Jan 10

Gone Home: Console Edition

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 1/12/2016

Gone Home: Console Edition

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by on Jan 10, 2016 // Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

It’s dark, lonely, and an empty house that was once familiar now feels foreign. As you wander the halls and explore each room, more of your family’s history is laid bare before you. Where is everyone, and what happened here?

The critically acclaimed, first-person story Gone Home is coming to PS4 this week. What a way to start the year!

Gone Home: Console Edition brings the beloved adventure in all its mysterious glory, with more than 90 minutes of developer commentary to sweeten the deal. If you never walked the dark halls of Gone Home, please accept a word of advice: don’t read anything else about it. The less you know before playing, the better!

But that’s only the beginning of our first new games lineup of 2016. Command a mission to Mars in the boardgame-inspired Tharsis, sneak through sand and wind in Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India, and lead your soldiers to victory in The Banner Saga.

For the full list, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

New Releases: January 12th, 2016
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (PS2)
PS4 — Digital

Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits

For years, the Humans and the Deimos have been at war in their struggle to capture the Great Spirit Stones. To the Humans, the stones represent a magical source of power and light. To the Deimos, the stones are the viable force behind their spell-casting abilities. But fate is about to place the future of both races in the hands of two men.

Arslan: The Warriors of Legend (Demo)
PS4 — Digital

Arslan The Warriors of Legend Demo
An exciting collaboration between The Heroic Legend of Arslan anime and the action-infused Warriors series. The exhilaration of plowing through large armies has been fused together with the charm and style of the world crafted in the anime.

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India
PS4 — Digital

Assassins Creed Chronicles India
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India throws you into the tension between the Sikh Empire and the East India Company in 1841. When a Master Templar arrives with a mysterious item that used to belong to the Assassin Order, Arbaaz Mir must discover why he’s come, steal back the item, and protect his friends and his lover.

The Banner Saga
PS4 — Digital

The Banner Saga
The Banner Saga is an epic role-playing game inspired by Viking legend. Hand-painted landscapes portray a world eerily suspended in perpetual twilight. Cities and towns begin to crumble into chaos. Heroes abandon their hearths and homes to traverse the snowy countryside, gaining allies along the way to help battle a strange, new threat.

PS4 — Digital (Out 1/11)

Dogchild narrates the story of the young and enigmatic Tarpak, an impulsive and brave guy with extraordinary abilities: a strong sensory union with nature and a special symbiosis with his inseparable dog, Tarao.

Gone Home: Console Edition
PS4 — Digital

Gone Home
You arrive home after a year abroad. You expect your family to greet you, but the house is empty. Something’s not right. Where is everyone? And what’s happened here? Gone home is an interactive exploration simulator. Interrogate every detail of a seemingly normal house to discover the story of the people who live there.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (Beta)
PS4 — Digital (Begins 1/14)

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2
The battle for suburbia grows to crazy new heights in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2! In this hilarious, action-packed shooter, zombie leader Dr. Zomboss has strengthened his horde and rebuilt suburbia as a zombie utopia. But hope remains, because for the first time the plants are taking the offensive in an all-out attack to reclaim their turf.

PS4 — Digital

Tharsis is a turn-based strategy game about humanity’s first mission to Mars. It’s an important mission, and not just because of its potential to greatly increase our knowledge of the red planet. No, this mission is humanity’s attempt to locate the source of a mysterious signal emanating from the red planet.

PlayStation Music Logo

• Panic! At the Disco — Death of a Bachelor
  • Tycho — Awake Remixes
  • Raury — Spotify Session

PlayStation Video Logo

• Goosebumps
  • Black Mass
  • The Last Witch Hunter

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Workaholics — Season premiere January 14 at 10/9c (Available on Comedy Central)
  • Colony — New series premiere January 14 at 10/9c (Available on USA)
  • Shameless — New season premiere January 10 at 9P ET/PT (Available on SHOWTIME)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

PAGE 1 2
Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 10th, 2016 at 9:19 am said:

We’re back! Enjoy the Drop.

+ Solid_Duff on January 10th, 2016 at 9:27 am said:

I thought I’d never see this again. Happy new year Ryan.

