Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Dec 23

23550115499_2bd3f764d8_h

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Arrives on April 26, 2016 May 10, 2016

Neil Druckmann, Creative Director, and Bruce Straley, Game Director's Avatar Posted by on Dec 23, 2015 //

Let’s start with the good news: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is wrapping up production and is shaping up to be the proper send off for Nathan Drake that we’ve promised you. The bad news is that we need a bit more time to finish the game so that it meets our standards and vision. Let’s cut to the chase, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End has a new release date in North America of April 26, 2016 May 10, 2016.

This is our largest Uncharted game to date, and the team has been working incredibly hard to meet the challenge of closing out the game’s development in a timely manner. However, as we approached our final deadlines and started wrapping up the game’s levels, we realized that several key sequences needed extra resources to bring them to the finish line. After carefully considering all of our options, we decided to extend our schedule, making sure that we get a few more polish passes before submitting our gold master (the final disc for manufacturing).

Pushing the date is not an easy choice, and we wouldn’t do it if we didn’t feel in our hearts it’s the best course of action for the game. To you, our loyal fans, we hope you’ll accept our sincere apology. We know many of you have been waiting patiently for Nathan Drake’s final chapter, and now we humbly ask you to wait a bit longer.

On April 26, 2016 May 10, 2016, the most ambitious installment in the Uncharted series will be in your hands.

Neil Druckmann & Bruce Straley

Update: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End has an updated release date of May 10th, 2016. Read more here.

186 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ BrianMcGuinness on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:02 am said:

All good, guys. Can’t wait. There’s like a 100% chance this will be amazing.

+ honkayjeezus on December 23rd, 2015 at 2:27 pm said:

Yes, repeated delays always point to an amazing product.

+ oo7PorscheMGS on December 23rd, 2015 at 4:06 pm said:

Repested delays? He’s talking about Naughty Dog… Delays or not, they know how to deliver a badass game… 100%.

+ ibe6yoube9 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:39 pm said:

lol, + honkayjeezus, you won the internet for today. Tell that to the fine folks who created Duke Nukem Forever!

+ jerk_man on December 24th, 2015 at 3:00 pm said:

@honkayjeezus you forgot to put a smiley or windy so that op knows you are being sarcastic /facetious

+ jerk_man on December 24th, 2015 at 3:00 pm said:

Winky*

+ peanut0423 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:02 am said:

Colin’s always right.

+ RoseyJohn1 on December 23rd, 2015 at 12:21 pm said:

“Use the hashtag!” Haha

Always glad to see a fellow Best Friend. :)

+ CYLON3173 on December 23rd, 2015 at 4:12 pm said:

Never doubt your boy Colin M. #beLIeve

+ gatormatt on December 23rd, 2015 at 6:25 pm said:

Beyond!!!

+ Coody-Baroody on December 25th, 2015 at 5:06 am said:

Colin M is the MAN but he was only half right. He said it would be pushed back 6-8 months if i remember right.

But half right is still right

#ColinWasRight

+ peanut0423 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:03 am said:

Still though. Take your time.

+ drew327 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:03 am said:

No biggie, take your time.

+ itschuck1995 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:04 am said:

#colinwasright

+ Schues_Oli on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:05 am said:

Take all the time you want guys. Perfection takes time. #ColinWasRight

+ Teedro1214 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:05 am said:

Don’t let Colin shame you too much. No need to apologize, take you’re time!

+ dontknowsoldier on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:07 am said:

April 26th? I can wait a little longer if it means the game will meet your high standards. Do what you gotta do, guys and gals!

+ cubbielovr on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:07 am said:

It stinks that we’ll have to wait an extra month, but it will no doubt be well worth the wait. Can’t wait guys, keep up the good work.

+ SteinsGate00 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:07 am said:

Take all the time you need, there’s no need to rush. Played your Games since Crash Bandicoot 1, they were always great, you got my full trust.

+ Xcaligamer1 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:08 am said:

Take all the time you need. Uncharted must be handled with care

+ FE3DBAC on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:08 am said:

I really don’t mind I still have other games to finish up. And ik once I get this game, I’ll wanna play this ASAP.

+ xhooterz25 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:10 am said:

It’s okay, we still love ya haha

+ megadeth232 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:11 am said:

#ColinWasRight

+ heaven_or_heck on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:12 am said:

The faith is strong. Take all the time you need. We know you can’t force it out and meet expectations.

+ Blitzmage93 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:12 am said:

#ColinWasRight #TakeYourTime

+ ZhaneEndrick on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:12 am said:

I’m not really disappointed by this. We’ll get it when we get it. Whatever it takes for a superbly polished game.

But still…#ColinWasRight

+ Howiec30 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:14 am said:

Nooooo! In all honesty we all want the best game and trust your judgment guys! Whatever you need to do to make the game that much better

+ bernionline2 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:14 am said:

a good way to thanks the fans for the extra patience could be with an open beta.

If only!

+ sakiss974 on December 24th, 2015 at 3:44 am said:

exactly what I said in my comment..its stupid to have all the collection of uncharted on ps4 plus pre ordered the 4th and not be able to play any of the multiplayer on ps4…they should do something about that because the multiplayer is amazing..and its stupid to not be able to play on ps4

+ killersense on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:14 am said:

this sucks…. but after TLOU I am fine with any delays to make the game perfect

+ VampireSpirit on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:15 am said:

Take all the time you need

+ criperro on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:16 am said:

Noooo April is Dark Souls 3 month.

+ YoungChefDee21 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:17 am said:

Very respectable of you Neil/Bruce to write such a detailed heartfelt message to the fans.. I’m sure no one feels any type of way about you guys needing more time to produce PS greatness. But I will say that Jak And Daxter are cherished & admired by so much of the PlayStation nation & Naughty dogs fans alike and for over a decade we’ve been hoping, praying & desiring to play a new Jak & Daxter made by naughty dog.. Its such a system seller of a franchise. A true piece of nostalgia for the PlayStation nation.. Jak and Daxter deserve a proper fourth game from the talented Sony developer naughty dog.. Please reconsider Making Jak 4 either after or uncharted 4 or the Last of US 2. Please Don’t leave Jaks legacy tarnished by that awful The lost frontier rubbish. Thank you Naughty dog, Neil Drunkman & Bruce straley for producing some of the best games the PlayStation has ever seen you guys are dope

+ Seluhir on December 23rd, 2015 at 11:50 am said:

Neil Drunkman? I’m sure he likes his beer as much as the next guy but… ;)

+ Coody-Baroody on December 25th, 2015 at 5:16 am said:

A Naughty Dog Jak & Daxter? No way in hell that would happen now mate and neither SHOULD it. Naughty Dog have moved on and moved up in the gaming industry. Theyre now literally regarded as the best studio in the world and as much as you love J&D, 3D platformers about furry animals is frankly below them now in my opinion.

Thats not criticism of J&D, its respect of Naughty Dogs genius.

I would be mad as hell if they announced a J&D game for PS4 from Naughty Dog. It would be time and money better used on what the whole WORLD really wants……..

The Last of Us 2

+ Blackballhog on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:19 am said:

i am loving all the Colin was right notes, and its true, we don’t care in the slightest. Just make the game the best it can be and we will love it. That being said…
#ColinWasRight

+ DuoMaxwell007 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:19 am said:

that works perfectly because i didnt know how I would do it with the Division and Uncharted coming out in within a week of eachother… Now I can take my 10 day vacation from work for the division, then do it again in April for Uncharted.. Thanks ND!!

+ Le_Mental on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:20 am said:

Stop giving release dates! It was supposed to come out in November!

+ DuoMaxwell007 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:41 am said:

umm ND never ONCE said it was coming out in November, that was all speculation due to the fact that every other UC game came out in that month

+ TidalOneka on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:21 am said:

Can’t say I’m not slightly disappointed by the news- this was THE game I was anticipating in the new year. Don’t really care about much else coming out in Jan/Feb/March.

Still, take all the time you need. If it is anywhere near as good as UC2 and UC3 I know I’ll be spending the better part of the next two years replaying single player and playing multiplayer and co-op.

+ insane1220 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:23 am said:

With the current state a lot of games are released these days, I’m 100% behind Naughty Dog’s decision. Uncharted is one of my favorites series and I cannot wait to play this game.

