PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Feb 08

24456168229_226abd48e8_z

Shiren The Wanderer Launches July 26th on PS Vita

Danny Miscevich's Avatar Posted by on Feb 08, 2016 // Sales and Marketing Manager, Aksys Games

Grab your walkin’ stick and your favorite talking animal friend because Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate is headed to PS Vita on July 26th.

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate on PS Vita

Are you a daydreamer? Do you often find your mind wandering through fantastical realms, searching for arcane artifacts and shiny loot all while slaying crafty monsters and creatures? I know I do — at least three times a day. That’s why I’m very excited to reveal that Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate will land exclusively on PS Vita this year.

For those unfamiliar with the series, players assume the role of Shiren, a seasoned wanderer, whose most trusted companion happens to be a talking weasel named Koppa. If fact, here to give us the lowdown on what to expect in this latest installment are none other than Shiren and his trusty sidekick Koppa! However, seeing as how Shiren wanders the lands as a silent protagonist, Koppa has helped fill us in on the nitty gritty of their latest adventure.

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate on PS VitaShiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate on PS Vita

As Koppa tells it, The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate is an enhanced and expanded update of Shiren The Wanderer 5, which was previously available only in Japan. Part of the longstanding Mystery Dungeon series, TTOFATDOF (as it is so eloquently abbreviated) looks to continue the tradition of rogue-like RPGs by offering players a gaggle of dungeons and monsters to conquer.

The “rogue-like” genre is somewhat notorious for its challenging gameplay mechanics, but to prospective wanderers I say fear not! Grab a friend and traverse goodie-filled dungeons together with co-op mode! Once you’ve pillaged your fill as a dynamic duo, you can challenge each other in battle mode for glory and bragging rights. Fallen and can’t get up? Send out a rescue request and have your closest friend revive you on the spot! Seriously, questing for loot in dangerous domains has never been easier.

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate on PS Vita

Until next time, noble wanderers!

+ Sharingan_itachi on February 8th, 2016 at 10:04 am said:

I’m surprised and

thankful

+ KKAtan on February 8th, 2016 at 10:07 am said:

Thank you Aksys, you’ve always been the best Vita publisher around here. I’ve been impressed ever since you handled Muramasa Rebirth.

Danny Miscevich's Avatar

+ Frank "Bo" DeWindt II on February 8th, 2016 at 10:11 am said:

We’re happy our fans enjoy the games we release!

Hope you have tons of fun playing Shiren! :)

+ iriihutoR84 on February 8th, 2016 at 10:12 am said:

Amazing news. I was really hoping for this one but I never expected it to happen. Aksys tends to do the unexpected though. Will it get a retail release?

Danny Miscevich's Avatar

+ Frank "Bo" DeWindt II on February 8th, 2016 at 10:20 am said:

It will be both physical and digital, so rejoice! :D

+ gerneric123 on February 8th, 2016 at 10:13 am said:

Digital-only or are you guys going to do a retail version as well?

+ TheExiled12894 on February 8th, 2016 at 10:17 am said:

My interests has been piqued. Thank you for the Vita support, based Aksys Games!

+ Haeleos on February 8th, 2016 at 10:18 am said:

This is great, perfect game to have on Vita. July is really far off, I hope I don’t forget about it.

+ Jinterbel on February 8th, 2016 at 10:18 am said:

Awesome, Aksys is love

+ luvtoseek on February 8th, 2016 at 10:20 am said:

I’ll take it! Looks great & charming!

Thanks for the announcement, Frank & Danny!

Question, it’s unusual for Arpgs/Rpgs/Rogue titles to have the Hero Information/UI on top of the screen. Was this on purpose or is it a traditional design for the series?

+ Gorvi on February 8th, 2016 at 10:21 am said:

Awesome news. :)

+ Zepherj on February 8th, 2016 at 10:21 am said:

This looks great! I’m really excited about co-op mode. I’ve been looking for a good dungeon crawler and this looks like it will fit perfectly. Thanks for bringing such a great Vita game to the West.

+ Ninevolts on February 8th, 2016 at 10:23 am said:

I never thought that this one has any chance to come to west but here it is! Thank you Aksys, for reuniting me with an old friend! And it’s on Vita!

Hopefully you’ll bring another amazing game from same developer: Mystery Chronicle.

+ SephTiger on February 8th, 2016 at 10:29 am said:

Man, I’d love to be interested and support the original developer, but Aksys thought it was funny to block me on Twitter for asking a simple question about Norn9.

Oh well, guess I’m not buying this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+ veryhoudini11 on February 8th, 2016 at 10:47 am said:

Well i cant help but assume that you were being really annoying.

+ SephTiger on February 8th, 2016 at 11:07 am said:

I asked one question, and it was asking why they did what they did in relation to a screenshot.

+ veryhoudini11 on February 8th, 2016 at 12:19 pm said:

Thats def not worthy of a block.

+ ArtieMichaels on February 8th, 2016 at 10:33 am said:

I am so shocked and happy! I imported this and began translating as I played thinking Shiren’s days in the west were done. Thank you so much for localizing this amazing serious for us again! Shiren is the best console roguelike franchise ever and we have been deprived of too many titles.

+ c1r3z4 on February 8th, 2016 at 10:36 am said:

I loved the first one on DS so much (thanks to Sega for releasing it), but I was not even hoping for this one come.

I am very happy to know that I will be able to play this, thanks a lot !

+ MaciniRocks on February 9th, 2016 at 2:15 am said:

The first one was actually on the SNES. This game is a port of Shiren 5 which was on the DS originally but ported to Vita with extras. But glad you liked the one you played, if you have a Wii there is also one there that’s been released in the West :)

+ veryhoudini11 on February 8th, 2016 at 10:49 am said:

This is awesome. Looking forward to getting this gem.

+ TeamGreen615 on February 8th, 2016 at 10:49 am said:

Awesome news and a physical release too.
Thank You!

+ wilywol60 on February 8th, 2016 at 11:08 am said:

OMG!! Shiren & Koppa, I love you so much! Dreamed about re-release but Never thought it would come. Happy happy day! @Food4Dogs

+ L2K7 on February 8th, 2016 at 11:12 am said:

Great stuff. Is it too early for you to say whether or not it will be PSTV compatible? :)

Danny Miscevich's Avatar

+ Frank "Bo" DeWindt II on February 8th, 2016 at 11:26 am said:

As far as I’m aware it should be PSTV compatible.

+ tokitori on February 8th, 2016 at 11:25 am said:

Might be the wrong place to ask, but any potential for a 3DS re-release as well? I’d be so happy! Thank you guys so much for what you do!

+ veryhoudini11 on February 8th, 2016 at 4:46 pm said:

Probably their Twitter would be more appropriate.

+ MaciniRocks on February 9th, 2016 at 2:16 am said:

The DS you mean? This game existed on the DS originally then was ported to the Vita in the version which is being brought over. There is no 3DS version in Japan so I’d have to venture to say… no.

+ wjang on February 8th, 2016 at 11:36 am said:

is this like an unofficial zatoichi game? if so i’m totally in.

+ damonx21 on February 8th, 2016 at 11:40 am said:

Physical release ! thank u’ guys !

+ Sebgob on February 8th, 2016 at 12:24 pm said:

Thanks for this physical release guys!

+ jumpman1229 on February 8th, 2016 at 12:26 pm said:

Aksys, you guys continue to deliver!

Muramasa Rebirth was stellar and I have been keeping my eye out for the next Aksys Vita release. I’m even more grateful you guys are bringing this game to physical release! :)

Thank you guys! You guys are awesome

+ Tuulenpoika on February 8th, 2016 at 12:47 pm said:

Thank you guys so much for bringing one of my most wanted Vita games in English, and in retail form of all things! This stuff happens so rarely anymore it’s worth giving you extra big thanks just for that.

With that being said, please, please bring this game over to Europe as well. You could make a similar publishing deal with PQube you have previously made with your earlier Vita games. Just anything so that the retail release could happen in EU, too.

+ MaciniRocks on February 9th, 2016 at 2:17 am said:

You can also import it from North America if they don’t since the Vita is region free :)

+ metalgun0 on February 8th, 2016 at 12:56 pm said:

sweet can’t wait

+ LockeScythe on February 8th, 2016 at 12:58 pm said:

Awesome. I love the Shiren series and am super thrilled that we’re getting another one. Day 1 Purchase!

+ djkocombo on February 8th, 2016 at 12:58 pm said:

THANK YOU, AKSYS.
I had given up hope that this would ever make it over.

+ GigaLucs on February 8th, 2016 at 1:03 pm said:

A great surprise!! Thanks Aksys!

+ fabulousfurbear on February 8th, 2016 at 1:09 pm said:

Aksys, I had all but given up hope on any more Shiren titles being localized. I am happier than I would care to admit. I really hope the title does well enough for more titles. Thank you so much.

+ Cjmusashi33 on February 8th, 2016 at 1:37 pm said:

Thank you !! that’s a very good news (and with a physical copy)

+ Parasitepaladin on February 8th, 2016 at 2:03 pm said:

Just like a lot of others, I am surprised, but pleased! Keep up the great work, guys!

+ Bellalara on February 8th, 2016 at 2:10 pm said:

Thanks Aksys Games! I can’t wait to play it day one on my Vita :)

+ navcomm81 on February 8th, 2016 at 2:17 pm said:

Whoa. Graphics caught my eye. Need to watch a little gameplay, but pretty sure I’ll love this.

+ plancy on February 8th, 2016 at 2:18 pm said:

Trophy support? Platinum?

Danny Miscevich's Avatar

+ Frank "Bo" DeWindt II on February 8th, 2016 at 2:33 pm said:

Yup! Trophy support along with a platinum trophy!

+ plancy on February 8th, 2016 at 2:38 pm said:

Awesome!

+ Slighty_Slim on February 8th, 2016 at 2:51 pm said:

I need help beating a boss on Lego ninjago,how do I beat the hand that I have to freeze I can’t figure it out. Please help

+ NinjaMicWZ on February 8th, 2016 at 3:11 pm said:

Wow, I’m legit shook.

No way.

Physical too?

You are my personal lord and savior.

+ boxmyth on February 8th, 2016 at 4:11 pm said:

I really enjoyed Etrian Mystery Dungeon, which I believe is similar. And those SPRITES. I love 2D sprites.
Thank you, Aksys!

+ edgehead22 on February 8th, 2016 at 4:15 pm said:

Will the Co-op be Online or local? Online would be sweet.

+ RSevo09 on February 8th, 2016 at 4:16 pm said:

Aksys, XSeed, NISA, Atlus, Namco Bandai, Koei Tecmo. All keeping the Vita dream alive. And with some physical releases!!! I love em all for it!!!

The year of Vita rolls on!!!

+ sfbsfb on February 8th, 2016 at 4:18 pm said:

Great news. I greatly enjoyed one of the earlier games in this series (DS). Very satisfying experience.

+ HOLODECK on February 8th, 2016 at 4:36 pm said:

WOW! This is a very pleasant surprise, thank you so much Aksys! One question though: Will it be 100% compatible with the “Playstation TV” console???

+ HOLODECK on February 8th, 2016 at 4:38 pm said:

Just saw your earlier reply confirming it will indeed be pstv compatible! Great news!

+ wilfareus on February 8th, 2016 at 5:05 pm said:

thanks for supporting the Vita :D
definitely getting this!

+ dallow on February 8th, 2016 at 7:36 pm said:

Most surprising announcement of the year so far.
Few will likely top it though.

So great to see this come over!

+ Raith_Ramis on February 8th, 2016 at 8:18 pm said:

Can we please get a Europe (an therefore an Australian) release. Even if it is download only.

+ Hakumen__ on February 8th, 2016 at 10:04 pm said:

Great news! Definitely looking forward to this!

+ greenpower22 on February 9th, 2016 at 1:18 am said:

Any chance for EU release (retail or digital) ?

+ MaciniRocks on February 9th, 2016 at 2:18 am said:

If it doesn’t, you can always import it from North America since the Vita is region free :)

+ MisterGottlos on February 9th, 2016 at 3:27 am said:

Aksys is handling the Publishing? Digital Vita Release for Europe confirmed because it’s one of the few Publishers who refuse to look out for a Partner in Europe. Of course there are NISA and PQube.

But this time, it’s not a 3DS Game so I don’t give a damn because it’s the Vita and there isn’t a stupid Lockout and I will Import Shiren as soon as it comes out. Gosh, this is a News I never even dreamed of.

+ xXsircXx on February 9th, 2016 at 5:48 am said:

It has been a very long time since a new Shiren the Wanderer game appeared in the west. Thank you for finally giving us another game in the series.

+ vSilentangel on February 10th, 2016 at 7:40 pm said:

The game Pokemon Mystery Dungeon took it’s gameplay from on Vita? Sweet! I look forward to the release! :)