PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Dec 18

Game of the Year 2015

Vote Now: PS.Blog Game of the Year 2015 Awards

Game of the Year 2015

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by on Dec 18, 2015 // Social Media Manager, SIEA

PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year 2015 (for white background)

It’s that time of year again! Whether you’re finishing up last-minute holiday shopping, booking a trip back home, prioritizing your gaming catch-up plans, or just taking it easy until 2016, there’s one thing we can all come together for: Game of the Year voting!

We’re lucky enough to live in a world where every year is pretty darned good for gamers, but 2015 was a year where PlayStation 4 really started to hit its stride. We started 2015’s list of GotY nominees nice ‘n early with FromSoftware’s Bloodborne, but things have stayed steady throughout the year.

A few quick housekeeping notes before we dive in:

• Nominees are limited to games that have never appeared on a PlayStation platform before.
  • Additionally, if a game has won for a specific category in a previous year, it’s no longer eligible to win in that category this year.
  • We tried to include a (very) wide range of nominees for each category, but if your favorite isn’t on the list feel free to write it in at the bottom of each form.

We’re keeping the polls open until the end of 2015 to give folks time to catch up on any games they might still have in their backlog (I’m looking at you, Geralt). Once the polls close at 11:59pm Pacific on December 31st, we’ll start tallying ’em up, with the big Winners post following in early January.

But enough stalling — let’s vote!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ gerneric123 on December 18th, 2015 at 12:47 pm said:

Right off the bat you broke your own rules. N+ and Tearaway have been on other PlayStation platforms.

+ Justin Massongill on December 18th, 2015 at 12:49 pm said:

They’re both different games.

+ DaioujousBell on December 18th, 2015 at 12:54 pm said:

I though Tearaway was completely re-done so I think that’s fine….however N+ I agree

+ RompleStomp on December 18th, 2015 at 1:04 pm said:

N++ is a different game and name then N+. N++>N+

+ honkayjeezus on December 20th, 2015 at 10:04 am said:

Logic has no place here.

+ Shaydy420 on December 20th, 2015 at 2:44 pm said:

There are these things called sequels that follow on from previous games, yet, they are an entirely new game…

+ AbdouAssassin on December 21st, 2015 at 1:19 pm said:

Where is Uncharted 4?

+ reservoir_dog209 on December 24th, 2015 at 10:32 am said:

Where is uncharted 4 for most anticipated

+ lildragn on December 18th, 2015 at 12:47 pm said:

Hmm no Life is Strange for Soundtrack? That must be an accident o_0

+ Justin Massongill on December 18th, 2015 at 12:49 pm said:

Ah, someone recommended that one and I forgot to add it! Dropping it in now, thanks. ^_^

+ Fistkil on December 18th, 2015 at 4:29 pm said:

You’re the accident :)

+ Fistkil on December 18th, 2015 at 4:30 pm said:

+ StingrayX on December 21st, 2015 at 4:56 pm said:

Witcher 3 GOTY

+ andyman909090 on December 22nd, 2015 at 5:01 pm said:

Nice

+ poodude on December 18th, 2015 at 12:49 pm said:

No Rainbow Six: Siege for best multiplayer!? Good thing there’s always the “Other” option :P.

Have a happy holidays, PlayStation Blog crew!

+ Justin Massongill on December 18th, 2015 at 12:50 pm said:

Hm, probably should have had that one in there — adding now!

+ djml9 on December 18th, 2015 at 12:52 pm said:

Exactly. I played it for like 10 hours straight yesterday. Its so much fun but everyone keeps ignoring the game. Its a reap shame.

+ Mercenary09 on December 18th, 2015 at 12:50 pm said:

Hey guys Rock Band 4 wasn’t on PS3 yet you have it listed as a choice. Just thought I’d point that out.

+ Justin Massongill on December 18th, 2015 at 12:52 pm said:

Thank you, updated. ^_^

+ djml9 on December 18th, 2015 at 12:51 pm said:

Everyone keeps overlooking Rainbow 6 Siege but its such a famtastic game. By far one of the best multplayers ever.

+ MakaiOokami on December 18th, 2015 at 7:18 pm said:

I’m hearing the MP has major issues.

+ Purgatori303 on December 20th, 2015 at 9:00 am said:

Most people are overlooking it because instead of putting their money into a campaign, and a solid multiplayer, they decided to blow a bunch of their money on hiring a Hollywood actress to play a character in a game she could care less about. Angela Bassett doesn’t belong in this game, and this is coming from someone who use to be a big fan of hers until she joined the “white hating, PC pushing” brigade.

