Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Nov 15

Star Wars Battlefront

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 11/17/2015

Star Wars Battlefront

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by on Nov 15, 2015 // Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

The Rebels and Imperials clash across the stars in spectacular new battles. Heroes and villains from the Star Wars universe meet on the field. And a new generation of players prepare for war. Star Wars Battlefront is almost here, and it’s bringing larger-than-life experiences to PS4 this week.

Developed by the renowned team at DICE, Star Wars Battlefront features massive battles on iconic locales, from the frozen wastes of Hoth to the dense forests of Endor. Rebel or Imperial, grab a blaster and enter the fray in a variety of modes. Pilot ships in brutal aerial battles, pick up special power-ups and control legendary figures like Luke, Han, and Darth Vader. And — most importantly — may the Force be with you.

For a full list of games coming to PlayStation this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

New Releases: November 17th, 2015
Arcade Archives Shanghai III
PS4 — Digital

Arcade Archives Shanghai III
In this sequel to the legendary mahjong tile-matching puzzle game, players pick from an assortment of Zodiac-themed tile patterns such as Dragon, Tiger, etc. The object is to clear all of the tiles from the screen by matching them in pairs.

Borderlands Triple Pack
PS3 — Retail

Borderlands Triple Pack
Shoot and loot as you explore the mayhem-filled world of Borderlands across all three critically acclaimed games. Experience the award-winning FPS-RPG series, including the mayhem of Borderlands, Handsome Jack’s rise to power in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel,and his reign as maniacal Hyperion CEO in Borderlands 2.

The Crew Wild Run Edition
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Crew Wild Run Edition
Get The Crew open world driving MMO and The Crew Wild Run expansion in one! Ride recklessly across the entire US map. Customize your cars, monster trucks and motorcycles for mayhem on- and off-road.

Deadpool
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Deadpool

A few important things I need to say before you crack into my insanely sweet game: (oof, here we go again) I’m a mercenary with an accelerated healing factor, I’ve been described as unstable, which is just plain coo-coo, I’m gonna battle for the safety of humans and mutants. Be prepared for just about anything. (Holla!)

Dreamals
PS4 — Digital

Dreamals

Having been summoned to a dream world, the three animals embark on an adventure to go back to their world. Each animal can move only in one direction. Combine them wisely to find a path to the key.

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series — Episode 6
PS4, PS3 — Digital

Game of Thrones Episode 6

You either win, or you die. Episode six of the six part episodic game series set in the world of HBO’s groundbreaking TV show.

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series — Season Pass Disc
PS4, PS3 — Retail

Game of Thrones Season Pass Disc
See the story of House Forrester, a noble family from the north of Westeros, loyal to the Starks of Winterfell. Caught up in the events surrounding the War of the Five Kings, they are thrown into a maelstrom of bloody warfare, revenge, intrigue, and horror.

HTR+
PS Vita — Digital

HTR+

HTR+ is a slot car racing simulator, a virtual version of the classic toy of the 80´s and 90´s. HTR+ offers 3 different difficulty levels and 18 tracks that include several challenges like loops, jumps, crossroads, narrows, and high speed curves.

Monster High: New Ghoul in School
PS3 — Digital

Monster High New Ghoul in School

Welcome, new ghoul! Come roam the halls of Monster High and get to know your new classmates. Join clubs, make friends and dress up in fierce fashions. But be aware, there’s something strange going on at Monster High!

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Deluxe Edition
PS4, PS3 — Digital (Out 11/18)

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Deluxe Edition

The beginning of the Resident Evil Revelations 2 tale sees fan favorite Claire Redfield make a dramatic return. Survivor of the Raccoon City incident depicted in previous Resident Evil games, Claire now works for the anti-bioterrorism organization Terra Save. She and Moira Burton are attending a company party for Terra Save when unknown armed forces storm the office, capture Claire and Moira and take them to a dark and abandoned detention facility on a mysterious island.

Star Wars Battlefront
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Star Wars Battlefront
Feeling the ominous thud of an AT-AT stomping down on the frozen tundra of Hoth. Rebel forces firing blasters as Imperial speeder bikes zip through the lush forests of Endor. Immerse yourself in the epic Star Wars battles you’ve always dreamed of.

