PlayStation Vue

Jan 06

16814329804_6d83ff1923_z

Volume Brings Stylish Stealth to PS Vita Today

Mike Bithell's Avatar Posted by on Jan 06, 2016 // Designer

Volume for PS Vita has arrived!

*exhale*

Everything from the PS4 version of Volume is now portable sized. That’s all 100 levels of the stealth action campaign, along with all curated Staff Picks and uploaded levels from the community. The game’s level editor is also packed in there with the ability to design, upload, and play your own or someone else’s levels on the go.

Volume is also cross buy, meaning if you’ve picked it up previously for PS4 (And thank you for that!) you get it on PS Vita at no extra cost. And, as an added bonus, we announced on PlayStation.Blog late last year, Volume on PlayStation will also include Volume: Coda for PlayStation VR.

Volume

Volume: Coda is an expansion campaign to the game featuring a new VR environment, new protagonist, new story, and characters from the first game viewed from a different perspective.

I also want to take a moment and thank the PlayStation community for their encouragement of Volume since launch. Both directly to us and to your friends. Your passion for PS Vita was incredibly encouraging as we worked to get that version done, and we wouldn’t have been able to make Volume: Coda without your support.

So, yeah, Volume on PS4 and PS Vita are out now and Volume: Coda for PlayStation VR will be available as a free expansion when PlayStation VR is available.

24 Comments

+ AwRy108 on January 6th, 2016 at 6:15 am said:

How in the heck do I find it in the store? It doesn’t come up in search results in either the Vita or Web-based PSN Store. Also, it doesn’t show up in my Download History (which, BTW, it a nightmare to use on the Vita).

Pretty psyched to play this on the Vita–please give us a direct link to it!

+ lilkingsly on January 6th, 2016 at 6:24 am said:

It should be up once the PS Store updates, which is usually between 3:00 and 5:00 I think. If you search for it in a couple of hours it should show up.

+ AwRy108 on January 6th, 2016 at 6:36 am said:

Guess I need to be a bit more patient (especially if I want to be good at Volume).

Thanks for the reply!

+ febwtf on January 6th, 2016 at 10:41 am said:

It’s the first item under “All PS Vita games”. On the one hand, it’s a shame it’s out now because I can’t play it (playing my PSP backlog on my Vita is my first priority, and I can’t do that on current firmware) but I’ll get it once I get through the 20 or so PSP games that aren’t licensed for Vita use.

+ Rezolution77 on January 6th, 2016 at 6:30 am said:

One I am interested in, and looking forward to, even if I have a huge backlog.

That is if Sony could learn from it, and place it at a price you developers set, without their huge markup. “Bad Octopus”

I will be waiting for a sale, unless it has a opening price like Sony did with Bastion.

We need more like that, especially for Vita.

Good Luck to you Just Add Water, you guys seriously brought life to it, with awesome games like Stranger’s Wrath and Oddworld-(PS1 classic and favorite).
BTW – Any word on the Vita version of Oddworld for Vita, I have been patiently waiting on that one.

Love you guys.

+ MARLLOW-X on January 6th, 2016 at 6:41 am said:

I picked up Volume when it was on sale last week in anticipation of this release. Thanks for supporting the Vita Mike.

Side Note: Everyone should also buy Thomas was Alone if you haven’t already. Loved that game.

+ Black_Dynamite19 on January 6th, 2016 at 6:56 am said:

Ok. So now Colin and Greg can get off your back.

Glad to see the game is on the Vita. Thank you for all of your hard work.

+ Superstone on January 6th, 2016 at 8:11 am said:

+ diamonshop on January 6th, 2016 at 8:21 am said:

Classic, pure stealth on the Vita? How could anyone refuse? :D

+ paulogy on January 6th, 2016 at 9:07 am said:

Congrats, Mike! My Vita is very glad this day has finally come, and I hope you can enjoy your new-found (relative) peace and quiet ;-)

+ Ichabod_Slipp on January 6th, 2016 at 9:41 am said:

Will it be on PSTV?

+ Losabos1 on January 6th, 2016 at 9:52 am said:

Thanks for the Vita love. I will have to wait to get home from work to get it cause if I had my vita here I wouldn’t get anything done :)

+ Welmosca on January 6th, 2016 at 10:30 am said:

Wow glad to see this game made it to the Vita gotta thank you guys for the Vita love too…although I’m not sure wheter to play it on Vita or PS4.This game looks very addicting…I’m a huge stealth lover,definitely gonna love Volume.

+ Ricen-Beans on January 6th, 2016 at 12:22 pm said:

Awesome!! I’ll finally play this game that’s been on my PS4 screen for months now.

Thanks!!

+ Kishnabe on January 6th, 2016 at 3:29 pm said:

Thanks for bringing it to the vita.

I will wait for a sale…Thomas Was alone was good fun. I expect a similar experience.

Easy plat as well.

+ bbswarrior_11 on January 6th, 2016 at 6:14 pm said:

Glad I bought it when it released. Excited to finally play it on my Vita. !!!

+ childofibiza on January 6th, 2016 at 7:02 pm said:

nice. will wait for it to go on sale for ps4 hope its cross buy

+ GooieGreen on January 6th, 2016 at 10:49 pm said:

It was on sale a week or so ago.

+ cowmamba on January 6th, 2016 at 7:28 pm said:

Great to see it’s finally here on the Vita! Thank you for not scrapping the Vita, Mike & team! Another amazing title I can’t wait to delve into, been waiting a while for this one. Looks like it’s going to be totally worth it!

+ EnobmahChoas on January 7th, 2016 at 6:46 am said:

I am a happy vita fan! :-)

Thanks for bringing this to the last gen handheld!

+ Miyagi99 on January 7th, 2016 at 8:25 am said:

Thanks for supporting the Vita! Looking forward to playing it.

+ muha_ronin on January 9th, 2016 at 8:52 am said:

Great, just another unfinished game for PS Vita.