Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Feb 10

24785413972_26ce695277_z

Sword Coast Legends Brings D&D Adventures to PS4 This Spring

Ash Sevilla's Avatar Posted by on Feb 10, 2016 // Community Manager

Gather your party and sharpen your blades, Sword Coast Legends is headed to PS4 this spring with a veritable treasure trove of additional content!

Sword Coast Legends is a one-to-four-player RPG set in Dungeon & Dragons’ Forgotten Realms. In Sword Coast Legends, you play as a member of the Burning Dawn — a small adventurers’ guild that has recently fallen on hard times (we’re talking nightmares and murder).

Sword Coast Legends on PS4

The good news is that you don’t have to adventure alone. In addition to the co-op experience, you’ll have the opportunity to gather a party of eclectic companions from all over Faerûn. From Hommet Shaw, the well-intentioned Necromancer, to Izhkin the self-proclaimed “Lord of the Dark,” there are a variety of memorable companions to bring on your journey when your real-life friends can’t make the trip.

Fans of D&D (like myself) will recognize dozens of iconic creatures, spells, items, and locations plucked straight from the 5th edition core D&D books. As a lifelong fan of Dungeons & Dragons, it was incredible to see the fun stuff I’ve been reading about since I was a kid brought to life in Sword Coast Legends. I was happy to see that the team was working incredibly closely with Wizards of the Coast to deliver an isometric RPG worthy of the D&D name.

After our launch on PC last October, we listened to a ton of player feedback and made numerous changes to Sword Coast Legends. I’m happy to announce that these changes will be included in the PS4 version of the game, free of charge. Some of these new features include additional skill trees (including Necromancy), hardcore options, playable drow sub-race, ability respec, new difficulty options, the addition of a player stash, and much, much more. The Sword Coast Legends community packs were an excellent addition to the PC version, and I’m elated that the new content is making its way to PS4.

Sword Coast Legends on PS4Sword Coast Legends on PS4

I have more good news! PS4 players that purchase Sword Coast Legends will also get our Rage of Demons DLC expansion for free when it’s released later this year. Rage of Demons contains an entirely new adventure for players to experience and features fan-favorite Ranger Drizzt Do’Urden and his 600 lb. astral panther Guenhwyvar. The Rage of Demons DLC will also add the highly requested Warlock class and Tiefling race to the game, as well as additional areas, weapons, armor sets, monsters, and bosses to battle. It’s quite a lot for the low price of… free.

Sword Coast Legends will be coming to PS4 this spring for $19.99, which includes all post-launch PC content and the yet-to-be released Rage of Demons DLC. So grab your DualShock 4 and I’ll see you in Faerûn!

45 Comments

+ LeandroDiFini on February 10th, 2016 at 9:02 am said:

Looks pretty cool. I love these types of games.

+ Dragonchasers on February 10th, 2016 at 9:05 am said:

Great news. Another of those games I’ve wanted to play but I just prefer the PS4 to PC. Now I can play it on my favorite platform!

+ xXjhutzXx on February 10th, 2016 at 9:06 am said:

Looks awesome, can’t wait!

+ PenguinActual on February 10th, 2016 at 9:10 am said:

I’m going to pass on this due to the fact that’s it’s 5th Edition D&D which might as well be first or second edition but with better artwork.

+ CrusaderForever on February 10th, 2016 at 9:45 am said:

Really? WTF! Why would you skip this game for that lame reason?

+ PenguinActual on February 10th, 2016 at 10:01 am said:

+ CrusaderForever

Yes. Just like EA and Ubisoft, I will no longer support Wizards of the Coast. It’s part of the reason I stopped playing Neverwinter (the other part the game got boring and the constant cash grab mentality).

+ aqeeliz on February 11th, 2016 at 3:47 am said:

What’s the deal with D&D 5th Edition?I tried searching online, but it seems to be well recieved.

+ big_bob002 on February 10th, 2016 at 9:18 am said:

Online coop?

This has been driving me nuts for the longest time. Even visitors the website. Can players put player created content on the servers? Can I invite psn friends online to try levels I create?

+ Gorvi on February 10th, 2016 at 9:21 am said:

This is going to be an awesome game to play with the kids. :)

+ DeviantBoi on February 10th, 2016 at 9:23 am said:

$20?!?!

I’m so in!!

In the past, I’ve seen two different versions of the game in the PSN store. Is there a deluxe edition? Or is it just the one edition for $20?

+ big_bob002 on February 10th, 2016 at 9:35 am said:

Yeah it’s been listed for a long time at I think $40 regular $50 enhanced for preorder. Something like that. $20 is such a steal. Now to find out if we can kill Drizzt like in Baldur’s Gate.

+ Sevesodier on February 10th, 2016 at 9:36 am said:

definitely on my wishlist after reading this :)

+ WAR0979 on February 10th, 2016 at 9:42 am said:

Is this going to be digital only or will it have a physical copy as well?

+ CrusaderForever on February 10th, 2016 at 9:49 am said:

I am so intrigued by this game. I saw this releasing on the PC and wished it would release on the PS4. This is the best generation of all time. X86 Architecture for the massive WIN!! So many fantastic PC games come over to the PS4. That price, that price is amazing. Thanks for all the perks, free DLC and your hard work!

+ DaJayhawkr on February 10th, 2016 at 9:52 am said:

Is there going to local co-op or online only?

+ BretBaber on February 10th, 2016 at 9:52 am said:

Diablo is a fun game, but you know what was way better that I’d like to see revived? Champions of Norrath. Hopefully that game gets the PS2 to PS4 treatment. “Can’t carry anymore!”