Super Star Wars
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Super Star Wars

Enhanced for PS4 with new save features, leaderboards, Trophies, and updated display and controller options. Risk your life as a Jedi Knight! Join Luke, Han, and Chewbacca in their fierce war against the evil Empire.

Sword Art Online: Lost Song
PS4, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Sword Art Online Lost Song
Journey into the world of ALfheim Online for the very first time! Join Kirito as he ventures online to explore Svart Alfheim, a brand-new area of ALfheim Online. This original storyline includes new and returning characters and exclusive environments in the ultimate Virtual Reality universe.

PlayStation Music Logo

• Jadakiss – Top 5 Dead or Alive
  • Tech N9ne – Strangeulation, Vol. II
  • I LOVE MAKONNEN – I LOVE MAKONNEN 2

PlayStation Video Logo

• Ant-Man
  • Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation
  • Overlord (Original Japanese Version)
  • Fantastic Four

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Into the Badlands — Series Premiere, November 15th at 10/9c (Available on AMC)
  • The Bastard Executioner — Season Finale, November 17th at 10/9c (Available on FX)
  • El Clasico — Real Madrid vs. Barcelona, November 21st at 12:15p ET (Available on beIN SPORTS)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

70 Comments

+ RainblowMika on November 15th, 2015 at 10:49 am said:

First.

+ Nightstream88 on November 15th, 2015 at 10:52 am said:

Looks like I’ll be getting Sword Art Online Lost Song, Star Wars Battlefront and Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon this week.

+ WindTheWaker on November 15th, 2015 at 12:26 pm said:

Nice haul. Im also excited for Mystery Dungeon and Battlefront, even though I don’t have a console to play the latter :/

+ fresno75 on November 15th, 2015 at 10:53 am said:

great week

+ ExtremeGamer on November 15th, 2015 at 10:56 am said:

Any prices on Super Star Wars? And are the other games (Pod Racer, Bounty Hunter and Jedi Starfighter) releasing Tuesday as well?

+ ExtremeGamer on November 15th, 2015 at 10:59 am said:

+ androvsky on November 15th, 2015 at 11:04 am said:

I see the PS2 Star Wars games that are supposed to come with the Battlefront bundle aren’t mentioned. Not coming this week, or waiting on a news story tomorrow? ;)

+ Magaia17 on November 15th, 2015 at 3:08 pm said:

They are prob relasing one each week, in preparation for the movie. All games have been rated and have their trophies up already

+ poodude on November 15th, 2015 at 11:09 am said:

Probably just Super Star Wars for me.

+ BladeGash on November 15th, 2015 at 5:13 pm said:

How awesome would it be if they released the other two “Super” Games? Rogue Squadron games would be great too.

+ Taedirk on November 15th, 2015 at 11:12 am said:

Let me know when Hollow Fragment’s translation on Vita is actually fixed. Shouldn’t have to buy the console version just to have an English script that makes sense.

+ Trendy_Kid on November 15th, 2015 at 11:20 am said:

Just buy Lost Song. The pre-order comes with the PS4 version of HF.

+ Astroking112 on November 15th, 2015 at 12:18 pm said:

@Trendy_Kid:
    That doesn’t fix the problem in the slightest. People paid $40 for that game on the Vita, and have the right to expect some decent treatment at least. If they translated the game properly finally, then they shouldn’t be charging extra so the player can be forced to move to a platform that they don’t want to play on.

This is just distasteful practice, and is a large reason that I refuse to support this game series.

+ Typetm012 on November 15th, 2015 at 11:17 am said:

Super Star Wars also on vita?
That nice

+ EnobmahChoas on November 15th, 2015 at 11:50 am said:

Yep! ;D

+ drd7of14 on November 15th, 2015 at 5:56 pm said:

That is awesome! There was no mention of this on VITA prior, but now probably gonna get this. Maybe I’ll wait for a sale for Super Star Wars, or if they have a bundle with the new games.

If those came to VITA also, well, that would be a huge feet, but I don’t expect that. Weird that there is no mention on Racer’s Revenge, Bounty Hunter, or Jedi Starfighter on this Drop though.

