Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Jan 25

24441525491_33b6b70bc2_z

Darkly Funny Kart Racer Coffin Dodgers Coming to PS4

Ben Tester's Avatar Posted by on Jan 25, 2016 // PR & Community Manager, Wales Interactive

Greetings, PlayStation.Blog! It’s Ben Tester here from Wales Interactive bringing you great news on the upcoming PS4 kart racer Coffin Dodgers! We’ve teamed up with UK-based developers Milky Tea Studios to bring you an old age pensioner’s race for survival in Spring 2016.

After settling down for some peace and tranquillity, the residents of the retirement village Sunny Pines have been idling away the days. That is until a creepy new resident, Mr. Grim Reaper, looks set to turn retirement on its head.

After years trawling the earth for souls to harvest, Mr. Grim Reaper lays his hat in the village of Sunny Pines where he will harvest souls from the comfort of his rocking chair. However, seven of the sprightliest OAPs have other ideas and set out to terminate Grim’s morbid plans with a mobility scooter race to the death! Prove your worthiness in the tournament and unlock the Grim Reaper himself. With the aid of his trusty scythe, you’ll continue the story and capture the souls of Sunny Pines for yourselves.

Coffin Dodgers on PS4Coffin Dodgers on PS4

Battle your friends! With a 2-4 player local multiplayer mode you can actively battle and knock your friends from their mobility scooters, get tangled up in epic crashes, and cause mayhem. The “Road Rash” style player-to-player combat features wacky weapons and collectable destructive power-ups to stop your mates in their tracks. Watch your frail backs, because you’re never too far away from an EMP powered defibrillator. Further game modes range from single-player story, time trials, quick races, and the open-world “Crazy Granddad” game where you race against the clock to find special items in the Sunny Pines district.

Have a need for speed? Get out your wallets as you’ll be spending your well-earned coins in the Garage where you can unlock and upgrade your very own pimped-up mobility scooter. Here you can buff up your kart bodies, swap out your engine parts, choose new paint jobs, or upgrade your weapons… you’ll need these if you plan on beating Grim over the finish line. Choose your mods carefully to suit your driving style and build the scooter that will literally save your soul.

Coffin Dodgers on PS4

Coffin Dodgers is coming to PS4 in Spring 2016, so keep an eye out for further details. We’d love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave comments below. Thank you all for reading!

Race In Peace.

+ testbrit on January 25th, 2016 at 7:01 am said:

Looks dead good!

Ben Tester's Avatar

+ Kevin Campbell on January 25th, 2016 at 7:21 am said:

Glad you think so :) Cheers, Kev

+ RapidTapioka on January 25th, 2016 at 7:14 am said:

No online multiplayer?

Ben Tester's Avatar

+ Kevin Campbell on January 25th, 2016 at 7:47 am said:

Hey, thanks for your comment. There won’t be online multiplayer in the launch version but there is local multiplayer which we are very excited about :) Cheers, Kev

+ FeLiPe_MachiN3 on January 25th, 2016 at 7:36 am said:

It looks really nice and funny, i’ll make sure to buy this game when it’s out.

I also liked your game Infinity Runner, any news on Beyond Infinity?

Ben Tester's Avatar

+ Ben Tester on January 25th, 2016 at 7:56 am said:

Thanks FeLiPe, this game really is all about the fun factor :) As for Beyond Infinity, well, there’s no news yet as we have a lot of other stuff going on with Soul Axiom but I’ll be sure to make an announcement in the future if we have anything solid for it. Thanks for stopping by! -Ben

+ MortalKombat2K7 on January 25th, 2016 at 7:39 am said:

I played this on Steam, and this was after early access. I found Coffin Dodgers to be a very mediocre.The tracks were bland, the controls were pretty wonky, and the graphics are hideous. Why play this when you could be playing Mario Kart, or on Playstation: LittleBigPlanet Karting and Modnation Racers There are better substitutes for Mario Kart than Coffin Dodgers, most of which have online capabilities while Coffin Dodgers does not. Just give this one a pass.

Ben Tester's Avatar

+ Kevin Campbell on January 25th, 2016 at 8:08 am said:

Hi Mortal, Sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy Coffin Dodgers on Steam. The game has been updated for the PS4 release but appreciate the game isn’t for everyone. Thanks for your feedback.

+ Cerebrl4ssassin_ on January 25th, 2016 at 7:43 am said:

A Kart racer with no online multiplayer, I’ll have to pass. What Sony needs to do is green light United Front Games to do a ModNation Racers 2 for the PS4. Even a remastered ModNation Racers for the PS4 would be awesome.

+ ZeroHart on January 25th, 2016 at 8:13 am said:

I would buy Modnation Racers again if they launched for the PS4. Sony is lacking heavily on a good Kart Game and please please make Modnation Racers 2 and NOT Little Big Karting

+ SmokeAdellic on January 25th, 2016 at 9:42 am said:

Yes I 3rd Modnation 2 or remaster with shorter loading times lol

+ MabsterB on January 25th, 2016 at 1:19 pm said:

I lend a 4th voice to the plea for MNR2. The key would be to keep the boost/shield mechanics from MNR, don’t use what LBPK did.

+ Eidyllion on January 25th, 2016 at 8:52 pm said:

5th! But what about Crash Team Racing for PS4, it would be awesome!

+ villaintine on January 26th, 2016 at 5:29 am said:

6th this notion! I love me some Mario Kart, but ModNation Racers was, for me, far and away the best kart racer I’ve ever played! Please bring MNR back for PS4 Sony!!

+ ClemFandango74 on January 25th, 2016 at 8:13 am said:

How nice to have a local multiplayer option – I’d much rather be sat with my mates than playing online. The PS4 needs more of these sorts of games.

Ben Tester's Avatar

+ Kevin Campbell on January 25th, 2016 at 8:19 am said:

Hey Clem, thanks for your kind words :) The game gets really competitive, especially with the hand to hand combat so it’s great to play locally!

+ EggnogRevived on January 25th, 2016 at 8:52 am said:

Is this going to be a game of the month?

Ben Tester's Avatar

+ Kevin Campbell on January 25th, 2016 at 8:57 am said:

We certainly hope so Eggnog :)

+ saab01 on January 25th, 2016 at 10:19 am said:

Looks Interesting but i would need to try it out before I decide on a purchase.

+ deadendblues on January 25th, 2016 at 11:37 am said:

Game looks cool and the concept of racing death intriguing, bit no online multi-player, no buy. Sorry as much as I like couch play, without online support I wouldn’t see me playing the game enough to warrant a purchase. Maybe when it gets an online patch I’ll buy

+ Eirinn87 on January 25th, 2016 at 1:21 pm said:

Sweet, a Kart Racer that looks good on PS4 finally. :D Also love that Local Multiplayer is an option, as I’m tired of online only multiplayer for various reasons (like I want to play with my family and I don’t plan to buy two PS4s and two copies of each game, also poor connection speeds). We need more Local multiplayer games and more kart racers on PlayStation systems, and this one gives us both in one. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this game. Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

Ben Tester's Avatar

+ Kevin Campbell on January 26th, 2016 at 1:08 am said:

Hey Eirinn, Thank you for your kind comment. We are very excited about the local multiplayer and believe it will be lots of fun to play with the family. Thanks for your support!

+ finaler on January 25th, 2016 at 3:18 pm said:

The game looks pretty funny – I mean fun. It’s nice to see the PS4 get a kart racer but….no online multiplayer, only local? I have no one to play it with then. Get true online multiplayer up and running well and I’ll be happy to give this a try.

+ Motherboop on January 25th, 2016 at 7:06 pm said:

Looks great! Platinum trophy?

Ben Tester's Avatar

+ Kevin Campbell on January 26th, 2016 at 1:12 am said:

Thanks Motherboop :) Yes there will a platinum trophy

+ FoalishKazoo on January 25th, 2016 at 7:20 pm said:

music reminds me of banjo-kazooie, which is always a good thing.

game looks interesting. i’ll see about trying it out when it comes out.

Ben Tester's Avatar

+ Kevin Campbell on January 26th, 2016 at 1:09 am said:

Hey FoalishKazoo, Thank you! I agree :) Thanks for your support

+ batman232323 on January 26th, 2016 at 4:33 am said:

Plain and simple Kevin Campbell. Looks cool as hell but you need the online multiplayer. Implement that and I think you will have a winner!