We’re just days away from PlayStation Experience 2015! Whether you’re lucky enough to make it out to the show in person, or are watching live from home, here are some tips to help you make the most of your weekend.
The PlayStation Experience Keynote will begin at 10:00am PT on Saturday, December 5th, but seating space will be limited. If you’re attending the show and want the best shot at a seat in the keynote auditorium, plan to show up bright and early. Doors for the keynote will open at 8:00am, but frequent convention-goers know all too well that lines can start building up well before that.
If you’re watching remotely, stick around after Saturday’s keynote! We’ll have more than 30 live game demos and developer interviews streaming on Twitch and live.playstation.com from 12:00pm to 9:00pm Saturday and 10:00am to 4:00pm Sunday.
Stay tuned for the full LiveCast schedule. It’s a doozy! And we’ll be joined by the always-charming Anthony Carboni and Meredith Molinari.
If you’re attending the show, be sure to stop by and watch in person! We’ll be joined by members of the World Wide Studios community team, who will be conducting fun interactive activities and gameplay sessions in between live segments.
Expect some all-star panels at this year’s PlayStation Experience, including a behind-the-scenes look at Uncharted 4, a peek into the future of gaming with PlayStation VR, a live recording of PS I Love You XOXO with Greg Miller and the Kinda Funny Games gang, and more. And yes, the panels will be streamed live on Twitch and live.playstation.com, too. Here’s a handy chart that lays out the panels that are currently scheduled for this weekend:
|2:00PM||PlayStation VR and The Future of Play||Dave Ranyard, Director at London Studio
Anton Mikhailov, Media Molecule
And special guests!
|3:00PM||Uncharted 4: Stories from the Performance Capture Set||Greg Miller, moderator
Neil Druckmann, Creative Director at Naughty Dog
Nolan North, actor
Richard McGonagle, actor
Troy Baker, actor
Laura Bailey, actor
|4:00PM||Call of Duty Black Ops 3: Unlocking the Potential of A.I.||Gary Stelmack, Senior Designer
Sumeet Jakatdar, Senior Software Engineer
Yanick Lebel, Lead Animator, Animation
Craig Houston, Lead Writer
|5:00PM||PS I Love You XOXO||Colin Moriarty, Greg Miller, Tim Gettys and Nick Scarpino|
|6:00PM||The Future of Storytelling||Cory Barlog, Creative Director at Santa Monica Studio
Jenova Chen, Creative Director at thatgamecompany
Kareem Ettouney, Creative Director at Media Molecule
Greg Kasavin, Writing & Design at Supergiant Games
|7:00PM||Fighting Games: The Next Generation||Yoshinori Ono, Producer, Street Fighter V
Katsuhiro Harada, Director, Tekken 7
Seth Killian, Developer, Rising Thunder
*All panels take place on Saturday; located on the third floor of the Moscone West building
This one’s important! To truly get the full PlayStation Experience this year, you’re going to want to download the Experience PlayStation App, now available for free on iOS and Android devices. Think of this app as your digital companion for the weekend. Within the app, you’ll find:
- A trackable program guide detailing all of the booths and activities at PlayStation Experience
- The ability to RSVP for PlayStation VR demos
- Exclusive PSN voucher codes and rewards that can be unlocked by checking in at various places throughout PlayStation Experience
- NOTE: To unlock these codes, you need to have registered for your badge with your PSN ID as recommended. If you did not do so, you can still add your PSN ID to your account by logging in here and going to the PSN section of your profile.
- A curated list of PlayStation.Blog articles coming out of PlayStation Experience
- An interactive map of Moscone West to help you find your way
The app is available for download now, but will not be fully populated with PlayStation Experience items until closer to the show. That being said, we highly recommend downloading this app ahead of time and checking it out!
You may have seen this announcement a few weeks back, but in case you missed it – we’re debuting a brand-new set of collectible cards at PlayStation Experience this year. In addition to the game-specific cards you can collect by checking in at various booths, we’re also releasing a limited set of PlayStation Experience Trophy Cards.
Just like on your PlayStation console, Trophy Cards will reward your PlayStation Experience feats. Here’s how to unlock each respective card:
- Bronze: Check in at 5 different locations at PlayStation Experience 2015
- Silver: Check in at 10 different locations at PlayStation Experience 2015
- Gold: Check in at 15 different locations at PlayStation Experience 2015, including the PlayStation Network booth and at least one panel
- Platinum: Attend the Keynote and check in at 15 locations at PlayStation Experience 2015, including the PlayStation Network booth, at least one panel, and Capcom Cup
After you’ve met the requirements listed above, just head to the table next to the LiveCast Stage on the 2nd floor to collect your rewards. Keep in mind that Trophy Cards will be available in limited quantities. Once they’re gone, they’re gone!
Last month, we revealed the (nearly) full list of games that will be playable at PlayStation Experience 2015 — more than 130 in all. Go take a gander — it’s time to decide what you’re going to play first! And here’s a bonus: we can now confirm the full list of (currently announced) PlayStation VR titles that you’ll experience this weekend in San Francisco:
- Battlezone (Rebellion)
- Driveclub VR (SCE Evolution Studio)
- EVE: Valkyrie (CCP)
- GNOG (KO-OP Mode)
- Harmonix Music VR (Harmonix)
- Headmaster (Frame Interactive)
- London Heist: Interrogation (SCE London Studio)
- London Heist: The Getaway (SCE London Studio)
- Megaton Rainfall (Pentadimensional)
- Playroom VR (SCE Japan Studio)
- Project Kitchen (Capcom)
- RIGS Mechanized Combat League (Guerilla Cambridge)
- Rush of Blood (SCE Liverpool XDEV Studio)
- Super Hypercube (Kokoromi)
- Wayward Sky (Uber Entertainment)
- World War Toons (Reload Studios)
Anybody who’s been to the finals of a Street Fighter tournament will tell you that it’s an event everyone should experience at least once in their lives. If you’re around on Sunday, we’re going to make that really easy for you: the Capcom Cup 2015 begins at 10am Sunday and runs throughout the day. This is the culmination of the 2015 Capcom Pro Tour, and by the end of the day the world will have a new Street Fighter champion! Click here for a full run-down of the day’s schedule. There will be salt.
We’ll be offering limited edition t-shirts to commemorate the show (and Capcom Cup!), plus hoodies, collectibles, bags, lanyards, hats and more. The on-site shop will only accept credit cards, so bring ’em with you! Accepted cards include Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
As you probably know already, PlayStation Experience takes place from 10:00am – 10:00pm on Saturday, and 10:00am – 6:00pm on Sunday. However, what you might not know is the fact that you can pick up your badges before the show even starts! We highly recommend grabbing your badge as early as possible so you don’t cut into your actual show time at PlayStation Experience. Badges can be picked up in the lobby of Moscone West at these hours:
- Friday, December 4: 12:00pm – 10:00pm
- Saturday, December 5: 7:00am – 10:00pm
- Sunday, December 6: 9:00am – 6:00pm
Remember, all attendees must be 18 years or older and will be required to present a government issued photo ID in addition to their confirmation email in order to receive their badge.
Can’t make it to San Francisco? Never fear! We’ll certainly miss you, but you can join us in spirit thanks to the magic of modern technology. Just head on over to live.playstation.com and keep up with all the weekend’s big announcements, live panels and developer interviews from the comfort of your own couch / desk / reclining chair. Have fun!