God of War

Dec 05

23436034792_607c644c99_h

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Unveiled for PS4

23436034792_607c644c99_h

Dennis Lee's Avatar Posted by on Dec 05, 2015 // Director, Brand Marketing

At PlayStation Experience 2015, we are extremely excited to announce that Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom is coming to PS4.

Ni no Kuni II_ Revenant Kingdom, Image 03

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch was beloved by many fans when it originally launched in 2013 and we are extremely happy to let everyone know that the highly requested sequel is on its way.

Ni no Kuni II_ Revenant Kingdom, Image 02

While the announcement trailer at PlayStation Experience showed the first look at the game, we have a special treat for all of you coming soon, in the way of a Director’s Cut version of the announcement trailer which features more than a minute of new footage showcasing even more of the great animation, characters, and story for Revenant Kingdom. We’ll share that trailer with you later today.

More PlayStation News from PlayStation Experience 2015

The Modern Zombie Taxi Co. Announced for PlayStation VR

Fat Princess Adventures Out Today on PS4

Invisible, Inc. and Balancing the Endless Mode

PS Now: 12-Month Subscription for $99.99, 9 New Games from WB

34 Comments

+ rafael_martines on December 5th, 2015 at 12:22 pm said:

Awesome, hope the game have dual audio :D

English voice acting over japanese one is lame…

+ Hayades on December 5th, 2015 at 12:23 pm said:

Super exited for this. Only thing that kinda bugged me is that the main character is a boy but looks way too much like a little girl. They should just make it a girl since the first one add a male protagonist.

+ Senjutsu_Dav on December 5th, 2015 at 12:23 pm said:

Will buy on day one for sure. I LOVED the 1st one on PS4 so much that I got a Platinum haha. ^_^

+ gerneric123 on December 5th, 2015 at 12:24 pm said:

Hey, since this is for PS4, mind reviving Ushiro for Vita? Those manga and light novels have to be for something!

+ GENETICIDE on December 5th, 2015 at 12:39 pm said:

Don’t care about cutscenes, gimme that gameplay.

+ LucasXX on December 5th, 2015 at 12:42 pm said:

This is beyond amazing, thank you for the great news, Mr. Lee and Bandai Namco !

+ TruePSIVWiiUFan on December 5th, 2015 at 12:44 pm said:

Is this game exclusive to PlayStation 4 and PC…? Or will it come to other platforms other than those two that I mentioned…?

+ gerneric123 on December 5th, 2015 at 12:54 pm said:

Maybe NX eventually. First game was on DS too and sold the best on that platform in Japan.

+ RidTheOne on December 5th, 2015 at 3:33 pm said:

When do they announced this game will come to PC?

+ drdre74 on December 5th, 2015 at 12:46 pm said:

awesome! I loved the first one. Would be awesome if we could some how bring over our save file from the first one. :)

+ TNTimmy on December 5th, 2015 at 12:59 pm said:

So is this exclusive to PS4? On twitter it says so, in the keynote it said so but the slide said console debut sooo what’s going on.

+ Kishnabe on December 5th, 2015 at 1:08 pm said:

The first one was the best JRPG on the PS3.

Can’t really wait for this one….I hope the Old Cast is somewhere in the game. Especially Drippy.

Will get a PS4 if this is an exclusive.Still looking at it…seems like it can still be done on a PS3.
Been holding out….with all the PS3 game backlogs.

Is this set in the same world, same timeline?

+ dkarlowicz10 on December 5th, 2015 at 1:18 pm said:

Any plans to bring over the first one to PS4?

+ BENJAM1N_LINUS on December 5th, 2015 at 10:17 pm said:

This. Didn’t play it on PS3, and It’s one I feel I missed out on. Don’t want to have to dust off the PS3, but I really want to play the first one before this game.

+ SeshiLord on December 6th, 2015 at 3:54 pm said:

+ BENJAM1N_LINUS Dust off that PS3 and get a pre-owned copy, you shouldn’t spend more than 15 bucks, and a PS4 port would cost ~60 USD on release!

+ paulogy on December 5th, 2015 at 1:27 pm said:

Some of the best news of the day! YES :-)

+ perrandy on December 5th, 2015 at 1:29 pm said:

this is a nice surprise,thank you based namco

+ vinnyg32 on December 5th, 2015 at 3:14 pm said:

Great, I enjoyed the first game. I would like to see some kind bonus “familiar” given for those of us that had completed or platnumed the first Ni No kuni. Or let me bring my Griffy over ; )

+ TwinDad on December 5th, 2015 at 4:17 pm said:

I don’t care what platform, I will buy it. My wishes just came true, it must be Christmas.

