Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Nov 25

Uncharted 4 Performance Capture

PlayStation Experience: Join Neil Druckmann and the Cast of Uncharted 4

Uncharted 4 Performance Capture

Arne Meyer's Avatar Posted by on Nov 25, 2015 // Director of Communications, Naughty Dog

The Uncharted series has been consistently praised for its world class narrative, high quality cinematics, and relatable characters. We feel that’s only made possible because of an incredible collaboration between the writers and actors during the entire performance capture shooting schedule – a schedule that can stretch up to several years.

Uncharted 4 Performance Capture

We’ve learned a lot about performance capture over the course of four Uncharted games, and have an equal number of interesting stories from working together that long. At PlayStation Experience 2015, we invite you to join Naughty Dog Creative Director Neil Druckmann and members of the cast as they discuss the process of bringing the characters of Uncharted 4 to life – and give you a peek of what it’s like to be on the performance capture set.

We’ll also be showing never before seen cinematic clips and behind the scenes videos – don’t miss out!

What: Uncharted 4: Stories from the Performance Capture Set
Where: San Francisco, CA — Moscone West Hall, 3rd Floor
When: Saturday, December 5th. 3:00PM Pacific

• Greg Miller, moderator
  • Neil Druckmann, Creative Director at Naughty Dog
  • Nolan North, actor
  • Richard McGonagle, actor
  • Troy Baker, actor
  • Laura Bailey, actor

If you haven’t made plans to attend PlayStation Experience 2015 yet, tickets and discounted hotel rooms are still available. We look forward to seeing you there!

+ GameOverGreggy on November 25th, 2015 at 2:59 pm said:

I’m excited.

+ JamesTSkywalker on November 25th, 2015 at 3:12 pm said:

Ditto. To the ditto’d power.

+ TomG1013 on November 25th, 2015 at 3:56 pm said:

Work it Jessie!

I want to love you, feel you
    Wrap myself around you
    I want to squeeze you, please you
    I just can’t get enough
    And if you move real slow, I’ll let it go

I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it
    I’m about to lose control and I think I like it

+ paulogy on November 25th, 2015 at 4:13 pm said:

Me too!

(Hi Greg :-)

+ Butters360 on November 25th, 2015 at 3:00 pm said:

Will definitely be there for this. Wish Emily Rose could have made it.

+ Mercenary09 on November 25th, 2015 at 3:02 pm said:

Wait, Laura Bailey is in Uncharted 4? As who? That is awesome if true!

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on November 25th, 2015 at 3:35 pm said:

Come to to panel to find out! :D

+ Klode20 on November 25th, 2015 at 3:03 pm said:

I wanna know that too

+ B-wrekless on November 25th, 2015 at 3:03 pm said:

Does anyone else think that Laura Bailey looks like the sister of Brad Stevens, the Boston Celtics coach?

+ Mercenary09 on November 25th, 2015 at 3:08 pm said:

Laura Bailey didn’t replace Emily Rose as Elena did she? Just wondering since Emily is missing from the list of actors attending PSX.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on November 25th, 2015 at 3:36 pm said:

Nah, Emily played Elena in Uncharted 4. She couldn’t make our panel and will be sorely missed.

+ Colonel_Carter on November 25th, 2015 at 3:20 pm said:

Emily and her husband are expecting their second child in a few months I think.

+ amackey10 on November 25th, 2015 at 3:37 pm said:

No she didn’t. Elena was in the extended E3 2015 demo. She was also in the multiplayer announcement trailer. Both times she was voiced by Emily Rose. Emily Rose already finished her mo-cap quite a while ago as Neil Druckmann himself tweeted. Either Laura’s voicing one of the villains(one of the two villains is a woman) or a new female hero character.

+ beltsquid on November 25th, 2015 at 3:49 pm said:

Welp I guess I’m gonna spend my whole Saturday camped out for this panel because I can’t miss this for the world!!!

+ oo7PorscheMGS on November 25th, 2015 at 3:48 pm said:

Awesome, cant wait to meet some of your awesome team!!!!

I’m (more) excited (than Greg Miller;) !!!

Seriously! The Last of Us was the best written game with the best performances as well. I bow down to Neil Druckmann + ND! Can’t wait to meet the guy who tried to break Ellie’s finger off (he knows who he is, lol), and Troy Baker, that Ocelot of voice acting! Of course as a huge Uncharted fan I know Sully (yes that’s his real name now, and he better have a cigar with him on stage lol).