+ paulogy on November 15th, 2015 at 11:46 am said:

I realize it’s probably just a special occasion given the Battlefront marketing deal, but I think it would be really cool if more SNES games made it over to PlayStation :-)

+ Play5928 on November 15th, 2015 at 12:12 pm said:

UN Squadron, by Capcom.

+ Alucard-XII on November 15th, 2015 at 12:14 pm said:

Lol I wrote the exact same comment below before reading yours.

+ fun_on_a_bun on November 15th, 2015 at 1:59 pm said:

Super Empire I remember being the better game of the three. The Indiana Jones one was the best tho. All three in one game and it played great. We got Gradius. Sine mora or Sky Drift cross play would be cool.

+ SmokeAdellic on November 15th, 2015 at 11:49 am said:

I see Sony is holding out until the last minute for my spend $100 get $15 credit so I can’t preorder Battlefront… Nice 1!

+ DragonsEmber on November 17th, 2015 at 1:31 pm said:

Mine still hasn’t posted.. the details of the promotion said on or before Nov 17th. That’s today.. no $15 yet!

+ dkarlowicz10 on November 15th, 2015 at 11:51 am said:

I missed out on Deadpool on PS3 so I look forward to the PS4 version. It is being listed for $50 in retail, is that the correct price? Seems a little high. I do want to play the game, but I will wait until it comes down in price.

+ subsamuel01 on November 15th, 2015 at 4:47 pm said:

It’s a decent game, great writing, awesome voice acting highly recommend if your a fan or the character and the x-men series. The negatives are the combat is terrible, and the visuals aren’t good. Doesn’t look like that improved in the remaster, seems more like a straight port.

+ Slackr on November 15th, 2015 at 11:59 am said:

Great drop! What happened to Pod Racer, Bounty Hunter, and Jedi Starfighter though?

+ Alucard-XII on November 15th, 2015 at 12:13 pm said:

Super Star Wars for me as well. Hoping to see more classic games on PSN.

+ WindTheWaker on November 15th, 2015 at 12:22 pm said:

Appreciate that Super Star Wars is also coming to Vita, will pick it up.

+ Butters360 on November 15th, 2015 at 12:41 pm said:

Happy 2nd Birthday PS4. Stoked for Battlefront!

+ PanTheMan16 on November 15th, 2015 at 12:42 pm said:

HTR+ sounds neat. I’ll be looking into that and Super Star Wars.

+ KnifingGrimace on November 15th, 2015 at 1:09 pm said:

I’m another person planning to buy Super Star Wars. I played it a bit on my SNES when I was much younger and remember loving the adjusted versions of John Williams’s soundtrack. I don’t remember it playing the best, but games were definitely much more challenging back then (for better or worse), so it will be interesting to see if it really was that difficult or if my older age makes me more patient. Whatever the case, I hope we see more 16-bit classics like it in the future.

+ jedijms on November 16th, 2015 at 8:07 am said:

Its not difficult if you know the secret area to farm 98 lives like i do ;) lol. Played the stuffing out of the game back in my childhood and about to do it again once this battlefront ps4 bundle of mine comes in.

+ WrekGar on November 15th, 2015 at 1:22 pm said:

Will be picking up my LE PS4 with Battlefront tomorrow night. and finally I can start playing TellTales “Game of Thrones” with the last episode coming out.

Also on this day Nov. 15th Happy Birthday to the PS4 and Happy Birthday to me.

+ Tjoeb123 on November 15th, 2015 at 1:31 pm said:

Happy Birthday to both of you as well!

+ Tjoeb123 on November 15th, 2015 at 1:30 pm said:

SAO Vita.

…That is all. (well, besides the Gods Eater costumes for Tales of Zestiria)

+ NMeck702 on November 15th, 2015 at 1:35 pm said:

Nothing for me this week, but I’m still buried in Black Ops 3, Fallout 4, Halo 5, and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Barely enough time for those. If everything goes to plan, Just Cause 3 will be my last game purchase of the year (Dec 1).

