Horizon Zero Dawn

Nov 20

BB

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters out Tuesday, Patch 1.07 Detailed

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar Posted by on Nov 20, 2015 // Producer, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio

Hello, Bloodborne fans! The Old Hunters expansion will soon be bringing a brand new nightmare world of dangers and horrors for you to conquer, not to mention a host of new weapons and armor for your arsenal. If you haven’t yet, pre-order on PlayStation Store by Monday to get a special bonus PS4 theme. That way you can have it equipped when The Old Hunters launches on Tuesday for $19.99. Keep reading for more information about the expansion and how to access it within the game, as well as details about the new content and updated online features in the 1.07 title update hitting today (title update available to all Bloodborne players).

As outlined in previous blog posts, as well as the website, The Old Hunters introduces many new horrific environments and enemies, as well as devastating new weapons and abilities.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters

Brador, seen donning the scalp and horns of a foul beast, is an ancient Hunter and assassin once employed by the Healing Church who sits in a dark cell, waiting for something—or someone—with bell in hand. And while exploring the new nightmare, beware of the Bell Holder. This massive enemy wields the Bell Axe and is one of the most formidable beasts you will face.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters

I’m also excited to share information about two new weapons available in The Old Hunters expansion. The first is the Bloodletter, a sick and demented weapon wielded by Brador. This weapon assumes its true form after drawing upon the blood of its wielder. In other words, you must plunge it into your own chest in order to unleash its true power. You will also find the Gatling Gun, a portable version of the stationary rapid-fire gun that Djura uses to rain down lead from the tower in Old Yharnam. While it is great for rapid-fire attacks, it is also cumbersome and goes through Quicksilver Bullets very quickly.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters

Players will also discover a new rune called The Beast’s Embrace. After many failed experiments, this rune was forbidden from use. That did not stop its discovery from becoming the foundation of the Healing Church, however. Those brave, or foolish, enough to unleash the power of this rune take on a ghastly form and enjoy boosted transformation effects, especially when wielding a beast weapon.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters

Once you have purchased and downloaded The Old Hunters expansion, you’ll need to follow the below steps to access the new content.

Step 1

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters

Step 2

Go to the Hunter’s Dream and receive the Eye of a Blood-drunk Hunter from a messenger.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters

Step 3

Go to the Oedon Chapel and leave via the left-hand exit to enter the square.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters

Step 4

1. Go to the right-hand end of the square to trigger an event. This event will take you to the new area: the Hunter’s Nightmare.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters

2. Lighting the lamp in the new area will allow you to travel to and from the area via an Awakening Headstone in the Hunter’s Dream.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters

Prior to the launch of the DLC, all Bloodborne owners will receive title update 1.07, which adds new features and drastically changes the online component of the game. The patch goes live today, so remember to update your game and try out the new features.

As mentioned in our last blog post, update 1.07 also adds the “League” feature and introduces new NPCs into the game’s world. Join the League by meeting with Summon Master Valtr and obtaining the “Impurity” rune. You’ll need to summon him inside the shack to the right of the first lamp in the Forbidden Forest. Once you have memorized the “Impurity” rune, you will be able to access League ranking screens. Upon successfully completing a coop session, you’ll receive the “Vermin” which you must crush to increase your points and therefore your position on the League leaderboard.

You will also be able to summon NPCs to come to your aid, just like cooperative play, including inside Chalice Dungeons. To do so, first you will need to acquire the “Old Hunter Bell” from the messengers in the Hunter’s Dream area. In some areas you may be able to summon up to two NPC Hunters, or a mix of one NPC Hunter and one other online coop player.

In addition, when there are players near you that have used the Beckoning Bell or Small Resonant Bell and are waiting to join a coop session, they will appear in your game as an illusion or phantom with a ripple effect at their feet. That assumes they are within the correct level range and would be able to match with you.

+ Mercenary09 on November 20th, 2015 at 6:04 am said:

Can’t wait guys! Does it have new trophies as well? Also I thought we were supposed to get a theme if we earned the Platinum trophy from the game? I never got one and I earned the Plat way back in march or april.

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on November 20th, 2015 at 12:09 pm said:

Yes, there will be new trophies in the expansion :)
    I also like to confirm that Platinum Theme is coming soon.
    Thank you for your patience!

+ TomatoDragon on November 20th, 2015 at 6:22 am said:

Yes. New trophies.

+ digidude13 on November 20th, 2015 at 7:45 am said:

That offer is for Europe only.

+ Ind3structoman on November 20th, 2015 at 12:18 pm said:

Thanks for the update, Dais! I’m incredibly excited to play the new content and receive a theme for achieving platinum. Keep up the great work, FromSoftware!

+ seinfeldand24 on November 21st, 2015 at 11:25 am said:

Given this is a US Playstation Blog post and the reply states the Platinum Trophy theme is coming, does that mean it is now in the works to come to North America?

+ Evilboom91 on November 20th, 2015 at 6:12 am said:

So what’s the estimated game time for dlc?
And I read before if u got platnuim u get special theam? Is that different from the one u get if u pre order it?

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on November 20th, 2015 at 12:16 pm said:

The Platinum Theme is different from the theme that we’re giving away for Pre-Order.

+ RyuZX on November 20th, 2015 at 6:35 am said:

The Platinum theme is different from the dlc preorder theme, according to what I’ve seen between the two on Google.

+ CKent-Superman on November 21st, 2015 at 12:03 pm said:

Can we get confirmations at to which regions will be getting the Platinum Theme?

+ TomatoDragon on November 20th, 2015 at 6:21 am said:

Blast. Why didnt I take the day off of work?!

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 20th, 2015 at 6:32 am said:

I also have yet to receive the Platinum trophy theme.

+ digidude13 on November 20th, 2015 at 7:45 am said:

It’s for European players only.

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 20th, 2015 at 6:39 am said:

I noticed the DLC has new music tracks. Is there any way to get our hands on it? I loved the main game’s soundtrack enough to buy it off PSN. Mini Soundtrack wasn’t enough for me :)

+ medenko1975 on November 20th, 2015 at 7:01 am said:

MakoSOLIDER: just contact SONY for Platinum trophy theme.

+ JEDl-SCUM on November 20th, 2015 at 11:19 am said:

Did that work for you? I never received the platinum theme either. What’s the best way to contact them? Thanks in advance!

+ Lil954Savage on November 20th, 2015 at 7:36 am said:

I pre order the dlc already but never received the pre order them at all I purchased it through the website. Also since the dlc automatically downloads on Sunday which is November 22 we still have to wait till Sunday correct?

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on November 20th, 2015 at 2:03 pm said:

Hi Lil954Savage,
    From your PS4, please go to Settings, Themes and Select Theme.
    “Bloodborne City of Yharnam Theme” should be available for download. Thanks!

+ Lil954Savage on November 20th, 2015 at 7:37 am said:

Sorry typing this on my iPhone we will have to wait till Tuesday correct? And I also meant theme not them

+ digidude13 on November 20th, 2015 at 7:46 am said:

Just go to themes on ur settings menu and u can download it from there.

+ Lil954Savage on November 20th, 2015 at 7:55 am said:

Ok thank you. Do we still not know what the dlc trophies are?

+ jorjk on November 20th, 2015 at 8:17 am said:

What about the size of the dlc if I want to digitally download it ?
This is very important to decide physical vs digital

+ SEOHUOYLLAKCUF on November 20th, 2015 at 8:52 am said:

Most of the dlc is in the new patch, 9.6gbs. The download from the dlc on the store is 13mb, so it’s just a key to unlock the dlc contained in the new patch.

+ jorjk on November 20th, 2015 at 9:14 am said:

If the patch contains the dlc, then why should we wait an extra week to unlock it ?

+ Devilking-Nikkai on November 20th, 2015 at 8:31 am said:

The Best DLC since Left Behind.
Keep it up SCE Japan Studios, we love you! Can’t wait for #LastGuardian

+ TomHoang on November 20th, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

My save file is on the New Game + difficulty, so am I stuck playing the Old Hunters on this difficulty? Really wouldn’t want to start a new character file.

