PlayStation Vue

Jan 24

The Witness

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 1/26/2016

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by on Jan 24, 2016 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

A beautiful island rife with puzzles. Remnants of life. Secrets buried deep between mountains and trees. The long-awaited puzzler The Witness is finally here, and it’s out this week on PS4.

The Witness, developed by renowned creator Jonathan Blow (Braid), is set on a mysterious island filled with beautiful sights and provocative puzzles. Explore freely as you unravel the many secrets woven throughout the environment, complemented by a stunning vocal cast.

For the full list of new games coming to PlayStation this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

New Releases: January 26th, 2016
Gemini: Heroes Reborn
PS4 — Digital

Gemini Heroes Reborn

Gemini: Heroes Reborn is a first-person adventure that follows Cassandra, age 20. She is a young woman on a journey of discovery in which she will unlock incredible powers — unique in the Heroes Universe — and solve a mystery in her past. She will be reunited with her long missing family, but not in the way she ever expected.

LEGO Marvel’s Avengers
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

LEGO Marvel Avengers
Avengers Assemble! The best-selling LEGO Marvel franchise returns with a new action-packed adventure. Join the LEGO Marvel’s Avengers team and experience a game featuring characters and storylines from the critically-acclaimed films. Play as the most powerful superheroes in their quest to save the world.

Saturday Morning RPG
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Saturday Morning RPG

Saturday Morning RPG is an episodic JRPG set in world heavily inspired by 1980’s Saturday morning cartoons and pop culture. Players take the role of Martin “Marty” Michael Hall, an average high-school student who has just been granted an incredible power — a power that ultimately leads him to attract the ire of the world’s most notorious villain, Commander Hood!

This War of Mine: The Little Ones
PS4 — Digital (Out 1/29)

This War of Mine: The Little Ones
This War Of Mine: The Little Ones provides a gritty and thought-provoking experience of war from the perspective of a group of civilians trying to survive the ordeal. Even in war: kids are still kids.

Tom Clancy’s The Division (Beta)
PS4 — Digital (Begins 1/29)

The Division Beta

Tom Clancy’s The Division Beta is your chance to test and experience a pre-release version of the game. Plus, it serves as an important opportunity for the team to make sure the game is balanced and the servers are tested to pave the way for a smooth launch. The beta will not be a full version of the game, does not represent the final quality of the game, and will only function during specific time frames.

The Witness
PS4 — Digital

The Witness
You wake up, alone, on a strange island full of puzzles that will challenge and surprise you. You don’t remember who you are, and you don’t remember how you got here, but there’s one thing you can do: explore the island in hope of discovering clues, regaining your memory, and somehow finding your way home.

PlayStation Music Logo

• Kevin Gates — Islah
  • Bloc Party — Hymns
  • ALBUM

PlayStation Video Logo

• Crimson Peak
  • The Assassin
  • Rock the Kasbah

PlayStation Vue Logo

• The X-Files — January 24th & 25th at 10/9c (FOX)
  • The Magicians — January 25th at 9/8c (Syfy)
  • The 22nd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards — January 30 (TNT & TBS)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

62 Comments

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 24th, 2016 at 10:09 am said:

Witness meeeeeeeeeeee

+ FeddeCampo on January 24th, 2016 at 10:17 am said:

Witness me, Divide me,Avenge me,etc. PLAYSTATION ME!

+ KazeEternal on January 24th, 2016 at 10:31 am said:

I will witness you my brother, we will see you into the gates of Valhalla.

+ RaidenReturns on January 24th, 2016 at 12:34 pm said:

Mediocre!

(you know you asked for it)

PS: jk im cant wait for witness
    PS2: btw is that raiden avatar on ps4?
    PS3: i like my mgs2 raiden av better but wouldt hurt having that one too
    PS4: also im cant access my ps3 since last year thats why i ask…

+ paulogy on January 24th, 2016 at 2:19 pm said:

After waiting for many, many years, it’s finally time: The Witness comes in TWO DAYS :-D

+ ColinZeal on January 24th, 2016 at 3:07 pm said:

Worst movie of 2015.

Thank GOD for Sicario and Star Wars!

The Witness, just a couple of days now! CAN’T WAIT!!!

+ azimali on January 25th, 2016 at 1:05 am said:

No new ps2 classic this week Ryan?

+ Sum-Mischief on January 25th, 2016 at 5:01 am said:

Now this is a super week. I witnessed a division in this little war of mine. So a hero is reborn to revenge my Saturday Morning cartoons vanishing.

Have fun game hard folks!

+ Oste18262009 on January 25th, 2016 at 8:48 pm said:

FeddeCampo New HashTag in your name. #PlaystationMe Also should be a playstation modo.

+ rudetoy on January 24th, 2016 at 10:16 am said:

Whatever happened to the horror-puzzle game “Dead Secret”? It was supposed to launch in January on PSN.

+ CamelKong on January 24th, 2016 at 10:29 am said:

Either it’s dead, or it’s a secret!

I’ll just show myself out.

+ slambert215 on January 24th, 2016 at 10:16 am said:

Is the division beta open to everyone?

+ RinSatori on January 24th, 2016 at 10:23 am said:

No you need to

A) Pre-order
    or
    B) Sign up and get invited
    or
    C) Get a beta code from third party site

+ Amnalehu on January 24th, 2016 at 10:38 am said:

If you pre-ordered.

+ JMBlakk on January 24th, 2016 at 4:52 pm said:

They making it seem like it is open to everyone

+ The1337Ghost on January 24th, 2016 at 10:19 am said:

A lot of interesting games coming out this week! Here I thought all I had to look forward to was The Division beta.

+ KGrillz on January 24th, 2016 at 11:14 am said:

Yup

+ Ninevolts on January 24th, 2016 at 10:20 am said:

Such bummer that Civilization Revolution 2 Plus Vita got delayed again. I was looking forward to it.

+ ryan1701e on January 24th, 2016 at 2:08 pm said:

I know. I looked here to see if it was in the drop, but of course, it just got delayed today. That stinks.

+ Dracklore on January 24th, 2016 at 5:05 pm said:

Wonder if maybe this will be a PS Plus title for Feb.

+ kingie on January 24th, 2016 at 7:11 pm said:

I got tired of waiting , and order from Asia this week

+ Mayhem_child on January 24th, 2016 at 10:23 am said:

Still waiting on Okage: Shadow King to get announced for release on PS4, but hey, this isn’t that bad of a week!

+ ShabbaDooJR on January 24th, 2016 at 10:29 am said:

Any word on the file size for the PS Vita version of Lego Avengers?

+ Xcaligamer1 on January 24th, 2016 at 10:30 am said:

I’m going to go broke I swear lol. Still gotta get dark cloud 2; gotta get the witness, pax south on the weekend, cone back n get ready for superbowl, then Digimon cyber sleuth followed by SFV. Celestine day is officially canceled lol

+ CamelKong on January 24th, 2016 at 10:30 am said:

How big is The Witness supposed to be? Knowing in advance would be useful so I can clear up some space.

+ dhunter_12 on January 24th, 2016 at 10:33 am said:

ARGH! SO MANY GAMES… this was… unexpected.

+ Sonicfan11589 on January 24th, 2016 at 10:59 am said:

Hopefully either Ape Escape 2 or 3 (or BOTH?!) come out next week on PS4?

+ Sonicfan11589 on January 24th, 2016 at 11:01 am said:

Say if you could pass it along, can you reconsider pre-ordered digital games being discounted. I forget if it was through PS Plus or not. Amazon is now offering games 20% off for Prime Members.

+ TimMalouff on January 24th, 2016 at 12:36 pm said:

Even if you have a code for a % off for the PSN you can’t use it for pre-orders. (Very Sad )

I agree it’s sad that with Amazon Prime & BestBuy you can get a % off & usually better bonuses to pre-order the you can with having Playstation plus.

+ ZigNoff on January 24th, 2016 at 11:22 am said:

FFS where is my Wild arms 3?

+ PatricioUSA on January 24th, 2016 at 11:52 am said:

Witness price?

+ mnep99 on January 24th, 2016 at 1:00 pm said:

40$

+ Kishnabe on January 24th, 2016 at 11:54 am said:

So excited for Saturday Morning Rpg.

+ MakaiOokami on January 24th, 2016 at 12:37 pm said:

I’m excited to try it out too, but it really rubs me the wrong way how it just randomly says JRPG in a description for a game that’s based on American cartoons, with seemingly no Japanese even so much as inspired elements.

I really hate it when people abuse what a game is just for marketing and some clicks.

It would have been nice if they had released this on the PS3 some time ago, maybe gotten enough money to do the full 20-26 episodes they wanted to, but the PS3 was so hard to develop for they probably couldn’t afford it. Sony has changed everything in dealing with the ease of use of programming for the PS4. Maybe they’ll be able to finally afford to do an expansion pack and another 20 episodes.

+ Tomoprime on January 25th, 2016 at 2:28 am said:

Play Saturday Morning RPG for free in the App Store. The game hasn’t been updated since 2012.

+ dkarlowicz10 on January 24th, 2016 at 12:10 pm said:

Attention: Lego Avengers for Vita is supposed to be like the console version. No more of the inferior versions. Vita owners rejoice. Go and buy it to show that you want future Lego games on Vita to be just like this one.

+ TimMalouff on January 24th, 2016 at 12:38 pm said:

I will wait for reviews first as I have been disappointed with 3DS ports to the Vita before.

+ StuTX on January 24th, 2016 at 3:55 pm said:

Agreed. I always buy the physical versions on day one to show support. Also if you like real legos gamestop gives you the preorder figure (or other bonus) for the vita version.

+ djsaiyan on January 24th, 2016 at 12:24 pm said:

Gonna be The Witness and Saturday Morning RPG for me this week.

Also gonna give The Division a whirl to see if I like it. I’m really, really on the fence on that one

+ josh261995 on January 24th, 2016 at 1:45 pm said:

Ill be picking up Lego Avengers on disc & also picking up The Witness for sure!!!!!

+ bentonmaru on January 24th, 2016 at 1:51 pm said:

Where is Civilization Revolution 2 for the PS Vita? Awe man, guess I’ll just pick up Lego Marvel Avengers….

+ NMeck702 on January 24th, 2016 at 2:55 pm said:

This War of Mine is amazing. No game has ever made me feel bad for choices I’ve made until this. Some of the stuff genuinely bummed me out. Definitely check it out.

+ AnthonM22 on January 24th, 2016 at 3:59 pm said:

Hi Ryan, I hope you consider bringing Undertale to PS4, it’s a good rpg with great music, worthy of being on PS4.

+ petethepanda on January 24th, 2016 at 4:20 pm said:

There are reasons it might be a tough fit for consoles, but if it ever hit PS4, I’d certainly double dip. Fantastic game.

+ petethepanda on January 24th, 2016 at 4:22 pm said:

The real question is whether or not I come down with a freak sickness on Tuesday. I’d have no option other than spending the whole day devouring The Witness.

+ jake_ames999 on January 24th, 2016 at 4:23 pm said:

Just when will we be able to preorder dark souls 3 on the ps store

+ navcomm81 on January 24th, 2016 at 5:03 pm said:

Nothing for me aside from the beta for The Division.

This War of Mine is cool – but I rarely even touch it on my PC so I have no reason to get it on PS4.

+ solace357 on January 24th, 2016 at 5:17 pm said:

I am so hype on this. Gonna have to scrounge up the $$.

+ YorlecmNwahs on January 24th, 2016 at 5:55 pm said:

LEGO Marvel’s Avengers!!!

+ DeathB on January 24th, 2016 at 6:19 pm said:

Where is Binding of Isaac: AfterBirth????

+ Fire_Crazed on January 24th, 2016 at 10:07 pm said:

So backlogged with games, Now “The Witness” and another Beta coming out, IM READY!

+ Sum-Mischief on January 25th, 2016 at 5:04 am said:

Great week of gaming!

Enjoy

+ bobbydharrell on January 25th, 2016 at 7:03 am said:

Saturday Morning RPG looks interesting!

+ lodgedrocket on January 25th, 2016 at 9:38 pm said:

I bought the PC version on Steam for about a dollar on a Steam sale in 2014. I thought it was pretty fun for what it is.

+ chris_tane on January 25th, 2016 at 7:27 am said:

Alright, I’ll be the one to say it: “Gemini Heroes Reborn” looks quite interesting, even if you’re like me, and have been terribly disappointed by “Heroes Reborn” the tv show.

+ LeandroDiFini on January 25th, 2016 at 8:53 am said:

Many interesting games. But my dream of seeing Magic The Gathering Origins here is fading fast….

+ T_Butters on January 25th, 2016 at 10:16 am said:

Please help, does anyone know what time the witness will be available on PSN on the 26th? Midnight, or sometime after?

+ AizawaYuuichi on January 25th, 2016 at 12:19 pm said:

As there is no pre-order option (which really disappointed me), it won’t be available until the standard store update time, which is generally around 2pm PT/ 5pm ET. It might show up a few hours earlier than that, but in my opinion, it’s safer to wait until the store update post goes live, cause you never know if it’ll launch with a PS+ discount that doesn’t get applied until closer to the store update being finished.

+ Chip1010 on January 25th, 2016 at 4:22 pm said:

The game’s Twitter account says 12:01 a.m. Pacific, “if all goes well.” Which, of course, it often does not. But that seems to be the plan.

+ Ribbercage on January 25th, 2016 at 3:16 pm said:

Can’t preload on the store! Can’t even preorder! WOW!

+ Darkeitachi on January 28th, 2016 at 9:57 am said:

@Ryan Update 1.01 on Dark cloud 2 broke the monster badge farming you litterally Can’t get any monster badges

+ DarkStar2001 on January 31st, 2016 at 6:52 pm said: