Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Jan 05

Amplitude

PlayStation Store Update

Amplitude

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by on Jan 05, 2016 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Store Logo

Platform Product New Price Original Price
PS3 NASCAR ’15 Victory Edition $9.99 $19.99

Follow PlayStation Music on Spotify
For more new movies and TV shows visit PlayStation Video
PS4 Add-ons

Just Cause 3

• Capstone Bloodhound RPG ($2.49)
  • Combat Buggy ($1.99)
  • Final Argument Sniper Rifle ($2.49)
  • Mini-gun Racing Boat ($1.99)
  • Rocket Launcher Sports Car ($1.99)

Rocksmith 2014

• Asia – Heat of the Moment ($2.99)
  • Semisonic – Closing Time ($2.99)
  • Wild Cherry – Play That Funky Music ($2.99)
  • Wolfmother – Woman ($2.99)
PS3 Add-ons

Rocksmith 2014

• Asia – Heat of the Moment ($2.99)
  • Semisonic – Closing Time ($2.99)
  • Wild Cherry – Play That Funky Music ($2.99)
  • Wolfmother – Woman ($2.99)

The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel

• Alisa’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Crow’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Elliot’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Emma’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Fie’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Gaius’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Jusis’ Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Laura’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Machia’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Millium’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Rean’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
PS Vita Add-ons

The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel

• Alisa’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Crow’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Elliot’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Emma’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Fie’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Gaius’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Jusis’ Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Laura’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Machia’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Millium’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
  • Rean’s Casual Clothes ($1.99)
Themes
PS4 Weird Avatar $0.99

110 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Ftwrthtx on January 5th, 2016 at 2:11 pm said:

Happy New Year!

+ hundreddollarsox on January 5th, 2016 at 3:18 pm said:

Are you effing kidding me? This is what’s on sale for the ps4 this week?

“Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition & Back To Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle”

This is the garbage i’m talking about. I’ll bet game stop, amazon, best buy, walmart, target…almost anywhere in theworld are having better sales than this. SONY, what are you guys doing???

C’mon, it’s 2016…you have to do better than this.

+ Milanzzo on January 6th, 2016 at 7:04 am said:

Exactly same thoughts as @hundreddollarsox…

This is how you start 2016? Well, Happy New Year too :P

+ Korahn27 on January 6th, 2016 at 11:19 am said:

@hundreddollarsox

I was also hoping for at least a Flash Sale over New Year’s weekend, but nada. at least Amplitude is finally out.

+ AmaterasuOkami1 on January 5th, 2016 at 2:15 pm said:

When are the other PS2 games coming? I know January is a pretty dry month for games, but I was hoping to see Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits come to PS4 today. When will that be release? It was one of the only Christmas wishes I made that didn’t come true. :(

+ gameman15 on January 5th, 2016 at 2:26 pm said:

Probably never. You see, this is why Sony (instead of forcing us to rebuy the PS2 games that we may have already own) should add the option to let us play PS2 game discs (and for those telling me that Sony has to make compatibility of PS2 games on PS4 perfect, you need to realize that backwards compatibility doesn’t have to be perfect. All that matters is as long as the games are at least playable, then it should be fine.) and let those who have already bought the digital versions of PS2 games on the PS3 download the PS4 versions of those PS2 games either for free or for a small fee of at least a dollar or two. They should also do the same thing for PS1 games as well.

+ cohenc2 on January 5th, 2016 at 2:40 pm said:

@ gameman15 why sony needs to do this? do you tell your game shop to give you a xbox/pc/wii ver of a game you buy there just because you have the PS4 ver???
    do you tell the cinema studios to give you a bluray copy of a movie you bought on VHS? why not you bought it already?!

stop complaining and play the ver you bought for the console you bought!

+ fribee on January 5th, 2016 at 2:49 pm said:

@gameman15, so you’re saying you have the PS2 discs but don’t have a PS2 console to play them on, or are you saying that you want to play them on a higher quality without spending the money? Either way, it would cost Sony a ton of money to make it so you don’t have to spend a dime.