I don’t follow voice acting that much though, and I didn’t know Laura Bailey so I just looked her up – wow, talk about a resume…she’s been in a lot of games! As if this lineup wasn’t awesome already. Can’t wait…I’ll be there.

Silly question, I’m not sure if we need to sign up for these panels beforehand? Or just get in line early to make sure there’s enough room to get in?

+ Trick_2092 on November 25th, 2015 at 4:14 pm said:

Will this be live streamed or archived later?

+ AizawaYuuichi on November 26th, 2015 at 12:45 am said:

^ Yes, this.
    Hopefully you guys will be recording as many of these panels as possible and throwing them up on either the PS twitch channel or youtube channel.

+ SMOOV_KING on November 25th, 2015 at 7:32 pm said:

Tenchu Wrath of heaven for ps2 emulator

+ bbswarrior_11 on November 25th, 2015 at 7:53 pm said:

This is awesome!!! But I also want to know if it´ll be streamed, or at least recorded to see later. I´m like 9000 km away, no chance of going to psx this year.

+ quikblend on November 26th, 2015 at 1:10 am said:

Will there be a way to say hi to the cast and maybe a signature ? That way I know ahead of time.

+ D-Squad3 on November 26th, 2015 at 3:23 am said:

Laura Bailey again? No offense to her but has the pool of talent really become this small?

+ DarkOne_PR on November 26th, 2015 at 4:27 am said:

Please all im asking for PS event is that sony bought crash bandicoot from Suckyvision and u guys come along and announce a new one! PLEASE?!

+ Strangeheaven on November 26th, 2015 at 4:52 am said:

I hope Uncharted 4 is good,because I never liked Uncharted 3. Yeah graphics and acting were superb as always.but it was the pacing,level design,hand holding,lack of puzzles and story that let the game down. I know it was a different team and director that developed Uncharted 3 and it clearly show’s. I played the Tombraider Reboot on ps4 and loved it,to me it was far better then Uncharted 1 and 3. Uncharted 2 was better,but not by much. The control’s in Tombraider are far more fluid and feel much more grounded to her surroundings. I wish Naughtydog the best with Uncharted 4 and will eventually buy it,but I’m more interested in Rise Of The Tombraider.

+ DarkOne_PR on November 26th, 2015 at 7:10 am said:

+ Welmosca on November 26th, 2015 at 10:43 am said:

True UC3 although good was a huge disappointment,that without mentioning the garbage online…now calling TR better than UC1 is madness.And saying UC2 is better but not by much…well that makes your words fully nonsensical.

+ nOObSLAYER on November 26th, 2015 at 9:03 am said:

Laura Bailey…..hmmm, could Marissa Chase be Making a cameo in Uncharted 4 lol

+ gtone339 on November 26th, 2015 at 1:12 pm said:

Or she could be portraying Nate’s Sister? Or perhaps an unknown accomplice that knows the way to the Pirates Treasure?

More for questions to be answered in next weeks PSX 2015 event.

+ death_nation100 on November 26th, 2015 at 9:35 am said:

I wish i can see this with my own eyes

+ saiyanknight87 on November 26th, 2015 at 10:25 am said:

Lawd i hope I get a chance to meet nolan north
it would be a dream come tree

+ Welmosca on November 26th, 2015 at 10:36 am said:

Troy Baker is in UC4?…thats nice.And damn I wish Chloe was in UC4 too but looks like she ain’t…what a shame.

+ poohandvon on November 26th, 2015 at 10:05 pm said:

He plays Nat’es brother Sam, he was introduced in the PS experience demo from last year, and the exteneded E3 2015 demo, check them out if you haven’t.

+ StingrayX on November 27th, 2015 at 8:31 am said:

+ StingrayX on November 27th, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

I hope Greg doesn’t talk about himself/his “business” like usual, while this is happening. Seeing all of our favorite voice actors on stage is going to be amazing.

+ larafan1970 on November 27th, 2015 at 11:17 am said:

I’ll see if I can make it. Would be the trip of a lifetime. I’d treat the uncharted cast like my next door neighbors. Just like anyone else. . My nephew is going to the Phoenix Art Institute. He plans to be a game designer. He’d make a good concept level artist.

+ larafan1970 on November 27th, 2015 at 11:18 am said:

Phoenix as in Arizona.

+ darjanb30 on November 27th, 2015 at 11:01 pm said:

I can’t wait.

+ cusman on December 1st, 2015 at 6:31 am said:

Looking forward to Uncharted 4 next year. In meantime I am on media block out as much as possible.