Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Feb 04

24781363735_5c796c0377_z

Runner2 Launching February 23rd on PS4

Dant Rambo's Avatar Posted by on Feb 04, 2016 // Associate Producer, Choice Provisions

I have no idea how we managed to keep it a secret until now, but Bit.Trip Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien is making its way to PS4 on February 23rd. With The Bit.Trip collection having also just been released, this means that all entries in the Bit.Trip series are finally available on PS4 and PS Vita!

Runner2 is the sequel to 2010’s Bit.Trip Runner. It takes the auto-running, rhythm-platformer gameplay of the first game and introduces it to a surreal, fantastical world. And when I say “surreal,” I really mean it. You can play as a drunk pickle and a guy with a cheeseburger for a head. These are the kinds of things you can get away with in the world of video games.

Those of you who already own Runner2 on PS Vita will be pleased to hear that the PS4 version is going to be cross buy, meaning you get it free of charge. And for those who will be picking it up for the first time, you’ll be able to do so for $9.99.

The good news doesn’t stop there, however, because the Good Friends Character Pack DLC is also making its way to PS4, and it’s going to be completely free! We will also be making the DLC free on PS Vita starting February 23rd, so you may want to go ahead and hold off on picking it up until then.

For those unfamiliar with the Good Friends Character Pack, it allows you to play Runner2 as one of several beloved game characters. The full roster includes Raz (Psychonauts), Quote (Cave Story), Dr. Fetus (Super Meat Boy), Josef (Machinarium), Spelunky Guy (Spelunky) and Invisible CommanderVideo. It’s a piece of DLC we’re really proud of, and we’re excited to be lowering the barriers to entry for everyone!

Runner2 on PS4Runner2 on PS4

People have been asking us if Runner2 would be coming to PS4 since before the console even hit the market, and more often than not we’d respond to these requests with something cheeky like “never say never!” Thank you for tolerating our aforementioned cheekiness, and we hope you think the game was worth the wait!

If you have any questions about the game (or about anything, really), let us know in the comments and we’ll be sure to respond.

+ AncLEoniX on February 4th, 2016 at 8:03 am said:

Can’t wait to get my hands on this again. Got it for free on ps3 when it was with ps plus, and loved the game.
Recently bought the collection on my ps4 as well. So I’m wondering will it be cross buy with the PS3 version as well or no? Either way I’ll be picking this up again when it releases. Congrats and good luck to you all.

Dant Rambo's Avatar

+ Dant Rambo on February 4th, 2016 at 10:16 am said:

Hey there, thanks so much for the kind words!

Runner2 will be cross-buy with the Vita version, but not PS3, due to boring business-y reasons.

Thanks again!

+ elchorno on February 4th, 2016 at 8:22 am said:

As Dant mentioned in the post, it is cross buy with the Vita version only.

+ DeviantBoi on February 4th, 2016 at 8:08 am said:

Loved this on the PS3! Thank you for making it cross-buy!

Dant Rambo's Avatar

+ Dant Rambo on February 4th, 2016 at 10:19 am said:

Of course! And thank you for the kind words!

+ tylerh1701 on February 4th, 2016 at 8:21 am said:

Cross-buy with the Vita version AND free DLC?

Choice Provisions, you guys are so cool.

Dant Rambo's Avatar

+ Dant Rambo on February 4th, 2016 at 10:22 am said:

Thanks! We try to be good to our fans :)

+ Vyprstryke on February 4th, 2016 at 8:28 am said:

Bought this on ps3 and Vita so yay! Love the soundtrack too. Whetfahrt Cheesefunk especially lol

Dant Rambo's Avatar

+ Dant Rambo on February 4th, 2016 at 11:40 am said:

Cheesefunk is such an under-appreciated genre.

+ CommanderVideo on February 4th, 2016 at 11:20 am said:

I think Whetfahrt Cheesefunk is my favorite track in the game!

+ breadfan35 on February 4th, 2016 at 8:33 am said:

So Happy to hear this. Love this game. Any shot at adding a Platinum Trophy????

Dant Rambo's Avatar

+ Dant Rambo on February 4th, 2016 at 10:23 am said:

Sadly no platinum. We want to add a platinum trophy to all of our future titles (when applicable) however!

