Uncharted 4

Feb 02

24736946836_3e1403aa90_z

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Launching June 28th on PS4, PS3, PS Vita

Jamie Eden's Avatar Posted by on Feb 02, 2016 // Game Director, TT Games

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…

TT Games began one of the most epic journeys of all time with the first LEGO Star Wars game in 2005. Now, 11 years later, we’re finally able to reveal that we’ve been working on LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens!

It’s a massive honor to be able to work on a game tied to the incredible Star Wars universe; there are a lot of people at TT Games who hold Star Wars close to their hearts with it being the starting point for the LEGO games — myself included. We’ve covered the Original Trilogy (LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy), Prequel Trilogy (LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game) and The Clone Wars (LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars) in great detail before, but now we get to jump ahead to Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which brings a whole host of incredible new locations, characters, Droids, and vehicles. Have a look at our awesome announce trailer above… perhaps it might look a bit familiar to you!

One of the most amazing parts of all of this is being able to work with Lucasfilm to create new game content with the characters and locations from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, told in a way that only LEGO Star Wars can. Through a strong collaboration with Lucasfilm, we’ve been able to create new stories and adventures connecting the Star Wars narrative, both before and tying into the movie. As such huge fans of the franchise, it’s a tremendous honor to have that privilege.

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

LEGO Star Wars: The Force AwakensLEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

As part of this, we’re pleased to share that PS4 and PS3 players will have access to exclusive downloadable content in the form of a Droid Character Pack and Phantom Limb Level Pack. We can’t go into too much detail right now, but we can’t wait for people to experience the content from the film, as well as new stories in Star Wars: The Force Awakens!

Everyone at TT Games is looking forward to revealing more of LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens over the coming months. In the meantime — May the Force be with you!

41 Comments

+ gerneric123 on February 2nd, 2016 at 6:06 am said:

Would writing “Our sister studio at TT Fusion are also developing a familiar but separate LEGO Force Awakens experience for PS Vita” somewhere in this post have given you carpal tunnel?

+ teflontactics on February 2nd, 2016 at 6:29 am said:

Seems like it, huh?

+ irj0k3r on February 2nd, 2016 at 6:13 am said:

How about a re-release of the previous Lego Star Wars games on PS4?? Please ^^

+ irj0k3r on February 2nd, 2016 at 6:18 am said:

…. or on Playstation Now

+ CrusaderForever on February 2nd, 2016 at 7:42 am said:

PSNow is amazing and I would love to see all LEGO games on there. I have been itching to play LEGO Lord of the Rings!

+ lleffas1997 on February 2nd, 2016 at 4:06 pm said:

Yes I love Lego Star Wars it is like my 3rd all time favorite game. I am pumped for this game.

+ Vyprstryke on February 2nd, 2016 at 6:54 am said:

Cool beans. I think a Lego Ghostbusters game would be pretty sweet given the small taste of what 1 could be from the Dimensions level pack…just sayin =)

+ POEman553 on February 2nd, 2016 at 7:35 am said:

I would love to see a Lego Dr. Who game as well.

+ CrusaderForever on February 2nd, 2016 at 7:41 am said:

I agree, love The Ghostbusters in Dimensions. They could really flesh it out by doing both movies. My guess is that they are going to wait until the all female Ghostbusters releases and then do a Ghostbuster Trilogy game.

+ lewchief on February 2nd, 2016 at 7:24 am said:

Any confirmation on a Vita version?

+ CrusaderForever on February 2nd, 2016 at 7:39 am said:

Yes, they show it at the end of the trailer. Rumor has it that it’s being developed by a 3rd party dev.

+ gerneric123 on February 2nd, 2016 at 8:20 am said:

There is going to be a Vita version. It’s mentioned in the press release and the trailer uploaded to other outlets. Amazon even has it up for preorder for $30.

+ CrusaderForever on February 2nd, 2016 at 7:39 am said:

This makes my son and I so happy! What a great day this is. We are loving LEGO The Avengers. Please make sure you put in the awesome combo system that The Avengers has. Would be absolutely amazing to see Han and Chewie’s combos. How about Rey and Finn’s combos! Sign me up! Really looking forward to buying D1!!

+ desert-punk-86 on February 2nd, 2016 at 7:41 am said:

lego games are getting old how about you do something new like i dont know ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!

+ Cyberkid100 on February 3rd, 2016 at 9:46 pm said:

I’ve always wished that they add this, this would truly be the next step for lego games.

+ Los_33x on February 2nd, 2016 at 7:45 am said:

CANNOT WAIT! absolutely loved the old Lego Star Wars games. Here’s to hoping they make their way to PS4 too!

+ obed17 on February 2nd, 2016 at 7:46 am said:

This would be great on PS Vita!

+ wvnative on February 2nd, 2016 at 7:52 am said:

Does this one have online co-op?

+ TheBossManSwag30 on February 2nd, 2016 at 3:18 pm said:

Please I hope so too

+ Cyberkid100 on February 3rd, 2016 at 9:45 pm said:

If they added this, this would sell way more copies!

+ westdivinity on February 2nd, 2016 at 8:02 am said:

So no PS Vita version? Even though Lego Marvel Avengers for Vita was the full game? Well I bought Avengers cause they actually worked hard on that title to be on Vita. this is a no buy for me.

+ gerneric123 on February 2nd, 2016 at 8:20 am said:

+ westdivinity on February 2nd, 2016 at 10:54 am said:

@gerneric123
    Thanks, I see it’s just more of Sony and their non-support issue, rather than third party support issue.

+ TheBossManSwag30 on February 2nd, 2016 at 3:18 pm said:

Yes their is

+ brice601 on February 2nd, 2016 at 8:16 am said:

Awesome! Still waiting on a lego ninja turtles game too come on tt make it happen

+ benjamin371 on February 2nd, 2016 at 9:00 am said:

Crossing my fingers for online co-op.

+ supermoc10 on February 2nd, 2016 at 10:02 am said:

The Phantom Limb pack name pretty much confirms that C3PO’s red arm is a reference to Kojima and MGSV: The Phantom Pain. That’s awesome!

+ AizawaYuuichi on February 2nd, 2016 at 3:13 pm said:

My first thought was a Venture Brothers tie-in, but who knows… lol.

+ Betogalado on February 2nd, 2016 at 11:02 am said:

You guys from TT Games better know that Vita owners should have a version like the PS3 one. you can downgrade graphics and other things, but don’t make it a separated cutted version of the LEGO games. MAKE THE GAME EXPERIENCE THE SAME AS THE PS3 AND PS4!!!
Every new release the PSVIta users get’s angry for Vita’s version being like the 3DS one… Vita can do much much more than that.

+ madmanwithabox12 on February 2nd, 2016 at 12:15 pm said:

Would much rather new LEGO DC game. Beyond Gotham’s open world was disappointing and you’ve outdone it with Marvel twice… since you’re part of the WB camp I think it’s about time we got a proper ultimate LEGO DC title. You’ve got Batman V Superman to use as a springboard soon as well. ;)

+ einstein_79 on February 2nd, 2016 at 12:39 pm said:

That “BB on Board” bumper sticker on the sand speeder is pretty brilliant.

+ anasmohhamed on February 2nd, 2016 at 12:52 pm said:

Will it be open world?

+ TheBossManSwag30 on February 2nd, 2016 at 3:16 pm said:

I hope so would be very very cool.

+ anasmohhamed on February 3rd, 2016 at 6:21 am said:

Yep!:)

+ Rego_78 on February 2nd, 2016 at 1:12 pm said:

Awesome game can’t wait for it to come out AWESOME!

+ HussamFelimban on February 2nd, 2016 at 2:29 pm said:

Please make the Vita version as awesome as LEGO Avengers is!

+ TheBossManSwag30 on February 2nd, 2016 at 3:15 pm said:

I’m very glad their making this game and for old and New gen consoles I’m 13 thank you guys so much

+ quickfire123 on February 2nd, 2016 at 3:17 pm said:

What exactly in the Deluxe edition? Cant find a complete run down.
I assume its this only:
– Fn-2187 mini figure
– Gold Case
– Season Pass
– Exclusive Playstation content

Is that it, either way Im buying the deluxe but I would like to know what it comes with.

+ dbbyres on February 2nd, 2016 at 6:12 pm said:

Will buy this, BUT…I can’t connect to PS Store on Vita as of the 3.57 firmware update. Anyone else having that issue?

+ nahunventura on February 3rd, 2016 at 6:25 pm said:

Any idea if the vita version will be compatible with Playstation tv??

+ jchill001 on February 6th, 2016 at 12:21 pm said:

As much as I want this, I’d rather wait until after the last Star Wars movie releases and get the collection that (hopefully) contains all 12 movies