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on November 20th, 2015 at 2:17 pm said:

If you have started playing in New Game+, the difficulty level for The Old Hunters will be set to New Game+ also.

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 20th, 2015 at 8:57 am said:

Luckily I made an end game save onto a USB lol. Now I just need to find the USB…

+ SEOHUOYLLAKCUF on November 20th, 2015 at 8:56 am said:

Most likely, the dlc in Dark Souls 2 scaled with whatever NG you were on with your current character.

+ paulogy on November 20th, 2015 at 9:00 am said:

Only in Bloodborne would you need to complete a 4 step process that includes defeating a boss to access new content – love it :-D

+ obersynthetics on November 20th, 2015 at 9:37 am said:

One must fight a new boss just to access the DLC? Awesome.

Any thoughts if this will be the one and only add-on to this already awesome game?

May the Good Blood Guide Your Way!

+ Tomoprime on November 20th, 2015 at 11:18 am said:

Can I finish the game before playing the DLC? I love the game I’m just confused as to play order. I don’t want to miss out on story or NPC meet ups if I defeat certain bosses that lock out my options. For example I’ve been avoiding Rom. I was suppose to meet up with a Eileen the crow to go hunting but her story may have advanced. I know I’m suppose to look for a back door to Losefka’s Clinic in the forbidden woods. It would be cool to know your quest limit before and after facing a boss.

+ MANI-RULO on November 20th, 2015 at 11:00 am said:

Hi
I was wondering if it is possible to access the DLC even after killed rom the spider? Or I need to start a new game?

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on November 20th, 2015 at 2:23 pm said:

Hi MANI-RULO,
    You will be able to access the expansion after defeating Rom, the Vacuous Spider.

+ JEDl-SCUM on November 20th, 2015 at 11:16 am said:

Back on Nov 5th you guys mentioned that codes for a special theme were to be sent out to those who had the platinum trophy. When will those be sent out? Can’t wait for the expansion!

+ Ind3structoman on November 20th, 2015 at 12:12 pm said:

We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood. Hype confirmed.

+ ourfallenwings on November 20th, 2015 at 12:25 pm said:

♪ Ring the bells, bells, bells, bells, bells, bells, bells, bells, BELLLLS OF OOOOLD YHAAARNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!!!!!!!!! ♫

+ Hamsterman2049 on November 20th, 2015 at 12:54 pm said:

Would it be better to play this with my character in New Game + or start a new character to go through it?

+ RinOkumura8 on November 20th, 2015 at 2:18 pm said:

I have a question, if you’ve already beated Vicar Amelia on a playthrough will you still be able to do this and get to the new area?

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on November 20th, 2015 at 2:30 pm said:

Yes, please start from Step 2 if you have defeated Vicar Amelia.

+ RinOkumura8 on November 20th, 2015 at 9:16 pm said:

Thank you for responding! My other question is lower, i kinda need an answer for that one <3

+ RinOkumura8 on November 20th, 2015 at 9:16 pm said:

Never mind it kinda already answers my question sorry <3

+ ShadownetOne on November 20th, 2015 at 2:34 pm said:

Please give us the option to turn off chromatic abberation effect it makes me sick can’t buy the game because of it.

+ Aliz_hydropanic on November 20th, 2015 at 2:41 pm said:

No Flash sale this month?

+ luluiso29 on November 20th, 2015 at 3:43 pm said:

Any news about the theme for obtaining the platinum on Bloodborne? I’m from Mexico.

+ GENETICIDE on November 20th, 2015 at 4:51 pm said:

Stop treating your IPs like crap outside of Japan, SCE. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Support Indivisible!
Support Indivisible!
Support Indivisible!
Support Indivisible!
Support Indivisible!

+ DennisVoid on November 20th, 2015 at 5:27 pm said:

Please help me out. I can´t find the Eye of a Blood-drunk Hunter-item in the hunters dream. With the character I am using, i have already defeated Micolash and of course Vicar Amelia. But the item didn´t spawn. What do I do now?