I own a lot of PS1 classics digitally, I have my original PS1 and PS2 discs from when they were new, and you know what I’m doing? I’m playing the games I love on their native console, and buying my favorites on the PS4 (so far it’s been Vice City, and FF7) because they’re worth it.

Have you thought about the price tag for Sony? Licenses, servers, compatibility issues. You say “it doesn’t need to be perfect”, but I positive that if it wasn’t perfect, you’d complain, that if they let you play your ps2 discs on the ps4, you’d complain that it didn’t have all the new features of the ps4 version, or you’d complain that the games available to disc play didn’t include every single obscure game. If you wanna be cheap, then just admit it rather than making Sony look like a villain because they don’t let you play two generation old games.

+ gameman15 on January 5th, 2016 at 3:01 pm said:

@ coherc2 I don’t think you’re getting the point. And no, I don’t tell movie studios and game stores that. Movies I can understand since future home media releases of movies may add more extra stuff that adds more value to them (and that’s not counting the resolution and surround sound upgrades). Different versions of games on Nintendo and Microsoft platforms I can understand since if you already own it on PS4, you still have to pay full price for the Wii U/Xbox One versions since they are licensed by different 1st-party companies. PS2 games on PS4 are on the other hand are nothing more than just emulated versions that adds nothing special at all (not counting the 1080p/60fps resolution, trophies, etc.). Therefore, if you already own the original PS2 disc or the digital version on PS3, there’s no point in buying it again on PS4.

+ SilentNova on January 5th, 2016 at 3:04 pm said:

I thought King of Fighters 2000 was going to be today since that is one of the titles coming and I would love King of Fighters Orochi Saga. Especially with King of Fighters XIV. I also have no problem buying it again as I have a BC PS3, but you cannot use the Arcade Stick on PS3 to play physical disc based PS2 games.

I would love for them to add all the SNK games like those. Samurai Shodown Anthology, Fatal Fury Classics Collection 1 and 2, Art of Fighting Collection, King of Fighters XI, and so on.

Would also be excited to get Arcana Heart, Guilty Gear X, Guilty Gear Isuka, Soulcalibur 3, Tekken 4 and 5, the Capcom Essientals Collection, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology and Streer Fighter Anniversary Collection.

PS4 already has a bunch of fighters, but I still want more.

+ TidusBlitz on January 5th, 2016 at 6:49 pm said:

@gameman15

No one is “forcing” you to rebuy the PS2 games on PS4. If you want to play your PS2 games, then drag out your PS2 console and play them. Sony isn’t obligated to make games from 2 generations ago work natively on your current gen console. They tried to put the PS2 into the PS3 and I’m sure you remember how expensive that system was at launch.

I personally have repurchased the PS2 GTA games for PS4 as I want to collect the trophies. Each game they rerelease for PS4 from the PS2 catalogue takes work to make it run. I understand in your opinion, “there’s no point in buying them again on PS4” but that’s just not true for everyone.

+ Boxster17 on January 5th, 2016 at 7:52 pm said:

@gameman15 – You go on to say there’s nothing special about the PS2 games made for PS4, yet all of your exceptions are what make it special to play on the PS4. You’re ignoring all the stuff that they invested money in, and many of these things are what made people consider it a worthwhile purchase.

The fact that you go to compare them, and then don’t count things like 1080p graphics, 60fps, trophy support, broadcast support, etc is ridiculous, especially when followed up with a “therefore”. I’m not sure what you expected they add, in order to help justify what they’re charging for them?

If you don’t want that stuff then just play your original copies on your PS2. Otherwise Amazon sells the PS2 for 60 bucks, so if you’re so keen on not spending the money on these versions, maybe invest in the console that they were actually made for.

+ Crazysoulman on January 5th, 2016 at 2:17 pm said:

Sweet games I don’t have anymore 2016 off to a great start! Piaystation u rule plus rocks!

+ SlyCooperFan100 on January 5th, 2016 at 2:19 pm said:

You guys have no idea how pumped I am that Hardware Rivals is available through Plus. Thank you so much, can’t wait to get it!

+ Vyprstryke on January 5th, 2016 at 2:22 pm said:

Rebel Galaxy!!! Also stoked for.Hardware Rivals but man Rebel Galaxy sounds cool as eff!

+ Jmes99 on January 5th, 2016 at 2:22 pm said:

NHL Avatars! Thank-you! Great way to start 2016. Hopefully PS4 NHL themes aren’t far behind.

+ Embytron on January 5th, 2016 at 2:49 pm said:

There have been themes for every NHL team since like July-ish

+ Jmes99 on January 5th, 2016 at 3:32 pm said:

Thank-you sir, I missed that update.

+ Phoenix9889 on January 5th, 2016 at 2:25 pm said:

Happy New Year Everyone.

3 games on sales kinda sucks but oh well having fun playing older games recently thanks to previous sales.

+ elscarface on January 5th, 2016 at 2:27 pm said:

Nothing for me this week. Still playing fallout 4 and Assassins creed syndicate

+ RoII_chan on January 5th, 2016 at 2:31 pm said:

Happy new year! =)

+ TwinDad on January 5th, 2016 at 2:31 pm said:

Cool, the Beatles.

+ SikoSn1P4 on January 5th, 2016 at 2:32 pm said:

Nothing for me this week. I hope more PS2 games are coming to the PS4, *Cough* FF12 * Cough* . Oh and Azure Dreams for my VIta! VIta needs more love, come on sony ge on it!

+ x_kr3w25_x on January 5th, 2016 at 3:37 pm said:

YES!!!! I’m anxiously waiting on Final Fantasy XII too! XD

+ AshesintheFalls on January 7th, 2016 at 5:43 pm said:

Ah, holy crap! Someone who remembers Azure Dreams! If they release it for the VITA I’d be happy as heck. I’m already happy that Okage: Shadow King is coming to PS4.

+ Le_Mental on January 5th, 2016 at 2:39 pm said:

I have suggestions for your first AAA free PS+ game since launch: Dragon Age: Inquisition, Shadow of Mordor, and if they are both rejected: Resident Evil.

+ Heavyman99 on January 5th, 2016 at 3:19 pm said:

I’d like Resident Evil if only because I have the other two.

+ Mickuchiha on January 5th, 2016 at 3:53 pm said:

Dude, you are making this troll WAAY too obvious

+ skiernan on January 5th, 2016 at 3:55 pm said:

PlayStation Plus got Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition in December 2014, but yeah, that’s the only AAA full game for PS4 so far. PS+ used to give AAA games for PS3 that were only a year old like Tomb Raider and BioShock Infinite. The PS4 has now been out for over two years. I think we all assumed we would have received a launch game like Knack or Killzone Shadow Fall by now.

+ Le_Mental on January 5th, 2016 at 7:20 pm said:

@skiernan That’s it!! You understand my point! Gods Among Us, ok we can count that even it’s a fighting game. ;-) But I’m thinking exactly like you, and the suggestions I gave are all one year old, so… I don’t understand why we only get 10-20$ titles. I think I will unsuscribe, I don’t mind the multiplayer.

+ Le_Mental on January 5th, 2016 at 7:21 pm said:

@skiernan Borderlands 2 and Dragon’s Dogma too.

+ skiernan on January 6th, 2016 at 3:31 am said:

Yeah, Injustice Ultimate Edition was only a year old when PS+ had it. But at this point, I’d be happy with any PS4 game that you can actually find on a store shelf. This year Xbox One has been getting 2013/early 2014 full retail games like Assassin’s Creed IV, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Rayman Origins, and now Thief.

If an indie like Hardware: Rivals costs $20, then why not give us a AAA that was once $60 but is now $20, like Infamous Second Son, Battlefield 4, Far Cry 4

+ Le_Mental on January 6th, 2016 at 4:55 am said:

That’s it!