+ COD_WAW_rules on January 10th, 2016 at 11:59 am said:

Ryan Clements, PLEASE forward the following to the board of executives at Sony:

1. Please make PS2 games on PS4 cross-buy ($5 discount for Platinum trophy PS2 games, except GTA: San Andreas) with PS2 classics on PS3, that is unfair & a big slap to the face to PS3 owners who bought those games as PS2 classics

2. Please release the PS2 version of Donald Duck Goin Quackers as a PS2 game on PS4 and/or PS2 classic on PS3, as well as Haunting Ground & Sonic Heroes.

3. Please release the PSone game Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness on the Playstation Store, that game is listed on the ESRB website for PS3 and Vita.

4. Please work extremely 100% close with Square Enix’s USA division & release the PSone game Pandemonium 2 as a PSone classic on the PlayStation Store.

5. Please make the Dualshock 4 100% compatible with the PS3 (meaning making the PS button, rumble, & Sixaxis controls work)

6. please release a 1TB super slim PS3 and discontinue the 500GB model, 500GB is not enough storage for games like Yakuza 5.

+ Superstone on January 10th, 2016 at 2:21 pm said:

+ azimali on January 10th, 2016 at 2:54 pm said:

I thought I see at least one of these this week but perhaps next week ryan? Max Payne, Scarface , big mutha truckers , need for speed underground, sonic heros, shadow the hedgog, marvel ultimate alience, star wars ep3, driver 3, gta liberty city stories, GTA vice city stories, yakuza, shinobido the ways of the ninja, juiced.
    You guys missed out at least 2/3 weekly ps2 game for ps4 store update I thought you guys planning to give us fans something big but no just another 1 game! If I were to work in your department Ryan I would release them already. Any way please put at least one of these classic next week.

+ goose_7 on January 10th, 2016 at 3:03 pm said:

I’ll wait for Gone Home to go on sale. It isn’t a game I believe warrants $20.

If a game merits my hard earned cash or it’s something I want say one then no prob I’ll plunk down the money. Paying $20 for Gone Home regardless of whether or not is a 2-3 hour experience is irrelevant for me. I don’t think it’s $20 because it’s a 2+ year old game and should be cheaper i believe.

Sure I guess I sound entitled. Deal with it. Same thing with PS2onPS4. I will never, ever buy a PS2 game on PS4. It isn’t backwards compatibility. BC is when I can pop in my ps2 games in my ps4 ND play them free of charge or at the very least play my ps2 classics free of charge.

Anyone who disagrees with me can piss off. If MS can offer BC for their X360 games so can Sony. Massive conglomerate, I’m pretty sure they can fix it. For us gamers who have massive PS1, PS2 and PS3 libraries it’s a smack in the face not to be able to play our previously purchased games.

I still can’t believe the gall of Sony to charge us for PS2 games on PS4. Publishers gotta love this.

My rant is over.

+ TheRiff76 on January 10th, 2016 at 6:22 pm said:

Any exercise/fitness games coining out soon ?

+ pwnallofu on January 10th, 2016 at 6:53 pm said:

Greg and Colin will be pleased…….

+ Seluhir on January 10th, 2016 at 10:17 pm said:

@goose_7 the PS3 is EXTREMELY difficult to emulate(even top end modern pcs struggle emulating it), and used extremely proprietary hardware and a proprietary OS. Backwards compatibility is ACTUALLY impossible with the ps4. It is just not something that CAN happen, the device is not powerful enough to emulate it and the software is NOT COMPATIBLE. There is literally no way for them to do it short of recoding every single game(which would take years and NUMEROUS studios). I’d prefer they not invest that.

The PS3 is every bit as different from the PS4 as the Wii is from the PS3. In order for a game to work it’s not just as simple as ‘oh lets pop it in and see how it goes’, they’d basically have to recode every single game to work in the new environment.

The Xbox 360 was essentially designed to run off a modified Windows environment. Thus games on it are essentially already compatible with the XBO, Microsoft just needs to hardware test it. It’s kind of like if I load up Warcraft 2 on my new computer. It doesn’t work perfectly, but it works. You just need to then do some minor tweaks to ensure the more powerful hardware doesn’t mess up the scripting and smooth out the polish for the new graphics engine. (Cont)

+ Seluhir on January 10th, 2016 at 10:18 pm said:

(cont) As far as the PS2 stuff… as I said in a post down below, they are committing expensive development resources to adjusting the graphics, smoothing it out, and adjusting the code to work properly in the emulated engine. It’s an expensive endeavour, and thus the consumers have to pay for it. That’s the way the world works. A producer commits resources to generating a product, then consumers pay them for that. Sorry if that bothers you.

As far as Gone Home goes… that’s entirely your right. With how expensive games have become in Canada, unless a game is an ABSOLUTE must have for me, if a developer choose to bump the price to over 75 dollars, then I will not purchase it until it drops under 40. That’s my way of letting them know their price hikes are not appreciated. Since not all studios are bumping their prices up the same amount, it is clearly not JUST the exchange rate, and as such I am voting with my wallet. But I’m not going around to EVERY SINGLE POST that mentions one of those games and *****ing about it. I posted it once or twice, and now for the most part I just stay quiet and vote with my wallet.

+ CaliDro213 on January 10th, 2016 at 11:28 pm said:

Legend of Legaia NEEDS to be on the Playstation Store!! It is one of the most Unique games that I have ever seen in my life. I just feel like this game should have its life extended. The “fighting game-esque” input system is attractive for me and I would like many other people and myself to experience this in the current life time.

Thank You!

+ Gadrick on January 11th, 2016 at 8:33 am said:

If you own a lot of PS1 PS2 and PS3 games then turn on your PS1 PS2 and PS3 and play them. You bought them for that system so use them for that system. It is that simple.

+ Ennohex on January 12th, 2016 at 3:20 am said:

Not talking emulation here, but Darksiders 2 happened on PS3 first, then went to PS4 after overhaul. I bought it again, as a fan, I want to support the studio responsible. I did something similar with Saints Row 4 and Devil May Cry 4.
    So, existing PS3 ports have some good examples there.

I have a PS2 for PS2 games. That’s where they belong. HD remixes with the exception of Metal Gear Solid left me uninpressed.

+ Seluhir on January 12th, 2016 at 11:48 am said:

@Ennohex – That requires the studio to essentially recode the game from the ground up.

That’s not ‘backwards compatibility’, it’s an entirely new game. That’s why these games aren’t being given away.

But I agree, I’d be up for seeing more of that. I’d totally buy Catherine, Trails of Cold Steel, and several others again for the PS4.

+ noodles142 on January 13th, 2016 at 9:22 am said:

I don’t know if this is the right place but my Banner Saga PS4 edition has freezing and crashing issues.

+ perrandy on January 10th, 2016 at 9:24 am said:

welcome back!
rogue galaxy sale plz :P

+ Seluhir on January 10th, 2016 at 11:14 am said:

If you want something badly enough to beg for it to go on sale, why not pay full price and support the developers?

I buy things that go on sale because they weren’t things I wanted enough to pay full price for. I would never be like ‘please put this on sale’ because if I want it badly enough to ASK about it being on sale, then I want it badly enough to buy it at regular price.

+ Rezolution77 on January 10th, 2016 at 12:57 pm said:

Because that is a lie.

You aren’t supporting developers your supporting Sony Media, who by all rights care nothing about the fact you bought titles, that they unwillingly allow you to have on future consoles.

+ perrandy on January 10th, 2016 at 3:50 pm said:

i already payed full price when i bought it for my ps2 and for me 15 bucks is too much for a decade old game and i dont care about the trophies at all either.oh and i am not begging i am just asking which is different and if it worked for disgaea why asking for a sale wouldnt work for this game and others??

+ Seluhir on January 10th, 2016 at 10:04 pm said:

No, the game didn’t go on sale because people asked. It went on sale because the publisher said ‘ya know, we can generate interest and profit if we put it on sale’.

My earlier statement still applies: If you want a game enough to ask for it to go on sale, pay full price for it. If not, just be quiet and accept that you don’t really want it that much.

People these days… you are aware that the less you spend on a game, the less money the devs have to work with, so the less stuff they can create(be it new games, remasters, etc.) and the more those products are going to have to cost.

Steam has really destroyed the concept of ‘value’ for games these days… people just expect that everything can be cheaper… sigh. Makes me sad to see.

+ wvnative on January 10th, 2016 at 9:28 am said:

Only one PS2 game a week? Come on, we need to build a substantial library.

+ mannytoba on January 10th, 2016 at 9:28 am said:

+ killerlightning on January 10th, 2016 at 9:29 am said:

Agreed, but wish they lowered the price too though. Hopefully a lot will be coming.

+ Rezolution77 on January 10th, 2016 at 10:54 am said:

I wouldn’t advise digital purchases through Sony.

When the next console comes out, they will #$%^ you with lack of backwards compatibility.

+ Seluhir on January 10th, 2016 at 11:17 am said:

Remastering games takes time. Especially if they don’t want them to be buggy messes. I’d rather they keep most of trheir studios working on new games and only have a few working on the ps2 upscaling tasks, personally… so I’m happy with the pace.

+ Delegaia on January 10th, 2016 at 1:46 pm said:

Thing is, there’s nothing being remastered from these game. They are emulated. Same exact thing has if you downloaded PCSX2 and popped the disc into your DVD-Drive and played it. But you do make a fairly valid point!

+ SkydancerofChaos on January 10th, 2016 at 6:54 pm said:

Except you’re speaking from ignorance. All of these games coming out that are PS2 “emulations” are actually smoothed out a huge amount and the resolution and sound is brought up to HD spec. Have you even seen the polygon versions of characters in FFVII or how much smoother Mark of Kri looks?

People need to get off their high horse and just stop whining. I’ll gladly repurchase amazing games with updated graphics and trophy support. If you don’t want to buy them then don’t, speak with your wallet and not that abnormally wide open mouth on the internet where no one cares anyhow.

+ Seluhir on January 10th, 2016 at 10:06 pm said:

Delegaia, that’s not true.

They’re taking the game, emulating it into an upressed engine, smoothing out the graphics post-emulation, and then debugging it and adding trophies. Still a fair bit of work involved. Admittedly not as much as a full game, but still work that takes a team devoted to it.

+ killerlightning on January 10th, 2016 at 9:28 am said:

I am starting to like the PS2 games coming back with trophies and such, but I do wish overall the prices would be lower. $15 is hard to pay for such an older game, I feel it should be $10 or less for every game no matter the length. Hopefully in the future we will have some sales on them so I can grab some. Even with THQ gone, I am hoping for A Splashdown Rides Gone Wild reboot.

+ Tidushot on January 10th, 2016 at 9:28 am said:

Happy New Year Ryan and All! Looks like a great line up.

I’ll be getting Gone Home and Arc the Lad myself.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 10th, 2016 at 9:31 am said:

Happy New Year! Enjoy the games. ^_^

+ Ahkiva on January 10th, 2016 at 9:28 am said:

Awesome! Arc The Lad was a great PS2 game, looking forward to playing it again

+ killerlightning on January 10th, 2016 at 9:29 am said:

It is a great game, hopefully Grandia II comes too.

+ porhawj2014 on January 10th, 2016 at 9:30 am said:

Gone Home look good due positive reviews and it got 86 on Metacritic

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 10th, 2016 at 9:32 am said:

Gone Home is amazing. If you haven’t played it yet, play it this week!

+ Ninjajuicer71 on January 10th, 2016 at 1:54 pm said:

It’s not that amazing, maybe 2 hours of total gameplay. No horror or suspense. Id feel bad for anyone paying $20 for this.

+ Goreomedy on January 10th, 2016 at 9:43 pm said:

There’s certainly a thread of tension that runs through Gone Home as you learn about the struggles of this family and potential dangers from forces internal and external. I never felt cheated paying full price for this when it originally released, and envy those who will experience it for the first time on PS4.

+ Leone_ChrisD on January 10th, 2016 at 9:38 am said:

Give us Ape Escape 2 and 3 and Dark Cloud 2. I am dying to replay these :P

+ dbbyres on January 10th, 2016 at 9:43 am said:

Hey you forgot the new PS Vita releases this week!

+ Spectrum on January 10th, 2016 at 9:49 am said:

Awesome Update. Gonna be a few more added to the back log after this one.

+ Anddo on January 10th, 2016 at 10:09 am said:

Was interested in Tharsis, and then I saw the dice rolling… Shame :(

+ Sgt_0951 on January 10th, 2016 at 10:14 am said:

I always think of XCOM and Civilizaion when I hear turn based strategy. Does Tharsis carry any similarities? I’d love such a game on PS4.

+ Alucard-XII on January 10th, 2016 at 10:24 am said:

Please work something out for those who purchased PS2 games on PS3. We don’t want to re-pay for all those games again at full price. You could send discount codes to those who already purchased a PS2 game on PS3 whenever it gets a PS4 re-release.

Also, we need assurance that our purchases of PS1 / PS2 classics on PSN will carry over with future Playstation devices.

+ Alucard-XII on January 10th, 2016 at 10:25 am said:

Sorry pressed the wrong reply button.

+ Rezolution77 on January 10th, 2016 at 12:58 pm said:

Why stop there? PS1 and PS3 titles should be included too.

+ Alastor424 on January 10th, 2016 at 10:20 am said:

Hoping for Area 51 as a PS2 Game!

+ porhawj2014 on January 10th, 2016 at 10:42 am said:

hey Ryan, will Gone Home have platinum trophy ? i hope it have 30 trophies than 12 trophies. i love getting trophies on games i played. i am level 28 as trophy level and has about 7193 trophies now

+ dilbig5 on January 10th, 2016 at 10:55 am said:

Fellow “high” trophy level gamer. Don’t see that often in the blog

+ porhawj2014 on January 10th, 2016 at 11:05 am said:

lol i know. not alot people asking for trophies if games have platinum trophy

+ Orenn16 on January 12th, 2016 at 10:30 am said:

Right there with you! I’m level 37 and came here looking for Gone Home trophies, haha

+ death_nation100 on January 10th, 2016 at 10:43 am said:

So in order to play P VS Z GW 2 beta you have to preorder it ?

+ porhawj2014 on January 10th, 2016 at 10:51 am said:

no you don’t have to pre-order it. maybe you sign up for beta invite and see if they give you code to redeem it

+ AmaterasuOkami1 on January 10th, 2016 at 10:45 am said:

Thank you for finally releasing Arc The Lad this week! This makes me so happy!

+ AnkuUchiha on January 10th, 2016 at 10:55 am said:

Hey I thought there were 7 titles coming to ps4 for Ps2 but I only see one why is that and why don’t we see xenosaga trilogy in there yet we have over 38 million fans that wants this game u say your up for anything then get to it cause what I see right now is getting disappointing all I want for ps4/ps2 emulated is xenosaga trilogy and champions of norrath 1 or return to arms

+ dkarlowicz10 on January 10th, 2016 at 10:56 am said:

As a PS4 owner I am excited for Gone Home and to see PS2 classics on PS4 with trophy support. As a PS Vita owner, I am sad that these PS2 classics are not being released on Vita.

+ porhawj2014 on January 10th, 2016 at 11:06 am said:

yeah i hope it have platinum trophy and have 25 or more trophies for Gone Home but it cost 19.99 so it should have platinum trophy

+ AnthonM22 on January 10th, 2016 at 10:56 am said:

Thank you so much for Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits, I hope we’ll see Grandia Xtreme (PS2) on PS4 soon, and the English version of Star Ocean: Second Evolution ( its on the Japanese PSN store now ), thanks again.

+ gameman15 on January 10th, 2016 at 10:58 am said:

Oh great, another PS2 games that people (who have already own the original PS2 disc) have to repurchase on PS4. Now, before you guys give out a reply, I have something to say. I’m not angry with Sony, I’m just disappointed the PS2 compatibility on PS4 is not the one I was hoping for. Now I understand that there’s licensing issues (which I understand) and compatibility issues (which, to me, won’t be a big problem unless the game is unplayable), but I still prefer just putting the original PS2 disc into my PS4. I’m going to list down the two issues that Sony has to deal with when putting PS2 games on the PS4, and how the compatibility of the original PS2 discs might be a better solution than having to rebuy them on the PS4.

+ gameman15 on January 10th, 2016 at 11:04 am said:

(part 2)

Licensing: Now, Sony has said that not all of the PS2 games will be on the PS4, and licensing is one of the reasons why. What if the publisher refused permission? What if (in the case of movie/cartoon/etc licensed games) the publisher doesn’t have the license to the IP their game(s) is/are based on? Like take for example, The Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction (one of my favs on the PS2 that I have the original disc to) has no chance of being on the PS4 because Sierra (the publisher of the game) no longer has the Incredible Hulk license and I highly doubt they’ll have it back. Thanks Disney (sarcasm right here). Therefore, if compatibility with the original PS2 disc is implemented on the PS4, I wouldn’t have to deal with some of my favorite PS2 games not appearing on the PS4.

+ gameman15 on January 10th, 2016 at 11:12 am said:

(part 3)

Compatibility issues: Now here’s something I have no problem with as long as the game is at least playable. You see, the PS2 has compatibility issues with some PS1 games, but everyone (if not, most people) never complained about it. The PS3 has compatibility issues with some PS1 games and some PS2 games, and (other than the fact that it caused the PS3 to cost $600 at launch) no one (other than some people) complained. With PS1/PS2 compatibility issues on the PS2/PS3 is no big deal, why is it now a big deal in the case with PS4? If a computer can run the original PS1/PS2 discs through an emulator, then so can the PS4. Of course there’s gonna be compatibility issues, but all that really matters is if the games are at least playable, then it should be fine.

Which is why I was hoping that Sony will add compatibility with the original PS2 discs on the PS4 (like Microsoft is doing on the Xbox One) and have those who already own the PS2 classics on PS3 get the PS4 versions of those games for a small upgrade with (like Nintendo did with the Wii U).

+ gameman15 on January 10th, 2016 at 11:14 am said:

“Small upgrade fee”, not “small upgrade with”.

+ killerlightning on January 10th, 2016 at 11:25 am said:

I have to agree with some things you are saying, but I think the main reason for not wanting to allow PS2 discs is of course b/c of more money but also of the trophy support. I do think if you own them digitally already on PS3 you should get a free upgrade to PS4 with trophy support, etc. You also have to remember the 360 has achievements already associated with them like Xbox One, so other than an emulator they are not doing anything else, compared to what the PS2 games are doing with having to go back to the game and put trophies in and making sure they actually pop and everything. I am hoping one day for PS Plus members that instead of an indie game or something we will have a choice of a PS2 game.

+ Rezolution77 on January 10th, 2016 at 1:03 pm said:

Problem with disk owners, you can not show definite proof of ownership (with resale and copying issues), with only the disk as key.

Now if they allowed you to place the disk in, and make it playable while it is in the console, I would have to agree.

+ AizawaYuuichi on January 10th, 2016 at 4:24 pm said:

I’d like to point out that your comment “(like Microsoft is doing on the Xbox One)” is completely irrelevant in this context. Microsoft isn’t making Xbox games playable on the Xbox One. They’re making Xbox360 games playable. It’s two completely different scenarios. When Microsoft does what Sony is doing now, you get the Master Chief Collection, games from two generations ago getting touched up, adding achievements, and charging people who already own those games a hefty fee to be able to play them on the current generation. There’s no difference in what these two companies are doing.
    The actual comparison is that Microsoft is making 360 games playable on the X1, and Sony instead chose to make their PS3 games stream to the PS4, because the hardware architecture is too foreign between the consoles to emulate. And no matter how many people complain, this isn’t going to change. It’s just reality.

+ Sereal_Killer on January 10th, 2016 at 11:21 am said:

im gonna keep asking for someone to fix Treasures of montezuma 4. I cant buy it. It wont appear using the store search function on ps4. I have downloaded the demo fine but the full version gives error at checkout . I tried buying it everyway possible. Someone check it out and fix it pls. It prevented me from enjoying holdiay sale 3 as it kept crashing my purchases. But now i just want the game for me and my GF.

Support couldnt help so i think the store team needs to fix this.

+ Sc1arr1 on January 10th, 2016 at 11:40 am said:

Awesome stuff! I’m still holding out that we’ll eventually see the .Hack games come to PS4. That would totally make my year.

+ chubigans on January 10th, 2016 at 11:42 am said:

Tharsis looks cool, that came out of nowhere!

+ NMeck702 on January 10th, 2016 at 12:01 pm said:

The Banner Saga is fantastic. Do check it out if you haven’t played it already on PC.

+ JonathaIN on January 10th, 2016 at 12:03 pm said:

Are you guys realeasing PS2 Classics one by one? or in batches, when is the next one coming out

+ JUSTIN2257 on January 10th, 2016 at 12:25 pm said:

no more indies games for ps plus plz

+ killerlightning on January 10th, 2016 at 12:48 pm said:

I agree replace them with a choice of one PS2 game per month.

+ XilliaEntelexeia on January 10th, 2016 at 1:45 pm said:

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits, this game is one of the very best I have ever played, it’s so worth it to get it.
I am so thankful that Sony considered bringing it to the PS4.

+ Delegaia on January 10th, 2016 at 1:48 pm said:

Arc the Lad, one very good game from PS2. But the library if still thin. Games like both .hack series, Shadow Hearts and Xenosaga would make a really nice buff to it!

+ BladeGash on January 10th, 2016 at 5:43 pm said:

I never played .hack unfortunately. Hopefully they release them and Xenosaga. Man, too many PS2 games to release.

+ Cogatanu7 on January 10th, 2016 at 2:03 pm said:

Is there a way we can make suggestions for ps2 games we’d like to see on the ps4?

+ leoncio15 on January 10th, 2016 at 2:20 pm said:

Arslan is the whole game or only the demo? I’m confused.

+ Superstone on January 10th, 2016 at 2:22 pm said:

Make these ps2 games playable on vita too

+ juuichi-11 on January 10th, 2016 at 2:28 pm said:

It has been a great year for Vita so far. First, no Weekly Deals on the first week. Now, no drops. I’m so proud of receiving so much luv <3 – I'm sure we will see Odin Sphere demo (which has been released on jp psn) around here too.

+ Anddo on January 10th, 2016 at 3:01 pm said:

@32 This might just be the Vita’s last year of relevance. We should be used to being treated like the red headed stepchild by now :(

+ JBiRd315 on January 10th, 2016 at 3:43 pm said:

We need Haunting ground on PS4.. Its on the Japanese PlayStation store but now in the US come on sony and capcom make it happen please !!!

+ TwinDad on January 10th, 2016 at 4:08 pm said:

Very cool. Arc the Lad. I’m sure you have plans, but more PS2 games please.

Banner Saga look very interesting.

+ BladeGash on January 10th, 2016 at 5:41 pm said:

OOOOOOhhhhhhh! I loved Arc the Lad: ToS. Hopefully they keep up this good pace of releases. That and the Garden Warfare 2 Beta will be waiting for me Tuesday. Hopefully they release Dragon Quest VIII on PS2 Classics.

+ ImmortalSandwich on January 10th, 2016 at 7:35 pm said:

+ SSj4_Ryuk on January 10th, 2016 at 9:39 pm said:

No Vita release? Really? Sony, that’s pathetic…not as pathetic as December’s Vita PS+ releases but pretty close.

Do you care that it exists? That fans want games for it weekly? Can I get a refund for the money sitting in my PSN wallet at least?

+ JBiRd315 on January 10th, 2016 at 11:08 pm said:

HAUNTING GROUND FOR PS4 !!!!!! #ps2ps4

+ Staticthreat on January 10th, 2016 at 11:13 pm said:

If you enjoyed Everyone’s Gone To The Rapture you may enjoy Gone Home. Very similar style of play. I enjoyed both!

+ CaliDro213 on January 10th, 2016 at 11:29 pm said:

Thank You!

+ VinsanityV21 on January 10th, 2016 at 11:50 pm said:

Arc the Lad seems pretty interesting. I recall it being pretty “meh – you can pass it up” back in the day, but this past generation has shown that often, those titles are some real gems. Reviews told people to pass up on fantastic RPGs like Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate, Valkyria Chronicles, Folklore, Last Story and way too many more – which is balls, because those are all awesome. I wonder if Arc the Lad is actually a cult classic too? I’m looking forward to taking a look at it with some fresh eyes this week; see how it’s looking.

Any updates on Croixleur Sigma PS4? That was supposed to come out in December before the New Year, but there’s no peep from Playism. I’m assuming it failed lot check and had to go back for some bug squashing, so it could literally drop any time between now and March or so. I was looking forward to that; the original Croixleur was a pretty fun arcadey score-chasing brawler. Never picked up the Sigma version, and I’m glad I put it off since the PS4 version looks way better with even more content. Anyone know anything about that?

+ salvogdaze on January 11th, 2016 at 12:07 am said:

What an amazing week? I had my head buried so much in PC this week I had no idea some of these were coming already.

If you’re a 90s kid, do yourself a favor and grab Gone Home rightaway. Beautiful homage to the 90s and the music of the era (esp. riot grrrl). Might just replay it for the feels and the trophies :)

Also how did I miss that PvZ: GW 2 beta was starting this week?! Probably my most anticipated game this year, seriously! Will be joining that, thank you.

Banner Saga too? I don’t have the time to keep up with all this awesomeness. And isn’t The Darkest Dungeon juuuust around the corner? Some these beauties will have to wait for me to catch up but I will, eventually!

No idea about how World of Tanks plays but keep hearing how much people love it, will check it out too.

Thanks for such a great drop!

+ Knightedrik on January 11th, 2016 at 4:00 am said:

Gone Home, really.. Your comeback from your vacation, and your headliner is a 2 year old steam game.

Not bad on Arc the Lad, now how about some more ACTUAL classics.

Make trophies for PS1 titles happen. You’ve clearly given up on the PS3 anyway, what are those workers doing now.. because you haven’t had any layoffs. It’s pathetic.

+ TrueAssassin86x on January 11th, 2016 at 5:36 am said:

Just looking though these comments makes me ashamed to be a PlayStation Gamer. Anyways looking though the list it well be the second week in a row i wont buy anything. I’ll wait for a sale on Gone Home and last weeks Amplitude. Like i did with Soma and The Talos Principale. Im waiting on the assassins creed chronicles collection before i dive in to AC Chronices India. And the rest are all pass. Happy Gaming ALL (:

+ geminidarksoul0 on January 11th, 2016 at 5:46 am said:

@ryan why no ps3 games this week? Also i was hoping by now they’ll be a discount on tales of zestiria for ps3/4

I got some nice ps2 games iist i think should be out for ps4.

Star oceean til the end of time.
Dark cloud 2
Rogue galaxy
King of fighers 98/2002 ultimate match
Xenosaga 1-3

+ FR33MARK3T33R on January 11th, 2016 at 5:53 am said:

Looking forward to Banner Saga finally coming to consoles!
Will this be cross-buy with the Vita version (release TBD)? I would rather play this on Vita so I may have to wait if it isn’t cross-buy.

+ magooser on January 11th, 2016 at 6:00 am said:

Are the bloggers on here bots? They only answer generic plugs for games in response to positive comments. Never engage any commenters with good questions, and most legit concerns go unanswered.

+ Otaku_Power on January 11th, 2016 at 6:07 am said:

Banner Saga and Arc the Lad! Awesome drop, thanks :)

+ magooser on January 11th, 2016 at 6:22 am said:

Xenosaga 1-3, Dark Cloud 2, Dragon Quest VIII, Shadow Hearts Covenant. All purchases I would make immediately.

+ Hamood07 on January 11th, 2016 at 7:08 am said:

Man I was hoping Ape Escape 3 would be out this week :( , please clements I need this game next week before I get back to work and don’t have time for it

PAGE 1 2