+ Tjoeb123 on November 15th, 2015 at 1:41 pm said:

(psst….don’t mention the competition’s games here….)

+ WrekGar on November 15th, 2015 at 1:53 pm said:

I’m ok with them Beta testing TR for us

+ Play5928 on November 15th, 2015 at 3:06 pm said:

Anything new in the Deluxe Edition of Resident Evil Revalations 2?

+ krae_man on November 15th, 2015 at 3:24 pm said:

Please tell me the Mos Eisley Bar boss is still a cheap piece of crap.

+ Tinye310 on November 15th, 2015 at 5:06 pm said:

SAO I can’t wait! already pre-loaded!

+ Rezolution77 on November 15th, 2015 at 5:13 pm said:

So I guess that Revelations 2 Deluxe Edition, doesn’t make its way to Vita?
Wow, Nice Job.

My Vita is still waiting for some love. Oh wait, waiting for past titles to be sold again for remasters on the PS4.

Rather Bungie get with it, and put Destiny on PC already.
If I got to get the same game remastered, for too much $$$, I would rather get more content and balancing on it semi annually.

+ EnobmahChoas on November 16th, 2015 at 10:57 pm said:

Bah , quit being self entitled about the ps vita and just play your Nintendo 3DS… :/

Nothing at this point will please an insatiable human being like you…

+ KazeEternal on November 15th, 2015 at 5:19 pm said:

SUPER STAR WARS?! Cross Save? Still want! But Cross Save?! Can we get Empire and Jedi too?!

+ brokeheart44 on November 15th, 2015 at 5:31 pm said:

But what about the other games in the battefront bundle? Like bounty hunter? There are four extra star wars games coming in the bundle right? When can the rest of us play those?

+ so-knee on November 15th, 2015 at 5:56 pm said:

When do we get the 15 for spending 100 in October?

+ drd7of14 on November 15th, 2015 at 5:58 pm said:

I hope we get more Star Wars Classics on PSN. Thinking about the other 4 battlefronts, x-wing VS. tie fighter, rouge squadron, shadows of the empire, and dark forces 2: Jedi knight + Mysteries of the Sith.

So many great games.

+ gerneric123 on November 15th, 2015 at 6:28 pm said:

y u no kotor

+ Mistic0690 on November 15th, 2015 at 8:14 pm said:

They have the three Battlefront psp games already, missing Battlefront 1 & 2 for PS2 though. Battlefront 2 for the PSP was just on sale a couple of months ago for a dollar.

+ drd7of14 on November 16th, 2015 at 6:49 am said:

@Mistic

I’m talking about HD/trophy/leaderboard blah blah blah…prerelease, in Higher Definition or otherwise. Of course Kotor too! Couldn’t leave that out, just listing some examples. As far as Battlefront classics, I don’t just want the excellent PSP titles on the PSP/PSTV/PSV, but on PS4, or PS3, with the online back up and running. Since gamespy closed down, they are singleplayer/ad hoc only. (Something DICE’s SW: BF won’t even have once its server days exhaust as well, saving small minigame-sequence survival modes and such)

That’s why getting the PS2 classics needs just as much work. I heard, when they announced it, that these announced classics were getting trophies, motherboards, updated controls, and visuals. I hope that Racer’s Revenge also has online servers for its fantastic multilayer. :)

+ ShadowStar83x on November 15th, 2015 at 6:36 pm said:

Super Star Wars was awesome back in the day. Crazy hard, but awesome. I definitely want! I’ll get Battlefront for Christmas and Dreamals look cute. :)

+ FurryRomo on November 15th, 2015 at 6:37 pm said:

Will those battlefront ps4 themes will be purchasable after the game comes out for those who are getting it at retail?

+ criperro on November 15th, 2015 at 7:19 pm said:

Nice! I’m going for SAO

+ Mando44646 on November 15th, 2015 at 7:48 pm said:

What about all the other bundled star wars games? Bounty hunter, podracer, etc?

+ OurMisery on November 15th, 2015 at 8:31 pm said:

Hey, are we sure I LOVE MAKONNEN 2 is coming out next week on PS Music? Or is it just going up for pre-order or something?

+ ElektroDragon on November 15th, 2015 at 8:52 pm said:

Super Star Wars: The only way to get a story based single player Star Wars game this gen.

Bioware had something special before it was made into an MMO and ruined.

Sad times.

+ shirogane20 on November 16th, 2015 at 4:21 am said:

Super Star Wars on vita as well as ps4 is a real treat to say the least, ready for my copy of SAO:L.S. to come in the mail :)

+ Korahn27 on November 16th, 2015 at 5:58 am said:

Definitely grabbing GoT as I got the season pass when it was on sale a while back. Tempted to get Super Star Wars, but I think I’ll wait on that as I barely scratched the surface of Fallout 4 and just yesterday picked up Dragonball Xenoverse for $10. So I have plenty of gaming responsibilities for now.

+ Vextalon on November 16th, 2015 at 7:49 am said:

Why aren’t there ever any announcements on what sales are coming up in th store?

Nothing for me this week.

+ StingrayX on November 16th, 2015 at 8:05 am said:

What about the Bounty Hunter HD release?

+ DarkxZxAngel on November 16th, 2015 at 8:23 am said:

I know that many people here get ignored, but I have a question and I’d appreciate it if someone from the team could answer me.
2 promotions on psn store caught my eyes.
-Pre order Star wars and get free themes for ps4.
-Pre order SAO: Lost song and get SAO: hollow fragment for ps4 for free.
My question is; Why are those promotions only available for PSN store buys? I pre-order both of those games, but the retail version, and there’s no way to get those offers in my case, but why?

I remember that people who bought the retail version of Minecraft for ps3, they could show proof of buying the game, and they would get the ps vita version for free on PSN store. Why can’t you do the same with the promotions for Star Wars and SAO: lost song?
Im the kind of person that loves to have physical copies of my games, and i find it unfair that only PSN store buys are getting the good stuff. It should be the same for everyone.

+ LEFT__4__DEAD__2 on November 16th, 2015 at 11:13 am said:

Star Wars week :)

+ GordoKC on November 16th, 2015 at 1:08 pm said:

Definitely getting Super Star Wars for my VITA. But…
SONY NEEDS TO RELEASE DARK FORCES FOR VITA!!!
I CAN ONLY PLAY THE PSP VERSION ON MY PS3!!!

+ lodgedrocket on November 16th, 2015 at 1:11 pm said:

It would be nice if they would start mentioning what Vita releases are PSTV compatible with these “drops” and “store updates.” There are some games that are compatible, but are not on any “official list.”

I have contacted Bandai Namco to find out if the new Sword Art Online is PSTV compatible, and no response. I wonder if Super Star Wars is PSTV compatible, guess I will find out soon enough.

+ Akin on November 16th, 2015 at 3:37 pm said:

super pissed the 4 classics aren’t launching all at the same time, and Sony / EA remains mum on their release dates. I was looking forward to these. I wonder how pissed the people who buy a bundle will be when they find out they can’t download these yet. Its even worse if they make them available for the bundle and not for everyone else.

+ forbidden-siren3 on November 17th, 2015 at 11:31 am said:

Will there be any plans to bring the other two Super games like Super Empire Strikes back and Super A New Hope to the Playstation 4? Cause i’d totally buy them for sure.

+ Oswald888 on November 17th, 2015 at 11:41 am said:

WHERE IS YAKUZA 5???

+ breathsavers on November 17th, 2015 at 2:06 pm said:

It would be really nice if the pictures for each game linked to the PSN Store page instead of just Flickr.

+ Great__Cornholio on November 17th, 2015 at 4:24 pm said:

Where is Arcade Archives Shanghai III? I can’t find it in the store, but all the other games are already there.

+ Welmosca on November 17th, 2015 at 10:17 pm said:

Borderlands Triple Pack…lovely I’m definitely getting that.Also in that The Crew pic looks like the game has good graphics lol.
And whats the deal with Revelations 2 Deluxe Edition?…whats more in it?

And man how I wanted Battlefront but I gotta resist.

+ Welmosca on November 17th, 2015 at 10:24 pm said:

Super Star Wars for Vita…damn that is nice,missed that on the 1st reading.