+ rrenard1 on December 25th, 2015 at 1:50 pm said:

Agreed.

+ goatnuke on December 18th, 2015 at 12:51 pm said:

My *honest* Game of the Year across all platforms is Super Mario Maker. I adore how it encourages creativity and will probably be a gateway to a whole new generation of level designers. It’s perhaps the best thing Nintendo has made in many years.

Really loved games across all platforms but I just felt that one was particularly special and worth mentioning.

+ Xbox1_Sign_Out on December 18th, 2015 at 12:52 pm said:

Okay well this is a Playstation site, go back to Miiverse.

+ draymoney on December 18th, 2015 at 5:13 pm said:

This ain’t the Nintendo treehouse son.

+ MakaiOokami on December 18th, 2015 at 7:27 pm said:

Too bad out of the 12 million or so Wii Us sold worldwide, there have been 2 million Mario Maker’s sold, and I would wager money that most of the people who play Wii U are people who were over 18 by the time Wii U was released.

Playstation has just as much if not more kinds of creative gaming experiences.

Minecraft, Sound Shapes, LBP, Sony had a whole Genre coined as Play Create Share.

How exactly would you (when you were a little kid) articulate why you need them to spend $300 on a Wii U, when you already have a Wii and that was under $200 when you got it…

Parents typically think it’s an add on. Nintendo screwed up their marketing in every way shape and form with that Wii U branding.

+ Thunderbunny2000 on December 19th, 2015 at 11:23 am said:

It’s not even that good of a game

+ Xbox1_Sign_Out on December 18th, 2015 at 12:51 pm said:

Vote for Kojima he deserves it.

+ Thunderbunny2000 on December 19th, 2015 at 11:25 am said:

The only people who will vote for Kojima is you and him. Go back to miiverse you furry

+ Purgatori303 on December 20th, 2015 at 8:54 am said:

Calling someone else a furry when your name is Thunderbunny and you’re sporting a Bronie avatar. Lol, pot meet kettle.

+ Purgatori303 on December 20th, 2015 at 8:54 am said:

you’re*

+ Purgatori303 on December 20th, 2015 at 8:55 am said:

Never mind first “your” was right. FML

+ IceColdKilla44 on December 18th, 2015 at 12:52 pm said:

Love these polls.

Also, was leaving Uncharted 4 out of “Most Anticipated” intentional?

+ Justin Massongill on December 18th, 2015 at 1:02 pm said:

Our rules say a game can’t win the same award for multiple years, and Uncharted 4 won Most Anticipated last year. :)

+ al2009man on December 18th, 2015 at 12:54 pm said:

I was wondering the same.

+ Mercenary09 on December 18th, 2015 at 12:55 pm said:

Uncharted 4 won it last year so It can’t be up for it again. It says that in the rules above. Also was said on last nights blogcast.

+ NotDedicated on December 22nd, 2015 at 10:58 am said:

Oh. Voted for it anyway

+ Fuzzypaws on December 18th, 2015 at 12:52 pm said:

Taco Master for Vita!

write-in for the upset!

+ gerneric123 on December 18th, 2015 at 1:09 pm said:

please don’t

+ ggdude on December 18th, 2015 at 12:53 pm said:

Rocket League for President (or Prime Minister, in my case)!

+ twinspectre on December 18th, 2015 at 12:54 pm said:

Vote for From Software because these guys knows how to take a Risk in this industry

+ MakaiOokami on December 18th, 2015 at 7:32 pm said:

Sorry I had to go with Square Enix.

With Heavensward, Cross-save with the FFX version for PS4, FFVII releasing, etc…

I just find myself playing a Square Enix released title this year more than any year I can remember ever. Though Final Fantasy Record Keeper is partly to blame for that so that might also be cheating. :P

+ TrigenarianGamer on December 29th, 2015 at 7:59 am said:

What’s risky about making the same game four times?

+ Andrefpvs on December 18th, 2015 at 12:57 pm said:

Justin, you can’t have Steins;Gate nominated as best PS3 and Vita game and not have it on the Best Story category, since that game is all about the story :P

By the way, is Persona 5 not eligible for Most Anticipated? It didn’t win last year IIRC.

+ Justin Massongill on December 18th, 2015 at 1:08 pm said:

Yep, Persona 5 won an award for Most Anticipated last year so it’s not eligible for that category again this year. It’s certainly up there on my personal list though!

+ Mercenary09 on December 18th, 2015 at 12:59 pm said:

It did win an award for it last year.

+ Andrefpvs on December 18th, 2015 at 1:01 pm said:

It got 3rd place, which isn’t “winning” in my book :P

+ Mercenary09 on December 18th, 2015 at 1:08 pm said:

It still won an award and by their rules that means it is disqualified this year. Rules are rules.

+ Andrefpvs on December 18th, 2015 at 1:43 pm said:

You don’t need to “rules are rules” me, as if I wasn’t capable of understanding that. I was just trying to have the semantics of “winning for a specific category in a previous year” clarified, as it wasn’t very obvious if that meant getting first place or any of the first four places in last year’s results.

+ Mercenary09 on December 18th, 2015 at 2:22 pm said:

Wasn’t saying it in a mean way man. It’s cool.

+ Andrefpvs on December 18th, 2015 at 3:59 pm said:

Oh, okay! You know what they say about the Internet and being unable to convey the tone of your speech. Sorry if I took it the wrong way! ^_^

+ Mercenary09 on December 18th, 2015 at 12:58 pm said:

So here were my picks:
Best PS4: Metal Gear Solid V
Best PS3: Metal Gear Solid V
Best Vita Game: Shovel Knight
Best Story: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Best Soundtrack: Metal Gear Solid V
Best Expansion: Bloodborne The Old Hunters
Most Anticipated: The Last Guardian
Studio of the Year: Kojima Productions
Best PS Plus Game: Rocket League
Best Multiplayer: Rocket League
Best Download only game: Rocket League

+ Justin Massongill on December 18th, 2015 at 1:09 pm said:

Solid picks! A few of these are going to align with my votes, I think…

+ IMSOOOEVIL on December 24th, 2015 at 5:48 pm said:

Why in the hell do you vote for MGSV that game was so undone not finshed the best game last year was witcher 3 or mad max

+ obink007 on January 7th, 2016 at 3:41 am said:

metal gear solid is good

+ ylipaino89 on December 18th, 2015 at 1:00 pm said:

Yo, JC3 has an amazing soundtrack, it should receive its place in the list, but thank god there is the “other” opinion.

+ Gorvi on December 18th, 2015 at 1:00 pm said:

Thanks Justin for making sure Heavansward made it on there! I’m on hiatus from the game until 3.2 (I’m not crazy enough to go for an Anima weapon) but man Heavansward itself knocked it out of the park. :)

+ Pakalicious on December 18th, 2015 at 1:45 pm said:

I really wish they’d bring back that bat avatar.

+ Oosman27 on December 18th, 2015 at 1:00 pm said:

Please add Persona 5 for Most anticipated 2016.

Thanks.

+ Mercenary09 on December 18th, 2015 at 1:09 pm said:

It won it last year. Can’t win 2 years in a row that is why it was disqualified this year.

+ solace357 on December 18th, 2015 at 1:02 pm said:

Having to choose between Bloodborne & Metal Gear Solid was tough for me haha.
Hotline Miami 2 gets the soundtrack vote!

+ wouldyoukindly95 on December 18th, 2015 at 1:03 pm said:

PLEASE add Pillar to the soundtrack category… really underrated OST, probably one of the best I’ve heard in a game.

+ jgr9 on December 18th, 2015 at 1:04 pm said:

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter needed to be in the Best Soundtrack selection… And Beyond Good & Evil should win PS+ game, but of course Rocket League is going to win.

+ Resetti on December 18th, 2015 at 1:07 pm said:

You forgot to add “Amplitude” to the most anticipated game of 2016!

+ Mercenary09 on December 18th, 2015 at 1:09 pm said:

Write it in!

+ Cat_Corye on December 18th, 2015 at 1:09 pm said:

I voted for Corpse Party Blood Drive and game for 2016 that isn’t coming to the west for dumb reasons.

Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 for PS Vita/PS4.

+ gattsocean on December 18th, 2015 at 1:10 pm said:

I had to write in Rocket League’s soundtrack. Cause those songs are really fun to listen to while playing, and on their own.

+ Mercenary09 on December 18th, 2015 at 1:13 pm said:

They are really good. MGSV still topped it in my eyes though do to all the classic 80’s songs along with the Original songs too like Sins of the Father and Quiets Theme.

+ yosoinbord on December 18th, 2015 at 1:13 pm said:

Witcher 3 everything.

+ Pirelli913 on December 19th, 2015 at 1:19 am said:

This.

+ blackkristos on December 19th, 2015 at 5:35 am said:

Truth.

+ Enistachia on December 18th, 2015 at 1:14 pm said:

Clicked and voted! Good luck to all candidates!!

+ FortyPercent on December 18th, 2015 at 1:16 pm said:

I’m a little sad to see Gravity Rush 2 isn’t one of the pre-written options for Most Anticipated. I would hope it’s something quite a few people would want to pick, myself certainly included. Voting for it anyway!

+ Justin Massongill on December 18th, 2015 at 1:55 pm said:

Mercenary is right — GR2 doesn’t yet have a confirmed release date.

+ Mercenary09 on December 18th, 2015 at 1:21 pm said:

I think because it hasn’t exactly been announced as a 2016 game.

+ TrueAssassin86x on December 18th, 2015 at 1:16 pm said:

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt for Game of The Year and CD Project Red for developer of the year.

+ Justin Massongill on December 18th, 2015 at 1:55 pm said:

Something tells me those are going to be popular picks this year.

+ Enigma777 on December 22nd, 2015 at 6:30 am said:

Dude, CD Project Red has become my favorite studio ever this year! I ran into a glitch that made a quest in W3 uncompletable and I dropped them a line and the nicest person ever replied back and asked for my PS4 save file. A day later I got an email back with a fixed save file in it and 2 weeks later a patch went out to everyone that fixed the issue for good.

Honestly I can’t recommend them enough!!!

+ GunnerFCm on December 18th, 2015 at 1:23 pm said:

Without consciously choosing to, I voted Rocket League every time it was an option. Realized that if I’m voting for it so much (best multiplayer, best download, best expansion, best free PS+ game) it probably is also my game of the year. Love that Rocket League! Certainly my most played game this year, and if you had told me that six months ago I would have called you crazy. Truly a great success story!

+ TheUnbornNobodyX on December 18th, 2015 at 1:24 pm said:

I really hope Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture wins the best soundtrack. The musical score was amazing! :D

+ GunnerFCm on December 18th, 2015 at 3:07 pm said:

So true…

+ cleversignin on December 18th, 2015 at 7:46 pm said:

twas but Life is Strange was better.

+ Mizunodragon on December 18th, 2015 at 1:25 pm said:

Where’s Uncharted 4 in Most Anticipated 2016 category?

+ madmanwithabox12 on December 18th, 2015 at 1:25 pm said:

Best PS4 – Batman: Arkham Knight
Best Vita – Danganronpa Another Episode (though P4D is VERY close)
Best PS3 – Hotline Miami 2? It was great on Vita at least.
Best Story – Danganronpa Another Episode (by a mile yet not even on the list!)
Best Soundtrack – Persona 4 Dancing All Night, is this even a question?
Best Digital Only – Rocket League
Best Multiplayer – Rocket League
Most Anticipated 2016 – Persona 5. Otherwise Gravity Rush 2
Best PS+ – Gauntlet
Best Expansion – A Matter of Family, I’m a huge Batgirl fanboy
Studio – Meh… none of them. Arrowhead perhaps?

+ Astraleaf on December 18th, 2015 at 1:26 pm said:

I know there’s no guarantee we’ll see FF7 Remake in 2016, but it’s my most anticipated game of 2016, so I wrote it in as Final Fantasy VII Remake. It’s also my most anticipated game of 2017, 2018… actually, pretty much every year after 1997. ;-P Is there any reason it wasn’t included in the poll? I think most official comments have been for sometime in 2016, even though fan rumblings are anticipating 2017 so that it’ll be released on the original game’s 20th anniversary.

+ Justin Massongill on December 18th, 2015 at 1:56 pm said:

No confirmed date, so it’s not eligible. Sorry!

+ Astraleaf on December 18th, 2015 at 9:04 pm said:

To Justin Massongill: Okay, thanks for the info! :) I would be interested to know how many people write it in by the end of the poll, though, haha.

+ Paatd on December 18th, 2015 at 1:28 pm said:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth was my favourite ps plus game. But Rocket league is a great #2, these two beat the rest of the line up this year by far

+ Fuhr31 on December 18th, 2015 at 10:10 pm said:

Wasn’t The Binding of Isaac released in 2014?

+ Shadow_Kamui on December 18th, 2015 at 1:29 pm said:

This is the PlayStation blog and in Most Anticipated 2016 is not uncharted as a nominated unbelievable

+ Mercenary09 on December 18th, 2015 at 1:43 pm said:

Read the post and the comments. It won last year so It can’t be nominated and win again. That is only fair.

+ otaku_no_bfm on December 18th, 2015 at 1:31 pm said:

I’m really surprised The Elder Scrolls Online isn’t here. I had to add it under “other” several times.

+ Justin Massongill on December 18th, 2015 at 1:58 pm said:

Ah, good catch! I’ll add it to the PS4 and Multiplayer polls.