+ jimboiscool1 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:23 am said:

This sucks but I know you guys will make it great. Been a fan since jak and daxter ( Never had a PS1 for crash) and haven’t been disappointed since.

+ CommanderClif on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:24 am said:

Hey Naughty Dog, take your time, only get to release this one time and we are looking forward to eating it up when you are finished.
But yeah #colinwasright

+ JuggleMan on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:25 am said:

Colin was right…

+ TheSpyroBrothers on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:28 am said:

While I am sad to hear this’ll, I’m glad to hear that the game is coming along great and that you guys are double checking everything.

+ Gskyace on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:29 am said:

For the last adventure of Drake,
I can wait for the perfection.

+ markuan84 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:30 am said:

coline was right!!!!!!!

+ ZhaneEndrick on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:32 am said:

I tease you about Colin M’s prediction, but it’s all in good fun. The reality is that I have a lot of faith in Naughty Dog because the team has earned that faith and respect over the years. I’m not going to pretend that I’ve loved every decision, but overall I’ve come to know that I can expect a really fun and solid game from ND. Do what you need to do. I’ll play it when it’s ready to be played.

+ juanmanshow on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:32 am said:

I don’t care, I will still buy the crap out of this game…. I goddamn love it already. Can’t wait for the Next Naughty Dog game whatever it turns out to be.

NAUGHTY DOG you’re the best there is and will ever be!!!

+ megacarlos on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:35 am said:

Good thing ill have dying light dlc and other games to wrap up I can wait for a masterpiece. Hopefully this gives u guys enough time to remove sidekicks from the mp #innaughtydogwetrust

+ iCELER_ on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:43 am said:

Take your time, we will wait!

+ kratos1984 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:44 am said:

My boy Colin M is always right!

+ GodlessChaos on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:47 am said:

Colin was right….dammit Neil.

+ Bogle1988 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:49 am said:

Forgive me Colin for ever doubting you.

+ loadstone007 on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:51 am said:

No worries – take your time. I’ll even wait an extra year if needed!
I do, however, like the new date – my birthday :)

+ paulogy on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:57 am said:

See you in April!

Perhaps to tide us over you’ll open up another U4 Multiplayer beta? ;-)

+ Rezznak on December 23rd, 2015 at 7:59 am said:

That’s fine, because Alienation comes out the 23 of March. RIGHT SCEE?!!! CAN YOU GIVE US A U.S. PREORDER OPTION FOR ALIENATION ALREADY?!

+ Ed_Pevens on December 23rd, 2015 at 8:11 am said:

No problems guys, take your time to give us the ultimate Uncharted experience since it’s the last!

+ saab01 on December 23rd, 2015 at 8:11 am said:

Just to let you know most of the beta was all bugs grenades not throwing where they should guns misfiring. Don’t really care that the game is more delayed since tons of games that recentky came out that I’m still playing.

+ roadster360 on December 23rd, 2015 at 8:14 am said:

Then consider this option. Once the game gone gold, release the digital version earlier than the physical disc.

you guys should be able to release it at least 2weeks earlier

+ Seluhir on December 23rd, 2015 at 11:49 am said:

The industry is still in such a place that publishers can’t afford to piss off the retail outlets.

+ calderock on December 23rd, 2015 at 8:14 am said:

this game is gonna be LEGEN…. wait till april 26th for it… DARY!!!…. LEGENDARY

+ KFos46 on December 23rd, 2015 at 8:17 am said:

No one remembers down the road if a game was delayed to make it better.
However, everyone remembers if it was released too early and wasn’t right.

Make it the best it can be, I’d rather wait a bit longer and play a great game than to have it sooner and it not be so good.

+ Enigma777 on January 5th, 2016 at 10:32 am said:

To quote one Shigeru Miyamoto: “A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad,”

+ Bellalara on December 23rd, 2015 at 8:18 am said:

Please take your time Naughty Gods we all trust you :)

+ snakeeyes211 on December 23rd, 2015 at 8:19 am said:

Well I guess in behalf of 90% of the people that don’t come to this website and own the PlayStation 4 we are deeply saddened by this news of a second delay especially after being on stage telling everyone that there wouldn’t be one

PAGE 1 2 3 4