Uncharted 4

Feb 12

24869531291_f271b57600_z

Hitman Beta Live This Weekend, Exclusive to PS4

Travis Barbour's Avatar Posted by on Feb 12, 2016 // Io-Interactive, Community Manager

It’s time to unpack your gear and start downloading. The Hitman Beta launches today for those of you that preordered the game.

Hitman on PS4

This is one of those moments where every single developer at Io-Interactive is keenly focused on what’s happening out in the world. We’ll be watching as you progress through the “Prologue,” as we call it, and take notes on everything that happens along the way to make sure everything is shiny and ready for the March 11th launch of the first episode of Hitman. Earlier in the week, we published a Beta FAQ to give you a first look at what’s included in the Prologue.

The Prologue features two missions from Agent 47’s past. They represent that key moment, twenty years before the events that take place in Hitman, when Agent 47 meets his future handler Diana Burnwood and becomes a part of the International Contract Agency. During these two training missions, hosted at a secret ICA training facility, 47 gets to show the directors of the ICA exactly what he’s made of.

With 50 challenges and many inventive ways of getting rid of your targets, you’ll have your hands full over this coming weekend. In addition to challenges, the Beta also introduces the new opportunity system, which allows players to discover some of the more elaborate kills the game has to offer. If you feel like discovering everything on your own, opportunities can be disabled and you’re left to find clues and hone in on the right moment to strike all on your own, of course.

Square Enix will be hosting a livestream of the Beta today at 10 AM Pacific and we’ll be along in the comments watching as our friends in the LA and London offices take the Beta for a spin.

This Beta is an important milestone for us and an important step towards making this game the best it can be. Please join us on the official forums and let us know how you like the Beta. Your feedback is extremely important and valued and will help us as we continue through the months, releasing new locations, new hits, and new live content for Hitman.

Hitman on PS4Hitman on PS4

Remember that PS4 players will also get exclusive access to The Sarejevo Six. These are six bonus contracts that tell a self-contained side-story revolving around former members of a paramilitary unit called CICADA.

The first PS4 exclusive contract is called The Director and will be available when the game launches on March 11th. Your target is Scott Sarno, Director of European Operations for the CICADA private military corporation. After that, Agent 47 will travel the world in pursuit of his other targets, with one PS4 exclusive contract available in each location from the game.

PAGE 1 2
Travis Barbour's Avatar

+ Travis Barbour on February 12th, 2016 at 8:12 am said:

We’re very excited to hear what you all think about the Beta. If you’ve pre-ordered, search “HITMAN Beta” on the PS Store to find it!
If it’s not there, it’s just a matter of minutes until it is. Stay tuned.

+ Levian1986 on February 12th, 2016 at 8:16 am said:

Its the Sarajevo six not the Sarejevo six :P

+ jessicaw33411 on February 12th, 2016 at 8:21 am said:

So those of us who pre-ordered physical copies from Amazon don’t get to participate in the Beta? That kind of stinks. Would have been better if you would have sent a code. I never order games like this through PSN

+ kaelinwaltner134 on February 12th, 2016 at 8:28 am said:

@travis Barbour I been waiting for this game for awhile and can’t wait to play the full game and beta. But I been looking for the beta all morning and still can’t find it, it’s 11:27 EST now and I typed in “hitman beta” and it not there.

+ Trae_Wingo83 on February 12th, 2016 at 4:54 pm said:

I preorder the Collector edition from BestBuy….and still no code. Who do I contact to get my “Blank Blank” code?

+ Trae_Wingo83 on February 13th, 2016 at 10:39 am said:

I preorder the digital collectors edition from BestBuy…and I still haven’t received my Beta code….help please??

+ iamtylerdurden1 on February 14th, 2016 at 10:57 am said:

Is there a beta sign-up? I haven’t pre ordered, but i want to try the beta.

+ AgroNuculli on February 15th, 2016 at 12:42 pm said:

It is Sarajevo( BiH)

+ Phoenix8387 on February 12th, 2016 at 8:15 am said:

Will there be an open BETA or at the very least sign-ups? I’m interested in the game but am not going to lock myself into buying it (I’ll never pre-order on PSN because of their archaic pre-order refund policy) just to participate in a BETA.

