PlayStation Vue

Jan 13

24127482112_f9e0168076_z

LEGO Marvel’s Avengers Getting Free DLC Exclusively for PS4, PS3

Arthur Parsons's Avatar Posted by on Jan 13, 2016 // Game Director, TT Games

At last, I’m free to speak about one of the most exciting things that we’ve been squirreling away on at TT Games for LEGO Marvel’s Avengers, outside of everything that already makes the game such a fun and authentic Marvel title (Yes, Squirrel Girl reference intended… sorry!).

LEGO Marvel’s Avengers is getting some free DLC content exclusively for all PS4 and PS3 players. What’s even more awesome is that this content is based on the brilliant Marvel’s Ant-Man movie and also one of my most anticipated films of 2016, Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War. And yes, believe it or not I’ve managed to keep a lid on this. I’m not quite sure how… but I have.

LEGO Marvel’s Avengers already features content from six epic Marvel films (and a plethora of content from the rest of the Marvel Universe, including a ton of characters from Marvel Comics), however, now PlayStation gamers will be able to add content from two more movies to their experience.

So, I hear you all asking: what is this content exactly, and what makes it so exciting? Well, first up we have the Captain America: Civil War Character Pack, which will be available at launch on January 26th and includes nine characters — yes, nine characters — featured in the upcoming movie: Captain America, Iron Man (Mark 46 armor), Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Falcon, War Machine, Scarlet Witch and my personal favorites, Crossbones and Agent 13. It’s a great pack that will hopefully get everyone as excited as I am about the film. Obviously before you ask, yes, you will be able to take all of these characters into the main game, into the various levels or into the eight different open world locations.

LEGO Marvel AvengersLEGO Marvel Avengers

The second is the Ant-Man Character & Level Pack, of course based on the Ant-Man movie, which will be available later this spring. This pack features an awesome level based on a section of the film. It also has eleven great characters, including Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Ant-Man (Hank Pym), Ant-Thony (Flying Ant), Cassie Lang, Darren Cross, Scott Lang, Hank Pym, Hope Van Dyne, Luis, The Wasp (Janet Van Dyne), and Yellowjacket.

We are really bringing Ant-Man and Yellowjacket to life with all the abilities that you’d expect them to have. The team and I here at TT Games are positive you will really enjoy this DLC offering. But, not only are we bringing you the characters and the level content, the part of this pack I’m most excited about… Ant-Thony the Ant! You’ll be able to fly around on Ant-Thony within the DLC level and then into the main game as well.

When I watched the movie with the team, we really enjoyed it, so much so that I went back to watch it again the next day, and then saw the amazing playsets that LEGO created for the film so to now be able to pair those together and bring them to life in LEGO Marvel’s Avengers is yet another reason why this game has been an absolute delight to work on.

In addition to the movie and comic content in the game, we’re really looking forward to hearing what you all think of the many new features in LEGO Marvel’s Avengers, specifically the Avengers Team-Ups. When you think of the Avengers, you think of teamwork, pulling together against adversity as a team. So, now you can team-up characters to perform incredible combo moves to take down the bad guys.

LEGO Marvel Avengers

Teaming up core Avengers results in unique moves based on the pairing so we hope you enjoy trying out all of the various combinations to see which is your favorite. For us, it’s yet another reason why LEGO Marvel’s Avengers has been such a pleasure to develop. All of us on the team here are Marvel fans so make sure you look out for the various references and nods we’ve put into the game to make it the most authentic and fun experience.

We think that this is our best game yet — more humor, more characters, more features, more open world gameplay, more abilities, and of course, more movie content exclusively for PlayStation fans.

On behalf of myself and the team, we hope you have many hours of enjoyment when you play LEGO Marvel’s Avengers, and if you love it as much as we think you will, keep an eye out for the season pass content that we’ll be bringing your way featuring classic comic content as well as content from Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

46 Comments

+ CrusaderForever on January 13th, 2016 at 6:47 am said:

Amazing! Thank you! Really looking forward to this release. Going to be a ton of fun in COOP!

+ elitez_88 on January 13th, 2016 at 6:57 am said:

Preordered this yesterday and im glad I did because this news is awesome

+ RayyanBoyGamer on January 21st, 2016 at 3:44 am said:

Will it work for the cds

+ Los_33x on January 13th, 2016 at 7:02 am said:

I can’t wait! The first Lego Marvel was my son and I’s favorite game to play together. I’m fixing to preorder it on PSN in a few days!

Would you be able to answer though what is on the season pass? Levels? Characters? To let me know if the Deluxe version is worth it. Thanks!

+ ZoSam32 on January 13th, 2016 at 7:18 am said:

Greatness!!

+ Deadpoolkilller on January 13th, 2016 at 7:34 am said:

Hopefully there a spider-man DLC

+ Craiji on January 13th, 2016 at 7:45 am said:

Spider_man please!

+ frobebryant15 on January 13th, 2016 at 7:52 am said:

Where is Spider-Man? He has a major role in the movie.

+ STJebus on January 13th, 2016 at 8:14 am said:

What about Vita?

+ carlogz on January 13th, 2016 at 8:14 am said:

No love for VIta??? There is always no love for Vita .. :(

+ pudgenet on January 13th, 2016 at 8:40 am said:

“Join the LEGO® Marvels Avengers team and experience the first console videogame featuring characters and storylines from the critically-acclaimed film Marvel’s The Avengers, the blockbuster sequel Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, and more.”

Well, other than Zen Pinball 2.

+ Thwip on January 13th, 2016 at 8:51 am said:

I was going to jump in and ask if there was any Spider-man content in the game, but it would appear others have beat me to the punch, so I’ll just ask…Spider-man???

+ frobebryant15 on January 13th, 2016 at 9:10 am said:

Will this be the first Lego Game to have Online Co-Op? I have tons of friends and cousins I would love to play with but I can’t because they live far away.

+ LoneRanger1975 on January 13th, 2016 at 9:54 am said:

Nothing extra for the Vita? C’mon, I’m a Marvel Zombie and I generally don’t do Lego games on my console. Lego is fun on the go. Please port the DLC to the Vita.

+ Defteyy on January 13th, 2016 at 10:13 am said:

But were is spiderman :(

+ snowcrave on January 13th, 2016 at 11:14 am said:

excited about this not usually into the lego games or super heroes but loved lego marvel. a bit confused though is this a new game or dlc’s releasing for the lego avengers that i already own? if it is a new game then why does it have exactly the same title as the previous game? no #2?

+ AizawaYuuichi on January 13th, 2016 at 11:23 am said:

The previous game was Lego Marvel Superheroes. As I’m sure you know, it was just a random story they created with a hodge podge of characters within the Marvel Universe.
    This is for Lego Marvel’s Avengers, which is based off the Cinematic Universe. Definitely not a sequel to the other game’s story, though that may eventually happen. This new game comes out the end of the month, and the post is detailing extra DLC that Playstation console versions of the game are getting for free.

+ turniplord on January 13th, 2016 at 3:25 pm said:

@Arthur Parsons – is this timed DLC or Exclusive?

all the blogs and info that people have created say exclusive but the mailshot that was sent out today just says it is timed:

^^Web based version of the email I literally just got^^

Thanks :)

+ SrART on January 13th, 2016 at 4:54 pm said:

Why not for the Vita? That is my preferred console for the Lego games. (Really the gf’s, I usually don’t play them) assuming that Sony paid for the content, getting the extra codes couldn’t account for more than a small percentage.

+ Cybexx on January 13th, 2016 at 5:05 pm said:

Hmm tempted to get the PS4 version but here in Canada it is twice the price of the PC version and as much as I like Ant-Man that is a bit rich to stomach.

+ Reymart_Cruz on January 13th, 2016 at 6:26 pm said:

Well guess i am getting this game now in my ps3 then my xbox 360 then.

+ RacierEmanuel on January 13th, 2016 at 6:29 pm said:

Esperandolo, Ya realizado el pedido.
2 semanas para el 26 :D

+ Meushi on January 13th, 2016 at 7:51 pm said:

Wonder if this is a permanent exclusivity..
Or just a timed one..

+ turniplord on January 14th, 2016 at 12:36 am said:

Timed for 3 months – an email came last night from the US playstation store saying: *Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War playable 1/26/16, exclusive through 4/26/16. Marvel’s Ant-Man playable 4/5/16, exclusive through 7/5/16.

+ Splodem on January 14th, 2016 at 3:33 am said:

Thanks for ignoring us vita gamers…..as usual.

+ EricaMMassey on January 14th, 2016 at 5:17 am said:

My last month paycheck was for 11000 dollars… All i did was simple online work from comfort at home for 3-4 hours/day that I got from this agency I discovered over the internet and they paid me for it 95 bucks every hour…
Try it yourself… Earnmore9.com

+ RedHotSackboy on January 14th, 2016 at 8:06 am said:

Where Is Spider-Man In The Civil War DLC???

+ psiyiyi on January 14th, 2016 at 5:01 pm said:

Can the Marvel DLC for LittleBigPlanet PS Vita be added back to the store temporarily? It was removed prematurely a few days before the official removal date of December 31st.

+ bgarnica on January 15th, 2016 at 6:56 am said:

Are those DLC’s also available in the regular edition of the game or only for the LEGO® Marvel’s Avengers Deluxe Edition?
If they are included in the regular edition, is it possible to clarify what is the additional content on the Deluxe Edition, please?

+ turniplord on January 18th, 2016 at 12:51 am said:

deluxe includes the Season pass – the content above is free to all version of the game – onlt a timed exclusive though as other platforms will get them 3 months later

+ Spaceace74 on January 15th, 2016 at 11:01 am said:

Wait a minute…what’s all this about teamwork but no online co-op? Another Lego game I’m passing on. #pleasebringbackonlinecoop.

+ tazcat2011 on January 15th, 2016 at 2:05 pm said:

Preordered today, I can’t wait for this game. Pretty excited about the Gamestop bonus of a Silver Centurion Iron Man figure too.

+ Bufftbone on January 15th, 2016 at 5:13 pm said:

This kind of sucks. I just ordered it a few days ago for my 360 so the kids can play it too. Oh well. When the game goes on sale I’ll get it for my PS4.

+ turniplord on January 18th, 2016 at 12:51 am said:

its only timed by 3 months – they you will be able to get it on other platforms as well

+ Heazie_USA on January 17th, 2016 at 12:17 pm said:

Will there be Trophies for the Ant-Man level?

+ PaoloTorre3 on January 17th, 2016 at 3:50 pm said:

Ya no puedo esperar mas!!! :D

+ TeenaHope on January 22nd, 2016 at 12:51 pm said:

If the season pass going to be available for purchase? Or only with the deluxe edition?

+ romulus33003 on January 28th, 2016 at 3:25 pm said:

Vita gets outed again as usual……

+ ClownOnCrack on January 28th, 2016 at 3:42 pm said:

I can find the CIVIL WAR pack, but I can’t see the ANT-MAN pack in the store. What am I doing wrong here?

+ DarkTalon669 on January 30th, 2016 at 5:13 am said:

Yea me too cannot find the antman dlc and level pack did I miss something???

+ ArrowGreen426 on January 30th, 2016 at 12:21 pm said:

Love the game! You made an amazing surprise with squirrel girl! This has brought so many heroes/villains that my children and me love… (and here comes the..) But where is Hercules, Hyperion, Mettle, or Patriot? I love these characters, and was a bit sad that some of the them didn’t make it. Hopefully with any other DLC’s coming we could see them. Hercules and Ares together would be worthy of a badge award! You guys are outstanding. Keep up the amazing work.

+ WHITELIGHTER5000 on February 5th, 2016 at 8:43 pm said:

Are the DLCs already within the game and console itself or do they have to be bought?

+ Scottiem53 on February 9th, 2016 at 11:20 am said:

How do we get this free DLC there is normally a redeem code in the box but I didn’t get one?