+ EndlessWinter23 on December 18th, 2015 at 1:44 pm said:

Filled in Nier Automata for most anticipated, this game can’t come soon enough.

+ Justin Massongill on December 18th, 2015 at 2:00 pm said:

I forgot they confirmed that one for 2016! Added. :)

+ LightKiosk on December 18th, 2015 at 1:46 pm said:

Gran Turismo Sport should be on the list for Most Anticipated 2016.

+ iamtylerdurden1 on December 18th, 2015 at 3:52 pm said:

I believe the said 2016 for GT Sport, obviously no firm date. Should be there.

+ ProfLoomynarty on December 18th, 2015 at 1:55 pm said:

Nuclear Throne all the way! That thing’s real addictive, and I’m kinda surprised it’s not one of the nominees for the best soundtrack, becuase holy dodongers, it’s so good.

Also Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows is the coolest expansion of this decade. It added so much new cool ****, it’s really great. And it’s free!

+ SureBigBuster on December 18th, 2015 at 1:57 pm said:

Tough to choose GOTY between MGSV and Bloodborne. Both are purrrrrfect!!

+ ShackDYT on December 18th, 2015 at 1:58 pm said:

“Most Anticipated 2016” Persona 5… Where is it? Lol

+ SpeckTech on December 18th, 2015 at 2:00 pm said:

Vita GOTY: Dungeon Travelers 2.

+ Dmx66 on December 18th, 2015 at 2:08 pm said:

Uncharted 4 for most anticipated 2016!!!!

+ cleversignin on December 18th, 2015 at 7:44 pm said:

didn’t see it on the list??

+ LeandroDiFini on December 18th, 2015 at 2:14 pm said:

Here are my picks! ROCKET LEAGUE FTW!!!

Best PS4: Rocket League
Best PS3: Metal Gear Solid V
Best PS Vita: Helldivers
Best Story: Broken Age
Best Soundtrack: Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture
Best Digital Release Only: Kings Quest Chapter 1
Best Multiplayer: Rocket League
Most Anticipated: The Last Guardian
Best PS Plus: Rocket League
Best Expansion: Dragon Age: Inquisition – Trespasser
Studio of The Year: Psyonix

+ varmintx on December 18th, 2015 at 2:20 pm said:

I didn’t expect FFXIV to get so many of my votes. Bloodborne seems like a lock for PS4 GOTY. And free PS+ game was the easiest to decide despite the massive nominee list. I was just quickly scrolling it down it to find the masterpiece that is Transistor.

+ saab01 on December 18th, 2015 at 2:46 pm said:

Best ps4 exclusive in 2015 in my eyes was until dawn.

+ saab01 on December 18th, 2015 at 2:49 pm said:

Best ps plus game hands down was rocket league

+ hypersk_us on December 18th, 2015 at 3:21 pm said:

I really enjoyed Rocket League, but I liked Towerfall Ascension and Tower of Guns so much that I ended buying them when my PS+ subscription expired. Perhaps I’ll get Rocket League when it has another price drop.

+ Kishnabe on December 18th, 2015 at 2:53 pm said:

Best Vita: Dungeon Travelers 2

Upcoming: Odin Sphere

+ jgrizzle358 on December 18th, 2015 at 3:14 pm said:

Awesome list! I voted. :)

BTW Justin I should probably point out it’s Resident Evil Revelations 2, not Resident Evil 2: Revelations. :O

+ Justin Massongill on December 18th, 2015 at 4:16 pm said:

Oops! A silly mistake — I had to type a lot of game titles for this post. XD

+ hypersk_us on December 18th, 2015 at 3:18 pm said:

You forgot to include these two:

-Corpse Party: Blood Drive (PS Vita Exclusive)
-Megadimension Neptunua VII (PS4 Exclusive)

+ Justin Massongill on December 18th, 2015 at 4:22 pm said:

Good call on Corpse Party. I’ve seen a few requests for Megadimension as Most Anticipated too, I’ll toss it on the list. Thanks!

+ hypersk_us on December 18th, 2015 at 3:19 pm said:

*Neptunia

We really need an “Edit” button…

+ Auxilium1 on December 18th, 2015 at 3:20 pm said:

Best PS4 game is Bloodborne….
It’s an actual exclusive…

Casuals.

+ joyrul96 on December 18th, 2015 at 3:26 pm said:

Exactly. Only real exclusives should be candidates imo

+ TrueAssassin86x on December 19th, 2015 at 4:03 am said:

If thats the case Ps4 Would only have two games. BloodBorne and the uncharted collection. Ouch hahaha

+ joyrul96 on December 18th, 2015 at 3:25 pm said: