Days Gone

Jan 12

24319856995_f99300c659_z

Crypt of the NecroDancer Hits PS4, PS Vita on February 2nd

Heather Wilson's Avatar Posted by on Jan 12, 2016 // Producer and Community Manager, Brace Yourself Games

We are very excited to bring Crypt of the NecroDancer, the award winning and critically acclaimed roguelike rhythm game to the PlayStation family! Move to the music delivering beatdowns to the beat on PS4 and PS Vita February 2nd.

Crypt of the NecroDancer turns up the volume on typical 2D dungeon crawling action by adding rhythm based movement and combat. You control main character, Cadence, as she explores each zone, picking up gear and defeating musically motivated monsters. Then unlock multiple new characters who offer different challenging modes of play.

Four unique zones featuring randomly generated levels offer exciting new gameplay experiences every time. Earn Trophies and play our Daily Challenges to test your hard-won rhythm skills. The PS4 version of the game will also support dance pad gameplay!

Crypt of the NecroDancer features cross buy support, so if you purchase it on either PS4 or PS Vita (Thank you!) you’ll get it on the other platform at no extra cost. And as an added bonus, we’ve included a new exclusive soundtrack created by Jake “Virt” Kaufman, the composer for Shovel Knight, and one additional surprise!

Crypt of the NecroDancerCrypt of the NecroDancer

Crypt of the NecroDancer will also be coming to Japan on both PS4 and PS Vita early this year. Japanese fans: stay tuned for Spike Chunsoft to announce the Japanese release date soon!

See you in the crypt!

+ Mercenary09 on January 12th, 2016 at 8:05 am said:

Another possible Plus game for February since it comes out the first Tuesday of the month. Will it have a Platinum trophy guys?

+ cmdluke on January 12th, 2016 at 9:52 am said:

My first thought as well. Platinum would be great!!

+ LeandroDiFini on January 12th, 2016 at 10:49 am said:

Looks like a Plus title for sure. Possibly for Vita.

+ GPhoenix93 on January 15th, 2016 at 3:09 am said:

Good luck actually getting the plat trophy, as only ONE PERSON IN THE WORLD has cleared all of the achievements without cheating.

+ gerneric123 on January 12th, 2016 at 8:05 am said:

Any chance of us getting that Dangan Ronpa DLC?

Heather Wilson's Avatar

+ Heather Wilson on January 12th, 2016 at 9:01 am said:

Hi gerneric123! Currently the Japanese exclusive content will be available in Japan only.

+ danjer047 on January 12th, 2016 at 8:05 am said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Vita)

(Not that I’m excited about this or anything…)

+ yujyo13 on January 12th, 2016 at 8:17 am said:

So hyped! Does the console version allow for any custom music? I totally get if the hardware doesn’t allow for it, but just curious! It’s a must-have for my Vita either way :)

Heather Wilson's Avatar

+ Heather Wilson on January 12th, 2016 at 8:56 am said:

Hi yujyo13! You’re right we weren’t able to port that feature.

+ Roaming_Ryu on January 12th, 2016 at 8:45 am said:

Will this support PSTV?

+ MisterJumpMan on January 12th, 2016 at 8:48 am said:

This is more great news. I’ve been eagerly awaiting this one! February 2nd is turning into a great day for games.

+ Kishnabe on January 12th, 2016 at 8:49 am said:

Laughed at the trailer.

This one reminds me of Orgarhythm.

Will get this for the Vita…..thanks for supporting the device. Especially when you guys brought Don’t Starve to it.

Are we getting the Vita release on the same day as the PS4 version?

Heather Wilson's Avatar

+ Heather Wilson on January 12th, 2016 at 8:57 am said:

Hi Kishnabe! The Vita will launch on the same day as the PS4. We’re also featuring cross buy!

+ OGICHI17 on January 12th, 2016 at 9:09 am said:

I will buy this day one, and after learning this past week what Coda is, if he is in this version i will finish the game with him

Heather Wilson's Avatar

+ Heather Wilson on January 12th, 2016 at 9:12 am said:

Coda is in all versions. :D She’s my favorite character!

+ DrDraco77 on January 12th, 2016 at 9:18 am said:

In the blog post, you said there is an exclusive new soundtrack. Does that mean the music in the PC version doesn’t appear in the console release?

Heather Wilson's Avatar

+ Heather Wilson on January 12th, 2016 at 9:19 am said:

All of the music in the PC version appears in the console versions PLUS a new soundtrack by Jake “Virt” Kaufman!

+ cmdluke on January 12th, 2016 at 9:50 am said:

Feb 2 you say? Please let this be a PS+ game!!!

+ gus_xl on January 12th, 2016 at 9:51 am said:

I just watched someone speedrun this game last week, and I was truly amazed. I need to try this one.

+ american_36 on January 12th, 2016 at 9:51 am said:

Never heard of the game before but DAMN that trailer sold me fast^^

+ Iz-GOod on January 12th, 2016 at 10:00 am said:

Oh sweet, I was holding off on buying the PC version since I’m a fan of roguelikes but have been playing more PS4/Vita than PC lately.

Looking forward to it!

+ CaptainJeff87 on January 12th, 2016 at 10:02 am said:

Like the first poster said, I’m guessing this will be a Plus game?

It seems any new indy that comes out the first Tue of the month is usually on Plus.

If it’s not a free game, will it get a discount for Plus members at all?

+ alexRSBR on January 12th, 2016 at 10:28 am said:

Great!!!

I just bought it (Steam Sale!) to play in my Mac, and I’ll surely buy it for PS4 and Vita!

+ Kid_Loser on January 12th, 2016 at 10:45 am said:

Been really excited for this game to come to Vita. Thanks for getting it on Vita! I can’t wait for this month to be over now. As others have asked, will there be a Platinum trophy?

+ Seluhir on January 12th, 2016 at 11:44 am said:

ah hell, it’s about time.

+ TheHerbinator75 on January 12th, 2016 at 1:20 pm said:

Will this possibly be free for Playsration Plus for the month of February?

+ GavinTheCard on January 12th, 2016 at 4:00 pm said:

Couldn’t be more excited that this is coming to Vita :). Will it support cross-save between Vita and PS4?

+ RateX_BR on January 13th, 2016 at 7:34 am said:

Would love to know if it will feature cross-save between vita and ps4 as well!

+ Senjutsu_Dav on January 12th, 2016 at 5:28 pm said:

A friend of mine talked SO MUCH to me about this game. What is the price? I’ll buy if the price makes sense, for sure! ^_^ The game seems really nice!

+ OneManArmyAndres on January 12th, 2016 at 8:49 pm said:

dance pad?
could you explain more plz,
a dance pad like “dance dance revolution” i imagine, that would be awesome!

+ AutomaticOcelot on January 13th, 2016 at 12:56 am said:

Rele-vita-ant to my interests! I’ve always found Crypt gameplay videos to be disjointed and unapproachable, but one cannot deny the acclaim, so a hands on trial is warranted.

+ plaztiksyke on January 13th, 2016 at 12:29 pm said:

Saw this game at PAX a few years ago and it was a blast. Supporting USB dance pads on PS4 is BRILLIANT.

Without the dance pad controls, does the game use the motion controls or touch pad of the DualShock 4 at all? Any plans for Move support?

I was really hoping for custom soundtracks — I always plug in my PixelJunk Eden and Shatter soundtracks!

+ Vextalon on January 13th, 2016 at 5:45 pm said:

What is the price for this anyway?

Is this PS TV compatabile?

+ EricaMMassey on January 14th, 2016 at 5:17 am said:

My last month paycheck was for 11000 dollars… All i did was simple online work from comfort at home for 3-4 hours/day that I got from this agency I discovered over the internet and they paid me for it 95 bucks every hour…
Try it yourself… Earnmore9.com

+ lamebrainREM on January 14th, 2016 at 5:30 am said:

This is why I bought next-gen console, to play ****** looking game. I bet they make these games just for ps plus free giveaway

+ LonestarF1 on February 1st, 2016 at 11:34 am said:

Well no, they make these games because most, normal people, aren’t like you. They look at a game like this and think, “Hey, that looks neat.” Whereas you, look at a game like this and think, “Where the graphics be?” As sad as I am to think that someone won’t play a fantastic game such as this for something as silly as senseless prejudice, it is offset by the solace I take in knowing that you and I will never be in the same social circle. Enjoy your bubble.

+ Peccoskaify on January 19th, 2016 at 12:28 pm said:

Please tell me that this crap game is not going to be February 2016 ps+ game. Please…I really hope we will get some good games, like Xbox gets.

+ LiquidCorruption on January 20th, 2016 at 3:56 am said:

Is the music for Crypt of the Necrodancer still going to be Danny Baranowsky’s?

I did not like the new Super Meat Boy soundtrack for the ps4 release of the game…

+ Ghosthost40 on January 26th, 2016 at 5:49 am said:

The default soundtrack is the orginal Danny B music. the only reason Danny’s music wasn’t in the new SMB release was because there was beef between Edmund and Danny.