Uncharted 4

Feb 11

24652409750_3c27485ddc_z

Party Hard Launching on PS4 This Spring

24652409750_3c27485ddc_z

Alex Nichiporchik's Avatar Posted by on Feb 11, 2016 // CEO, tinyBuild

Hi everyone! My name’s Alex Nichiporchik and I’m the CEO of tinyBuild. We’re an indie game developer and publisher. I’ve been working really hard as a producer on many of our titles, and you’re going to be hearing a lot about us this year as we have around half a dozen games being prepared for your DualShocking fingers.

We’re going to kick things off with a game that is quite different to anything you’ve played before. The game is called Party Hard, it was developed by Ukrainian studio Pinokl Games, and I can now reveal that it’s coming to PS4 this spring.

Party Hard on PS4

He just wanted some sleep…

It’s 3:00 AM. The bass is unbearable. You just want to get some sleep. Who hasn’t been in a situation like that before? A year ago I was, and I kept on plotting ridiculous scenarios for how it could play out. In the real world, of course, the best thing is to call the police and let them deal with it. It wasn’t until a few months later that I saw the prototype for Party Hard, and an idea was born.

This idea manifested in a video game about a guy who really wants to get some sleep, and finally snaps, grabbing a trusty knife and mask and heading over to stop the party.

But once he’s finished, he realizes he has quite the knack for stopping parties. So he decides to go on a rampage around the U.S., ending parties left, right, and center.

Party Hard on PS4

Don’t be fooled — Party Hard is an extremely silly game, despite its rather dark storyline. You’ll find yourself dancing with bears in sunglasses, poisoning the punch bowl, setting mantraps for unsuspecting party goers… and then running from the cops when it all goes pear-shaped.

All you have to do is dispatch everybody at each party, but that’s easier said than done, as there are usually dozens of people swarming around. Fortunately, you don’t just have your knife — there are various traps around each level that can be used.

Bears, zombies, giant aliens shooting rainbows… This is Party Hard.

P-A-R-T-WHY? Because I Gotta!

There are 19 different parties to crash, each with their own unique traps, party people, and problems. Maybe you’ll throw someone over the edge of a skyscraper, or start a conga line and stab each person one by one as they dance unwittingly along.

Each party is semi-procedural, meaning that every time you play, it’s slightly different. The people at the party will be mixed up, and act in completely different ways. Meanwhile certain rooms and traps in each level will change. Maybe this time you’ll be able to slap a bull to run a bunch of people over. Or perhaps a gasoline can will spawn and you’ll be able to burn the place down.

There are different characters to unlock, too. You start off with the guy who just wants some sleep, but eventually you’ll unlock a cop who can frame other party goers, a ninja who can hide in the shadows, and a butcher… with a chainsaw. Only the best players will work out how to unlock all the characters.

And here’s the kicker: if you livestream the game using Twitch on your PS4, the people watching your stream will be able to enter commands into the live chat and mess around with your game. Maybe they’ll vote to send a SWAT team into the house to catch you, or unleash an army of angry bikers on the party.

Party Hard on PS4

Just the Beginning

So that’s Party Hard! We’re excited to start our PlayStation story with such a ridiculous game, and we can’t wait to get the game into your hands very soon.

And as I mentioned previously, this is just the first title you can expect from tinyBuild on PlayStation this year. We have plenty of games just as crazy as this one heading in your direction very soon, so you can expect to hear from me again on PlayStation.Blog very soon!

29 Comments

+ Mercenary09 on February 11th, 2016 at 7:33 am said:

This sounds really interesting. Count me in.

+ OnTheBus666 on February 11th, 2016 at 7:39 am said:

This looks great but I would really love to see it on the vita.

+ manwithbacon on February 13th, 2016 at 9:30 pm said:

I 100% agree this would be right at home on the vita. Hopefully we are lucky enough to get it there eventually.

