game saves or DLC is breaking the game.

Septrelo said:

October 27th, 2:24 pm

Tekken still exists?

plaztiksyke said:

October 27th, 2:39 pm

are there any GLBT characters?

the VR experience sounds interesting, almost like a simplified “God” game.

Ryuhza said:

October 27th, 4:44 pm

Leo might be. They recently added facial hair customization to the arcade version, and she’s the only female member of the cast who can equip it.

Ryuhza said:

October 27th, 4:46 pm

If only we had a nice Tekken Tag 2 remaster to tide us over while we wait. Or hell, Tekken 6. There’s a game that would benefit greatly from better IQ and load times.

But who am I kidding? :(

Welmosca said:

October 27th, 10:27 pm

WTF?…you want them to recycle their games?…unbelievable.Luckily Harada and Namco ain’t into this crap.

Welmosca said:

October 27th, 11:08 pm

No surprise at all eh,I knew Tekken 7 was coming to PS4 and despite me hating the changes you guys made in the gameplay,yeah you know what I’m talking about…Rage Arts and Power Crushers…I still can’t wait to play Tekken 7 on PS4,can’t wait to try all them new characters specially Lucky Chloe.
Its a DAY 1 BUY already,if there is any pre-order up I’m pre-ordering…CAN’T WAIT but I’m really like really putting ma hopes on those character reveals…please don’t disappoint us fans.

omry23399 said:

October 28th, 4:27 am

tekken 7 will be playstation 4 exclusive?

Welmosca said:

October 28th, 9:00 am

Just saw the announce trailer and it says “Sony Computer Entertainment presents” at the beginning…like some here I’m now curious to now if Tekken 7 will be PS4 exclusive.

EmperorKorea said:

October 30th, 10:01 am

Official PR release says it’s also on xbone.

EmperorKorea said:

October 30th, 10:01 am

Hey guys, please buff Lars in the console release.

#BUFFLARS