Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Feb 02

24778026275_6de92f7c63_z

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Awakening DLC: The Complete Guide

24778026275_6de92f7c63_z

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by on Feb 02, 2016 // Director, SIEA Social Media

Today’s the day! PS4 owners get first dibs on the first DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. Awakening, launching today on PlayStation Store, delivers four new epic multiplayer maps in addition to an all-new Zombies experience. To celebrate the occasion, we wanted to create a definitive launch-day resource.

Read on for the full details, and see you on the field.

Call of Duty Black Ops 3: Awakening on PS4

DLC BASICS

What’s included with the Awakening DLC?
Awakening delivers four new multiplayer maps in addition to an all-new Zombies adventure called Der Eisendrache.

Which platforms will the Awakening DLC be available on?
Awakening will be available on PS4 starting February 2nd, 2016 in North America. It will not be available on PS3. The Awakening DLC may not be available in all territories and pricing and release dates may vary.

How do I access the Awakening DLC?
Awakening will be available for download on PlayStation Store starting February 2nd, 2016 for $14.99. You can also choose to purchase the Black Ops 3 Season Pass to gain access to all four DLC Map Packs planned for the year, including Awakening, as part of a discounted bundle offered at the suggested retail price of $49.99.

Will I get Awakening if I purchased the Black Ops 3 Season Pass?
Yes, Awakening is included in the Season Pass. If you purchased the DLC Season Pass for Black Ops 3, do not purchase Awakening as a standalone DLC Map Pack — you will be charged separately for it. The content is available as a free download to Season Pass owners from within the Black Ops 3 in-game Store.

Call of Duty Black Ops 3: Awakening on PS4Call of Duty Black Ops 3: Awakening on PS4

DLC CONTENT

What can you share about the new competitive multiplayer maps?
The four new maps featured in Awakening inject new variety in the Black Ops 3 multiplayer experience that will challenge and delight players of all levels.

• Gauntlet delivers three unique environments within one action-packed map. Showcasing Treyarch’s classic three-lane map structure, the map transports players into battle through a sprawling jungle, sub-zero arctic zone, and rainy urban cityscape.
  • Splash is set in an abandoned water park that includes dynamic environmental features such as waterslides, a wrecked pirate ship, and a lazy river. This map encourages an open flow of combat and allows for plenty of opportunities for underwater gameplay.
  • Rise is set in the snowy outskirts of Zurich, smack-dab in the middle of a construction site for a massive subterranean Coalescence research campus. This larger map features multiple engagement areas, with each section catering to different play styles.
  • Skyjacked soars high above urban Zurich in a re-imagined, modernized take on the popular Black Ops 2 multiplayer map Hijacked. Thanks to the new core movement system featured in Black Ops 3, this map gives players new ways to explore the environment while retaining the fast and frenetic gameplay that made Hijacked a fan favorite.

Call of Duty Black Ops 3: Awakening on PS4

What can you share about Awakening’s new Zombies experience?
Black Ops 3’s Zombies DLC adventure begins with Der Eisendrache (“The Iron Dragon”). Set in a chilling medieval Austrian castle during World War II, Der Eisendrache picks up where The Giant left off and continues to follow the classic cast of characters: Richtofen, Nikolai, Takeo, and Dempsey. The ancient site on which the castle sits was the scene of unspeakable horror where massive deposits of Element 115 have recently been discovered.

Will Der Eisendrache introduce any new weapons or gameplay mechanics?
There will be elements of low-gravity, an ancient bow that can be upgraded through mystical quests, and new ways to transport yourself around the map.

OTHER QUESTIONS

When will the next Black Ops 3 DLC be available?
We have no details to report at this time. Please continue to monitor callofduty.com and PlayStation.Blog for updates.

18 Comments

+ J1H4DZ on February 2nd, 2016 at 12:41 pm said:

I would like to say that I found a bug sky jakced multiplayer game and would like the experience of compensation

+ tobi_tenma on February 2nd, 2016 at 12:55 pm said:

Should fire up the ol’ shop vac and DL the zombies map

+ tobi_tenma on February 2nd, 2016 at 12:56 pm said:

Sorry I meant “I should”

+ madkinggeorge on February 2nd, 2016 at 1:00 pm said:

Downloaded update played for three hours, never played new maps.
Store shows as purchased.
Any ideas?

+ BJRACINE21 on February 2nd, 2016 at 1:43 pm said:

It’s all based on luck. They don’t have lobbies based around the new maps only. You just have to get lucky to play them. Try Team Deathmatch, Domination, and rarely KIll Confirmed to find matches with them. I wish they had a lobby just for the new maps.

+ ashtrim on February 3rd, 2016 at 5:20 am said:

Not sure if you are still having problems but there is a playlist dedicated to the new map packs. Its in the section below Hardcore.

+ GokuGod35 on February 2nd, 2016 at 5:17 pm said:

This new dlc is so awesome so cool

+ J_Ligs03 on February 2nd, 2016 at 6:47 pm said:

Can anyone tell me why I can’t play on the DLC maps if I’m not logged into the account who bought the maps or playing with them. My brother bought the maps on our console through his account and now I can’t play the maps unless he’s playing with me or I’m playing on his account. Do I need to pay for the maps too?

+ PBLegend0 on February 2nd, 2016 at 10:07 pm said:

Yes, I’m almost positive that dlc as a whole is account related. Sucks but that’s the way it is.

+ AncientAardvark on February 3rd, 2016 at 11:43 am said:

Make sure your brother’s account is set to “PRIMARY.” You can do this under Settings > Playstation Network.

My sister bought them, and I am able to play them now.

+ X1xUNC-TROJANx2X on February 3rd, 2016 at 9:14 pm said:

Are the new maps included with the old maps as well? Say if I join a lobby, I have a chance of playing on the old maps as well as the new ones? On previous COD, the new maps were separated from the old ones and I did not really like that.

+ Zepherius21 on February 4th, 2016 at 7:56 pm said:

Best question ever…. Will black ops 3 include new weapons and upgrades with their dlc and season pass owners? If not I will not be purchasing the season pass. Not worth the money. Games like battlefield have been doing it for years and I find them to have much better replay value and dlc value.

+ WolfieTheBeast on February 5th, 2016 at 11:19 am said:

Can multiple people get the bow in zombies?

+ barcaabood on February 6th, 2016 at 9:00 am said:

Please someone help, I just bought the season pass on my american account but for some reason when I go into one of the maps the game tells me to go to the game store and the store has nothing available right now on most of the slots but on my british account there is everything why canf I play the maps?

+ barcaabood on February 6th, 2016 at 9:04 am said:

I just brought the season pass on my anerican account but for some reason when I go to one of the maps it tells me that I need to go to the game store but the game store has nothing available on most of the slots including season pass and dlc maps why cant I play the maps?

+ Nationalistaswse on February 7th, 2016 at 7:05 pm said:

Add me guys

+ viren0896 on February 11th, 2016 at 11:01 am said:

I love the new dlc map pack . When I first bought it I thought it was a waste of money . But the dlc indcludes one of the best they have ever made beside the first one for black ops one . Love it money well spent

+ ACE0683777 on March 1st, 2016 at 3:55 pm said:

Does giant come with first dlc?