Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Nov 24

19680337378_ae84b07bf6_z

PlayStation Experience: Storytelling Panel Will Look Into Gaming’s Future

19680337378_ae84b07bf6_z

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by on Nov 24, 2015 // Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

We tell stories over campfires, cocktails, loudspeakers, and controllers. Storytelling is one of the truest expressions of the human experience, and serves a key role in gaming. We at PlayStation want to celebrate this artform at PlayStation Experience on December 5th.

Journey on PS4

God of War III Remastered on PS4Dreams

It is my great pleasure to invite you to The Future of Storytelling panel, where we’ll hear from an incredible lineup of guests that have each contributed to this timeless art through various applications of technology and gaming. What inspired their craft during childhood? How did they build their tales on PlayStation? And what will they do next to drive the entire art forward? We’ll ask these questions, and more.

Here’s everything you need to know, at a glance…

• What: The Future of Storytelling
  • Where: San Francisco, CA — Moscone West Hall, 3rd Floor
  • When: Saturday, December 5th. 6:00PM Pacific
  • Who:
    • Cory Barlog, Creative Director at Santa Monica Studio
    • Jenova Chen, Creative Director at thatgamecompany
    • Kareem Ettouney, Creative Director at Media Molecule
    • Greg Kasavin, Writing & Design at Supergiant Games

If you’ve ever played a game with a great story, then this is a panel you don’t want to miss. It’s not every day that you bring some of the most experienced storytellers in the business into one room.

Remember, you can still buy tickets to PlayStation Experience and reserve discounted hotel rooms right here. I hope to see you there!

+ paulogy on November 24th, 2015 at 3:23 pm said:

Hi Ryan!
This sounds like a really great panel, and will help highlight just how far games have come. Congrats for moderating it :-).
As I won’t be able to see it in person, might there be an opportunity for a livestream day of, or a replay later?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on November 24th, 2015 at 3:26 pm said:

Thanks as always for the support! Sorry to hear I can’t see you in the flesh!

No details at present about video/streaming and what not, but we hope to have more idea on those possibilities soon…

+ anberlin44 on November 24th, 2015 at 3:30 pm said:

Very excited to see this panel. I am hoping for a larger list of panels soon, seeing as I like to plan out my time a bit.

+ Man_Child_666 on November 24th, 2015 at 3:55 pm said:

YESS!!! I’ll be there!!! got a couple questions…got me a 2 day early bird badge. What time does early bird imply or start? Also can i pick up my badge the day of the event or do i need to pick it up before the event starts?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on November 24th, 2015 at 4:06 pm said:

Thanks for the note! More details to come, but I believe you’ll be able to pick up your badge on Friday. Although this is subject to change…

Appreciate your patience!

+ rockoutdude77 on November 24th, 2015 at 4:24 pm said:

Sounds super interesting! Hopefully I’ll be able to stop by! (:

+ CloudykennyUS on November 24th, 2015 at 5:09 pm said:

The vibe reminds me the fireside chats you used to do :)

+ ESIASON7 on November 24th, 2015 at 5:13 pm said:

Hey Ryan! Hope this will be streamed or otherwise available online. Is that a NEW God of War image??

+ Dinchman on November 24th, 2015 at 10:32 pm said:

It’s titled “God of War III Remastered on PS4.”

+ ESIASON7 on November 25th, 2015 at 7:39 pm said:

Ohh duh! Lol forgot that even came out.

+ REDSLATE on November 24th, 2015 at 5:18 pm said:

While we look towards the future, let us reflect on the past. Many of us are interested in PS2 Backwards Compatibility. Please don’t lock this behind online purchases. A lot of dedicated PlayStation fans have accumulated sizable physical collections and would greatly appreciate the ability to continue playing these games modern consoles.

+ krae_man on November 24th, 2015 at 5:38 pm said:

Any ETA on when you are going to announce the keynote time, location, where to line up, badge pickup hours, full panel list(with panels labled ‘secret” as required), anything more then what you’ve announced so far?

+ JGfan24 on November 24th, 2015 at 5:45 pm said:

oovoo app for ps4 please
I what to video chat with my friends

+ Kid_Fleetfoot on November 24th, 2015 at 10:27 pm said:

Inasmuch I don’t like shooters (to each their own), the story type games I tend to like the idea of more more. And some sports games (MLB 15 The Show which arguably is a story in itself). “Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture” and “The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter” not so much for the stories but as a place I can walk and look around (somewhat like the “Home” app).

I don’t know if the above fit in any way in your game description in the article, but I will look forward to it and we shall see what we shall see.

I wish you luck with it (them?)

+ DebraHMcNeil on November 25th, 2015 at 3:22 am said:

My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do… wallstreet34.com

+ stlthriot on November 25th, 2015 at 5:49 am said:

I sure hope Jenova Chen has something new from thatgamecompany soon! :D

+ madmanwithabox12 on November 25th, 2015 at 8:46 am said:

Hope there’s some kind of Vita focused panel this year. The handheld needs WAY more love.

+ elwainen on December 1st, 2015 at 5:41 pm said:

sounds great! will it be livestreamed?