+ TomHoang on November 20th, 2015 at 8:35 pm said:

The DLC isn’t out yet, it should appear when you install it on the 24th.

+ RinOkumura8 on November 20th, 2015 at 7:11 pm said:

Hello! I’ve been wondering, I have a character thats about to fight Gehrman on NG and I really want to play the DLC with this character, will I be able to even though Its not night-time? Will the blood-drunk item thingy still drop? Please respond <3

+ PositiveShadow on November 21st, 2015 at 2:06 am said:

is it true that the platinum theme is coming to players in North America? just read an article on n4g stating this but nothing here says anything of the sort.

+ rodrigojoserocha on November 21st, 2015 at 3:03 am said:

I need to create a new character to access de dlc?

+ Big_Dog_Golfer on November 21st, 2015 at 6:20 am said:

I just want to be sure: I finished the game already and started a New Game+. Now, do I actually have to advance in this new game and defeat the bosses again to access the Expansion or by having completed the game do I have access automatically in the New Game+. If I do not, this will be a GREAT RIP-OFF because I only bought the expansion to play that NOT play the game all over again (be it great as the experience was). If this is however the case, how can I get a refund because its a little shallow having been informed NOW that the DLC requires additional work and not readily available. THAT should have been mentioned AT PURCHASE TIME. If I am wrong, please accept my apology for yelling – otherwise IT’S DESERVED.

+ therealmichl on November 21st, 2015 at 6:39 am said:

seems like you have to kill vicar amelia on ng+

+ Astroking112 on November 21st, 2015 at 9:59 am said:

This has always been a trend for the Souls games, and they even mentioned that it would “become available at some point in the story.” I doubt that Sony is going to offer you a refund for not researching into their product before you buy it.

Personally, I’m fine with it. Vicar Amelia only really requires you to fight Father Gascoigne, so it’s much easier than I had been expecting the line of bosses in NG+ awaiting me to be.

+ therealmichl on November 21st, 2015 at 6:38 am said:

is dlc platinum trophy in one playtrough possible?

thx

+ PositiveShadow on November 21st, 2015 at 9:45 am said:

there’s a way to do it which involves saving before you fight the last boss and transfering the save on a usb stick and doing that 3 times to get all the endings.

+ CKent-Superman on November 21st, 2015 at 12:02 pm said:

Without the USB save trick you will need to finish the game at least 3 times so NG++. It’s well worth it though.

+ PositiveShadow on November 21st, 2015 at 4:06 pm said:

i agree, it’s worth it. plus the platinum needs you to defeat yarnham in the chalice dungeon which is the most interesting fight in the game.

+ DenT4FacE on November 21st, 2015 at 6:44 am said:

Can I have a link for the japanese version of this article?

+ rodrigojoserocha on November 21st, 2015 at 8:28 am said:

“Step 1: Defeat the boss of the Cathedral Ward and examine the altar in the back of the room to change the in-game time to night.”
I’m on ending game, so… I will need to create a new character to access the dlc?

+ Astroking112 on November 21st, 2015 at 10:01 am said:

If you’ve defeated the final boss already, then you will need to proceed to the Grand Cathedral again and defeat Vicar Amelia. If you haven’t yet entered NG+, then you should be able to access it immediately with your desired character.

+ KeLLyKaMiKaze on November 21st, 2015 at 11:48 am said:

Does anyone know how we are going to get the free theme that they are giving us platinum trophy owners? Im soooo excited for all this new content, this is def the best game of the year!!

+ joker29896 on November 23rd, 2015 at 11:55 am said:

You will have it when the DLC out :D

+ Scofield_Zealand on November 21st, 2015 at 1:29 pm said:

Hi friend,

I have a question I want to ask you.

There is the CUSA00207 code game.

I’m thinking about taking the game GOTY version.

Save file problem ?

Thanks.

+ Ryusennin on November 21st, 2015 at 4:16 pm said:

Amelia is technically the second mandatory boss after Gascoigne that you have to beat to progress the story. Every other one (Cleric Beast, Blood-Starved Beast, Darkbeast Paarl, Hemwick Witches, Logarius) is entirely optional. You can reach the Grand Cathedral in less than two hours, so this is really no big deal.

@From

What I’m worried about is that the “improved matchmaking” doesn’t seem improved at all. The same old restrictive level cap (10%+10) is in place, even if you join this “co-op” covenant. Why do you implement a matchmaking override system that you can potentially abuse with the global password “password”, but you can’t design an ingame covenant that would simply allow everyone to play together whatever their respective levels? As a BL4 Waste of Skin I’m not afraid of helping a BL250 confederate in need. Why can’t From let me choose to do it? Dark Souls 2 is more permissive in that regard.

+ randomperson4464 on November 22nd, 2015 at 8:38 am said:

So I’m on ng+, in front of father gasgoigne. Do I have to defeat him and Vicar Amelia in order to access the expansion?

+ joker29896 on November 23rd, 2015 at 11:58 am said:

Yes , you have to defeat both of them to access the expansion

+ Dark_Knight2333 on November 22nd, 2015 at 8:33 pm said:

Still a bit confused here. This is a US PS FORUM. Will the Platinum theme be made available to US players who have accomplished this? I earned the platinum trophy & contacted Sony. The rep stated the theme is only available for EU players right now. I received city of yharnam theme, but would like to have the Platinum theme as well. Can you confirm if this indeed will be made available in NA? Thanks.

+ KeLLyKaMiKaze on November 23rd, 2015 at 10:41 pm said:

Yes. The europe region got their plat. Wallpaper theme months ago. This is for the US._

+ A-RON-313 on November 23rd, 2015 at 10:59 pm said:

What time does the dlc go live??

+ A-RON-313 on November 23rd, 2015 at 10:59 pm said:

Eastern time

+ JAS491989SILVA on November 24th, 2015 at 2:16 am said:

Does this dlc affect the trophies in any way on the regular game’s, specifically the Hunter’s Essance & Hunter’s Craft trophy since the DLC weapons show up on the list of weapons you have in the reagular game?

+ Tylernessss on November 24th, 2015 at 4:03 am said:

Recently I finally got that gorgeous PS4.
Im dying to get Bloodborne, but…. Anyone knows if that insane Limited Edition is hitting Europe?
Or anywhere else than Japan?

+ Snow-Valentine12 on November 24th, 2015 at 11:48 pm said:

I bought the new dlc for bloodbborne but I didn’t get the eye I tried turning off my ps4 and back it still didn’t work please help dying to play it

+ Bouta_m89 on November 26th, 2015 at 3:35 am said:

Yeah me tooI Purchased the bloodbourne old hunter DLC but I can’t access to the DLC the messenger. That I take from him the Eye of the Blood-drunk Hunter is not shown in hunter dream after I killed vicar amelia and turn the world to night nothing showing. In hunter dream p

+ Bouta_m89 on November 26th, 2015 at 3:35 am said:

I Purchased the bloodbourne old hunter DLC but I can’t access to the DLC the messenger. That I take from him the Eye of the Blood-drunk Hunter is not shown in hunter dream after I killed vicar amelia and turn the world to night nothing showing. In hunter dream please need help

+ ObliviousSenpai on November 26th, 2015 at 12:32 pm said:

Has anyone received their platinum theme code yet? I earned it back in May and live in Canada, but still haven’t received an email yet.

+ Fruu_PL on November 28th, 2015 at 1:43 am said:

I’ve got the same problem as Bouta_m89. I had the save at the end of NG+.I defeated hunter in Grand Cathedral but I didn’t get the eye in hunter dream (there was only Old Hunter Bell). So I started NG++, after 2 hours defeated Amelia, touched the skull, went to Hunter Dream and…….. surprise – nothing. There was no Eye of Blood Drunk Hunter. I’m very upset because I waited for this DLC from 5 months ! PLEAS give any info about that glitch !!