+ Trendy_Kid on February 10th, 2016 at 11:13 am said:

Champions of Norrath was my jam. I miss that game so much!

+ Sindred on February 18th, 2016 at 5:56 am said:

I’d even be happy with them re-releasing Champions on PS4 as a PS2 classic.

+ apg-alg-jlg7 on February 22nd, 2016 at 4:54 am said:

Agree 100% Champions of Norrath and Champion Return to Arms where my favorite games of all time. And Baldurs Gate also!!!! Would love to see them bring them back out!!!!

+ cmdluke on February 10th, 2016 at 9:58 am said:

wow $20?!? awesome. Does this version include creation tools to run custom campaigns?

+ Hakumen__ on February 10th, 2016 at 10:02 am said:

Any chance this might come to PS Vita?

+ Vilis_Farthuk on February 10th, 2016 at 10:37 am said:

I am a fan of that price point.

+ sethisthegoat on February 10th, 2016 at 11:16 am said:

Is the gameplay similar to Diablo? Loved Diablo III on PS4 (my first Diablo game). If this is like Diablo…but with more customization (and the ability to create your own dungeons?), that sounds pretty cool.

+ FaCoffinDye on February 10th, 2016 at 11:19 am said:

Been waiting ages for this ever since hearing the early rumors it was going to hit Ps4. I lost so many hours to Baldurs Gate , Icewind Dale and NWN back in the day. Sounds awesome. Take my money please!

+ r2a1m6o on February 10th, 2016 at 11:44 am said:

Sweet.

+ ijaypod7 on February 10th, 2016 at 11:49 am said:

PC/PS4 cross play?

+ canedaddy on February 10th, 2016 at 1:24 pm said:

Couch co-op please??

+ Korahn27 on February 10th, 2016 at 1:37 pm said:

This game might actually get me to subscribe to PS plus, if my friends are getting it too. Moved a ways away so I miss out on our old D&D games.

+ XxSTORM_FRONTxX on February 10th, 2016 at 1:59 pm said:

Is this game by the same studio who made Warframe, if so I’m getting this day one

+ KazeEternal on February 10th, 2016 at 2:58 pm said:

Keyboard and Mouse support?

+ PatricioUSA on February 10th, 2016 at 3:21 pm said:

This looks awesome! Buying it!

+ Kishnabe on February 10th, 2016 at 3:50 pm said:

Would love this if it is possible for a Vita version.

+ etherealbehemoth on February 10th, 2016 at 7:24 pm said:

Well I hope I’m getting a refund back from what the original price was when I preordered on PSN. It was 34 something because it was on a minor discount from 40 and now it’s 20? So something needs to be rectified there with PSN or that’ll be the last time I ever preorder on there. Glad to know it’s finally coming out to PS4 though. It’s been forever. I got it on Steam and it caused my computer to crash 3 times so I got a refund from it and put it towards the PS4 version.

+ chunterosa on February 11th, 2016 at 12:04 am said:

you preorder, and you get what you pay for. nothing. preordering is for suckers. you’re giving the devs money on the HOPE they produce something you want to play. quit preordering people. quit telling the devs that they can make whatever crap they want and we’ll keep swallowing it. QUIT PREORDERING GAMES PEOPLE!!!!!

+ IcedDice777 on February 11th, 2016 at 3:30 am said:

Yeah… If i remember correctly, the preorder price was way higher than what this studio was asking for at first when the game preorder went live last year.

Not exactly showing confidence by that move BUT i hope i’m wrong.

Btw, no point of preordering a DIGITAL game to secure your copy people. Is not like these sellers are going to run out of ONEs and ZEROs.

+ Naberios on February 10th, 2016 at 8:24 pm said:

“…playable drow sub-race…”
“…Drizzt Do’Urden and his 600 lb. astral panther Guenhwyvar.”
The most amazing thing I’ve read in a long, long time. Can’t wait.

+ walkbyfaith76 on February 11th, 2016 at 8:39 am said:

Yeah the playable drow race and Having Drizzt and Guen sold me, I really love when characters or world’s I read about all the time make GOOD games so instead of just reading about them I can become part of the story

+ eonlinegames on February 10th, 2016 at 11:29 pm said:

Another great games I’ve wanted to play but I just prefer the PS4 to PC. Now I can play it on my favorite platform!

+ ChristenaFevelyn on February 11th, 2016 at 3:27 am said:

I’m making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do… Earnmore9.com

+ IcedDice777 on February 11th, 2016 at 3:37 am said:

Make it Retail too if you want my money Day 1. No retail copy…I’ll pass.

My .02

+ KonietzkyStrain on February 11th, 2016 at 8:38 am said:

Really glad to hear about all the changes, as the PC version has gotten some seriously bad reviews. Hope this lives up to the D&D game I was first hoping for. I grew up with the old Red Box release of D&D and actually prefer the new 5E rules to the overly annoying and complex rules over the years. Glad it got streamlined.

+ mcksalg on February 12th, 2016 at 12:24 pm said:

Hmm wonder if all the issues are fixed, heard a lot of bad things about the PC version. I may pickup anyway since its a lower price at least. Would def want this on my Vita.

+ Strathmore on March 4th, 2016 at 8:38 am said:

The Deluxe Edition is no longer listed on the PlayStation Store. Anyone know why?

+ FuriousHero81 on March 8th, 2016 at 7:31 pm said:

I was wondering the same thing. I noticed when I went to Purchase the season pass for WWE2K16 that the Amount I spent on preordering the digital deluxe edition had been refunded to my wallet. Ah oh well I will just preorder it again for the 19.99 and out the rest towards the WWE2K16 Season Pass and call it a day. Incidently I would check the games website for more information on the cancelation of the deluxe edition for PS4.