PlayStation VR

Nov 24

Shakedown Hawaii

Shakedown Hawaii: Vblank’s New Open World Adventure

Brian Provinciano's Avatar Posted by on Nov 24, 2015 // Developer, VBLANK ENTERTAINMENT

It’s been three years since Retro City Rampage was released, but a new game from Vblank Entertainment is finally on its way for PS4 and PS Vita! Check out the trailer for a sneak peek:

Shakedown Hawaii brings the Vblank open world universe into the 16-bit era, powered up with destructible environments and an arsenal of supercharged weapons. Taking place some thirty years after the events of Retro City Rampage, the game follows The Player as he comes out of early retirement to rebuild his neglected corporate empire.

Shakedown Hawaii on PS4 & PS VitaShakedown Hawaii on PS4 & PS Vita

The Rundown

What a tease! I know that’s not much to go on, but much more will be revealed next-next weekend, as Shakedown Hawaii makes its first playable debut at PlayStation Experience December 5-6th.

That’s all for now! Drop your questions in the comments below!

Shakedown Hawaii on PS4 & PS Vita

+ Knetic on November 24th, 2015 at 11:05 am said:

Love the reference to the Max Payne 3 Game Informer cover. Very clever.

+ iriihutoR84 on November 24th, 2015 at 11:06 am said:

Awesome news! Bought both the digital and physical version of RCR and I can’t wait for this one! I’d love a retail print again because I hope this will be another one worthy of the space on the shelf.

Brian Provinciano's Avatar

+ Brian Provinciano on November 24th, 2015 at 11:09 am said:

Thanks so much for being such a dedicated fan :)

+ Gorvi on November 24th, 2015 at 11:07 am said:

Love it! Though that name is oddly similar to Hotline Miami….. ;)

+ canedaddy on November 24th, 2015 at 11:09 am said:

AWESOME!! RCR is one of my favorites… cannot wait to play this!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on November 24th, 2015 at 11:24 am said:

Awesome, can’t wait for this!!

+ big_bob002 on November 24th, 2015 at 11:30 am said:

This looks great. Can you steal cars? Are there story and side missions?

Seems like your take on GTA. Which is great since Rockstar has not taken interest in the Vita.

Brian Provinciano's Avatar

+ Brian Provinciano on November 24th, 2015 at 11:49 am said:

Yes, it’s a full open world game with missions, stealing cars, etc. — Check out the previous title, Retro City Rampage DX :) This one takes things up a few notches from that though ;)

+ SarshelYam on November 24th, 2015 at 11:41 am said:

I’ll buy all the things. Digital, physical, hyper-physical, and virtually-physical-digital. #ShakedownHawaii fever!

+ nunley33 on November 24th, 2015 at 11:49 am said:

Love the Max Payne 3 homage. The story reminded me of Batman too coming out of retirement much older and grizzled.This looks awesome, i’m getting this.

Brian Provinciano's Avatar

+ Brian Provinciano on November 24th, 2015 at 11:57 am said:

I’m indeed a huge fan of Dark Knight Returns. Older and slower, but fists of bricks!

+ NOTTULYS on November 24th, 2015 at 12:21 pm said:

Cant wait to play it. Any idea on a release date?

+ CrimsonNemo on November 24th, 2015 at 12:23 pm said:

Oh boy this game is gonna be good, I loved pretty much everything about Retro City Rampage/DX so I’m super excited for this game. If only I could play it now… hmmm perhaps time travel or game genie cheats can help.

+ FlashDrivePrime on November 24th, 2015 at 12:31 pm said:

I didn’t really care for the first game, but there was certainly a lot of potential there, so I have high hopes for the sequel. I’ll probably give this one a try!

+ Shadowbhiemes on November 24th, 2015 at 12:37 pm said:

Will the sequel be 32-bit, then?

+ mthodmn101 on November 24th, 2015 at 12:43 pm said:

Will there be physical copies?

+ ReptileHand on November 24th, 2015 at 12:50 pm said:

Hi again! I’m some guy from Twitter. RCR was amazing. This looks so much better than a re-release and I can’t wait to try it on !

If there IS a physical copy, can I request that your fake cover be put on the reverse side :)? pretty please for my lazy print-machine-less bones?

If you’re staying up late at night working, just remember, we love you(r work) :D

+ Shimrra74 on November 24th, 2015 at 1:30 pm said:

Day 1 purchase for me, this looks amazing and its coming out on VITA!! I love it.

I just hope we see a physical PS Vita release.

+ opikal on November 24th, 2015 at 1:40 pm said:

Nice. Can’t wait to pick it up. I always liked your work! Thanks for supporting the vita!

+ LeiFangFan85 on November 24th, 2015 at 1:58 pm said:

Really loved Retro City Rampage. I can’t wait to play this sequel when it’s released!:D

+ Devil240Z on November 24th, 2015 at 2:03 pm said:

I liked RCR alot and I applaud anyone who supports the VITA! Cant wait to check this out.

+ Watchmann on November 24th, 2015 at 2:04 pm said:

How much will the updates be for the PS4 & Vita versions?

Brian Provinciano's Avatar

+ Brian Provinciano on November 24th, 2015 at 2:11 pm said:

This is a whole new game, not an update.

+ KnifingGrimace on November 24th, 2015 at 2:09 pm said:

I’ll be picking this up. I really enjoyed RCR a lot, and I love 16-bit artstyles. You’ve been pretty busy.

+ CRIMSON-XIII on November 24th, 2015 at 2:09 pm said:

this game looks amazing!

i cannot wait!, does it have conversation between characters and getting missions gta style?

Brian Provinciano's Avatar

+ Brian Provinciano on November 24th, 2015 at 2:11 pm said:

Yup, it’s got missions and a full story mode :)

+ PrimeroIncognito on November 24th, 2015 at 2:27 pm said:

Sweet.

+ GENETICIDE on November 24th, 2015 at 3:46 pm said:

Can’t go wrong with more RCR! Looking forward to a physical copy and the inevitable 32-bit follow-up.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Support Indivisible!
Support Indivisible!
Support Indivisible!
Support Indivisible!
Support Indivisible!

+ Henagata on November 24th, 2015 at 4:01 pm said:

dUDe check out those graphics!
Game looks amazing. time for retro vice city.

+ AgentX on November 24th, 2015 at 5:36 pm said:

I really enjoyed RCR. Great to hear that you’ve got more gaming goodness coming our way. Good luck!

+ cowmamba on November 24th, 2015 at 8:10 pm said:

Looks amazing! Business in the front, bodies in the back <3 I love RCR, I bought it multiple times so that's saying something hahaha!!! Can't wait to play Shakedown Hawaii!

+ Gamer_USA- on November 24th, 2015 at 8:43 pm said:

Any chance our Xbox brothers will be able to enjoy this as well?

Also, I purchased RCR and RCR DX. This is day one for me!

+ SAPTIS on November 25th, 2015 at 12:47 am said:

Wow this game looks amazing, i hope it will come in a box as a retail disc/cartridge version !

I’ve completed Retro City Rampage achieving 100% and i can’t wait to play Brian’s next game.

+ DebraHMcNeil on November 25th, 2015 at 3:22 am said:

My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do… wallstreet34.com

+ brutal-earthworm on November 25th, 2015 at 5:37 am said:

Oh my god! I LOVED Retro City Rampage, it’s one of my favorite games! I’m so excited, I can’t wait!

+ JFDoom on November 25th, 2015 at 8:44 am said:

Platinum Trophy?

+ Welmosca on November 25th, 2015 at 10:21 am said:

Played a bit of Retro City once and it was surprisingly fun,this one looks way better though.Nice job VBlank…looking forward to try it out and this one is Vita all day so thanks for bringing the game to it or else I would never experience it.

+ Kishnabe on November 25th, 2015 at 12:12 pm said:

Hoping this one has a Platinum…..
RCR and DX could easily had more trophies.

+ srmoska on November 25th, 2015 at 8:43 pm said:

why not for ps3? well I played more Retrocity Rampage on the vita anyways

+ Razlo on November 26th, 2015 at 6:55 am said:

I bought the physical version of the 1st game on PS4. Any chance for a physical version on this one?

+ SonicTheNanobot2 on November 27th, 2015 at 2:36 am said:

Are you planing to base the sounds off of the SNES or Genisis this time? I know he first game was based on the NES, and seeing the upgrade makes me curious how the soundtrack will play out.. Hoping next time we get to see player in low poly PS1 glory ;).