PlayStation Vue

Jan 05

24179954945_03d7f79a0e_z

Seven Things Not to Miss in Zen’s Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens Pack

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar Posted by on Jan 05, 2016 // Community Manager, Zen Studios

Zen Studios is gearing up to release our awesome pinball table two pack based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. We are tremendously thrilled to be able to work with the team at Lucasfilm on this landmark occasion. We have done a lot to ensure that there will be plenty of details from the movie as well as some great homages to real-life pinball machines that fanatical pinheads will appreciate.

Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens

At Zen, we always strive to add as much detail to our tables as we can, and we’re proud to be able to continue that tradition with our latest Star Wars tables. Here are seven things you don’t want to miss in the Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens Pack:

Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens Table

1. The table’s left spiral ramp was inspired by one featured on the 1992 Data East Star Wars pinball machine.
  2. The BB-8 mini playfield went through five completely different variations before the one that made it on the table.
  3. The table designer personally performed the pinball table’s motion capture animations for Kylo Ren and Finn!

Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens

A shot pulled from the table’s mocap sessions

Star Wars Pinball: Might of the First Order

1. Some missions take place on different planets and when you start them, the entire table jumps into hyperspace!
  2. The holographic image of the Star Destroyer has some control over the table on which it appears. When it turns left or right, the planets in the background will also turn in the same direction.
  3. Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens

Close up shot of the table’s Star Destroyer hologram

4. The table’s spiral ramp was inspired by the classic Williams 1985 pinball machine ‘Comet’.
  5. The mini-playfield was crafted as a combination of the upper playfield from Stern’s 1980 table ‘Flight 2000′ and the mini-playfield of Williams’ 1954 ‘Lulu’ table.

The Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens Pack launches on January 12 on PS3, PS4, and PS Vita for $4.99. We’ll see you on the leaderboards!

+ FeistFan on January 5th, 2016 at 9:48 am said:

Wish you had a video clip here to go with the screen shots. Awesome movie, and your tables are always awesome, and I appreciate the cross- buy support within the Playstation family (wish it worked for my Android phone, too, but I understand there are limits).

Looking forward to trying this out. Thank you *SO* much for including pricing information – you’d be amazed how many posts a week before a game releases leave out the price information.

+ GunnerFCm on January 5th, 2016 at 10:00 am said:

Amazing. Star Wars and Zen Pinball are now irrevocably linked in my brain… As soon as I saw Force Awakens, I began to imagine the table.. Can’t wait!

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on January 5th, 2016 at 10:13 am said:

Thanks! Let us know what you think once you get a chance to play :D

+ trecemaneras on January 5th, 2016 at 10:06 am said:

#WheresRey ??

Oh, there she is!

SOLD

;-P

+ FearMonkey on January 5th, 2016 at 10:13 am said:

Sounds great. Will get.

Also, will there be a mode where I can instantly be a pinball wizard and get super high scores with no training whatsoever? :p

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on January 5th, 2016 at 10:20 am said:

Totally… just use the Force! :P

+ MARLLOW-X on January 5th, 2016 at 10:52 am said:

Awesome. Can’t wait! When can we expect a sale on the older tables? It would be a great excuse to pick up all the ones I missed. :)

+ limpumper on January 5th, 2016 at 10:56 am said:

I have more than 40 tables and luv Zen Pinball. Of course I do have the others Star Wars Tables and I’ll have this one.
But there’s one thing I always wanted: a configuration to set the screen vertically. :/
And I prefer to play in my ps3 instead on my ps4. I feels the game more responsive and precise on PS3.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on January 5th, 2016 at 11:25 am said:

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

+ limpumper on January 5th, 2016 at 10:57 am said:

Sorry bout the English.. I’m Brazilian and Portuguese is my 1st language.

+ otaku_no_bfm on January 5th, 2016 at 12:39 pm said:

Vertical mode would be awesome, especially on Vita… I have a couple of pinball games on PSP that support it and it’s great!

+ saab01 on January 5th, 2016 at 10:59 am said:

Nice tables any news on a price? Also I heard a zen pinball 3 is in the works is that true?

What about a sale on past dlc like Ant man and the Fox 4 pack tables?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on January 5th, 2016 at 11:29 am said:

We are working on another iteration of the game, yes :)

And thanks for the suggestion!

+ GunnerFCm on January 5th, 2016 at 11:07 am said:

The price is $4.99 as listed in the last sentence of the original post… I’ll assume you were distracted by those swanky screen shots! ;)

+ JesteR1701one on January 5th, 2016 at 11:34 am said:

Really excited about this! I enjoy Star Wars Pinball a lot!

+ OnTheBus666 on January 5th, 2016 at 12:13 pm said:

Was totally just pining for this last night with my wife. We are so pumped for this! As always thank you zen studios!

+ djb5f on January 5th, 2016 at 6:08 pm said:

Is this also available for the standalone Star Wars Pinball game (PS3) like all the other Star Wars tables are? I ask because I know you still do 3 trophies per table there but have been limiting yourself to just 1 trophy per table on ZP2. Thanks!

+ medenko1975 on January 5th, 2016 at 11:40 pm said:

same as always, buy for ps3 and then import into ps4?

+ XFRod on January 5th, 2016 at 11:49 pm said:

SPOILER

I have it on good authority, who’s going to be a surprise force user in Episode VIII………..
HOWARD the DUCK
You should probably get started on that one, now. ‘enough said.

+ Welmosca on January 6th, 2016 at 10:04 am said:

Hmm…more 2 tables I won’t need to buy.So any chance of a sale on all the tables?

BTW whats up with them trophies on ZP2?….on PS3 if you go to the trophy list there are less trophies than if you see the trophy list on PS4 and I don’t mean the PS4 version….I mean if you go to see the trophy list of the PS3 version on a PS4 the list has more trophies than if you see the trophy list on the PS3….whats up with that?

+ Rivets72 on January 10th, 2016 at 1:51 am said:

Looks awesome! Can’t wait to try them out.