+ gerneric123 on February 11th, 2016 at 7:39 am said:

No Vita or Andrew WK. pls

+ Squareh00r on February 11th, 2016 at 7:40 am said:

Sounds good :D Can’t wait to see it in action and play it as well :D

+ EternityInBlack on February 11th, 2016 at 7:41 am said:

As someone who has this on PC, it’s probably one of the most fun games I’ve played in a long time. And yes, a Vita port of this would also be amazing! You know what else would be amazing? PUNCH CLUB! :D

But I’m getting ahead of myself: THANK YOU for bringing this to PS4, and I’m certainly looking forward to it’s release on this so I can double dip on it :D

+ Supermoon11 on February 11th, 2016 at 7:53 am said:

Hey Alex, I saw the Kinda Funny crew play this and looks super awesome. Is there a possibility of this coming to Vita?

+ durrr720rrrrrr on February 11th, 2016 at 8:57 am said:

Hey, Alex here!

We’re looking into the Vita and seeing the demand definitely is helping. We haven’t gotten around to experimenting with the devkit yet.

+ dadademon on February 11th, 2016 at 8:59 am said:

Enjoying the Party!!!!!!!

+ Ketchup_Apple on February 11th, 2016 at 9:01 am said:

Just the other day I was searching for this game on the ps4 store, and was DEVASTATED when I saw it wasn’t on the ps4. But now my prayers have been answered! I can’t wait to get this game, and hopefully many more great games from tinybuild in the future :)

+ LeandroDiFini on February 11th, 2016 at 9:18 am said:

This game reminds me of the Paris attacks… But it’s a game… So it’s ok… Right?

Anyway… Interesting.

+ Vengeance1138 on February 11th, 2016 at 12:09 pm said:

Any idea on price?

+ andrew_pohuliai on February 11th, 2016 at 12:15 pm said:

Slava Ukraini!

+ thikthird on February 11th, 2016 at 1:00 pm said:

Very fun game. Played it at PAX South a few weeks ago and loved it. Must buy for me.

+ MauCamper on February 11th, 2016 at 2:17 pm said:

Nice! I knew about this game this week. So glad I’m gonna get this on my ps.

+ dkarlowicz10 on February 11th, 2016 at 2:35 pm said:

PS Vita please.

+ Hakumen__ on February 11th, 2016 at 2:57 pm said:

I would definitely want to play this game on my PS Vita!

+ Champ78 on February 11th, 2016 at 4:07 pm said:

I have this on PC. It is definitely fun and I’ll probably pick it up for PS4 also if the price is right.

+ BathoryBlaze on February 11th, 2016 at 4:39 pm said:

OMG, I’m so happy this is coming to PSN! This game looks so cool. I’ve been wanting to play it for a while now.

+ TimboJames on February 11th, 2016 at 4:55 pm said:

Played an early version on pc and oh so looking forward to this on the PS4. Its screaming plus title IMO but I will be getting it either way.

+ Mollarom on February 11th, 2016 at 5:16 pm said:

Regarding the theme, it’s like Nichiporchik has a device that can read my brainwaves.

+ zatanna0zatara on February 11th, 2016 at 6:13 pm said:

Like the streaming feature, think it will make for some fun play!

+ LowMerc on February 11th, 2016 at 8:31 pm said:

hah! You see… this is why I’m still not going to buy a ps4! This game is for vita! Not for a Home Console!
PS4 doesn’t have enough games it seems!……

Let’s see what Uncharted does!

+ Ernestinacgarcia on February 12th, 2016 at 3:42 am said:

I’m making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do… Earnmore9.com

+ M1NAT3K on February 12th, 2016 at 11:18 am said:

“P-A-R-T-WHY? Because I Gotta!” I’m using that from now on.

+ WhiskeyBlues on February 12th, 2016 at 11:36 am said:

Really love the idea of this game. Can’t wait to be able to buy it.

+ redknight4 on February 13th, 2016 at 11:26 pm said:

glad to see this is coming to ps4. i have it on pc enjoyed it and finished the story mode. just want to know if all the official pc levels that have released for it will be in the ps4 edition with a possibility of extra levels.

+ alexandre_12345 on February 15th, 2016 at 7:47 am said:

PS Vita, PLEASE!!!

+ creepysuitguy on February 15th, 2016 at 9:28 am said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING THIS TO VITA!
I’VE BEEN HOPING FOR THIS TO COME TO PLAYSTATION SINCE IT LAUNCHED ON STEAM!