PS. Santa, while you are listening can you bring the Valkryia Chronicles new game over to NA please.

+ Septrelo on December 5th, 2015 at 5:56 pm said:

lol dat trailer.
Ni No Kuni grew up fast.

+ TSUKUYOMI9 on December 5th, 2015 at 6:04 pm said:

Look like they would have fixed the video by now cuz that is not ni no kuni lol

+ letherclad on December 5th, 2015 at 9:18 pm said:

First one was in my top 10 for the ps3, really excited for this!

+ saintaqua on December 5th, 2015 at 9:20 pm said:

I’m so excited for this. I LOVED the first game so much!

+ Welmosca on December 5th, 2015 at 10:05 pm said:

I doubt thats Ni No Kuni lol…but damn I saw a damn nice game over there NIOH hu…I’ll keep ma eyes on that one.

Already found strange that a game from Namco would start the video with Tecmo Koei brand on it LMAO.

Anyway came here to see Ni No Kuni but saw something better so that mistake was appreciated guys.

+ BandaiNamco209 on December 6th, 2015 at 6:04 am said:

I love Studio Ghibli, I’m hype for this game and it’s exclusively for PS4

+ GunnerFCm on December 6th, 2015 at 8:52 am said:

Highlight of the keynote, for me. First one is one of the finest games on Ps3. Day 1 purchase for the sequel and will be keeping an eye out for any special editions, something I rarely do. What a nice surprise! Thanks!

+ sealum01 on December 6th, 2015 at 9:38 am said:

I will own this game! I hope that Ni No Kuni is released on Playstation Now, as I would love to play through it as well — preferably before Ni No Kuni 2 is released!

+ sealum01 on December 6th, 2015 at 9:39 am said:

A remaster of Ni No Kuni would also be much appreciated!

+ Phoenix9889 on December 6th, 2015 at 10:31 am said:

I’m not sure but I think the trailer on this page might be wrong. I mean if that’s what game looks like then if took a left turn fast.

+ AizawaYuuichi on December 6th, 2015 at 11:58 am said:

I know I’m in a minority here, but I couldn’t care less about Studio Ghibli, and the fact that Level-5 went with them for art direction completely turned me off with the last game. I don’t see any difference here.
I was extremely disappointed this wasn’t Dark Cloud 3 or Rogue Galaxy 2, or something else new. Guess I get to wait another 3-4 years for something I might play from Level-5. Heck, I’d even take a White Knight Chronicles 3 over this.

+ Cybexx on December 8th, 2015 at 4:13 pm said:

It’s my understanding that Dark Cloud 2, Rogue Galaxy and White Knight Chronicles did not sell especially well. You’ll note that Sony didn’t even publish White Knight Chronicles 2 in North America, D3 picked up the publishing.

Level 5 self published Ni No Kuni in Japan. Both versions of Ni No Kuni did okay in Japan I believe but I don’t think they were the big successes they were hoping a partnership with Studio Ghibli would bring. Namco Bandai brought the PS3 version to the west (because a $90 DS version with a book wasn’t going to work in North America) and it was a much bigger success than I think anyone was expecting after the lukewarm reception in Japan.

The fact that this is being announced as a PS4 exclusive at a US event says to me that the reason this sequel is even happening is due to the success in the west. It also seems like they have the opportunity to take this a fresh new direction, but yeah if the art style isn’t your thing then this probably isn’t the game you are looking for.

+ SeshiLord on December 6th, 2015 at 3:47 pm said:

YEEEEEEEEES

+ Rezolution77 on December 6th, 2015 at 7:59 pm said:

Still haven’t had the pleasure of playing the last one I bought.

But even if I haven’t, I would be hard pressed not to support it and Studio Ghibli.

Bandai Namco has all the good titles, let me tell you.

Now when can I see a Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks for Vita?

Heck, with that and an additional bonus of Final Fantasy 7 and new supported PS2 emulation I might just have to buy a PS4.

+ plaztiksyke on December 7th, 2015 at 4:04 pm said:

this was the reveal where people around me at the show lost their minds.

I’m sure that they’ll release a PS4 version ahead of this, given how well that strategy has worked for numerous other titles.

will we ever see Professor Layton on PS4/Vita?