PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Feb 10

24841210335_c491775bde_z

Dungeons 2 Brings Evil-doing to PS4 on April 26th

24841210335_c491775bde_z

Christian Schlütter's Avatar Posted by on Feb 10, 2016 // Lead Producer, Kalypso Media

Hi everyone! This is Christian Schlütter, lead producer for Dungeons 2 at Kalypso Media. On behalf of Kalypso and the developers at Realmforge, I would like to take this opportunity to confirm that dungeon management simulation Dungeons 2 is coming to PS4! Keep reading to learn more about Dungeons 2 and what you can expect in the PS4 version.

What It’s About

Dungeons 2 isn’t about being a nice guy. It’s about becoming a Dungeon Lord so evil that goodness quakes in its boots. The campaign begins with the Dungeon Lord cursed into a half-life between this world and the next and bonded to his throne. Luckily, one can’t keep evil down forever!

With the ethereal “Hand of Terror,” you take direct control over your fledgling army of worker Snots as you begin to restore your evil dominance. Building out your dungeon, you will gain experience and gather gold, allowing you to enlist more and stronger creatures to do your bidding. Soon, your range of minions will expand to include beer-drinking Orcs, Goblin assassins, and boulder-throwing Trolls.

Dungeons 2 on PS4Dungeons 2 on PS4

Eventually you will send your army of destruction to the ready-to-be-conquered Overworld. This is where Dungeons 2 switches from dungeon management to traditional RTS gameplay. Managing dungeons while restoring evil across the land are two fulltime jobs, and a successful Dungeon Lord needs to find the perfect balance between underground dungeon management and aboveground RTS.

The Dungeon Lord does have a lot of skills and utilities to ensure a proper working dungeon. Multiple types of rooms can be built to keep the gold and supplies flowing. Naga can mine mana to craft defensive and offensive spells, whereas Goblins are pretty crafty and can build brutal dungeon traps for when bold humans enter looking for gold and glory. Nothing says “keep out” like an exploding treasure chest to the face.

What You Can Expect

At its core, Dungeons 2 takes the best influences of the dungeon management genre and blends them together for the ultimate dungeon sim experience. Yet on top of that we decided to go beyond the dungeon and incorporate the Overworld, where you command your forces in RTS fashion. Both the RTS and the dungeon sim elements are happening in real time so a perfect Dungeon Lord must be skilled in balancing between expanding their dungeon and controlling their Overworld forces.

It isn’t easy and it may take a few tries to find your rhythm, but once you do, you’ll enjoy the sweet, sweet taste of evil triumphing over good and the sight of the goody-good lands of the alliance switching from lush green fields to dark swamps of terror. And once you have recovered to full vicious strength by completing the extensive campaign, prepare to battle other Dungeon Lords in multiplayer!

Dungeons 2 on PS4

We can confirm here today on PlayStation.Blog that the PS4 version will be more than just the original game. Included on disc and in download, Dungeons 2 will come packed with DLC content. Right from the start, A Chance of Dragons, A Song of Sand and Fire, and A Clash of Pumpkins DLC content will be playable — as well as the Morningwood and Pixie Village maps, previously only available through pre-order editions.

Each DLC pack adds three unique skirmish maps, adding tons of hours of gameplay to the PS4 version. All we can say is that the Dungeon Lord is pleased with this ultimate version of Dungeons 2 for PS4 and hopes that you will summon your inner evil when it launches on April 26th!

Thanks!

29 Comments

+ cschluetter on February 10th, 2016 at 8:17 am said:

Hi guys! Chris here! Feel free to post any questions about Dungeons 2 you might have!

+ FenizaB on February 10th, 2016 at 8:27 am said:

Hey Chris, thanks for bringing what looks to be an amazing game to ps4. Is the multiplayer local, online, or both?

+ cschluetter on February 10th, 2016 at 8:40 am said:

Hey FinizaB! Multiplayer is online for up to four players.

+ xclaw on February 10th, 2016 at 8:59 am said:

Please tell me this will be a legit full fledged game and not riddled with micro transactions and cool down timers for construction?

Cause if so I want it and I want it now!

+ cschluetter on February 10th, 2016 at 9:01 am said:

No cooldowns timers, no mcio-transactions, the dungeon lord aint having none of that. Just get the game, build up your evil lair and then completely obliterate the goody-good overworld!

+ cschluetter on February 10th, 2016 at 9:03 am said:

*no micro-transactions

+ Tomoprime on February 10th, 2016 at 10:54 am said:

So as a player you are the hand in this CG video?

I wish we could see actual gameplay and not talk to the hand.

+ cschluetter on February 10th, 2016 at 12:06 pm said:

see my post below. we will do a twitch stream tomorrow on twitch.tv/kalypsomedia

+ FlashFlooder on February 10th, 2016 at 9:25 am said:

I am very much going to it this. Dungeon Keeper is one of my all-time favorites, so this looks like a lot of fun to me!

+ dhunter_12 on February 10th, 2016 at 9:48 am said:

UH… disc will have DLC? I guess the Digital version will as well? Price point?

+ dhunter_12 on February 10th, 2016 at 9:48 am said:

Looks cool :D Graphics look nice :D

+ cschluetter on February 10th, 2016 at 9:51 am said:

Disc and Digital versions will be identical and will include all the DLC mentioned above.

+ cschluetter on February 10th, 2016 at 9:58 am said:

Price will be 59,99 USD. This is practically the ultimate version of Dungeons 2 with all the extra maps and lots of added playtime.

+ cschluetter on February 10th, 2016 at 10:19 am said:

If you want to see the game in action, tune in to twitch.tv/kalypsomedia tomorrow Thursday, Feb 11 – 8:00 AM PT / 11:00 AM ET / 4:00 PM UK / 5:00 PM EU. We will show you what the game is all about and how the PlayStation 4 version plays! We will do some more streams in the coming weeks so best follow us on twitch to stay up to date!

+ Saber17 on February 10th, 2016 at 10:35 am said:

Well this is cool. Nice surprise for April. Keep on bringing these games over to PS4.

+ Fear_Me_All on February 10th, 2016 at 12:03 pm said:

single player campaign ?? or MP only….

+ cschluetter on February 10th, 2016 at 12:05 pm said:

Extensive singleplayer campaign, multiplayer for up to 4 player plus skirmish mode against AI

+ Hakumen__ on February 10th, 2016 at 12:14 pm said:

Longshot question: would it be posible to bring Dungeons 2 to PS Vita?

+ cschluetter on February 10th, 2016 at 12:42 pm said:

Well never say never but at the moment, I doubt it. The Vita is a great piece of hardware. But for a rather small team like us, it would be a lot of work to port the game over to it.

+ Admiral_Rico on February 10th, 2016 at 9:34 pm said:

Looks really nice. I was sad to see the new Overlord game become a silly cheap Diablo ripoff, and the incredible Dungeon Keeper franchise turned into the very worst of micro transaction rubbish. It looks like this game takes a lot from both those games and as long as it stays away from what they did I think it will be great.

+ KiLLz4Twinkies on February 10th, 2016 at 10:29 pm said:

Need this on Vita!

+ ChristenaFevelyn on February 11th, 2016 at 3:28 am said:

I’m making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do… Earnmore9.com

+ CrownedLion on February 11th, 2016 at 9:29 am said:

Have you thought about changing the title a bit, to make it a little more appealing to console players? Something like “Dungeons: The Hand of Terror”, or “Dungeons: Insert Subtitle”. You might get the attention of people who have never heard of, or played, the previous game – rather than coming across as a port of a PC game from a PC-centric genre. I think there’s potential for you guys to find a new audience, and for PS4 players to find a new type of game. It’s always refreshing to find and enjoy something that’s totally new to you, even if it’s a little daunting at first. I had this experience with games like XCOM: Enemy Unknown, SteamWorld Dig, and Rogue Legacy. I’ve never played a dungeon master style game, so this could be a good start for me. Congrats and good luck.

+ MakaiOokami on February 11th, 2016 at 1:17 pm said:

Generally sequels do better than originals. Not because there’s a fanbase per say, but because we’ve been psychologically conditioned to expect a sequel to be better and improve on the first game.

So I don’t think it would help to make a hugely confusing marketing ploy of taking a game that’s a port, remove all connection to the PC version’s name, so on and so fourth.

Especially since most of the reviews I looked up said that the first game had a lot of issues that the second game addresses, and people trying to look up the game might think that

Dungeons: Insert_Title_Here is the first game ported over and not the second game.

So that’s my 2 cents.

+ CreepyCuttlefish on February 11th, 2016 at 8:02 pm said:

will there be a platinum trophy?

+ Ernestinacgarcia on February 12th, 2016 at 3:43 am said:

+ micdy70 on March 2nd, 2016 at 8:39 pm said:

Awesome i’ll get it for sure :)

+ micdy70 on March 2nd, 2016 at 8:42 pm said:

the wait is too long, i want it now… lol

+ micdy70 on March 2nd, 2016 at 8:44 pm said:

will the game of winter dlc be available?