+ false_cognate on February 4th, 2016 at 9:02 am said:

Wow, cross-buy with the Vita even when it’s releasing so much later? Very nice! Having already bought this on Steam, PS3, and Vita, I’m relieved not to have to quadruple-dip. :)

Any chance it’ll also be cross-save and cross-trophy? I’d like to continue my gradual progress toward triple perfect plussing every level. :)

Dant Rambo's Avatar

+ Dant Rambo on February 4th, 2016 at 10:24 am said:

Other than being cross-buy with Vita, Runner2 on PS4 is a standalone product.

On the plus side, that means double the trophies for you!

+ LeandroDiFini on February 4th, 2016 at 9:22 am said:

This game was really cool on Vita. One of those surprising titles.

Dant Rambo's Avatar

+ Dant Rambo on February 4th, 2016 at 11:39 am said:

That means a lot, thank you!

+ phireblast on February 4th, 2016 at 10:07 am said:

Aw, no PS3 cross buy?

Dant Rambo's Avatar

+ Dant Rambo on February 4th, 2016 at 10:34 am said:

Sadly no. We wish we could have made it happen, but unfortunately it didn’t pan out.

It’s nobody’s fault, though. Just unfortunate circumstances!

+ ferrers405 on February 4th, 2016 at 12:33 pm said:

Thanks for the PS4 version, can’t wait for 100% the game again!

Dant Rambo's Avatar

+ Dant Rambo on February 4th, 2016 at 12:35 pm said:

You’re a pro!

+ UnleashSonic on February 4th, 2016 at 2:18 pm said:

Hey guys, this is amazing to hear, I’ve been holding out for a PS4 release since the system’s announcement haha :)

Quick question, I know this is a bit petty, but I would still LOVE to have the Commander Video PSN Avatar available in the Australian Store, as other regions like the US have it and I’d love to show of my BIT.TRIP fanaticism online :D

Cheers guys :)

+ Superstone on February 4th, 2016 at 4:39 pm said:

Thanks guys. Keep up the Vita support!!

+ ReptileHand on February 4th, 2016 at 9:31 pm said:

I thought you were making a second game without my knowledge and then I realized you already did but it’s not on PS4 yet.

my bad :(

but yay! :)

+ SpooNManX on February 5th, 2016 at 6:09 am said:

Great game!

I’d probably buy it a second time for the PS4 if it were on physical media, but I can’t justify buying the digital download again after paying full price a little over a year ago. I bought it a week before they gave it away on Plus IIRC.

Again, a physical PS4 disc release, and I’ll most definitely buy it. :)

+ Joeltron3030 on February 5th, 2016 at 11:47 am said:

YES!! I’ve been waiting for this. Can’t wait to 300% this game for the 3rd time :D
Happy running all!

Any news on Runner3?? Pretty please?

+ Doctor_Hank_Pym on February 5th, 2016 at 12:32 pm said:

Runner2 on PS3 was one of my favorite downloadable titles on that system — will happily buy this again! :) Thanks for this, and the fantastic collection of the first games that came out recently!

+ ElektroDragon on February 5th, 2016 at 12:57 pm said:

Who is the genius that decided to launch this the same day as Far Cry Primal instead of earlier, during the winter slump? You must hate money.

+ sekaniy on February 8th, 2016 at 9:04 am said:

I almost dropped my phone when I thought this was an all new title for Ps4. I’m still excited to get Ps4 edition. But… With the bundle just released and this one, Can we please get an all new Runner 3 for Ps4. Big enough for a platinum, new characters, and of course new dance moves!! My son plays PS3 version every week and made it to top 3 on a few stages.

+ plaztiksyke on February 8th, 2016 at 1:30 pm said:

Any particular audio or graphical enhancements for the PS4 version? Loved Runner2 on Vita, and really enjoyed Bit.Trip as well!

+ barneyeah on February 22nd, 2016 at 2:21 am said:

Hi, Is there any chance that the PS4 version will be launched on the Asia server such as HK region? Cause I bought the vita version and friends pack on my HK PSN account :)

+ toomuchtuna88 on February 26th, 2016 at 7:49 am said: