Days Gone

Jan 28

24528413962_096780bc1c_z

We Are Doomed Launches February 9th on PS Vita

Mobeen Fikree's Avatar Posted by on Jan 28, 2016 // Vertex Pop

We Are Doomed is a twin-stick shooter where you zap polygon baddies with an absurdly overpowered laserbeam. It’s pure arcade action: no cutscenes, no storyline, no lengthy tutorials. It’s a perfect fit for PS Vita, and you’ll be able to get your hands on it soon: February 9th, 2016.

It also supports cross buy, so if you’ve already enjoyed We Are Doomed on PS4 you’ll get to play it on-the-go absolutely free.

We Are Doomed on PS Vita

One of the great joys I’ve had is checking out the incredible scores that the PlayStation community have achieved on PS4. So for the PS Vita version, I decided to put together a tips guide. Maybe it’ll help you make it to the top?

Collect Trinkets, Then Superbeam!

Collecting Trinkets (the purple cubes and diamonds) does two things: increments your score multiplier, and fills the Superbeam meter.

The basic strategy is to fill the meter, wait for a screen full of baddies, and then trigger the Superbeam to wipe them all out (at 2x the points, no less).

But here’s the catch: once you fill the meter, you can’t bank any more Superbeams. So the longer you hold off finding the perfect moment to use it, the less potential you have for filling up the meter again. Like everything in life, finding the right balance is essential.

Positioning is Key

Playing fast and aggressive is important, but so is staying alive! Always be aware of your position relative to the enemies. The enemies are designed to swarm the player, so watch out!

Learning the enemy tactics will help you better position yourself and prioritize targets. A few specific tips:

• Asteroids generally can’t be destroyed, but if you’re in a bind, firing the Superbeam will do the trick.
  • Blasters (the yellow projectile-firing enemies) are aggressive but largely stationary. As long as you keep track of where they all are, you can delay taking them out and maybe collect a nice looking Trinket instead.
  • Tadpoles seem harmless, but they dash quickly and multiply in number even faster. Even when it looks safe, keep your distance!

We Are Doomed on PS VitaWe Are Doomed on PS Vita

Practice!

Above all, We Are Doomed is a skill based game. There is no levelling and no upgrades, just your skills improving over time. If you want to get better, you need to get better! And that takes practice. So it’s a good thing you’ll have your PS Vita on you all the time, eh?

We Are Doomed is coming to PS Vita on February 9th, 2016. I hope you enjoy it, and I hope to see even more fantastic scores on the leaderboards soon.

PS: If you’re already a We Are Doomed fan (thx! <3) and want tips on something more specific, ask away in the comments and I'll try to answer as many as I can!

+ Supermoon11 on January 28th, 2016 at 7:09 am said:

YESSSSSS a new interesting Vita game! Thanks will be supporting you guys

P.S I LOVE YOU XOXO

+ HussamFelimban on January 28th, 2016 at 7:19 am said:

Game looks great & fun! Will it support PSTV?

Mobeen Fikree's Avatar

+ Mobeen Fikree on January 28th, 2016 at 7:31 am said:

Thanks! Yes, We Are Doomed works works on PS TV, including support for L2/R2.

Mobeen Fikree's Avatar

+ Mobeen Fikree on January 28th, 2016 at 7:31 am said:

Here’s proof, haha :)
https://twitter.com/mobeenfikree/status/677196100017737729 :)

+ B91212- on January 28th, 2016 at 7:59 am said:

Looks good and Vita & PS TV support? Thank you very much, I’m in.

+ Zepherj on January 28th, 2016 at 8:15 am said:

Looks like it will be right at home on PS Vita. Thanks for the extra work! Sometimes it’s hard to justify bringing games to the handheld, but we, the hardcore audience, very much appreciate it.

Mobeen Fikree's Avatar

+ Mobeen Fikree on January 28th, 2016 at 8:32 am said:

Thanks for the kind words! :)
    The extra work can be tough, but it’s always worth it when you see the finished project.

+ Hakumen__ on January 28th, 2016 at 9:41 am said:

Frying tadpoles with a giant death laser?

Sounds fun, count me in!

+ AgentX on January 28th, 2016 at 9:45 am said:

I love pure arcade-style action games. I’m interested in this game now.

+ sfbsfb on January 28th, 2016 at 10:12 am said:

Thank you for producing a PS Vita version! I have enjoyed this game quite a bit on PS4 – so it is a happy surprise to hear that it is coming soon to the Vita. I am guessing it will have the same two modes as the PS4 version, yes?

Mobeen Fikree's Avatar

+ Mobeen Fikree on January 28th, 2016 at 10:46 am said:

Yup, it’s the exact same game, just with optimizations for the Vita. :)
    I didn’t want to change anything because both versions share the same leaderboards & trophies.

+ xarienne on January 28th, 2016 at 10:44 am said:

THANK YOU so much for bringing this to the Vita!

Viva la Vita!!!!

+ pablikenemy79 on January 28th, 2016 at 2:44 pm said:

Thanks so much for support the “Playstation” Vita!

+ Superstone on January 28th, 2016 at 4:40 pm said:

Thanks for supporting the Vita. I’ll be buying it.
I support those who support the Vita!!

+ niobium01 on January 28th, 2016 at 4:59 pm said:

This is going to be perfect for my Vita. I can’t wait to play!!!!!!

+ Bridgettedreese on January 31st, 2016 at 5:22 am said:

Do you want to earn from home by working basic work using your desktop or laptop for 4 to 6 h on daily basis, get paid 91 bucks an hour and get a paycheck every week and choose yourself your working timeā€¦ Earnmore9.com