+ skiernan on January 6th, 2016 at 4:58 am said:

Or Watch Dogs, Need for Speed Rivals, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, or LittleBigPlanet 3? If an older AAA sells for the same price as a new indie, then the cost to Sony should be the same. And it would get all of us PS+ subscribers to stop complaining about yet another month of only indies for the PS4. It sounds like a win-win to me.

+ Le_Mental on January 6th, 2016 at 4:14 pm said:

I only named these three specific games because they are games I haven’t played. :P

+ Hayades on January 5th, 2016 at 2:39 pm said:

Any word on when Arc the lad: twilight of spirits is coming? I was hoping to get it today.

+ juuichi-11 on January 5th, 2016 at 2:44 pm said:

as a Vita Owner, can I call Weekly Deals… Weekly Deals? :)

+ OldMovieCowboy on January 5th, 2016 at 2:53 pm said:

Almost no sales this week :(

+ skiernan on January 5th, 2016 at 4:07 pm said:

I believe the pun you were going for was “Weakly Deals”? But PSN has had big sales every week since Black Friday, so I understand this being a slow week for sales. My wallet was begging for mercy.

+ Heavyman99 on January 5th, 2016 at 2:56 pm said:

I’m so glad I waited … for nothing. :C

+ Psikorps on January 5th, 2016 at 2:59 pm said:

PSN goes down for a day the first week of the new year, first store update of the year and we see poor sales and weak PS+ offerings, way to start 2016 with a bang SCEA…

Oh wait…

Forgot where I was for a second there…

All Hail Sony, the almighty omnipotent ruler of gaming. we are humbled by the glorious bounty of gaming goodness you have graciously provided with the PlayStation Plus titles, and your generosity of allowing PlayStation Plus subscribers to save a few bucks on the crème de la crème of Indie titles!

Thou art truly great!

Oh and happy 2016! Can’t wait till PlayStation VR is released!
I’ll start taking bets in June (after E3) on how long it takes for Sony to abandon software development for that hardware.

+ TimMalouff on January 5th, 2016 at 3:08 pm said:

How about a guess for how long until VR becomes a legacy system like the Vita?

+ Psikorps on January 5th, 2016 at 3:23 pm said:

@TimMalouff – If I had to guess, Feb 2019. Start of new fiscal quarter for that year, if sales are not phenomenal from launch and steady or solid all the way through, which they wont be as the PS VR is going to be the most expensive “peripheral accessory” Sony has ever released *not counting 3D TV’s* (it requires a PS4, but will have a price point within a consoles range). SCE will abandon software development, it will retain third party support only and Andrew House will call it a Legacy Platform at that years Investors Relations Day.

+ MAUSZX on January 5th, 2016 at 3:23 pm said:

Wait, are you telling me that even after the black friday sale, the holiday sale and the last flash sale, you still want to have big sales? Because we didn’t spend enough money….. Come on.

+ hundreddollarsox on January 5th, 2016 at 3:42 pm said:

@+ MAUSZX,

I dont think the DEC sales were all that great. I spent more on STEAM than I did on PSN. I probably spent close to 200 dollars for like 22 games on STEAM because they were just too good to pass up and i spent maybe about 60 bucks for 2 games at the PSN store.

I even have a Sony credit card that rewards for for each purchase I make, and even that wasn’t incentive enough to have me buy much. I’m sorry but the sales on psn really sucked and the sales right now really suck.

+ alestrada0 on January 5th, 2016 at 3:00 pm said:

Oficially this is the worts Sale week of the year :P

+ TimMalouff on January 5th, 2016 at 3:05 pm said:

I agree.
    Sony sure spoiled us with sales this first week of January.

Hopefully this month’s flash Sale will make up for it.

You would of thought we would of seen something for MM’s 10th Birthday.

+ Mickuchiha on January 5th, 2016 at 3:55 pm said:

Well, it is the worst and the best at the same time tho

+ COD_WAW_rules on January 5th, 2016 at 3:07 pm said:

I have a couple of requests:

1. Please make PS2 games on PS4 cross-buy ($5 discount for Platinum trophy PS2 games) with PS2 classics on PS3, that is unfair & a big slap to the face to PS3 owners who bought those games as PS2 classics

2. Please release the PS2 version of Donald Duck Goin Quackers as a PS2 game on PS4 and/or PS2 classic on PS3, as well as Haunting Ground & Sonic Heroes.

3. Please release the PSone game Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness on the Playstation Store, that game is listed on the ESRB website for PS3 and Vita.

4. Please work extremely 100% close with Square Enix’s USA division & release the PSone game Pandemonium 2 as a PSone classic on the PlayStation Store.

5. Please make the Dualshock 4 100% compatible with the PS3 (meaning making the PS button, rumble, & Sixaxis controls work)

6. please release a 1TB super slim PS3 and discontinue the 500GB model, 500GB is not enough storage for games like Yakuza 5.

Thanks

+ gameman15 on January 5th, 2016 at 4:30 pm said:

@ COD_WAW_rules I have to agree with request #1 (even tough you forgot to add that Sony needs to add compatibility with the original PS2 discs as well as PS1 games (both on the original discs and the digital versions) on the PS4 as well). It is unfair and a big slap to face to those who have digital versions of PS2 games on PS3.

+ BeerManMike on January 5th, 2016 at 3:07 pm said:

Happy New Year, here is a bare bones update for everyone! Welcome to the PSN and PSPlus everyone! enjoy the nothing we have to offer after the PSN was down all day.

+ Dragonchasers on January 5th, 2016 at 3:10 pm said:

The “See this month’s full PS Plus lineup” link is horribly broken…

+ NekoRave on January 5th, 2016 at 3:20 pm said:

4 games on sale
1 price drop
no drop blogs for the past 2 weeks
no ps2 classics in half a month.

gg

lol

+ hundreddollarsox on January 5th, 2016 at 3:24 pm said:

GARBAGE

+ NekoRave on January 5th, 2016 at 3:26 pm said:

Its worse than Garbage, its Cabbage.

+ X-Warlock on January 5th, 2016 at 3:26 pm said:

So… Where are the sales? I mean come on, this is kind of pathetic. And what the hell is with charging $90CAD for Bioshock Infinite Ultimate Ed on PS3??! Are you guys on crack or just stupid? You can buy the game and season pass for $60CAD on PSN so where the hell do you get off gouging the extra $30?

Between this kind of crap, the PSN outage again yesterday, and the lame PS+ games we have been getting for 2 years now (with some small exceptions) when compared to what Xbox is (and has been) offering (the first person to argue that they are free will get a much needed math lesson!) I think I’m finished with Sony. My PS+ sub can run out, my PS4 can gather dust… I’m done. I cannot justify continuing to dump good money into a platform that Sony has clearly lost the beat on. You guys were once great, not so much any more.

+ NekoRave on January 5th, 2016 at 3:29 pm said:

Greed is corruption

Each platform is bad, gaming is bad, thanks to the majority of gamers that say “stop being mad at sony, I love sony”

This industry needs a crash.

+ tendon320 on January 5th, 2016 at 5:46 pm said:

I disagree. Sony is great and has been since playstation 1. Also, I sincerely tire of people saying bad things about Sony because of a minor outage. Does anyone remember when people trash talked Sony because of the PS3 launch and everyone talked highly of xbox 360? Then PS3 released some amazing titles and actually published some of the best games of this past console generation. Then the PS4 came out and a lot of people didn’t like the xbox one so everyone got PS4. Now you’re complaining because of a minor outage that sony was actually very quick to fix? Also, this new service to stream older games seems ot be for convenience. Some people may not mind paying the fee to be able to have everything on their PS4. If you have an issue with it, simply dust off your PS3 and play your old library. I will continue playing my PS4 since I am mostly interested in playing current gen titles such as Batman: Arkham Knight and Destiny.

+ Sereal_Killer on January 5th, 2016 at 3:27 pm said:

Gona keep asking for you guys to look into treasures of Montezuma 4 because me and some others cant buy it. Durring check out it will give a transaction error or an error code on ps4. It made me lose out on sales because i couldnt figure out it was preventing me from buying everything. And my gf really wants this game. I don’t know if others have been able to buy it. But i downloaded the demo first. It gives the error trying ti buy any version as i tried on ps3 4 vita, pc and Mobil store. And the helpdesk couldn’t solve it either.

+ SilentNova on January 5th, 2016 at 3:28 pm said:

I was actually playing online yesterday. This week tends to be bad as few titles get released early January. Though this going to be a game filled year. Resident Evil Zero the 19th and physical gives you Zero + 1, Nitro+ Blasterz Heriones Infinite Duel the 26th, I have Mighty No. 9 coming early February, Street Fighter V the following week, Ratchet and Clank soon after, Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelate-, Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, Gran Tourismo Sport, King of Fighters XIV, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, and I am going to stop now. A lot of games coming this year.

+ Fin1drful on January 5th, 2016 at 4:43 pm said:

Dark Souls 3 & No Mans Sky!!!!

+ x_kr3w25_x on January 5th, 2016 at 3:32 pm said:

Come on Sony! Stop teasing! lol
I’ve been checking the playstation blog almost everyday in anticipation of MORE PS2 games making their way to PS4.
I have already bought a couple of the games already available but there are so many more that I wouldn’t mind paying for the digital copy to relive past memories!
Some of these being Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, Final Fantasy XII, Star Wars Battlefront 2, “Tales of” games and I know many more agree with these as well as the SOCOM & Dragonball games that I saw endless comments on in the December 4th post.
Still waiting patiently….
Thanks for your hard work Sony!

+ SilentNova on January 5th, 2016 at 3:37 pm said:

Well King of Fighters 2000 was already listed as coming. Thought for sure it would be this week. Guess that will be next week.

+ Sam_Xala on January 5th, 2016 at 3:35 pm said:

Holy cow… that’s an awful sale

+ pickled_beet on January 5th, 2016 at 3:44 pm said:

Games this month suck. Also, wasn’t Grim Fandango free already? Are we running out of games that bad to where we have to repeat?

+ SilentNova on January 5th, 2016 at 3:50 pm said:

Grim Fandango was not on Playstation before the PS4 and Vita and no was not on Plus. Only “repeat” so far was Trine 2 which had been offered on PS3 and then again on PS4 later. People had a fit.

Same thing would happen say if they gave away Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and Sleeping Dogs for PS4 as they have already been given once.

+ modernwarfare7 on January 5th, 2016 at 3:44 pm said:

And this now seals the deal. Im selling my ps4 and going back to Xbox. Cant deal with all this going on with sony. I said I will give them to the first store update of the year.I have over $2500 worth of digital downloaded games that I cant play. And they want me to pay again to play games I already own. Too much. I would rather give microsoft my money at this point.

+ Fin1drful on January 5th, 2016 at 4:45 pm said:

SeeYa!!!

+ doutee on January 5th, 2016 at 3:52 pm said:

Yeah NHL Avatars!!!

+ solace357 on January 5th, 2016 at 4:07 pm said:

daaaaat Amplitude.
Glad Freq mode is included!
Def gonna stream later! #PlayStationMVP

+ JAMccaughran on January 5th, 2016 at 4:07 pm said:

To say this week’s deals are disappointing would be the understatement of the century!

+ ElektroDragon on January 5th, 2016 at 4:11 pm said:

Well its official, they’ve stopped trying.

+ OttoRocket99 on January 5th, 2016 at 4:12 pm said:

BOO! Usually I already have the game I like or I can see the deals for others, but not this week. Fingers crossed for next week.

+ ClinToN on January 5th, 2016 at 4:14 pm said:

Well I’m about done ready comments on this blog. Some of the behavior/reactions are just disgusting to childish.

+ SilentNova on January 5th, 2016 at 4:16 pm said:

I do not blame you. I should stop reading past the initial article of the post.

+ jerk_man on January 5th, 2016 at 4:40 pm said:

It seems “gamers” have become very entitled nowadays. It’s that new generation.

+ hundreddollarsox on January 5th, 2016 at 8:23 pm said:

CYA

+ stlthriot on January 5th, 2016 at 4:30 pm said:

What’s the process for getting Amplitude if you were part of the Kickstarter? :)

+ Thillhouse on January 5th, 2016 at 5:20 pm said:

Ignoring all of the emails Harmonix has sent you is probably not the route to take.

+ elchorno on January 7th, 2016 at 9:32 pm said:

Log into your Backerkit account and you’ll be able to access your redemption code for Amplitude. I didn’t receive an email from Harmonix/Kickstarter, but I did find an FAQ on the Kickstarter page that pointed me in the right direction.

+ saab01 on January 5th, 2016 at 5:15 pm said:

Not a fan of this months games for PS plus. Will we ever get something worthwhile???

+ Splodem on January 5th, 2016 at 5:16 pm said:

Seriously? Oh well. Here’s some games I’d like to see hit the store eventually. All ps1 classics:

Saga frontier 1 and 2
Einhander
Vandal hearts 1 and 2
Brigandine
Die hard trilogy
Diablo
Jade cocoon

+ Tjoeb123 on January 5th, 2016 at 5:41 pm said:

Am I the only one here who cares about the Trails of Cold Steel costumes and/or doesn’t give a FLYING <> about whether a sale is bad or not?

+ Tatanka2007 on January 5th, 2016 at 7:01 pm said:

You might be, but what matters is that you apparently like Trails of Cold Steel. I got the LE edition on sale over the holidays. Very pleasantly surprised. It reminds me of what I really like about the Tales series with some inspiration from Persona 4.

+ avatarguy on January 5th, 2016 at 5:51 pm said:

When will the pre order for digimon cyber sleuth be put on the PlayStation store?

+ Ghost-Division on January 5th, 2016 at 8:07 pm said:

Never.

+ Ghost-Division on January 5th, 2016 at 8:07 pm said:

It’s already there.

+ lxcainxl on January 5th, 2016 at 6:19 pm said:

Sony,

You just don’t get it, do you?

All sorts of Downloadable and Physical storefronts have better deals than you. Last I checked. . . all of them do.

Rather than buy a bunch of things from you this past month, I spent money elsewhere. That’s right, you get nothing from those sales. Other people got that money.

Good thing you have TV’s and Bluray players to keep you afloat, right?

¯\_( シ )_/¯

+ hundreddollarsox on January 5th, 2016 at 8:28 pm said:

EXACTLY. VERY WELL WRITTEN. The only thing keeping SONY afloat is their games division.
    Staying on this course doesn’t bode well for them at all. Not when they have some serious competition,
    especially from Valve. I mean, seriously, STEAM’S sales are killing it right now.
    They really know how to make their consumer’s happy, and SONY needs to take some notes
    out Valve’s playbook.

+ Casstorm on January 5th, 2016 at 6:25 pm said:

I don’t understand you lot who go after the people who ask for more from Sony. It’s always better to have more choices, more freedom and more advancement. It’s not going to take anything away from existing features and it’s not going to hurt you in anyway. So stop trying to defend a corporate giant. Sony really doesn’t need your help. They are going to do whatever they want to do anyway.

+ Tjoeb123 on January 5th, 2016 at 6:55 pm said:

I also don’t understand why people have to criticize them every time the word “sale” is mentioned in these update posts.

We just got through a whole month full of ’em. Play the games you got from that instead!

+ Vask on January 5th, 2016 at 6:42 pm said:

well just when i was actually looking forward to what sony would have on sale i see this =/

guess the sony store will just fade back into obscurity for me.

+ Tatanka2007 on January 5th, 2016 at 6:56 pm said:

I didn’t expect to see an awesome sale week after the holiday deals. I guess I can’t be disappointed, especially since those other consoles got so much…the same lol. Yet it would been kinda nice to start the New Year with something promising. It would have great to have had at least one something special on sale. This sale seems only to exist so that it can be said something’s on sale….

+ SilentNova on January 5th, 2016 at 8:17 pm said:

I always think of the first official week like the year like the wallet resting period. I could use a couple of those this year actually. So many different types of games are coming out this year and on multiple platforms. PS4 will be housing most of them, but this year has its own library coming out.

+ ravens52hof on January 6th, 2016 at 6:35 am said:

Personally, I’m glad for a week off from sales after I bought at least 1 game every week of the holiday sale. I need a break every once in a while and I expected as much since there were several similar weeks in a row around the turn of 2015. Similarly, I wasn’t surprised that the November and December flash sales were the same bad deals on recent AAAs 2 months in a row since that was the case in 2014 as well. If history’s any guide, there will be a big 2016 themed sale very soon.

+ morhinapg on January 5th, 2016 at 10:28 pm said:

Can you please stop only posting the PS4 plus games on these updates? Why release PS3 and Vita games on plus if you’re going to ignore them here. I shouldn’t have to visit another post or look at the store itself to figure out what they are. These posts are supposed to be about telling us EVERYTHING that was released this week.

+ skiernan on January 6th, 2016 at 5:52 am said:

I agree.
    1. It makes it look like PlayStation Plus now only gives 2 free games a month when it still gives 6 as usual.
    2. The PS3 games are usually the best ones in the lineup. Why would you hide them?
    3. It makes it look like you no longer care about PS3 or PS Vita. (Unfortunately for Vita, that’s probably true.)
    4. Most importantly, the link for “See this month’s full PS Plus lineup” DOESN’T WORK.

+ ReptileHand on January 5th, 2016 at 10:51 pm said:

I bought my brother Fallout 4 for his Xbox for christmas and I totally regret not getting it for myself!

He’s always like “Andy come look , I got this new gun!”

Then I’m like , “you just showed me something 10 minutes ago!!”

Nothing for me but the Plus games this week. I’m sure everyone’s had their fill of games with 4 WEEKS OF CONSTANT SALES.

oh and………….. CHRISTMAS GAMES. If you don’t have any of the numerous 2015 titles to hold you over for at least a month, then what do you have a PS4 for???? Arkham Knight and GTA were on sale! Everything else too! I’m loving GTA so far.

+ EvilJerk on January 5th, 2016 at 11:02 pm said:

Is it not possible to buy the Amplitude OS Theme or is it just me?

+ SpooNManX on January 6th, 2016 at 12:56 am said:

Is it me or does Sony seem to be downplaying the monthly free game line-ups lately?
Not only do they no longer show the full line-up of the free games, but the link is DEAD’!

This link:
“See this month’s full PS Plus lineup” brings you to a big old 404 screen. No fun!

+ ro_costa72 on January 6th, 2016 at 5:13 am said:

That must be a joke, you can’t go from having many games on sale to nothing, ps now is crap and why there are no PS4 game yet?? It’s 2016 console was launched in 2013, all launch title should be there!!!
Not talking about free games, you’re milking too much PS4 and Vita users. Since i don’t play online the last renewal was my last one. Won’t buy any game anymore and switch back to Xbox asap!!
Really guys, how can’t you not see that you’re losing business, you have to be more active and give benefits to loyal users, we still have an option to leave you as exclusives are crap these days!!

+ PCorLeonis on January 6th, 2016 at 8:03 am said:

Well that does it. Honestly, one of the lamest Playstation store update, there are virtually NO deals whatsoever and a very poor choice of free games. If this goes on, and it probably will, I will NOT renew my PS Plus subscription this year, it’s not worth it, PS4 titles are overpriced, PS Plus subscription hasnt been useful to me for the last 6 months. I also own a PC, with FREE multiplayer access. Get real Sony.

PAGE 1 2