Overwatch

Feb 04

The Last of Us

PlayStation Blogcast 195: Stranger in a Strange Land

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by on Feb 04, 2016 // Social Media Specialist

Hello and welcome! On today’s show, the crew retells their unusual encounters with strangers on PSN. Plus, what defines a “gaming masterpiece?” And what games in the past 10, 20, and 30 years could be given such a powerful title? Listen in to find out, and enjoy the show!

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
  • Firewatch
  • Unusual encounters on PSN
  • Gaming masterpieces
  • The Witness
  • Late nights with Myst

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Sid Shuman – Social Media Sr. Manager, SCEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SCEA
Ryan Clements – Social Media Specialist, SCEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@playstation.sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

18 Comments

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on February 4th, 2016 at 2:08 pm said:

Enjoy the show!

+ JakeZielsdorf on February 7th, 2016 at 8:08 pm said:

Hilarious episode guys. The funniest podcast episode I’ve head in a long time, and I listen to a lot of podcasts.

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on February 4th, 2016 at 2:12 pm said:

Dylan, Berlin, Bag of Pigs invasion…

+ Butters360 on February 4th, 2016 at 2:14 pm said:

5 more episodes till the BIG 200. Congrats guys. Hope we get the whole gang, Shu and Shawn on.

+ juzek19985 on February 4th, 2016 at 2:27 pm said:

Sony please do early acess for ps4 ARK Survival Evolved

here is evindence how much people wanted this game release early on ps4

+ jgrizzle358 on February 4th, 2016 at 2:45 pm said:

Might be worth noting that the Breath of Fire III you guys speak of is actually a PSP title compatible with Vita and PS TV

According to GameSpot anyways: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/breath-of-fire-3-being-re-released-for-psp-ps-vita/1100-6434254/

+ cmdluke on February 4th, 2016 at 3:44 pm said:

Great episode. Looking forward to the big 200! Keep up the awesome work!

+ The_Rogue_Ewok on February 4th, 2016 at 4:35 pm said:

The first game that came to mind regarding a “masterpiece” would be The Last of Us. It took me completely by surprise, and I was glued to its campaign and multiplayer for months.

Great episode. Lots of sound effects this time :P Looking forward to the 200th.

+ rabidninjamonky on February 4th, 2016 at 5:14 pm said:

I’m really excited for Breath of Fire 3 next week! Its one of my favorite rpgs ever. I might even say it’s a gaming masterpiece! Actually, my picks for gaming masterpieces we would be: GTA Vice City, Bioshock, Dragon Quest 8, Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue. At least those are my picks for today, haha.

+ Mercenary09 on February 4th, 2016 at 6:46 pm said:

Great show guys and looking forward to 200! Sid has the same idea as myself when it comes to video game masterpieces. Any game that has given me the feels after playing it I feel deserves that title. Games such as The Last of Us, Journey, the original Metal Gear Solid and MGS4. Those are just a few of the games that have affected me emotionally and why I hold them in such a high regard.

+ ArmyOfTurtles on February 5th, 2016 at 6:00 am said:

Another awesome episode guys. Really cool you were able to get Michael Bay to direct this one.

+ jgrizzle358 on February 5th, 2016 at 9:28 am said:

Blogcast & chill?

lol.

+ StuTX on February 5th, 2016 at 12:06 pm said:

Nice to hear Crimsonland get another mention!

+ Red-Til-I-Die on February 5th, 2016 at 9:16 pm said:

Easily one of my favorite blogcast episodes. From the zany sound effects to Sid deciding to start cleaning his desk after not speaking for 10 seconds, this blogcast had it all! Congrats to Tom Gilmore for getting the plat in The Witness.

+ Turismo4GT on February 6th, 2016 at 6:39 am said:

Listening for the first time, new PS4 owner.

+ cjkloster on February 6th, 2016 at 3:47 pm said:

Wow, y’all were on fire this week! The sound effects were out of control, in a good way that is…

Quote of the week: “sweet, sweet, booze.”

It’s hard coming up with playstation masterpieces that you guys didn’t already touch on. My list would definitely include half life 2, skyrim, metal gear solid, bioshock, the last of us, final fantasy vii, portal 1 & 2, gran tourismo 2, and most recently the witcher 3. I could go much deeper than that, but I’ll stick with playstation games for the castchat.

+ cleversignin on February 8th, 2016 at 6:25 pm said:

Hey Justin,
congrats on the plat. I got it a while ago but went back for obelisk fun which I just finished (if you see Mr Blow please tell him to f himself for that eclipse puzzle, seriously). was going to do 100% but the audio logs aren’t as rewarding for me so I think I will put this down and leave my pond with unblossomed flowers:(