+ Jackeljuice on February 12th, 2016 at 8:23 am said:

To get the BETA did we have to pre-order the game on the store or could we have gotten it anywhere? Because I pre-ordered it at GameStop and got the BETA codes. But, I don’t see the BETA to download. Can anyone help me?

+ unlovedhomie on February 12th, 2016 at 8:25 am said:

I agree fully. Pre ordering is just something I’m not going to do anymore due to everyone’s lack of refunds for video games.But I do really really like to test this game out

+ showcanada on February 12th, 2016 at 8:23 am said:

It’s 8:25 now and the BETA is nowhere to be find…

Travis Barbour's Avatar

+ Travis Barbour on February 12th, 2016 at 8:25 am said:

Should be any minute…

+ Trivium090786 on February 12th, 2016 at 8:25 am said:

Same problem here. What the hell is going on?

+ RyanPennington on February 12th, 2016 at 8:27 am said:

Yup, you’re not alone.

+ cr3inh4rt on February 12th, 2016 at 8:28 am said:

Still waiting…

+ The-Jack-Burton on February 12th, 2016 at 8:28 am said:

where in the store exactly will can i find this

+ showcanada on February 12th, 2016 at 8:32 am said:

It’s not in the store yet, I’m still waiting too

+ antipothis on February 12th, 2016 at 8:31 am said:

So it’s 9:30 MNT time, and I still see no beta on the store. What’s going on?

+ Jackeljuice on February 12th, 2016 at 8:31 am said:

I am not saying Square Enix is bad. But, honestly they said the BETA would be out at 8:00AM PST. And now it’s 8:30AM PST. It really stupid how they promised something and it doesn’t work.

+ cr3inh4rt on February 12th, 2016 at 8:32 am said:

Could be the PlayStation Store at fault.

+ bajor27 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:29 am said:

Anyway you slice it, it’s Square’s Fault. They could have let you download the beta days ago. There’s no reason it couldn’t have gone up on Tuesday and the servers simply came online today at 8:00AM. Pretty certain I downloaded my Division beta in advance.

+ CanadianSk8er on February 12th, 2016 at 8:32 am said:

Hmm, I still don’t see this on the store…

+ RyanPennington on February 12th, 2016 at 8:34 am said:

To be fair to SE it could be the people on the psn, it has to be approved there, I’ll reserve judgement on SE until I play the game but if this is a sign of how it’s going to be i think I’ll just take the hit on the intro pack and not bother giving them any more of my money unless the intro blows my mind. Imagine showing up to work 30 minutes late and texting your boss “any minute” very unprofessional by whoever is responsible nobody is expecting perfection it doesn’t have to be on the dot of 8:00 by half an hour when they’ve had forever to prepare this considering all the delays…

+ Jackeljuice on February 12th, 2016 at 8:37 am said:

You are right about that. It’s just usually you don’t see this stuff happen a lot especially with a game as hyped up as this.

+ hackaj on February 12th, 2016 at 8:35 am said:

Ok its 11:34est where is the beta?

+ kaelinwaltner134 on February 12th, 2016 at 8:40 am said:

Same here ive been waiting and it’s still not on here

+ ANUBUSNYC on February 12th, 2016 at 8:37 am said:

I preordered through Amazon and I received my code yesterday, looking forward to this game, looks and plays amazing!!

+ hackaj on February 12th, 2016 at 8:38 am said:

They can take our money quick but can’t give us a beta on time.

+ Trivium090786 on February 12th, 2016 at 8:40 am said:

Hahahaha! For real.

+ FrEeZoN87 on February 12th, 2016 at 8:39 am said:

It’s 1138 eastern time and still no signs has anyone gotten lucky yet?

+ ANUBUSNYC on February 12th, 2016 at 8:41 am said:

Like I posted I preordered through Amazon and received a code from square Enix for beta yesterday.

+ hurricanelmp on February 12th, 2016 at 8:40 am said:

I’ve been up since 8 est now it’s 11:40 still no beta

+ Greenwinde on February 12th, 2016 at 8:44 am said:

It’s live in Europe right now. An SE contact was saying it may not be open until 9am PST. 15 minutes! Let’s hope!

+ DjBibek on February 12th, 2016 at 8:47 am said:

If you are in Europe you should be able to play/download it now.

+ mac123186 on February 12th, 2016 at 8:53 am said:

Its 11:51 est still not there!! I want my money back. Why else did i pay up front? To play the beta when its supposed to be out. Not when they feel like putting it out. Smh

+ Jericho_3K on February 12th, 2016 at 8:43 am said:

This is why all games including betas of games need to support preload!

+ Trivium090786 on February 12th, 2016 at 8:44 am said:

THANK YOU!!!

+ hackaj on February 12th, 2016 at 8:48 am said:

They’ll pre take our money though.

+ DjBibek on February 12th, 2016 at 8:45 am said:

played the two missions of the beta just now. Fun but needs some fixing before they release it for example they need to synchronize the voice and facial movement. the cut scenes are a bit shaky like watching movie from a scratched disc.

Travis Barbour's Avatar

+ Travis Barbour on February 12th, 2016 at 8:46 am said:

As soon as we get confirmation that the Beta is available to download in the store, we’ll post in here!

Thanks for your patience!

+ DjBibek on February 12th, 2016 at 8:51 am said:

I enjoyed the Beta version. few things need to be fixed but it is fun.Can’t wait to play the full game.

+ showcanada on February 12th, 2016 at 8:49 am said:

It’s here!!! Lol, just kidding. The beta is probably delayed until 2017 like all the other Square Enix games.

+ hackaj on February 12th, 2016 at 8:50 am said:

Lol

+ oldpauldavid on February 12th, 2016 at 8:49 am said:

Does anyone in north america have access now?

+ showcanada on February 12th, 2016 at 8:49 am said:

Nope

+ hackaj on February 12th, 2016 at 8:51 am said:

+ Trivium090786 on February 12th, 2016 at 8:51 am said:

“What?! You’re kidding me?! It’s NOT prostate cancer? Whew, I though I was a goner…” YANK!

+ showcanada on February 12th, 2016 at 8:52 am said:

*Dragged outta the window*

+ hackaj on February 12th, 2016 at 8:52 am said:

Lol

+ RyanPennington on February 12th, 2016 at 8:52 am said:

Could we get free dlc or a live contract for the guy who was supposed to put this beta up at 8 am? I think that would go a long way for fans. :P

+ showcanada on February 12th, 2016 at 8:55 am said:

Lol, then you’ll have to wait for the target for a couple hours until he shows up.

+ kaelinwaltner134 on February 12th, 2016 at 8:57 am said:

Yes that’s what I’m saying

+ mac123186 on February 12th, 2016 at 8:59 am said:

We already deserve an extension. Its only fair that they give us all one more day of the beta. Who knows how many people might not buy it now. If someone buys the full game, their going to want to play it when they say it will be out.

+ showcanada on February 12th, 2016 at 9:01 am said:

It’s 9, better be here any minute now.

+ showcanada on February 12th, 2016 at 9:03 am said:

I took a shower, had some hot coffee, put on my headphones, eagerly waited to experience the Beta. But now all I feel is disappointment

+ GP-Jim72 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:04 am said:

They certainly should provide more time. I purchased at the SQ site, anybody else?

+ mac123186 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:06 am said:

Not to mention were all gonna have to wait another hour give or take for it to download too. Leave it to psn. PlayStations. Sucky. Network. To mess it up for thousands of waiting people.

+ GP-Jim72 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:08 am said:

Just for fun you could call SQE in CA after 10pst at 310-846-0345, I plan to.

+ Trivium090786 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:09 am said:

Oh, done deal!

+ showcanada on February 12th, 2016 at 9:10 am said:

They better put it up before 10pst

+ showcanada on February 12th, 2016 at 9:08 am said:

“It’s time to unpack your gear and start downloading!” Lol

+ mac123186 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:15 am said:

Lol “its time to unpack your gear, take a nap, eat lunch, go see a movie and come check back later to download. Or maybe we’ve changed our mind actually were going to push back the beta release too. Smh what a joke.

+ RyanPennington on February 12th, 2016 at 9:11 am said:

So I’m just wondering, who has won the grand prize of getting absolutely $0 from me in the future, is it the psn or SE/IO?

+ GP-Jim72 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:11 am said:

It’s there, where exactly?

+ Kr4ny418 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:12 am said:

Where is this beta? Wtf

+ gthegr8 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:12 am said:

I pre-ordered and still haven’t seen the beta in the ps store. Help me please!!

+ Trivium090786 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:13 am said:

We’re ALL having that problem.

+ RyanPennington on February 12th, 2016 at 9:13 am said:

Everyone in NA is right there with you, check their twitter feed if you want more up to date responses.

+ Kr4ny418 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:14 am said:

Check what twitter feed?

+ mac123186 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:19 am said:

They damn well better give us an extension because someone has to be held accountable or they will probably lose more money than they make js. Give us what we paid for and an extension or free access to the full game or a free 2nd episode. Something! This is unacceptable!!

+ Greenwinde on February 12th, 2016 at 9:21 am said:

From @Hitman:
PSA: Work is being done to get the NA HITMAN Beta onto the store. Apologies for the delay. Agent 47 isn’t normally late to work…

+ Donnywho on February 12th, 2016 at 9:21 am said:

After years and years of never being able to release a digital game/beta on time. I really have to ask, why does this company continue to give us exact times for download availability?

+ Trivium090786 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:21 am said:

I’m having Assassin’s Creed: Unity flashbacks with all of this bull****.

+ Tattoo541 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:24 am said:

IT IS ON !!!!

+ Epleb on February 12th, 2016 at 9:24 am said:

Still nothing. Three hours later. :(

+ showcanada on February 12th, 2016 at 9:25 am said:

Oh my goodness, is finally here!!!!! for real this time.

+ Kr4ny418 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:25 am said:

It’s on the store!

+ The-Jack-Burton on February 12th, 2016 at 9:27 am said:

where in the store

+ Trivium090786 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:30 am said:

Go to the Intro Pack. It’s under OTHER EXTRAS.

+ mac123186 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:29 am said:

Nope still not here its 12:28 est still nothing smh

+ Trivium090786 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:31 am said:

Go to the Intro Pack, it’s under OTHER EXTRAS.

+ Trivium090786 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:29 am said:

Thank you, IO!

+ hackaj on February 12th, 2016 at 9:36 am said:

Thanks for the info.

+ The-Jack-Burton on February 12th, 2016 at 9:36 am said:

Thanks for the instructions

+ ethaniellucas666 on February 12th, 2016 at 7:30 pm said:

Still didn’t work…

+ showcanada on February 12th, 2016 at 9:35 am said:

IO, you guys should let us play the demo freely and offline after the “beta period” is over. It’s not even an online game. Why end it only within 3 days, that’s way too short.

+ Trivium090786 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:42 am said:

“It scans the barcode on it’s head or else it gets the tag again. It does what it’s told.”

…Sorry.

+ Jackeljuice on February 12th, 2016 at 9:45 am said:

Can someone please help. I waited all this time for the beta and I don’t know what to do. I pre-order a physical copy and got a beta code but I don’t know what to do know. Please someone help!

+ Trivium090786 on February 12th, 2016 at 9:47 am said:

If you have a code, go into the PS Store, scroll down ’til you see Redeem Codes, then just input your code.

Travis Barbour's Avatar

+ Travis Barbour on February 12th, 2016 at 10:14 am said:

As a few of you have said, the Beta is now live. Find it here: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/hitman-beta/cid=UP0082-CUSA03017_00-HITMANBETA000001

You can also find it by finding the HITMAN Intro Pack and looking under ‘Other Extras’.

Apologies for the delay.