Horizon Zero Dawn

Nov 18

23063354022_578e7821bb_z

Rocket League: Chaos Run Coming This December

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar Posted by on Nov 18, 2015 // Vice President of Marketing, Psyonix

The post-apocalypse is definitely in vogue this year, which is more than enough reason to bring that theme to Rocket League!

Slated for release this December, our fantastic new “Chaos Run” DLC will include all sorts of badass goodies inspired by the end of all civilized things, including…

• 2 New Battle-Cars, Ripper and Grog
  • 12 New Decals (six for each new Battle-Car)
  • 2 New Paint Types (Camo and Sun-Damaged)
  • 2 New Wheels (Ripper and Grog)
  • 2 New Rocket Trails (Sandstorm, Nuts and Bolts)
  • 3 New Toppers (Boombox, Cow Skull, Mohawk)
  • 3 New Antennas (Bomb Pole, Radioactive, Retro Ball – Wasteland)
  • 5 New Trophies

As always, our paid DLC will also ship with a free new arena called Wasteland! Based on a field of the same name from the original Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, Wasteland is the first “non-regulation” pitch to come to Rocket League.

Rocket League: Chaos RunRocket League: Chaos Run

How is Wasteland different? It’s physically-wider than all other stadiums and has a completely-dissimilar Boost placement. The biggest difference, though, is that the ground itself is sloped around the entire perimeter of the arena, making for matches that feel much different than typical Rocket League contests. It’s the first of many “unusual” arena designs that we plan to introduce in the future, and they’re only going to get more interesting from here.

Several other free items, including new music from Kevin Riepl and several new Garage items are slated for the release as well. And we’ll have some additional announcements about the game coming up over the next few weeks.

Chaos Run will retail for $3.99 (or its regional equivalent) and ship sometime in early December. See you then!

+ GooieGreen on November 18th, 2015 at 9:06 am said:

New trophies :D

+ BENJAM1N_LINUS on November 18th, 2015 at 9:17 pm said:

New trophies :(

Stop it, stop trying to take my 100%. Squeezing another damn $4 out of me. sob.

+ Neolit on November 18th, 2015 at 11:57 pm said:

I snatched Rocket League during its ps+ free offering and I have played it ever since.
    Thank you for rekindling my childhood love for football.
    Also, as a matter of principle, I purchase all your DLCs to support your game (it being an outstanding product!). I hope other players are doing the same. Psyonix!

+ NEOMERCER on November 18th, 2015 at 9:07 am said:

I guess that that one guy is going to need to remake his Mad Max video now.

+ Blackballhog on November 18th, 2015 at 9:11 am said:

i liked wasteland in SSABRPBC, I’m sure it’s going to be awesome. Keep up the great work!

+ Mercenary09 on November 18th, 2015 at 9:22 am said:

Rocket League is the game that just keeps on giving. Thanks guys for keeping new content coming frequently. I’ve been looking forward to the first non traditional arena to arrive. Can’t wait to play it and look forward to other future ones as well.

+ luvtoseek on November 18th, 2015 at 10:12 am said:

I saw a Fallout themed car accessory the other day? These are great devs!

+ KazeEternal on November 18th, 2015 at 9:28 am said:

Needs more Mad Max

+ BossDooley on November 18th, 2015 at 9:43 am said:

Looks like a good update. This along with the ice hockey FREE update, it will be a fun December. Loving the mutators. If a Season Pass is being announced could you let us know. I have not bought any of the paid updates yet, as I thought a pass would be released. I think you said in a previous post, Psyonix were looking into a pass! Keep up the good work

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on November 18th, 2015 at 12:20 pm said:

Season Passes are still something we don’t have plans to do. We have seen demand for it, which is why we’ve considered *maybe* doing it, but really, it’s not likely.

We just don’t like the idea of selling the “promise” of content before we’ve made the content itself. We also want people to feel like, if they’re giving us money, they’re getting something for it immediately, not eventually.

+ madmanwithabox12 on November 18th, 2015 at 10:09 am said:

I will ride eternal, shiny and chrome on the Chaos Run! WITNESS!

+ CrusaderForever on November 18th, 2015 at 10:16 am said:

Sold!

+ GunnerFCm on November 18th, 2015 at 10:23 am said:

More Rocket League? Absolutely!

Jeremy and team, a question: how/why are you guys this awesome?

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on November 18th, 2015 at 12:21 pm said:

Awesome fans = awesome inspiration = hopefully-awesome product.

(and thanks!)

+ KidCommando on November 18th, 2015 at 10:38 am said:

Any DLC for Rocket League gets bought no matter what.

Is it possible to make/have custom goal explosions? or even if they were tied to your rocket trail. For example if you have the Nuts and Bolts rocket trail selected, when you score a goal the explosion contains Nuts and Bolts as well. Would make for a nice custom touch with scored goals being a little different each time.

regardless, looking forward to the December updates and the forthcoming unique maps.

Rocket League is digital crack!!

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on November 18th, 2015 at 12:28 pm said:

Interesting suggestion, no current plans for custom goal explosions, but we’ll keep it in mind as a good idea!

+ daniel11904 on November 18th, 2015 at 10:45 am said:

Any chance of a ranked mutators playlist??? Love the new mutators but in ranked is not as competitive

+ gus_xl on November 18th, 2015 at 10:46 am said:

Is there a plan to bring the old arenas like Pirate Ship or the weird U-shaped one? I really think they added a lot to the game.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on November 18th, 2015 at 12:29 pm said:

The weird U-Shaped one from SARPBC was “Utopia,” which is a more standard map in Rocket League. Pirate Ship, no plans to do that one currently.

+ Kaznasty- on November 18th, 2015 at 11:10 am said:

Sold. Gimmegimmegimme. I have yet to be disappointed with a single DLC that’s come out!

+ thefoxymoron on November 18th, 2015 at 11:22 am said:

ANOTHER amazing DLC package at an unbelievable price! This, along with the free tracks and “mutatiors” you’re offering proves how much you care about your loyal fanbase and want them coming back month after month.

Rocket League is the type of game I play pretty much every single night, before or after the game I was intending to play, just because it’s so easy to jump in, play a couple matches, and not have to set aside a solid hour or so of time dedicated to finishing a “quest” or reaching a new “level.”

Sincerely, thank you for making what is easily one of the best games of 2015. (and for offering it as a free title to Playstation Plus! I never in a million years would have thought “cars playing soccer” would be something I rave on and on and on about!)

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on November 18th, 2015 at 12:30 pm said:

Wow, this was really nice to hear. Thank you!

+ cleversignin on November 18th, 2015 at 11:25 am said:

*sprays silver paint in mouth*
witness me!!!!

+ KidCommando on November 18th, 2015 at 11:52 am said:

lol

+ Fuhr31 on November 18th, 2015 at 12:56 pm said:

Really looking forward to new unique arenas.

+ Ryzza5 on November 18th, 2015 at 1:09 pm said:

Any plans to make separate mutator playlists? I can’t seem to stay in one for more than 3 matches before everyone comes across a mode they dislike and then leaves. Just once I’d like to consistently play a mode that I prefer with others who prefer it too. Maybe even have a public mutator lobby where players can host/join custom matches (on top of the default playlists).

+ SBucker7 on November 18th, 2015 at 2:32 pm said:

THIS! Just as people have preferences and thus choices over number of players on each team, a choice as to the type of mutator is a must. Love some of them but hate others, which unfortunately has kept me from coming back

+ Skullever on November 18th, 2015 at 1:32 pm said:

*insert pleas for a licensed Black-on-Black V8 Interceptor from Mad Max here*

+ Coltaflex- on November 18th, 2015 at 2:16 pm said:

Ok Psyonix, you did it again. Now take my money!

+ HenryJ23 on November 18th, 2015 at 4:10 pm said:

Sold!!

Thank you Psyonix for being simply amazing and listening to your fans.

I buy all DLC’s to show my support and will continue to do so. I also am a devout Reddit follower and love the the open dialog on the forums.

You have been a shining beacon in the sea of developers and I am so glad you guys are who you are.

And thank you so much for not giving into the usual cash grabs of “Season Passes” or other prepaid DLC packages. Give them the content and they will pay. You guys are awesome!

Rocket League 4 Life!! :-)

+ supvic on November 18th, 2015 at 7:31 pm said:

Boring. How about something to change-up the gameplay? Levers and contraptions, a magnetic aura to temporarily ‘catch’ the ball in your area, projectile stunt attack powerup, ways to nudge opponents (and a shield to deflect them), floating airborne boosts that give an extra boost (think InFamous First Light’s neon boosts), pinball levers at each corner to break up the corner scrums. Unique abilities for each car such as accelerated boost, longer slower boost, teleportation, triple/quad jump, greater defensive abilities that activate only in the goal area such as mid-air strafe jumps, area of effect shunt (look at games like Blur for inspiration).

I could go on but come on, there’s SO MUCH potential in this game and you do is give us a sloped area and a bunch of useless cosmetics..

+ todd6911 on November 19th, 2015 at 6:21 pm said:

^ This guy!!!

+ SilentSamurai247 on December 3rd, 2015 at 3:06 pm said:

No. People love rocket league for its simplicity and balance. If all of the things you mentioned were added, it’d just be a mess and I wouldn’t play it anymore.

+ Superstone on November 18th, 2015 at 9:15 pm said:

Can’t wait. Day 1 buy for me

+ Eric4677 on November 19th, 2015 at 4:10 am said:

Can’t wait you guys are the best

+ B_Shark_ on November 20th, 2015 at 11:13 am said:

Are there any plans to make custom teams? It would be cool to be able to form a team (or clan) with your friends where you could pick the color and maybe make a team symbol that only your team could have.